Make BD better at tanking

Fabr

Why don't they make bd better at tanking? Every other class that has an aggression skill has a build tank or other alternative; Dk has tank and magic build, brb tank and dmg build, charmer has physical and tank magic build, warden has tank and dmg build, pala has magic and tank build, templar has tank and physical dmg build.

Only bd who only has the dmg build to use, because he doesn't have conditions to do a tank, he has almost no skill that helps him to tank. His aggression skills are useless, except rush because he stuns. It's just taking the place that another skill could be. It would be better to remove the basic aggression and put another more useful skill in its place, and replace Rush's aggression effect with another one, than leave it the way it is, why have aggression skills if you don't tank anything? Isn't it much better to improve some of his skills to be a tank?

Screenshot_2021-10-21-13-06-51-1.png.d7ba4230442887167ce1da00fef69e57.png

This skill from the talent tree was a good start, but it's not enough. Making BD dependent on Parry is a good idea, but Parry is hard to get (and you need it as it's your only way to defend yourself) and BD needs more than just parry in general.

That's why I propose some changes to his skills (with the sole purpose of pve).

Screenshot_2021-10-21-13-49-17-1-1.png.6b30443496afa8368266ad1da6ee3643.png

Parry

On here. This skill gives very little parry. Why would I spend my skill points to get 5% more parry when a single parry rune gives 3% right away? Does not make sense. The rogue/ranger dodge has already received an improvement in the amount of dodge, but the parry has been forgotten.

Screenshot_2021-10-21-13-49-44-1-1.png.c6ca84cbe29402129cd2afba2c474e27.png

I've already seen a suggestion like this on the Russian forum, but I'll also talk about it here because it's good. Make the strength of this shield also depend on the user's hp, just like the paladin's shield. But obviously not in the same proportions, no one will want another pala in the game. Currently the shield depends on the user's physical defense, but as bd doesn't use shield, it's hard to get. Also his cooldown is strangely high for a rather weak shield.

Screenshot_2021-10-21-13-49-51-1-1.png.7ae72e5b1417bb88f69af3284de50911.png

As the bd has no cure, it will depend on vampirism. This is where the counterattack comes in. Each hit will recover a little hp, but as the hit is weak it will recover a little, but this little helps a lot to withstand more hits, as if it were a small health regeneration with each hit, and kill the mobs faster, which means you will receive fewer hits. The bad thing is that, when the character parries the attack, he doesn't counterattack, which doesn't make sense, quite the opposite. This gets in the way because the parry is the only "block" of the BD and he needs it. So it would be good that when the character parries the attack he would immediately counterattack (with the interval of 1 sec). That would fix the problem and also greatly improve the skill itself, maybe even extend the duration a little bit.

Screenshot_2021-10-21-13-50-08-1-1.png.7c64335f4ad34789b73b7429aaf364e1.png

I've always found the "increase dodge" effect a bit out of place for a class that already has the parry and wears heavy armor. It could be exchanged for another better defensive effect, such as increasing defense, robustness, decreasing auto attack damage, or even redoing the skill completely.

Edited by Fabr

• Fabr changed the title to Make BD better at tanking

If you dare get rid of the dodge from enlightment i'm crucifying you on a cross at golgata. All jokes aside, don't think bd is a class that particularly needs a buff in defensive aspect. It is too good in pvp as is, arguably strongest melee class although barbarians give them a run for their money. Parry skill is fine as it is, although the shield could use some tweaking maybe. And i do agree that counter has been a bit useless but then again there's better skills to use your points in anyway so its not that important. But what i wasnt kidding with was to not touch the dodge skill. It's the only skill that enables a different way to build a blade dancer than the typical everyday bd.

On 10/21/2021 at 6:51 PM, Raislin said:

If you dare get rid of the dodge from enlightment i'm crucifying you on a cross at golgata. All jokes aside, don't think bd is a class that particularly needs a buff in defensive aspect. It is too good in pvp as is, arguably strongest melee class although barbarians give them a run for their money. Parry skill is fine as it is, although the shield could use some tweaking maybe. And i do agree that counter has been a bit useless but then again there's better skills to use your points in anyway so its not that important. But what i wasnt kidding with was to not touch the dodge skill. It's the only skill that enables a different way to build a blade dancer than the typical everyday bd.

In pvp he's ok, but the problem is in pve, bd only uses build speed because he doesn't have other skills that compensate putting points. Bd pve are required to use build speed, you can't use pve axes, for example, because others will consider you weak and replace you with a ranger or seeker.

The truth is that the bd's potential is very poorly used, few of its skills are worth putting points (even the pve build puts the points in the rush even if it's for pvp, because there's nothing more useful to put).

Aggression could be used for bd tanking, but the bd's own skill doesn't allow it, and it ends up being left out completely. The game could release another possible build instead of forcing the player to be dmg speed and get tedious just attacking with auto hits . And yet bd speed is just a worse version of seeker.

Bd can be a tank, his skills allow this, but only if the devs want him to tank. Or half of his skills are just wasted space.

I don't think 15% dodge gives life to a different build that works, if you have an idea in mind... good luck.

BDs can tank better than any other tank because and only because the dmg passive skill, idk why you want them to have another aggro skill if the majority of active BD don't even use aggro to tank(I'm the exception cause I do), and the shield skill works off your def stats I believe so that's not much an issue unless u do actually tank with it as I do, I only recommend buffing it a little bit