Primal Instinct - A Barbarian Rework

Arthas

Screenshot_1.png.b0e2a23336e2824294ff986400a4fc72.png                   PRIMAL INSTINCT                                       Screenshot_19.png.5a6aa89b9a873e816309b52441021302.png

This is a plea to ask for a lot of thematic and balance changes to the BARBARIAN a class i've loved since i was a kid and have played it in most RPGs , sometimes not with the same "class name" but always the same idea behind its construction.

1) Concept

For some Barbarians, their rage springs from a communion with fierce animal spirits. Others draw from a roiling reservoir of anger at a world full of pain. For every barbarian, rage is a power that fuels not just a battle frenzy but also uncanny reflexes, resilience, and feats of strength. (D&D 5th Edition)

2) Problems

Spoiler

Barbarians are Primal Warriors, who rely on their instincts and strenght ,  can deal a huge amount of damage on a small time window, but can also take damage, BUT , on WARSPEAR the class is heavily focused on just being the "TANK" and don't get me wrong , a good tank at that ,  BUT theres no option to "spec out" of tank and focus on going "FRENZY" , which is the most iconic Barbarian feat , being able to go insane dealing a lot of damage (and losing a lot of defensive power in exchange) the skill  Screenshot_5.png.bbdfafe55ac3baa129a0f61c0cb1dfab.pngBerserker is a good skill , but not even close to enough , because theres no combo to complement it.

When you search Barbarians photos or drawings, be it in real world or rpgs , you'll find that 55% will be using two-handed weapons , 35% will be dual-wielding and 10% will actually be using shields.

2.1) Dual-Wield

Spoiler

The fact that a player cannot choose to dualwield is a huge shame on its own, because that is something that fits perfectly in Barbarians theme and history, and would even make sense to our game, considering that Legion does not have a Heavy Armor dual wielder like Blade dancers.

2.2) Two-Handed Weapon

Spoiler

Two-Handed Wapons are the most Barbarian thing to ever exist, they define what the class means, and are always portrayed as.

But in WARSPEAR theres no a single reason why a player would use that kind of weapon.

2.2.1)Reasons

A) Our only Expert Skill that has a STUN is "SHIELD STRIKE" that is obviously linked to having a shield equipped. So theres no combo.

B) 2 HANDED MELEE WEAPONS in general are ignored because they do not increase enough damage to make it worth losing so much atack speed.

PS.: I'll use my character as an example, remember that he is focused on speed. Berserker is 4/4 and activated in both prints. 

Screenshot_2.png.1b2178f0f2f0b7ffd043cd160ab717b9.png                                                                                                    

1H SWORD                                                                                                  

941 DMG                                                                                                        

Will reach 70% speed without pots or scrolls                                          

Defensive Power 100% (Stone Skin)                                                        

Speed :   2.0 - 70% = 0.6

(Will hit every 0.6s)                                                               

Screenshot_4.png.f121c80aff7f54590a2b71a65e4e3fa5.png

2H SWORD

1498 DMG 

Will reach 44% speed without pots or  scrolls 

Without a shield will lose 50% or maybe more of our defensive power

Speed : 3.2 - 44% = 1.79

(Will hit every 1.79s)

Conclusion : I got +557 DMG , but attack 3 times slower, lost 50%+ of my deffensive power and do not have a stun. So the enemy can just stun me and walk away as soon as Charge's stun ends (if that even works)   

In both situation the damage is supbar and you'll struggle to kill ANY SUPPORT class that is as geared as you, as they will outheal your damage. 

Ps: To get 70% even as a 1handed you'll need quite A LOT invested. 

15% from "Guild Superiority"

7% from Enhanced Attack Speed

20% from Berserker 4/4

10% from Rapid Fury (Easily activated with "Restrained Rage" and "Rage Crystal"  on breastplate. As long as you are speed focused will pretty much always be on.)

And the rest you'll get from equipping the right items with the right crystals.   

3) Solutions

Spoiler

3.1) Allow Dual-Wielding

Spoiler

Theres no reason to not do that , the game would only give the players more liberty to build their toons.

If fits class theme , fits the game, and the faction.

3.2) Change Shield's Strike to a new skill that is not locked to having a shield equipped.

Spoiler

This way every weapon would have a viable combo.

Example : 

Screenshot_6.png.bd59dad6c427de04e09da83e825684a7.png Mighty Blow

Deals physical damage and has a % stun. Not Linked to any specific type of weapon.

Type:  Active.

Cast range:  Melee

Increase in damage from skill level: 20 | 50 | 80 | 110
The growth of the damage from the physical force: 115% | 120% | 125% | 130% .
Time to stun the enemy: 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 seconds .
MP Cost: 20 | 22 | 24 | 26 units .
Stun Chance: 40% | 55% | 65% | 75% .

Cooldown: 16 seconds .

3.3) Change LAST WISH

Spoiler

Barbarians are too dependant on Stone Skin , so the ideal would be to change LAST WISH to be atleast a little more consistent so damage focused barbarians won't become too squishy.

NOW

image.png The last wish  - reduces the incoming damage to the character when the critical level of health is reached for a while.

Type: Passive.

Incoming Damage Cut: 50% | 65% | 80% | 95%.

Critical health value: 25% | 30% | 35% | 40% (of the maximum health of the character).

Action time: 8 seconds .

Cooldown: 90 seconds .

SUGGESTION

image.png The last wish  - reduces the incoming damage to the character when the critical level of health is reached for a while.

Incoming Damage Cut: 25% | 40% | 55% | 70%.

Critical health value: 30% | 40% | 50% | 60% (of the maximum health of the character).

Action time: 15 seconds .

Cooldown: 45 seconds 

Its weaker, but activates a lot more, so a lot more consistent.

3.4) If needed ,  nerf STONE SKIN 

Spoiler

What i want is not for the class to be the best at everything , what i want is options, and more versatility , because thats whats this class is about.

If the numbers just seem to be too op , then what i think the Devs should do is nerf stone skin to compensate.

3.5) Change Berserker's Animation

Spoiler

The skill has an awesome functionality , it works really well , no complaints there.

But the visuals , are so underwhelming , it is depressing.

We are talking about good ol' Berserker people , this is not a little Horn above a Barbarians Head , its supposed to represent a total state of RAGE.

????????

Screenshot_7.png.9e155f652eb046bbd12d236df0066182.png                 

????????

aura.gif.70c57a5add32dba7107a59dfdf81ccd7.gif.2421267b34a55f963bad09a54c0da43d.gif 

An "Aura" like this, but smaller ,and RED , would be 1000% better, and its certainly doable ,using the same technique

Ps: I'm not saying Barbarians are weak, we are not, we can take a lot of damage. What i'm saying is that is not what a Barbarian is , and we do not have options. We are forced to play as tanks , because our only expert skill stun is locked to shield, and 2-handed weapons do not increase enough dmg to compensate for the attack speed loss at all.

Barbarian-female.gif.24759e081e18e756c2c550327ef948f2.gif  I hope Barbarians get some love on the next updates.   Barbarian-male.gif.1897835c24b43010d13b059319776768.gif

@Nolan @Akasha @snorlax @Cardinal @ThiagoWanted @Holmes

Credits :

Most of my skills % data came from this post

Edited by Arthas

2 horas atrás, Arthas disse:
very good idea, in my point of view brb has great damage but what makes it tank is not its super heavy armor or anything like that, but its vitality (at least in the tabletop rpg I play brb neither uses armor nor shield )

Edited by BLIZZARDHYDRA

• 1 month later...

I totally agree, they need work more the dmg variation of barbarian, if  u try to make a barbarian dmg it just sucks, class die very fast, it's slow, dont have combo cause as u said shield strike work only with shield, and yeah too much dependece on stone skin where have the block combo just  with a shield, so to fix this they need to let barbarian wield two axes to be a good dps and be a real barbarian, change shield strike to stun with any weapon, if necessary nerf stone skin to make those changes possibility and do that rework u said in last wish.

about beserk power animation it's a emergence the change in animation i really fell shy walking around with it 

769413360_Semttulo.png.658142f726bb8d8ab64edce9f9c0189a.png

On 10/16/2021 at 8:56 AM, Arthas said:

Screenshot_1.png.b0e2a23336e2824294ff986400a4fc72.png                   PRIMAL INSTINCT                                       Screenshot_19.png.5a6aa89b9a873e816309b52441021302.png

This is a plea to ask for a lot of thematic and balance changes to the BARBARIAN a class i've loved since i was a kid and have played it in most RPGs , sometimes not with the same "class name" but always the same idea behind its construction.

1) Concept

For some Barbarians, their rage springs from a communion with fierce animal spirits. Others draw from a roiling reservoir of anger at a world full of pain. For every barbarian, rage is a power that fuels not just a battle frenzy but also uncanny reflexes, resilience, and feats of strength. (D&D 5th Edition)

2) Problems

Reveal hidden contents

Barbarians are Primal Warriors, who rely on their instincts and strenght ,  can deal a huge amount of damage on a small time window, but can also take damage, BUT , on WARSPEAR the class is heavily focused on just being the "TANK" and don't get me wrong , a good tank at that ,  BUT theres no option to "spec out" of tank and focus on going "FRENZY" , which is the most iconic Barbarian feat , being able to go insane dealing a lot of damage (and losing a lot of defensive power in exchange) the skill  Screenshot_5.png.bbdfafe55ac3baa129a0f61c0cb1dfab.pngBerserker is a good skill , but not even close to enough , because theres no combo to complement it.

When you search Barbarians photos or drawings, be it in real world or rpgs , you'll find that 55% will be using two-handed weapons , 35% will be dual-wielding and 10% will actually be using shields.

2.1) Dual-Wield

Reveal hidden contents

The fact that a player cannot choose to dualwield is a huge shame on its own, because that is something that fits perfectly in Barbarians theme and history, and would even make sense to our game, considering that Legion does not have a Heavy Armor dual wielder like Blade dancers.

2.2) Two-Handed Weapon

Reveal hidden contents

Two-Handed Wapons are the most Barbarian thing to ever exist, they define what the class means, and are always portrayed as.

But in WARSPEAR theres no a single reason why a player would use that kind of weapon.

2.2.1)Reasons

A) Our only Expert Skill that has a STUN is "SHIELD STRIKE" that is obviously linked to having a shield equipped. So theres no combo.

B) 2 HANDED MELEE WEAPONS in general are ignored because they do not increase enough damage to make it worth losing so much atack speed.

PS.: I'll use my character as an example, remember that he is focused on speed. Berserker is 4/4 and activated in both prints. 

Screenshot_2.png.1b2178f0f2f0b7ffd043cd160ab717b9.png                                                                                                    

1H SWORD                                                                                                  

941 DMG                                                                                                        

Will reach 70% speed without pots or scrolls                                          

Defensive Power 100% (Stone Skin)                                                        

Speed :   2.0 - 70% = 0.6

(Will hit every 0.6s)                                                               

Screenshot_4.png.f121c80aff7f54590a2b71a65e4e3fa5.png

2H SWORD

1498 DMG 

Will reach 44% speed without pots or  scrolls 

Without a shield will lose 50% or maybe more of our defensive power

Speed : 3.2 - 44% = 1.79

(Will hit every 1.79s)

Conclusion : I got +557 DMG , but attack 3 times slower, lost 50%+ of my deffensive power and do not have a stun. So the enemy can just stun me and walk away as soon as Charge's stun ends (if that even works)   

In both situation the damage is supbar and you'll struggle to kill ANY SUPPORT class that is as geared as you, as they will outheal your damage. 

Ps: To get 70% even as a 1handed you'll need quite A LOT invested. 

15% from "Guild Superiority"

7% from Enhanced Attack Speed

20% from Berserker 4/4

10% from Rapid Fury (Easily activated with "Restrained Rage" and "Rage Crystal"  on breastplate. As long as you are speed focused will pretty much always be on.)

And the rest you'll get from equipping the right items with the right crystals.   

3) Solutions

Reveal hidden contents

3.1) Allow Dual-Wielding

Reveal hidden contents

Theres no reason to not do that , the game would only give the players more liberty to build their toons.

If fits class theme , fits the game, and the faction.

3.2) Change Shield's Strike to a new skill that is not locked to having a shield equipped.

Reveal hidden contents

This way every weapon would have a viable combo.

Example : 

Screenshot_6.png.bd59dad6c427de04e09da83e825684a7.png Mighty Blow

Deals physical damage and has a % stun. Not Linked to any specific type of weapon.

Type:  Active.

Cast range:  Melee

Increase in damage from skill level: 20 | 50 | 80 | 110
The growth of the damage from the physical force: 115% | 120% | 125% | 130% .
Time to stun the enemy: 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 seconds .
MP Cost: 20 | 22 | 24 | 26 units .
Stun Chance: 40% | 55% | 65% | 75% .

Cooldown: 16 seconds .

3.3) Change LAST WISH

Reveal hidden contents

Barbarians are too dependant on Stone Skin , so the ideal would be to change LAST WISH to be atleast a little more consistent so damage focused barbarians won't become too squishy.

NOW

Incoming Damage Cut: 50% | 65% | 80% | 95%.

Critical health value: 25% | 30% | 35% | 40% (of the maximum health of the character).

Action time: 8 seconds .

Cooldown: 90 seconds .

SUGGESTION

Incoming Damage Cut: 25% | 40% | 55% | 70%.

Critical health value: 30% | 40% | 50% | 60% (of the maximum health of the character).

Action time: 15 seconds .

Cooldown: 45 seconds 

Its weaker, but activates a lot more, so a lot more consistent.

3.4) If needed ,  nerf STONE SKIN 

Reveal hidden contents

What i want is not for the class to be the best at everything , what i want is options, and more versatility , because thats whats this class is about.

If the numbers just seem to be too op , then what i think the Devs should do is nerf stone skin to compensate.

Reveal hidden contents

The skill has an awesome functionality , it works really well , no complaints there.

We are talking about good ol' Berserker people , this is not a little Horn above a Barbarians Head , its supposed to represent a total state of RAGE.

????????

????????

aura.gif.70c57a5add32dba7107a59dfdf81ccd7.gif.2421267b34a55f963bad09a54c0da43d.gif 

An "Aura" like this, but smaller ,and RED , would be 1000% better, and its certainly doable ,using the same technique

Ps: I'm not saying Barbarians are weak, we are not, we can take a lot of damage. What i'm saying is that is not what a Barbarian is , and we do not have options. We are forced to play as tanks , because our only expert skill stun is locked to shield, and 2-handed weapons do not increase enough dmg to compensate for the attack speed loss at all.

Barbarian-female.gif.24759e081e18e756c2c550327ef948f2.gif  I hope Barbarians get some love on the next updates.   Barbarian-male.gif.1897835c24b43010d13b059319776768.gif

@Nolan @Akasha @snorlax @Cardinal @ThiagoWanted @Holmes

Credits :

Most of my skills % data came from this post

Come on! Do you want a tank with a lot more damage than you already have? There's the chieftain, who is already a "barbaro" (lots of healing, a lot of strength, a lot of defense and burst damage) I think the legion doesn't need another "chieftain" character. Barbaro already has a lot of absorption, a very good attack power for the class, and a very good stamina with a tank-oriented class. I hope the DEVs don't neglect this "balancing" update and do a better job of what they've been doing.

3 hours ago, Buckrudy said:

Vamos! Você quer um tanque com muito mais dano do que você já tem? Tem o chefe, que já é um "bárbaro" (muita cura, muita força, muita defesa e dano de explosão) acho que a legião não precisa de outro personagem "chefe". Bárbaro já tem muita absorção, um poder de ataque muito bom para a classe e uma resistência muito boa com uma classe voltada para tanques. Espero que os DEVs não negligenciem essa atualização de "equilíbrio" e façam um trabalho melhor do que estão fazendo.

I don't think you understand my proposal.

BRB is outstanding at TANKING.

I'd say he is 10/10 defensewise

and 4/10 damagewise

The idea is for him to be 7/10 on both.

If you actually read and study all Barbarian's skills you'll see that most of them are cathered towards damage.

Because Barbarians should have options to SPEC IN to damage dealers.

The reasn they can't are those that i've shown.

Hence the suggestion.

The class is totally dependant on "STONE SKIN" which is a skill that pretty much forces the player to play 1 specific build.

Changing things as i've suggested would just increase a lot of build diversity , and make BARBARIANS a lot less tanky

As Blade Dancers , a class that was developed to be a mix between tank and damage dealer.

And now is focused on damage, the same could certainly be done to Barbarian.

Edited by Arthas

21 hours ago, Arthas said:

and 4/10 damagewise

If you actually read and study all Barbarian's skills you'll see that most of them are cathered towards damage.

Hence the suggestion.

The class is totally dependant on "STONE SKIN" which is a skill that pretty much forces the player to play 1 specific build.

Changing things as i've suggested would just increase a lot of build diversity , and make BARBARIANS a lot less tanky

As Blade Dancers , a class that was developed to be a mix between tank and damage dealer.

I advise you to change class, because you want a full dmg class... Create a chieftain or bd. Barbaro is a full tank and actually I think they should reduce some of the damage and some of the absorption of the "Skin of Stone" as he gets another one when blocking attacks.

On 12/2/2021 at 7:08 PM, Arthas said:

and 4/10 damagewise

Hence the suggestion.

As I already said, I think that barbarian doesn't need any kind of "buff". On the contrary, an amount of their "absorptions" should be reduced. It would continue with the same "tank" and not "dmg/tank" type of purpose. For years I saw warspear very unbalanced, nowadays, after several "nerfs/buffs" it is in a supposed "balance". 
Barbarian has an absurd resist, 10sec. Various types of "debuffs" that reduce damage and penetration. 2 damage absorbing skills. Besides the "rage" that increases your strength and heals and a good attack speed with your "expert skill". I think you really don't need to increase anything more in barbaro, but slightly reduce your defense percentages and a significant amount of your "resist" skill.

26 minutes ago, Buckrudy said:

As I already said, I think that barbarian doesn't need any kind of "buff". On the contrary, an amount of their "absorptions" should be reduced. It would continue with the same "tank" and not "dmg/tank" type of purpose. For years I saw warspear very unbalanced, nowadays, after several "nerfs/buffs" it is in a supposed "balance". 
Barbarian has an absurd resist, 10sec. Various types of "debuffs" that reduce damage and penetration. 2 damage absorbing skills. Besides the "rage" that increases your strength and heals and a good attack speed with your "expert skill". I think you really don't need to increase anything more in barbaro, but slightly reduce your defense percentages and a significant amount of your "resist" skill.

oh boy , here we go again

You say like theres unlimited skill points.

As said before , the suggestion is to decrease defensive power , and compensate the change in “Stone Skin” by making Last Wish a more frequent activation skill and changing Shield Strike to another skill that isn’t locked to having a shield.

Barbarians are forced to 4/4 Stoke Skin

As thats where 90% of our defensive power comes from

Forced to 4/4 Berserker
If they wanna deal atleast a little bit of decent damage (otherwise its impossible to get 70% speed)

And forced to 4/4 shield strike

Or they wont have a stun.

How exactly do you think any Barbarian can use points in Barbarian Nature?

The video you are showing here isn’t proof of anything at all unfortunately.

Classes are not balanced around 1 character , and specially not around a player that has Both Orcinus and Octopus books as the Barbarian shown above.

Classes are balanced around normal players.

Normal Barbarian players :

Dont have 70% speed

Are not full +10. 
Dont Stack 2 Mermen Auras

Do not have Octopus and Orcinus books

Normal Barbarians have really good defensive power , and really bad damage.

But anyways , you’ll keep thinking that you understand more of people’s classes then themselves , lets just let the Developers do all the tests that are needed and change what they see fit.

Edited by Arthas

2 minutes ago, Arthas said:

oh boy , here we go again

You say like theres unlimited skill points.

As said before , the suggestion is to decrease defensive power , and compensate the change in “Stone Skin” by making Last Wish a more frequent activation skill and changing Shield Strike to another skill that isn’t locked to having a shield.

Barbarians are forced to 4/4 Stoke Skin

As thats where 90% of our defensive power comes from

Forced to 4/4 Berserker
If they wanna deal atleast a little bit of decent damage (otherwise its impossible to get 70% speed)

And forced to 4/4 shield strike

Or they wont have a stun.

How exactly do you think any Barbarian can use points in Barbarian Nature?

The video you are showing here isn’t proof of anything at all unfortunately.

Classes are not balanced around 1 character , and specially not around a player that has Both Orcinus and Orctopus books as the Barbarian shown above.

If that Paladin had the same power/books that fight would have gone in a totally different direction.

Classes are balanced around normal players.

Normal Barbarian players :

Dont have 70% speed

Are not full +10. 
Dont Stack 2 Mermen Auras

Do not have Octopus and Orcinus books

Normal Barbarians have really good defensive power , and really bad damage.

But anyways , you’ll keep thinking that you understand more of people’s classes then themselves , lets just let the Developers do all the tests that are needed and change what they see fit.

I sure know how they are... But barbarian is a tank and already has considerable "damage" for a class that serves to withstand the maximum damage received. Even though his defenses are reduced, the barbarian remains a "super tank" like a rock.

4 minutes ago, Buckrudy said:

I sure know how they are... But barbarian is a tank and already has considerable "damage" for a class that serves to withstand the maximum damage received. Even though his defenses are reduced, the barbarian remains a "super tank" like a rock.

They are incredibly tanky.

But they dont have a considerable Damage at all.

Do tests with normal accounts. Not with characters that are at the TOP of class potential, as no other character will reach that strength , and no Developer in their right mind will change 500 people’s account to nerf 1 specific character.

Thats how class balancing is done.

A +8 Barbarian can take a lot of hits , but cannot kill anything that has self sustain.

Edited by Arthas

i like the suggestion. giving classes more options for playstyles is a good thing, 2 handed weapons need to find a new purpose in the game

26 minutes ago, Arthas said:

They are incredibly tanky.

But they dont have a considerable Damage at all.

Do tests with normal accounts. Not with characters that are at the TOP of class potential, as no other character will reach that strength , and no Developer in their right mind will change 500 people’s account to nerf 1 specific character.

Thats how class balancing is done.

A +8 Barbarian can take a lot of hits , but cannot kill anything that has self sustain.

And who said to nerfing 1 player?
I just showed the potential of the class, and with the ease of today, it's quite likely that they have more barbarians like that... A little more time and investment, anything is possible. Now to give more damage to a class that is a tank, it doesn't make sense! I think they are not exploiting the potential of the right class. I have a barbarian and I know what I'm talking about. Luckily I played in several classes and I still play.

Edited by Buckrudy

2 minutes ago, Buckrudy said:

And who said to nerfing 1 player?
I just showed the potential of the class, and with the ease of today, it's quite likely that they have more barbarians like that... A little more time and investment, anything is possible. Now to give more damage to a class that is a tank, it doesn't make sense! I think they are not exploiting the potential of the right class. I have a barbarian and I know what I'm talking about. Luckily I played in several classes and I still play.

Its not the potential of the class.

The potential of any class is tripled when in possession of those books.

The whole suggestion is to decrease defensive power and increase offensive power.

Classes are not BOUND to anything.

Just look at Blade Dancers.

A class in its core designed to be a Tank/Dps and Barbarian is absolutely the same.

Look at Barbarians skills. And you’ll realize it can most certainly be less focused in defense and be a viable dmg dealer if a few changes are put in place.

Every class should have options.

10 minutes ago, Arthas said:

Its not the potential of the class.

The potential of any class is tripled when in possession of those books.

The whole suggestion is to decrease defensive power and increase offensive power.

Classes are not BOUND to anything.

Just look at Blade Dancers.

A class in its core designed to be a Tank/Dps and Barbarian is absolutely the same.

Look at Barbarians skills. And you’ll realize it can most certainly be less focused in defense and be a viable dmg dealer if a few changes are put in place.

Every class should have options.

Do you see BD as a tank? Does the class have 80% stone skin? "Last Wish" absorbing 75%? See bd with shield and mace? So it's not the same... Currently bd is only for 1v1 and arenas... Barbarian is "full tank" and even though they will lower their defenses, it's not necessary to raise more damage for barbarian. I think you are wrong to try to equate bd with barbarian.

Edited by Buckrudy

10 minutes ago, Buckrudy said:

Do you see BD as a tank? Does the class have 80% stone skin? "Last Wish" absorbing 75%? See bd with shield and mace? So it's not the same... Currently bd is only for 1v1 and arenas... Barbarian is "full tank" and even though they will lower their defenses, it's not necessary to raise more damage for barbarian. I think you are wrong to try to equate bd with barbarian.

Look at Bd’s skills.

It was obviously designed to be a mix between Tank/DPS

I don’t think you even tried to imagine the changes ive suggested.

Changing Shield Strike would incentivize 2 handed weapons , thats the only change.

Using 2 handed weapons is automatically a 90% defensive power nerf because we would lose Stone Skin which is our strongest skill.

Changing Last Wish would create a substitute to stone skin but WAY WEAKER then stone skin.

A Barbarian would go from

10/10 defense

4/10 damage

to

7/10 defense

7/10 damage

It would open a realm of possibilities to what a player can create with their character.

Today every Barbarian is forced to play the same cookie-cutter Stone Skin build.

Every class should be good at something.

Today Barbarian is Good defense-wise , and terrible at damage and support.

If they were going to change its defensive power , at the very least , offensive should be upped.

No class should be too strong in more then 1 of the 3 , as Paladins and Charmers are for example.

But every class should be strong in atleast one.

Edited by Arthas

2 minutes ago, Arthas said:

I don’t think you even tried to imagine the changes ive suggested.

Changing Shield Strike would incentivize 2 handed weapons , thats the only change.

Using 2 handed weapons is automatically a 90% defensive power nerf because we would lose Stone Skin which is our strongest skill.

Changing Last Wish would create a substitute to stone skin but WAY WEAKER then stone skin.

A Barbarian would go from

10/10 defense

4/10 damage

to

7/10 defense

7/10 damage

It would open a realm of possibilities to what a player can create with their character.

Today every Barbarian is forced to play the same cookie-cutter Stone Skin build.

It's not hard to imagine, it's hard to agree with you. It's not personal or to nerf the barbarian class, but to keep what it is and just reduce its absorptions a little. Two-handed Barbarian is very good at PvP/PvE. I really don't think they're exploiting the great potential of the barbarian. If they do what you're asking, surely in the near future it will get "nerfed" and it's more of a problem for the game. 

8 minutes ago, Buckrudy said:

It's not hard to imagine, it's hard to agree with you. It's not personal or to nerf the barbarian class, but to keep what it is and just reduce its absorptions a little. Two-handed Barbarian is very good at PvP/PvE. I really don't think they're exploiting the great potential of the barbarian. If they do what you're asking, surely in the near future it will get "nerfed" and it's more of a problem for the game. 

You really should do some testing with BRB if you think 2handed are good. 
I’m sorry , but you are incorrect.

2-handed at this moment is useless.

As i’ve stated above.

The burst damage increase does not make up for the loss in so many more aspects.

You’d lose 90% of your defensive power , because you wont be able to rely on stone skin.

Last Wish activages for 8 seconds every 90 seconds, It is incredibly situational

2-handed has no combo, because Shield Strike is linked to a shield.

No stun = no combo

No combo = you deal a burst damage , dealing maybe 1.7-2k damage if the player isnt as geared as you are.

They will stun you and walk.

1-handed =
More defensive power

More damage ( a lot more consistent )

Has a combo

I’m sorry , but you have no idea of what you are talking about.

Edited by Arthas

18 minutes ago, Arthas said:

You really should do some testing with BRB if you think 2handed are good. 
I’m sorry , but you are incorrect.

2-handed at this moment is useless.

As i’ve stated above.

The burst damage increase does not make up for the loss in so many more aspects.

You’d lose 90% of your defensive power , because you wont be able to rely on stone skin.

Last Wish activages for 8 seconds every 90 seconds, It is incredibly situational

2-handed has no combo, because Shield Strike is linked to a shield.

No stun = no combo

No combo = you deal a burst damage , dealing maybe 1.7-2k damage if the player isnt as geared as you are.

They will stun you and walk.

1-handed =
More defensive power

More damage ( a lot more consistent )

Has a combo

I’m sorry , but you have no idea of what you are talking about.

Exactly because barbarian is a tank and not full damage... It's a well balanced class in terms of damage... I've already left the opinion and chieftain came to show that it's full damage and full support at the same time... I think that by itself, could already reduce the barbarian's defenses a little and leave the damage the way it is. I know you are asking this for playing barbarian, I also play and I do not agree with such a "buff" requested by you.

5 minutes ago, Buckrudy said:

Exactly because barbarian is a tank and not full damage... It's a well balanced class in terms of damage... I've already left the opinion and chieftain came to show that it's full damage and full support at the same time... I think that by itself, could already reduce the barbarian's defenses a little and leave the damage the way it is. I know you are asking this for playing barbarian, I also play and I do not agree with such a "buff" requested by you.

It isn’t a buff at all.

Its a Rework

But anyways , this post along with a few others that were voted on Discord have already been sent to the Developers to further analysis.

Hopefully they will bring good changes to all classes.

:thumbsup:

Edited by Arthas

5 minutes ago, Arthas said:

It isn’t a buff at all.

Its a Rework

But anyways , this post along with a few others that were voted on Discord have already been sent to the Developers to further analysis.

Hopefully they will bring good changes to all classes.

:thumbsup:

As Nolan made clear, it was just feedback. Certainly the developers are working as best as possible and not 1v1. Let's expect another wonderful work from the team.
Having notion and coherence is the least to be expected... Bd = a brb, it's killing anyone to laugh. 

10 minutes ago, Buckrudy said:

... Bd = a brb, it's killing anyone to laugh. 

I did not understand this part , it was probably lost in translation.

But i assume you meant i said BRB = BD which is absolutely not true.

But they are both Tank/Dps as a core of both classes/skillsets.

Anyways , let us all hope for the best.

3 hours ago, Arthas said:

I did not understand this part , it was probably lost in translation.

But i assume you meant i said BRB = BD which is absolutely not true.

But they are both Tank/Dps as a core of both classes/skillsets.

Anyways , let us all hope for the best.

I just laughed at your bd comparison. As much as BD uses heavy items, he is rather a dps (has no class tank skills). The barbarian is a tank with high damage. With the ease of reaching 70% attack speed, many are using these items from dps in barbarian, even in warden it would be cool... But as I said, it doesn't make sense for class tank to be "full dmg" like you want. If you need me, I'll be here.

On 10/16/2021 at 8:56 AM, Arthas said:

Hide contents

????????

????????

As for Barbaro's animation, there's one that I'm in mind, I think it would fit really well with the "Berserker" effect. The Pet "Flaming Lion" has an ability that involves your character with a Flaming Aura, I believe that if you changed the color, making it more reddish, it would combine very well with Barbaro!

18 hours ago, Dethor said:

As for Barbaro's animation, there's one that I'm in mind, I think it would fit really well with the "Berserker" effect. The Pet "Flaming Lion" has an ability that involves your character with a Flaming Aura, I believe that if you changed the color, making it more reddish, it would combine very well with Barbaro!

That could also work.

It just has to be something that represents Berserker. A total state of rage.

Not just some horns above a Barbarians head lol