Overall needed changes

Baphomet

I am making this post hoping that the upcoming massive rebalance isn't just about buffing and nerfing skills with numbers. Some classes and abilities need bigger changes, more than just numbers and I think the Necromancer falls into that category. I think the main problem with the necromancer is having too many situational skills, so, I'm gonna try to shine some light on what specifically are the problems of all the skills I think needs changed. 

Poison Spit & Deathly Eye

Problems: I've already made a post about this specifically Deathly Eye + Poison Spittle change, but to sum it up, I just think this is an outdated combo, currently you can't really use this in pvp fights mostly because you need to sit there and use 3 skills to deal damage of 2 and it's a DoT, the problem isn't even cooldown, it's more of casting time issue, so you only get the full value of this combo in pvp in 1v1s, maybe 2v2s. Pve wise, the chance is too low at all levels against bosses, annoyingly low. The only real value you get of this combo is killing strong monsters.

Solution: Increase the cooldown of Deathly Eye and give it a stronger effect, lower the cooldown of Poison Spit, increase damage and give a chance of a poison effect to happen. Make it just like the Priest dmg and debuff base skills.

Nightmares

Problems: Not really usable in crowded fights and even pvp in the world, people will just hit mobs and you can't use it on them anymore, but I don't see this problem with the priest's Armistice, it's usable in 1v1 and crowded fights 🥲. This skill's use is basically 1v1s and coordinated 2v2s and such, where you put one enemy to sleep and focus their allied.

Solution: Make it so only auto attacks can wake up the target and make mobs unable to attack sleeping targets in  the world, or completely change the effect to something like a "Banishment" or "Petrification" so it's usable in crowded fights.

Bone Shield

Problems: Doesn't scale very well with ability points or power and takes pure damage. At least from the tests I've made, this shield withstands the same amount of damage being used on a lvl 1 target or lvl 32 and it's not very strong in numbers.

Solution: Make it so the shield takes damage after the target's defenses.

Acid Rain

Problems: The most "sprinkly" way of dealing damage in the entire game 10 DoT ticks, only the first 6 tags enemies.

Solution: Make the whole process faster, make the Poison apply on the first sec of the rain.

Poisonous shield

Problems: Another "sprinkly" way of dealing damage, when I look at this skill I think the devs thought only about the Labyrinth while making it. However, the main problem I see in this skill is the combo with Acid Rain, since the two of them are expert skills there's a global cooldown and the allied needs to stand in the rain, so you can't really use it in movement.

Solution: Remove the combo with Acid Rain and instead make allies under the skills's effect receive extra healing and shielding so it's a combo with base skills and it would also benefit the party more defensively.

Connection

Problems: Outdated, the only use for this at the current state of the game is to spread infection. Also if you're facing one enemy it's useless.

Solution: Idk, maybe make it do something when used against one enemy 

Dead Soldier

Problems: It's a totem for the necro and an ugly one, requires corpses, if there's none the points you've spent on this are wasted, the pets are the dumbest in the game.

Solution: Remove the totem, make it so the necro can revive any corpse to follow him like the Charmer's Bird or just follow him in the area and focus who the Necro attack or is being attacked by. 

Edited by Baphometh
Included Bone Shield

I feel like deathly eye should get total rework, i dont know what but these days hp reduction and tiny magic defenae resuction isnt worth it, hp reduction might be if you level up the skill but then youre taking skill points away from more useful support skills

Nightmare could give the enemy some debuff when used as combo or just in addition to sleep, like silence for so even if they were hit out of hit they would have some debuff 

Connection should last for longer and transfer more of the damage on all levels since now its as you said, only used to transfer infection

Most of the times i have had to use poison rain to heal tank has been standing still tanking some boss, if theyre just running through lab or something seal and bone shield have been enough so i dont really agree with removing the healing combo but rain could proc dot poison faster

Idk about dead soldier, never really used it seriously

4 hours ago, Jcbreff said:

Most of the times i have had to use poison rain to heal tank has been standing still tanking some boss, if theyre just running through lab or something seal and bone shield have been enough so i dont really agree with removing the healing combo but rain could proc dot poison faster

Yeah, my complaint about the Poison Shield and Rain combo is more due to the fact that it's hard to use in pvp, since there's the global expert skill cooldown in between, I think that if the combo were with a base skill it would just be smoother, but for sure it isnt really a big problem rn. However I think that Poison shield alone should do more, feels like an outdated skill made for lab :/

8 hours ago, Baphometh said:

Poison shield alone should do more, feels like an outdated skill made for lab :/

you didnt hear this from me but its great for making mobs agro to others if theyre afk or even just running through the same area as you 

They could add a "combo" with Dead Soldier allowing you to cast Bone Shield on the Totem, creating a skeleton manually.

Wouldn't be a crazy thing to add...maybe make the power of that skeleton be scaled with Bone Shield level rather than Dead Soldier.

I did some diging in russan forum and in fact they plan to update necro shield and death soldier skill as for the other skills:

Deathly eye:

Skill need some update mostly with the combo with poison spit(maybe make it so prock the poison effect with 1 eye buff only) but overall skill is fine its mostly pve skill and can make huge difference in dung 5/5 + castle relic it instantly destroys 150k hp on 650k hp boss (like the boss in myth sea) wich save like 1-2mins from the run.

Nightmares:

It needs more range 4 yards is too low especially when most cc have 5 yard range so you are instantly on disadvantage, o tho i wont mind some debuff after sleep ends like silnce or stun but this means there should be some compensaton nerfs so it won't make the skill too op

Connection:

Maybe if they make transfer 1 more skill debuff like pit or the poison effect from rain and spit will be cool, more dmg transferred to connected targets also will be nice since its extremely situational skill and besides connection-infection combo and huge number of mobs most of the time is useless and puting 4 point on it is huge sacrifice.

P. Shield:

Maybe abit more dmg will be nice but again its okey skill since you can have it perma and it does dmg every second

Acid rain:

I wouid of reduce the main cd by 5 sec, and make it get extra poison tick per skill point so there will be a reason to lvl it up.

Infection:

I have idea to make the skill more interesting but idk if the mechanics of the game allow it, so the idea is to make it castble on allays and enemys,

Used on enemys is same debuff as it now.

Used on allays it reduce the dmg they take by same amount as the debuff (18% 4/4) and after the buff is gone it heals the target for the same amount as the dmg from the debuff( if the infection do for exmple 2k dmg the buff part will heal the allay for 2k).

Death soldier:

Againe super situational skill  somewhat usefull in gvgs and war and ship/grotto events and thats it in other instances you end up with dead skill againe, the fact you need to wait for something to die and hope its 2 or 3 things that die soo you can maximize the use of the skill is soo bad it almost hurts physically, and on top of that skeletons do not share your stats and they really do not care for the necro, your geting rekt but player or mob nah skeletons will decide to go kill some spider in the other end of the map.

So there is many ways to fix this:

Solution 1.

Make skeletons spawn without need of a corps, to balance it out they can make em spawn abit slower or the posbilty to destroy the totem.

Solution 2.

Make the totem come with preloaded 2-3 cropses againe at 3/4-4/4 for balance purposes

Also skeletons share some of the necro stats like pene,crit,acc,ferosaty, resilnce and fury and can be navigated by applying eye to the target.

5 hours ago, coldravens said:

Infection:

I have idea to make the skill more interesting but idk if the mechanics of the game allow it, so the idea is to make it castble on allays and enemys,

Used on enemys is same debuff as it now.

Used on allays it reduce the dmg they take by same amount as the debuff (18% 4/4) and after the buff is gone it heals the target for the same amount as the dmg from the debuff( if the infection do for exmple 2k dmg the buff part will heal the allay for 2k).

Amazing ideia. I think it'd be fun to use something like this

9 hours ago, coldravens said:

Nightmares:

It needs more range 4 yards is too low especially when most cc have 5 yard range so you are instantly on disadvantage, o tho i wont mind some debuff after sleep ends like silnce or stun but this means there should be some compensaton nerfs so it won't make the skill too op

Actually most of the cc in the game is =< 4 yards which is the same as mares, there's roots and charge that are >= 5 yards. Cant really think of anything else that has a real range of 5 (dk pull isnt really a cc so im not counting that). Technically bd rush has 5 yard range if you count in the aoe around the character but yea, guess im thinking way too deep into this.

Either way dont think it really needs more range and mares is one of the strongest single target cc's in the game anyway as is so dont think it really needs a buff. Yea its gone after the target gets hit but that's the trade off for potentially the longest lasting cc in the game.

Personally id like for devs to look into making all dot effects better (probably not hamstring), make them do more damage in general and make them last longer. Pretty much all of the dot skills in the game are ignored because trading away instant damage for few more damage over time isnt worth it. I feel like a damage build necro with a ton of poison skills levelled up and the dots being buffed would actually make necro a bit more viable as long as you can survive in pvp. At the moment necro just feels like a priest with a bit better cc and none of the other perks that come with being a priest. 

2 hours ago, Raislin said:

Either way dont think it really needs more range and mares is one of the strongest single target cc's in the game anyway as is so dont think it really needs a buff. Yea its gone after the target gets hit but that's the trade off for potentially the longest lasting cc in the game.

Lasts 1.5 sec more than the druid's root both 5/5 when the druid's root has 1 more range and doesn't cancel with damage. Also druid's root has 13 cd and nightmares 15 sec. My main complaint about this skill is that it's useless in crowded fights leaving the necro, a fragile class, with nothing when all the other healers can still use their base control/defensive skills. Well, if it lasts too long, make it last for shorter, but make it still functional in crowded fights. It's too situational.

6 hours ago, Baphometh said:

Lasts 1.5 sec more than the druid's root both 5/5 when the druid's root has 1 more range and doesn't cancel with damage. Also druid's root has 13 cd and nightmares 15 sec. My main complaint about this skill is that it's useless in crowded fights leaving the necro, a fragile class, with nothing when all the other healers can still use their base control/defensive skills. Well, if it lasts too long, make it last for shorter, but make it still functional in crowded fights. It's too situational.

The skills effect is themed after the name so unless you replace it with a completely new skill there's unlikely to any large mechanical changes. I guess they could add a small side effect to it when it gets dispelled but thats probably about it.

33 minutes ago, Raislin said:

The skills effect is themed after the name so unless you replace it with a completely new skill there's unlikely to any large mechanical changes. I guess they could add a small side effect to it when it gets dispelled but thats probably about it.

Orrr they can make it soo when you sleep the target it become immune to all dmg and only necro can attack it, that way will be more usefull in mass figths and 5v5-4v4 arena ofc it for balance purposes it can gain this effect when skill is developed to 4/5 and 5/5.

Edited by coldravens

4 hours ago, Speedom said:

I want Panic to be revamp into AOE Nightmare.

That's another skill that needs change. Weird how one of the most fragile class in the game has a melee range cc, lmao. I didn't add it to the post, because as it is now, at least, cucks BDs -without resist skill active- and seeker and I love that, but I agree it should be changed to some sort of AoE cc, on the selected area, not around the necro. 

Necro need stun skill like Charmer and Warden have!! The solution for Dead Soldier problem its becoming a summon skill like Charmer but it creates up to 3 skeletons with dmg equal to necro mdmg!! But still the problem for how long should be the duration of each skeleton and for that i propose 30 seconds because necro have low mdmg when compare with other class.

47 minutes ago, Deimus said:

Necro need stun skill like Charmer and Warden have!! The solution for Dead Soldier problem its becoming a summon skill like Charmer but it creates up to 3 skeletons with dmg equal to necro mdmg!! But still the problem for how long should be the duration of each skeleton and for that i propose 30 seconds because necro have low mdmg when compare with other class.

Necro can reach high mdmg as any other caster. (Except druid; Warlock). They just have lower dps because they're a support class.

Technically necro's have higher damage than druids due to the buff skill but it might just a little more, or a lot more depending on where that 4% racial skill lands on the damage formula. The problem with necro damage is that a lot of it is locked behind dot skills that are either terrible to use with the combination of skills that necro has or are just weak in general.

Deathly eye should only be applied once to be able to poison enemies, it seems like a bit of a outdated effect. The game centers a lot on CC usage so having to cast a skill 2 times to get off a weak(ish) dot is just terrible.

Poison shield or whatever its called is great but its problem being that it interferes with nightmare, so unless you can isolate a enemy to use nightmares on them while they are outside the range of aoe's you are shit out of luck.

Then there's acid rain which should just straight up be 5x5.

And like i've said in all topics so far all dots should be made stronger so that they are actually worth putting points in. They should be more damaging than standard instant cast skill with the trade off being that the damage is done overtime. Of course aoe skills should probably be excluded since they will do damage to more than one target most often so you get a fair amount of value out of them regardless.

Don't know about the rest of the skills because i wont pretend to have played necro in the last 3-4 years or so.

Edited by Raislin

2 hours ago, Danfake said:

You failed to mention the shield. 

It is the weakest shield in the game, just like that of the priest. 

At the moment of making the post I didn't want to include the shield because I thought it was just a number problem and I wanted to make a post about things that need changes beyond that. But honestly, maybe it needs a mechanical change too. I think they should make the shield withstand damage based on the target defenses or something like that. I'll edit and include it.