Warlocks are the weakest of all, so let's talk.

Lock

So, some people may argue about that, but warlocks are currently the weakest of all. 

They're pretty good at pve, but at pvp not so much. 

Imagine a +10 bd with full lv30 pvp set

Now imagine a lock with full lv30 pvp set

Now TRY to imagine the lock winning in 1v1...

it's pretty impossible I know, because the bd will resist half of the skills the lock will use, on top of that bd has resist skill, and not to mention all the other ways to get even more resistance. 

First of all it's a game based on teamwork, yet how in the world can someone get killed in an instant? 

Just think about it, warspear is made so when you have lots of dmg you can instantly kill almost anyone, there is no room for skill show off, it's all stats and stats, no time for a team mate to react and help you or whatever. It has to be possible for ANY to beat ANY with skill, not stats, ofc the gap can't be huge, but still must be reasonable. 

I can kill anyone I want if I buy 200k Mc and go +10, but I also dont judge you for being greedy. 

The main issue I actually wanted to talk about is that warlocks have one useless expert skill that requires the use of Hex, but in battle when there are so many people melee classes have the advantage always with all the burst dmg, attack speed and etc. 

Warlocks have such a huge CAST TIME it's impossible to defend yourself as such. 

First problem: the area effect skills are always displaced, and the reason isn't that idiotic statement that the devs always give which is "you need stable connection" 

CMON? I have 10gbps wifi and I'm playing on a PC with a 10gb Lan card, or when on the phone with the latest iPhone, but somehow my connection never suits warspear... Everyone is experiencing this, your servers lag as he'll too often and absolutely everything is unbalanced. 

This is MMORPG, with a similar gear power any class should be able to have a fair fight with any other. 

I am willing to suggest a way to achieve a gameplay where skill is important, not just stats. Warlocks must be a hard class play, but it also must be paying off if the player is good. 

It's possible, but you will lose all the people who only know how to press buttons in order. 

I did a topic almost with the same problems of warlocks, always skills are bugged, warlocks need a defensive skill like mahe barrier, or they must nerf the resistance parameter, for example ppl can resist only 1 time each 5 seconds, if they resist ur dsrk circle they cant resist the next skill in 5second, will give a chance to fight, cause warlocks depend on his skils and his skills are stuns, many classes get resist skill, barb mage blade dancer chieftain and they get resist from crystal, from book, from guild lvl 12, from scroll, there is nothing to do for a warlock vs all that resistance, i completely understand u, i hope devs can read it and considere it

Im agree with you, I still haven't played with that class but i can see how they suffer on the arena being killed too easily

comparing wirh the most controls class on elfs side like Templar , there's a high difference, I hope soon they fix it and balance that.

Well I'm user lock pve. Lock already good with full vamp for now. But I wish dev can rework lock skill called grimoire the reason is this skill can't stack with skill charmer called weakness. And also skill bloody tribute. This skill disappear after enemy using skill and extrack only little enemy mana at 4/4 it waste I wish dev rework this skill too

I think talking about lock is a little sensitive, because you either die easily, or kill someone easily. Either some class resists your stun and stuns you and kills you, or the lock stuns someone infinitely until they die, it's like an all or nothing.

Also lock is the class made for stun aoe, not 1x1. He keeps hitting the whole team with circle and zone in the arena, obviously the opponent will use his resist skill to finish him first, or he will suffer for the rest of the arena. That's why lock dies easily.

In gvgs, wars, or anything 5v5 and above in numbers locks are insanely strong. Constant aoe silence and stun. Only fair that they lack a bit in 2v2s 3v3s imo. And even then a skilled lock can make a huge difference in those too

I've been playing warlock for a while now in PvE, PvP as well as some of the most intense GvGs and I can say with confidence that the class itself was ruined due to the insane amount of resist available in the game as of now.

I've also played hunter, shaman, mage, warden, rogue, chieftain and from my experience the difficulty of playing a warlock is extremely high with complex skill combinations that yeild poor results even if executed successfully compared to all these classes.

In short, it's an outdated class that has not kept up the ever changing pace of the game and been left in cobwebs.

P.S: What's with the cobweb at the top left of the screen on the forum?

Edited by TheCaster

35 minutes ago, TheCaster said:

I've been playing warlock for a while now in PvE, PvP as well as some of the most intense GvGs and I can say with confidence that the class itself was ruined due to the insane amount of resist available in the game as of now.

I've also played hunter, shaman, mage, warden, rogue, chieftain and from my experience the difficulty of playing a warlock is extremely high with complex skill combinations that yeild poor results even if executed successfully compared to all these classes.

In short, it's an outdated class that has not kept up the ever changing pace of the game and left in cobwebs.

Lock being dependent on full stun combo to survive in the arena, the resist stats ruin everything, and it's really easy to get stamina, guild buff and castle scrolls give a high amount. He needs improvement to not be so dependent on stuns, in a game where resistance is everywhere.

But the class is not outdated, I just think that the style of play doesn't match with all these "anti-stun" things. He still carries invaluable value in guilds.

35 minutes ago, TheCaster said:

h:happypumpkin:

53 minutes ago, TheCaster said:

For a little moment I though my screen was cracked. 

4 hours ago, Fabr said:

I just think that the style of play doesn't match with all these "anti-stun" things.

Isn't that the definition of outdated in this context though? 😅 But yeah as you've mentioned, they need something other than stun to rely. Not quite sure what that can be: Shield? Increase in damage potential? passive skill rework? But they need something to change, that's for sure.

The skill execution of lock is quite complex too. For example, I live in the middle east which is quite far from Russia where the servers are located I believe. I have to worry about where I place my dark circle and pool to do a fading combination on top whether any of the above mentioned skills will be resisted.

I understand all the other classes face this area issue too but for a warlock who doesn't have anything to bank on when its stuns pos bug, fail or get resisted it's certain death. This doesn't apply to GvGs where you just drop a circle and zone into a crowded area.

Not to mention the combination of grimoire+exhaust, fading+ pool, dark seal+ hex. Maybe they were envisioning some cool scenario to make a skill combination based class but realistically speaking they took it a bit over the top making it really impractical to use them. I hope they do something about this too. " Beauty in simplicity" should still be a thing.

4 hours ago, Fabr said:

He still carries invaluable value in guilds.

Agreed ofc.

4 hours ago, Higgings said:

For a little moment I though my screen was cracked.

lol same. I kept switching between apps to check if I dropped my phone somewhere today.🙄

Edited by TheCaster