Change in the sacred shield

Berniente

It is the most broken ability of the shield type game, this ability has been maintained for more than 2 years since it was improved in 2019 at the beginning of December, the shield became not only an ability for pve but it became the most used in pvp and arenas.

These were the changes that made this ability too unbalanced:

Сакральный щит.png Sacred Shield:

• Now the skill could be used only on an ally.
  • Increased effectiveness on all levels of the skill: before shield’s strength was 10-15-25-40% of the target’s maximum health, and now it’s 50-65-80-100% depending on skill’s level.
  • Decreased duration of the skill’s effect to 10-13-16-20 seconds depending on skill’s level

Not only did it change that it could be applied to 2 targets but now it takes 100% of the maximum health as resistance of the barrier being at maximum, taking into account that the minimum amount of health in a character of level 32 is 3000 hp without wearing any equipment, this leading to an even worse imbalance if both the paladin and his allies were to encounter additional health-boosting benefits.

It is very noticeable what this skill can do in any field of the game.

The best thing to do is nerf her.

Remember that unlike other tanks in the game, he doesn't have an effective damage reduction skill (the one the paladin has is really bad) so he has this shield to tank the mobs. A shield alone is not a big deal compared to a stone skin or fortification, but being placed on 2 people is also very strong.

Edited by Fabr

I'm not against any changes they decide against the paladin, but the sacred shield is the only skill that makes the paladin useful as a semi-tank, and the only defensive skill that actually works as a defense.

12 minutes ago, Kaesarz said:

I'm not against any changes they decide against the paladin, but the sacred shield is the only skill that makes the paladin useful as a semi-tank, and the only defensive skill that actually works as a defense.

i agree. scared shield is the only defensive skill paladin has, if for some reason the skill is getting a nerf, inner force should get a buff to make up for it

3 hours ago, goldpala said:

Just make it usable for paladins only. Instead on allies because it makes it more unbalance 🤣. Imagine casting it on fully amp players. 

You don't really need to "imagine" it. All you need to do is going arena and meeting 2 paladins. 

Nerf shield and buff other skills, that's the way to do it. Having 1 skill that define a class is dumb. Sun Seal, Inner Forces, Light Defense are all skills that are supposed to be defensive for Paladin and his teammates yet they all suck. If they're gonna nerf it, they have to buff these skills. Then we can have other options, if Sacred Shield is still usable after the nerf, we could see multiple Paladin builds unlike now.

17 minutes ago, Gladiator said:

Nerf shield and buff other skills, that's the way to do it. Having 1 skill that define a class is dumb. Sun Seal, Inner Forces, Light Defense are all skills that are supposed to be defensive for Paladin and his teammates yet they all suck. If they're gonna nerf it, they have to buff these skills. Then we can have other options, if Sacred Shield is still usable after the nerf, we could see multiple Paladin builds unlike now.

That's a good point indeed. 

I understand that this ability is the highest defense of its class but currently that shield is far above any defensive ability even speaking of high resistance classes such as the barbarian or others, and more than being a tank, the paladin is a support class, Unlike how the game was before where the paladin was the only tank available on the sentry side, now there are now much better and more comfortable ones, even the templar could be a good tank.

Getting to the point this ability should go back to the same as before or reduce the percentage of life converted to the strength of the shield, to be honest at one time they were not against 2 paladins in 5x5 or 4x4 in the arena and they did not see the great advantage that that shield provides? .

Paladin deserves not a balance, but a nerf on his skills. In pvp it is an immortal class combined with another paladin as it has insane healing, area stun and a damn shield that absorbs 100% of the hp of the paladin and his other friendly player. I don't know how the company lets it happen.

17 hours ago, Eofortun said:

Paladin deserves not a balance, but a nerf on his skills. In pvp it is an immortal class combined with another paladin as it has insane healing, area stun and a damn shield that absorbs 100% of the hp of the paladin and his other friendly player. I don't know how the company lets it happen.

download.jpg

21 hours ago, Eofortun said:

They always nerfing it every update 🤣 because it warspear tradition

1 hour ago, Tristin said:

Pala need better/more defense skills- look how op warden is comparatively for tanking dungeons

Warden is the best tank of the game. Every tank class is weaker in PvE than warden; the comparison made is not really appropriate. 

sorry my english Is bad

first should try tank with pala for my Is hard because no have damage reducción like other tank, and you need spend money in minios orc have a pt, exist More broken skills like dogs of the chamers at arena lvl 10 can summon 2 dogs, for the shild need wait at lvl 20 and now the damage can make at lvl20+ Is lot in pvp, one time one cheftain kill me with 3 hits (iam lvl 27 with 5k hp AND 57%), and you ignore the control skill the pala and the shild sucks when fight with control enemies

On 10/19/2021 at 9:08 PM, Gladiator said:

This and also buff banner a bit. Magic paladins hit like a wet noodle, only reason i levelled banner is for the debuff and not having anything better to put points in.

• 1 month later...

People complaining about about are the ones going against a high amp, hp build, mermen gear paladin. Other than that, paladin are not as strong due their long cd skills low hp, unreliable dmg reduction passive. It's a tank support/hybrid class. Their kit is literally to buff and protect the party. If you played other rpg, it's the same concept(off topic). However, if the shield gets nerf, it should be able to be self cast.

Well I say that the ability is fine since when they are against a 1vs1 paladin they do not complain, it also depends on the life of the player 3 and I have seen dps that have broken the shield with two hits and not by  Damage from all dps is sent to nef

The complaints are mostly from people (Mostly cloth armor users) who have tried to fight against some rich player or from people who only go to  arena 

Solution: that the skill can only Cast A single shield, And that the paladin can use it in himself as well. 

But in exchange for this, get some improvement in the "defensive" skills, such as inner force, or light defense. 

If I had to list each tank for its usefulness in different scenarios, skills, resistances, it would be:

1:warden (it is so far the best tank that exists)

2:Barbarian, (for his incredible endurance and reduction of damage, combined with incredible damage) 

3: Deathknight, (has good damage and control in 1v1, has a good tank ability that unfortunately It ceases to be useful once the game increases the difficulty of the mobs, (maybe with some handful of weak mobs, this skill Shine as gold *cough* ~Lab~ *cough*) Supported by a second skill that reduces incoming damage by only 8 seconds (correct me if im wrong) Resists enough to slightly fulfill its function. 

4: paladin, It has incredible area damage, combined with some chance of stunning (very low by the way), supported with some healing, and a very strong shield that unfortunately once the shield is broken, the paladin is literally crystal, which in an attempt to help itself by healing, it run out of energy, and without more support than a healer which must try hard for the paladin to Mediocrely fulfill its function. 

I'm just saying that each race should have its own tank, and that no faction depends only on one tank.  This is visible especially in ayvondil, where you can spend hours looking for a tank for, garden, tt, technopolis etc

This Explains why sometimes  ppl find only dmg/aoe dmg, It's better than waiting for some tank to show up.  :fuck_that:

21 minutes ago, Kaesarz said:

3: Deathknight

In comparison with its colleagues, this class is the weakest. I might start saying that this is the only tank incapable to self heal with a single skill as litterally every other tank does (aside bd, and let's not even mention the silly Saturation - Sharp combo, please). The majority who complain of this shield being stupidly broken are litterally everyone who is not a +10 damager or people from the elf side in general, who rarely fight against Paladins as the game prioritizes the Elf vs MCs fights in the arena.

The point of Paladin having low HPs is also sterile, as it might even be the only tank with the lowest base HPs, yet it's the only tank capable to increase the basic ammount of said HPs by a lot of points while healing itself in the process. 

On top of that, a shield which can basically double the ammount of your HPs and a pool of skills which can buy the Paladin enough time to cast it again and again. 

30 minutes ago, Kaesarz said:

Solution: that the skill can only Cast A single shield, And that the paladin can use it in himself as well. 

But in exchange for this, get some improvement in the "defensive" skills, such as inner force, or light defense. 

In exchange of this (which I rate more than fair), Palas should see their shield being severely nerfed. They won't give up on a broken skill even if they had other good ones, and if they are really ready for such change, then they would not mind to use points on other skills rather than a nerfed shield. You won't incentivise the usage of new skills if the old ones work magnificently.