A new amplifying system

Unkindled

So in light of the latest 10.0 update introducing the new "Class Talents", the improved trading window allowing faster and larger exchanges and other useful stuff, i can't help but think, personally, that there is one more significant part of the game, that could use a nice improvement, update or whatever you'd like to call it.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is the amplifying system. Probably the most discussed and controversial topic in the game since many years ago.

In my opinion, this system is outdated, absurd and outright, just one big mess. And i am saying this confidently, after having played Warspear Online for over 7-8 years, and having experienced the brunt of the systems bad amplifying rates along with other players and friends.

It may have served it's function well many years ago, but times have changed friends. Now, some may disagree with me on this, and other might agree. But i will present my thoughts on this system, some backstory and why i think it needs to be changed, along with my own suggestion, on how it could be tweaked or changed, in a way which i think would be a much better option.

This is gonna be a long ass post, so saddle up.

My opinion on the current amplifying system.

So first off, getting +10 on a weapon was supposed to be rewarding, it was supposed to make you strong, set you apart from the rest of the players and make you feel like you achieved something great. it was designed to be hard from the beginning, and that's completely understandable and fair. But is that still the case? the system was designed many years ago, when the game was different. Is amplifying a weapon to +10 actually rewarding and great in 2021?

I don't think so. First of all, there is a shocking degree of unfairness depending on what weapon your character wields.

- 1handed weapons are easier to amp, compared to 2handed weapons.

i was a part of the unlucky bunch, and decided to main a Warlock, as i really liked it. Now, warlocks are casters. Casters use staffs, which are 2handed weapons. But staffs are a bit unusual, and seem to take more than other 2handed weapons to amplify. So i think staffs should be in a category of their own.

Now just a bit about my own character, to put things into perspective:

I started trying to amplify my warlocks lvl 30 staff from +9 to +10 approximately one year ago. And so far i have used around 180sets of signs. 180sets of dmg3 spheres. and millions in gold, since my staff requires 872gold in it's amplifying fee.

that's over 1.5million in gold just in amplifying fees.

180sets of signs is 41.220 miracle coins

180sets of dmg3 is like 14.220 miracle coins

Basically hundreds of dollars were used, just to get 1ampification level, which i still, to this day haven't achieved. And this is just 1 staff, not counting the ones i tried out of frustration because i thought my staff was "cursed". Which is also a common misconceptions among the players, since there is no other way to explain the irregular and impossible amp-rate.

Also now a "Sea Staff" is also required to actually be able to do the "ship graveyard" content optimally.

That is 3 staffs in all. a normal pve staff, arena staff and a sea staff. Now just think about this for a moment. 3 Staffs. Not 1.

After all the $ spent on trying to amp a SINGLE staff +10. Does anyone actually think it would feel rewarding to get this staff +10 anymore? while you now have 2 other staffs that also need to be amped? how many years are they going to take? The current amplifying system might have been fine and all, when 1-2 weapons were all you needed. But these days, with the increased number of weapons you need to amp and use, and with their level increasing all the time (amp rate increases with level and rarity) and with future updates introducing lvl 32 weapons, maybe, i just don't think it's all that useful, like it might've been in it's earlier days.

And for those that say a +10 staff or any other weapon +10 is not necessary: after having played for many years, and used hundreds, if not thousands of dollars in the game and supported it throughout all these years, how can you blame people for actually wanting to progress in the game? wanting to compete? wanting to be THE BEST at your thing?! reaching the top? feeling like you're not wasting your time and money???? sometimes it would be nice, if the money you spent actually made a difference in your game. we have reached a point where it's not even "pay to win" anymore. You pay and gain nothing. Is this a healthy thing? is this the way a game should make it's players feel? Throughout this 1year i tried amplifying my staff, i asked many different people how many sets of signs they used to increase their staffs from +9 to +10. Some said 40sets, others 10 and believe it or not, some 500+. meanwhile i saw 1h weapons being amplified to +10 like it was nothing. Maces +10 left and right, swords and daggers. And many admittedly said amplifying 2h weapons, and a staff at that, could be up to 5times as hard as amplifying a 1h weapon. Even with two 1h weapons it's still easier than one 2h weapon. But of course, i even know players with 1h weapons, that are stuck on +9 as well. But why are casters, the most disadvantaged class in the game, cursed with an impossible to amplify weapon? casters have low hp, low stats because the magic on the gear takes up slots that could otherwise have been used for useful stats, like on the light gear of rogues and hunters etc. and also the amount of magic a caster can reach is already much lower than that of a physical damager. This is especially true for warlocks, and even worse for mages, since they are supposed to be damagers. Very low damage compared to other damage classes, even with the +25% magic from the relaxation, warlocks can barely reach 1k magic, and that is only possible for most, if they are using the gear with 55 bonus magic, which is VERY low hp and accuracy gear. While hunters and rogues, physical damagers have 1.6k physical damage. We all know Hunters and rogues, and many other damagers on elf side as well, have huge advantages over the caster damagers. So why are casters cursed with the ultra low amplifying rates? it just makes no sense. and this is why i think i was "unlucky" because i now feel like i chose the wrong class, based solely on the fact that i can't amplify my staff +10. Is this how the game is supposed to make you feel? are you supposed to pick your class depending on what's easiest and saves you the most $? or are you supposed to pick what you like, and actually have fun in the game?

So that was basically a very long complaint in short, but i am sure many feel the exact same way, or can agree with parts i mentioned at least. And sadly my case isn't even one of the worst and doesn't even scratch the surface of this systems problems. I am not looking for sympathy with this post, or any refunds. But as mentioned, it's just to put things into perspective. There are people in the game that have used way more and gained nothing. The amount of players that are "unlucky" compared to those who are "lucky" is just too great. Why is this system of frustration still a thing? why is it okay to allow people to spend that much money without gaining anything? is it actually the players own fault? or is the game designed in a way that utilizes, and takes advantage of peoples will to compete and better themselves?

My suggestion.

So my suggestion is, that it might be for the best of everyone, if the system was actually changed to something more like the system used for upgrading guilds, and guild passive/active skills. So instead of trying to amp like a freak and wasting hundreds of dollars not ever knowing if you'll ever get the amp done, and EVEN if u got it, it probably wouldn't feel rewarding with the amount of signs you have to use these days, and the amount of weapons that need amplifying. The system could be changed so each amp level takes a certain amount of signs.

Here's an example:

1sign, 1sphere and 1000 gold for +1

3signs, 3spheres and 1.500 gold for +2

10signs, 10spheres and 4.000 gold for +3

2sets of signs, 2sets of spheres and 9.000 gold for +4

4sets of signs, 4sets of spheres and 18.000 gold for +5

7sets of signs, 7sets of spheres and 25.000 gold for +6

10sets of signs, 10sets of spheres and 30.000 gold for +7

15sets of signs, 15sets of spheres and 45.000 gold for +8

30sets of signs, 30sets of spheres and 70.000 gold for +9

50sets of signs, 50sets of spheres and 100.000 gold for +10

^ And half of these values for 1h weapons.

This may seem like a lot of signs, and it really is, but compared to the current state of the amplifying system, you're much better off with this suggestion, since you actually get what you pay for 100%. And don't have to take risks all the time. Just be glad you're not one of the few that reached those 500sets i mentioned. it could be worse.

Now, just like upgrading guilds, which uses unity signs, a form of material could be invented for amplifying. A material needed for the process of amplifying a weapon. and this is why the new update is relevant. This material could maybe be gained by spamming dungeons and doing other activities in the game, just like the current addition of "knowledge". Instead, this material can be farmed, and used to amplify your stuff.

Another example just to clarify:

50sets of signs, 50sets of spheres and 100.000 gold and 10.000 of this "material" for +10

Now this could be made exclusively for weapons, or only the top amps like +8, +9 and +10.

Or both weapons and gear, where gear would just need a much smaller amount of this "material", signs, spheres and gold, since gears aren't nearly as hard as weapons. This could be used in many different ways.

Just a few possible advantages of this new system:

- People may feel more inclined to be active, to get this "material" along with knowledge and reputation.

- Flattens out the inconsistencies with the current amplifying system (some using 20sets for +10, others 500sets)

- Everyone now pays the same for amplifying. This might even make the free to play players, or the ones that gave up amplifying, actually buy coins. Since the amount needed is clear, and this "material" can be farmed in the game, increasing the activity by a lot, and letting the hard work and grinding actually pay off by getting this "material" for amplifying. This also removes the uncertainty and frustrations when failing to amp. And might actually make players feel "rewarded" for their hard work finally gathering the "material", signs, spheres and gold, and GETTING the rewards they worked for.

- More people will start amplifying.

- People would actually amplify more weapons this way.

- More people will buy seekers and a bunch of other miracle coin items, to spam dungeons from time to time.

- This increased activity will be great for new players, that actually need the help they don't get, for quests and dungeons.

- etc, etc, etc. there are many other benefits.

On 9/12/2021 at 10:38 PM, Unkindled said:

This might even make the free to play players, or the ones that gave up amplifying, actually buy coins.

Since most f2p that are in strong guilds can afford to remain f2p and still be +9/+10 I don't think that d help the game since LESS will actually buy coins making the game close.

People would actually amplify more weapons this way.

There aren't many options, so this will not happen imo

This increased activity will be great for new players, that actually need the help they don't get, for quests and dungeons.

I think a better way for this is to rework the towns/dgs till you reach sea map like they did with map1 for the beginners. 

3 hours ago, Fortuno said:

as someone who amplifies to approx +7, I'd totally not want this.

Can u explain why u dont amplify over +7? because it's too hard? right? well my suggestion seems like a fair solution.

The amount of signs needed to amplify +7 can vary alot from player to player, and as mentioned this will flatten out inconsistencies.

Also the amount of signs/spheres/gold etc i put in was just random, just to show how it COULD work. Lastly, the amount i put in was only for weapons, it could be cheaper for gear and so on, there's alot of room for improvement. This is only a suggestion, so it could be tweaked and optimized ofc.

2 hours ago, zsefv said:

Since most f2p that are in strong guilds can afford to remain f2p and still be +9/+10 I don't think that d help the game since LESS will actually buy coins making the game close.

There aren't many options, so this will not happen imo

I think a better way for this is to rework the towns/dgs till you reach sea map like they did with map1 for the beginners. 

First of all, i have never ever seen a f2p player be +10. That has to be a one out of a million case.

Secondly, there ARE many options.

Let's start with 1h weapons.

- Pve weapon

- Pvp weapon

- Sea weapon.

And depending on ur class, some might use different kinds of maces like Chiefs.

- 1 pair with physical dmg as the primary dmg, and 1 pair with magic dmg and the primary. Also works for Deathknights

You can already imagine how many weapons that is.

2h is the exact same, but just one weapon instead of two. with a lower amprate ofc.

Lastly idk about reworking the towns and dgs. that is another suggestion completely. I simply mentioned some benefits of my own suggestion.

Edited by Unkindled

7 hours ago, Unkindled said:

Can u explain why u dont amplify over +7? because it's too hard? right? well my suggestion seems like a fair solution.

The amount of signs needed to amplify +7 can vary alot from player to player, and as mentioned this will flatten out inconsistencies.

Also the amount of signs/spheres/gold etc i put in was just random, just to show how it COULD work. Lastly, the amount i put in was only for weapons, it could be cheaper for gear and so on, there's alot of room for improvement. This is only a suggestion, so it could be tweaked and optimized ofc.

It's the point that I can achieve without much hassle. Going +8is hard, which explains why there's a world chat notification for it. Usually sets me back 5-8sets. But with your method applied, I'd have to spend ~24sets and at least 90k gold, which does not look appealing.

Your method is good for people who absolutely want to go +10, however I'd still want a choice in the matter. Either try your luck with singular signs/spheres OR just spend a certain amount of it for a guaranteed amplification.

That would be my solution at least.

Edited by Fortuno

Honestly dont think your suggestion would ever become a reality because money is what talks.

A pity system similar to genshin impact wouldnt be a terrible idea and if you set the ceiling for it high enough maybe devs would be willing to actually do it.

I was thinking something like 50 sets 7-8, 100 sets 8-9. 200 sets for 9-10.

You could put a token pity on the amps before that but the % to amp is still fairly high in those ranges so it wouldnt really be necessary most of the time.

Having used around 200-400 sets of signs on each dagger on my seeker besides like one of them this would have been nice. (From +9 - +10 i mean)

But there definitely needs to be a new system for calculating amplification gold costs. Because they are getting really ridiculous

4 hours ago, Fortuno said:

It's the point that I can achieve without much hassle. Going +8is hard, which explains why there's a world chat notification for it. Usually sets me back 5-8sets. But with your method applied, I'd have to spend ~24sets and at least 90k gold, which does not look appealing.

Your method is good for people who absolutely want to go +10, however I'd still want a choice in the matter. Either try your luck with singular signs/spheres OR just spend a certain amount of it for a guaranteed amplification.

That would be my solution at least.

Im going to assume you're a 1h weapon user since you can reach +8 without much hassle. I stated that the signs needed, and everything else, could be halved for 1h weapons. So that's like 20 sets all together for +8. it's supposed to be a bit easier in the lower levels and then much harder at +8-9-10. Try and visualize an exponential function. i can't see how 20sets is alot. Try asking around, see how much other people use, and you'll realize this system would make it fair for everyone.

But as you're saying, maybe having both options would be better.

3 hours ago, Raislin said:

Honestly dont think your suggestion would ever become a reality because money is what talks.

A pity system similar to genshin impact wouldnt be a terrible idea and if you set the ceiling for it high enough maybe devs would be willing to actually do it.

I was thinking something like 50 sets 7-8, 100 sets 8-9. 200 sets for 9-10.

You could put a token pity on the amps before that but the % to amp is still fairly high in those ranges so it wouldnt really be necessary most of the time.

Having used around 200-400 sets of signs on each dagger on my seeker besides like one of them this would have been nice. (From +9 - +10 i mean)

But there definitely needs to be a new system for calculating amplification gold costs. Because they are getting really ridiculous

Iknow money talks, and i took that into account in my suggestion. If they made a system like this:

- More people would start being active, just like having to do dgs and quests for knowledge, this "Material" could be achieved the same way. That means even the lazy people and just everybody, would start farming this material. = more seekers bought, more useful mcoin items bought.

- With people being this active, newbies will have a better time playing, possibly reaching "end game" and not quitting.

- Even the ones that have given up amplifying would be interested, as this system offers a 100% amp. That means more people will buy signs and spheres etc than usual.

- People will realize they can now amp more weapons, and would also try different builds with other stats etc.

- -200000% ragequit rate. People that have been stuck with a weapon on +8-9 etc will now be less likely to quit because they can actually progress in the game when it comes to gear. As i've mentioned a few times, this flattens out inconsistencies, and makes a much happier playerbase overall.

- Players will feel rewarded amplifying, instead of grief. When you can actually USE your character to FARM something that has usefulness for amping, you end up feeling "rewarded" when you gather enough for getting that last amp, along with the other things needed. Because u actually worked hard, and spent a bit, and it payed off. Instead of just standing in towns doing nothing and burning $ trying difficult amps, that don't even end up feeling rewarding because of the huge amount spent.

- People will be more willing to spend $, because they won't feel betrayed or let down by impossible amps.

- i can go on forever.

And yeah as you're saying, the amount needed was just an example i put in, it could be tweaked by the devs as they wanted, but not too much like 500sets for +10 or some extreme number.

This Token Pity system could work aswell, there are so many better options than the current system.

And yeah the amount of signs the current system potentially makes players burn is kinda ridiculous... Did using 400sets on each dagger feel rewarding for you? i highly doubt anyone would feel rewarded after such an amount.

Edited by Unkindled

• 2 weeks later...

I would honestly love if the dev somehow made a specific amounts of signs needed to amp weapon on each level.

Honestly, the amping system is really bollocks, costs you huge amount of gold without a single guarantee, isn't this like a exploitation?

On 9/12/2021 at 4:38 PM, Unkindled said:

So in light of the latest 10.0 update introducing the new "Class Talents", the improved trading window allowing faster and larger exchanges and other useful stuff, i can't help but think, personally, that there is one more significant part of the game, that could use a nice improvement, update or whatever you'd like to call it.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is the amplifying system. Probably the most discussed and controversial topic in the game since many years ago.

In my opinion, this system is outdated, absurd and outright, just one big mess. And i am saying this confidently, after having played Warspear Online for over 7-8 years, and having experienced the brunt of the systems bad amplifying rates along with other players and friends.

It may have served it's function well many years ago, but times have changed friends. Now, some may disagree with me on this, and other might agree. But i will present my thoughts on this system, some backstory and why i think it needs to be changed, along with my own suggestion, on how it could be tweaked or changed, in a way which i think would be a much better option.

This is gonna be a long ass post, so saddle up.

My opinion on the current amplifying system.

So first off, getting +10 on a weapon was supposed to be rewarding, it was supposed to make you strong, set you apart from the rest of the players and make you feel like you achieved something great. it was designed to be hard from the beginning, and that's completely understandable and fair. But is that still the case? the system was designed many years ago, when the game was different. Is amplifying a weapon to +10 actually rewarding and great in 2021?

I don't think so. First of all, there is a shocking degree of unfairness depending on what weapon your character wields.

- 1handed weapons are easier to amp, compared to 2handed weapons.

i was a part of the unlucky bunch, and decided to main a Warlock, as i really liked it. Now, warlocks are casters. Casters use staffs, which are 2handed weapons. But staffs are a bit unusual, and seem to take more than other 2handed weapons to amplify. So i think staffs should be in a category of their own.

Now just a bit about my own character, to put things into perspective:

I started trying to amplify my warlocks lvl 30 staff from +9 to +10 approximately one year ago. And so far i have used around 180sets of signs. 180sets of dmg3 spheres. and millions in gold, since my staff requires 872gold in it's amplifying fee.

that's over 1.5million in gold just in amplifying fees.

180sets of signs is 41.220 miracle coins

180sets of dmg3 is like 14.220 miracle coins

Basically hundreds of dollars were used, just to get 1ampification level, which i still, to this day haven't achieved. And this is just 1 staff, not counting the ones i tried out of frustration because i thought my staff was "cursed". Which is also a common misconceptions among the players, since there is no other way to explain the irregular and impossible amp-rate.

Also now a "Sea Staff" is also required to actually be able to do the "ship graveyard" content optimally.

That is 3 staffs in all. a normal pve staff, arena staff and a sea staff. Now just think about this for a moment. 3 Staffs. Not 1.

After all the $ spent on trying to amp a SINGLE staff +10. Does anyone actually think it would feel rewarding to get this staff +10 anymore? while you now have 2 other staffs that also need to be amped? how many years are they going to take? The current amplifying system might have been fine and all, when 1-2 weapons were all you needed. But these days, with the increased number of weapons you need to amp and use, and with their level increasing all the time (amp rate increases with level and rarity) and with future updates introducing lvl 32 weapons, maybe, i just don't think it's all that useful, like it might've been in it's earlier days.

And for those that say a +10 staff or any other weapon +10 is not necessary: after having played for many years, and used hundreds, if not thousands of dollars in the game and supported it throughout all these years, how can you blame people for actually wanting to progress in the game? wanting to compete? wanting to be THE BEST at your thing?! reaching the top? feeling like you're not wasting your time and money???? sometimes it would be nice, if the money you spent actually made a difference in your game. we have reached a point where it's not even "pay to win" anymore. You pay and gain nothing. Is this a healthy thing? is this the way a game should make it's players feel? Throughout this 1year i tried amplifying my staff, i asked many different people how many sets of signs they used to increase their staffs from +9 to +10. Some said 40sets, others 10 and believe it or not, some 500+. meanwhile i saw 1h weapons being amplified to +10 like it was nothing. Maces +10 left and right, swords and daggers. And many admittedly said amplifying 2h weapons, and a staff at that, could be up to 5times as hard as amplifying a 1h weapon. Even with two 1h weapons it's still easier than one 2h weapon. But of course, i even know players with 1h weapons, that are stuck on +9 as well. But why are casters, the most disadvantaged class in the game, cursed with an impossible to amplify weapon? casters have low hp, low stats because the magic on the gear takes up slots that could otherwise have been used for useful stats, like on the light gear of rogues and hunters etc. and also the amount of magic a caster can reach is already much lower than that of a physical damager. This is especially true for warlocks, and even worse for mages, since they are supposed to be damagers. Very low damage compared to other damage classes, even with the +25% magic from the relaxation, warlocks can barely reach 1k magic, and that is only possible for most, if they are using the gear with 55 bonus magic, which is VERY low hp and accuracy gear. While hunters and rogues, physical damagers have 1.6k physical damage. We all know Hunters and rogues, and many other damagers on elf side as well, have huge advantages over the caster damagers. So why are casters cursed with the ultra low amplifying rates? it just makes no sense. and this is why i think i was "unlucky" because i now feel like i chose the wrong class, based solely on the fact that i can't amplify my staff +10. Is this how the game is supposed to make you feel? are you supposed to pick your class depending on what's easiest and saves you the most $? or are you supposed to pick what you like, and actually have fun in the game?

So that was basically a very long complaint in short, but i am sure many feel the exact same way, or can agree with parts i mentioned at least. And sadly my case isn't even one of the worst and doesn't even scratch the surface of this systems problems. I am not looking for sympathy with this post, or any refunds. But as mentioned, it's just to put things into perspective. There are people in the game that have used way more and gained nothing. The amount of players that are "unlucky" compared to those who are "lucky" is just too great. Why is this system of frustration still a thing? why is it okay to allow people to spend that much money without gaining anything? is it actually the players own fault? or is the game designed in a way that utilizes, and takes advantage of peoples will to compete and better themselves?

My suggestion.

So my suggestion is, that it might be for the best of everyone, if the system was actually changed to something more like the system used for upgrading guilds, and guild passive/active skills. So instead of trying to amp like a freak and wasting hundreds of dollars not ever knowing if you'll ever get the amp done, and EVEN if u got it, it probably wouldn't feel rewarding with the amount of signs you have to use these days, and the amount of weapons that need amplifying. The system could be changed so each amp level takes a certain amount of signs.

Here's an example:

1sign, 1sphere and 1000 gold for +1

3signs, 3spheres and 1.500 gold for +2

10signs, 10spheres and 4.000 gold for +3

2sets of signs, 2sets of spheres and 9.000 gold for +4

4sets of signs, 4sets of spheres and 18.000 gold for +5

7sets of signs, 7sets of spheres and 25.000 gold for +6

10sets of signs, 10sets of spheres and 30.000 gold for +7

15sets of signs, 15sets of spheres and 45.000 gold for +8

30sets of signs, 30sets of spheres and 70.000 gold for +9

50sets of signs, 50sets of spheres and 100.000 gold for +10

^ And half of these values for 1h weapons.

This may seem like a lot of signs, and it really is, but compared to the current state of the amplifying system, you're much better off with this suggestion, since you actually get what you pay for 100%. And don't have to take risks all the time. Just be glad you're not one of the few that reached those 500sets i mentioned. it could be worse.

Now, just like upgrading guilds, which uses unity signs, a form of material could be invented for amplifying. A material needed for the process of amplifying a weapon. and this is why the new update is relevant. This material could maybe be gained by spamming dungeons and doing other activities in the game, just like the current addition of "knowledge". Instead, this material can be farmed, and used to amplify your stuff.

Another example just to clarify:

50sets of signs, 50sets of spheres and 100.000 gold and 10.000 of this "material" for +10

Now this could be made exclusively for weapons, or only the top amps like +8, +9 and +10.

Or both weapons and gear, where gear would just need a much smaller amount of this "material", signs, spheres and gold, since gears aren't nearly as hard as weapons. This could be used in many different ways.

Just a few possible advantages of this new system:

- People may feel more inclined to be active, to get this "material" along with knowledge and reputation.

- Flattens out the inconsistencies with the current amplifying system (some using 20sets for +10, others 500sets)

- Everyone now pays the same for amplifying. This might even make the free to play players, or the ones that gave up amplifying, actually buy coins. Since the amount needed is clear, and this "material" can be farmed in the game, increasing the activity by a lot, and letting the hard work and grinding actually pay off by getting this "material" for amplifying. This also removes the uncertainty and frustrations when failing to amp. And might actually make players feel "rewarded" for their hard work finally gathering the "material", signs, spheres and gold, and GETTING the rewards they worked for.

- More people will start amplifying.

- People would actually amplify more weapons this way.

- More people will buy seekers and a bunch of other miracle coin items, to spam dungeons from time to time.

- This increased activity will be great for new players, that actually need the help they don't get, for quests and dungeons.

- etc, etc, etc. there are many other benefits.

the truth is the dev don't care for what is said on the forum by experienced players, a while ago i posted a similar link on the forum...
I stopped today to see the forum and the themes of my posts continuam sempre em debate
https://forum.warspear-online.com/index.php?/topic/248352-new-amplification-system/

2 hours ago, Anderson Lima said:

the truth is the dev don't care for what is said on the forum by experienced players, a while ago i posted a similar link on the forum...
I stopped today to see the forum and the themes of my posts continuam sempre em debate
https://forum.warspear-online.com/index.php?/topic/248352-new-amplification-system/

if someone actually cared about this sort of suggestions this game would be long dead

26 minutes ago, triggeredAF said:

if someone actually cared about this sort of suggestions this game would be long dead

but dead the game is now impossible
90% of players don't get lv 30 for real out of frustration
most players give up on the game because the game is the way it is.
  there are delayed suggestions
  but crazier and thinking that now to be perfect...
  think about the large number of players who give up
of the game cannot keep players after lv 18
any change in a luck-based amplification system
would be nice

59 minutes ago, Anderson Lima said:

but dead the game is now impossible
90% of players don't get lv 30 for real out of frustration
most players give up on the game because the game is the way it is.
  there are delayed suggestions
  but crazier and thinking that now to be perfect...
  think about the large number of players who give up
of the game cannot keep players after lv 18
any change in a luck-based amplification system
would be nice

The game is not perfect as of right now but the updates are probably already decided for the next years. They don't implement suggestions like this one. They might make the trade window better or something like that but changing the amp system is too much, it's not even worth asking for. 

1 hour ago, triggeredAF said:

The game is not perfect as of right now but the updates are probably already decided for the next years. They don't implement suggestions like this one. They might make the trade window better or something like that but changing the amp system is too much, it's not even worth asking for. 

bro in real any suggestion I think they didn't even read it so I gave up a lot of the game

little things that would make huge differences

but there is an analogy that explains the game situation very well.
a person is dying of cancer
but cares about cutting the hair to change the look

3 hours ago, Anderson Lima said:

bro in real any suggestion I think they didn't even read it so I gave up a lot of the game

little things that would make huge differences

but there is an analogy that explains the game situation very well.
a person is dying of cancer
but cares about cutting the hair to change the look

They have got their plans which they will follow. Suggestions are read and then sent to developers, but keep into account that the more realistic the idea is and the better chances you have got to see that idea being implemented in game. 

22 hours ago, Higgings said:

They have got their plans which they will follow. Suggestions are read and then sent to developers, but keep into account that the more realistic the idea is and the better chances you have got to see that idea being implemented in game. 

Yeah, so far I haven't seen anything that could back those words.

Unless it's just someone reporting spelling mistakes or something else that have zero impact on game.

Posting suggestions have proven to be fruitless so far.

3 hours ago, Fortuno said:

Yeah, so far I haven't seen anything that could back those words.

Unless it's just someone reporting spelling mistakes or something else that have zero impact on game.

Nocturna and Rottung Air are two bosses who come from the suggestions (albeit from a contest) of two players. This is just a single example. By your words I understand that you haven't even checked whether they do actually read and eventually implement suggestions or not. It's true: such eventuality is rare to happen, yet not impossible and for sure stating that it never happened, as you do, is a lie. 

19 minutes ago, Higgings said:

Nocturna e Rottung Air são dois chefes que vêm das sugestões (embora de um concurso) de dois jogadores. Este é apenas um exemplo. Por suas palavras, entendo que você nem mesmo verificou se eles realmente lêem e eventualmente implementam sugestões ou não. É verdade: tal eventualidade é rara de acontecer, mas não impossível e com certeza afirmar que nunca aconteceu, como você, é mentira. 

10 hours ago, Fortuno said:

Most recent suggestion they implemented was baits not taking 15min to respawn and only questers being able to activate them, and before that they added multiple loadout options for fast switching between pve-pvp-3rd loadout

5 hours ago, Jcbreff said:

Most recent suggestion they implemented was baits not taking 15min to respawn and only questers being able to activate them, and before that they added multiple loadout options for fast switching between pve-pvp-3rd loadout

That's another suggestions player gave and it has been heard by devs. 

10 hours ago, Jcbreff said:

Changing haircuts and trading/market windows were also recently suggested 😍

47 minutes ago, triggeredAF said:

Changing haircuts and trading/market windows were also recently suggested 😍

even more thing devs added based on suggestions @Fortuno

On 9/26/2021 at 12:12 PM, Anderson Lima said:

I just read your post, and as you say, we've kinda had a similar idea. But it's not just the two of us, i've seen hundreds of posts about the amplification system, and it seems they just never make it. But im not giving up, the amping system needs to be changed.

On 9/26/2021 at 2:50 PM, triggeredAF said:

Why would the game be dead from these suggestions? did u read my post? The developers are the real "pros". They could easily change the amplification system slightly or in any way they would want to. Take a few things from different suggestions etc. They themselves know how to implement these suggestions without hurting their game. Just like this old system has survived for this long, a new system could easily change the game for the better.

On 9/26/2021 at 9:52 PM, Higgings said:

Oh... so for 10 years not a single suggestion about the amplification system was realistic enough to be implementef in some way?

What do you think about my suggestion? the others you've seen? realistic enough? at this point ANYTHING that isn't the current amplification system, is more than realistic enough to be taken into consideration.

The truth is, they don't want to change it. And that's a problem.

2 hours ago, Unkindled said:

Oh... so for 10 years not a single suggestion about the amplification system was realistic enough to be implementef in some way?

They don't righteously want to change it, I would say. A chance based system is always more profiting than a set system. You won't see anything changed if you aim to replace a system in which the majority of players invest in with something that might not be as much profiting; servers have got a cost to be kept online 24/7, salaries have to be paid regularly and much other things I won't explain here. 

The same logic applies everywhere. Not only in this game. 

6 hours ago, Higgings said:

They don't righteously want to change it, I would say. A chance based system is always more profiting than a set system. You won't see anything changed if you aim to replace a system in which the majority of players invest in with something that might not be as much profiting; servers have got a cost to be kept online 24/7, salaries have to be paid regularly and much other things I won't explain here. 

The same logic applies everywhere. Not only in this game. 

Yes but in no other game is it normal to use thousands of dollars for minimal stat gains. hundreds of sets of signs to amp a weapon 1 level. And then replacing it again after another update with higher level weapons. And then having to amplify +10 again with impossible odds:) Not everything is about profiting, they're managing a game here, they have players that need to be satisfied and deserve to be treated well. People are supposed to have fun and enjoy playing. There are many other ways to be profiting than on the players suffering and frustration lol. Do you know how many players ragequit thanks to the frustration the amplification system brings? Many even stopped trying to amplify their weapons. A change in the amplification system might encourage more people to amplify = Profit :):):)

In my post i mentioned some possible advantages to changing the system which you could take a look at.

The profits that they make stem from the players. Make the players unhappy and you have no game :)

Lastly, im 100% sure the people that invested in the current system wouldnt mind at all about it being changed to something more stable and rewarding. Iknow many spenders, and they would actually love that :) people dont really feel good about spending extreme amounts of $ on a lil stat gain in a 2D game.

56 minutes ago, Unkindled said:

Yes but in no other game is it normal to use thousands of dollars for minimal stat gains.

Have you ever played Clash Royale? That's a similar example of your way to amp items, yet chests you buy for real coins not always grant you the card you're looking for. I am sure you perfectly know the process.

57 minutes ago, Unkindled said:

Not everything is about profiting, they're managing a game here, they have players that need to be satisfied and deserve to be treated well. People are supposed to have fun and enjoy playing. There are many other ways to be profiting than on the players suffering and frustration lol.

I agree with this part, yet their stats show that people keep buying signs and people keep amping. That might mean that not always amping an item results on frustration and suffering, otherwise people would simply stop from buying such items. 

1 hour ago, Unkindled said:

Many even stopped trying to amplify their weapons

And many others started. Amplification is more addicting than you may imagine. 

The profits that they make stem from the players. Make the players unhappy and you have no game :)

The game lasted for 13 years. If such grief and sorrow you describe was an actual thing, the game would've died long time ago. If it hasn't, it means you might be making an hyperbole of the actual situation.

Lastly, im 100% sure the people that invested in the current system wouldnt mind at all about it being changed to something more stable and rewarding.

I as well would appreciate, but I will be honest: I never arrived to spend so many signs for a +8 and the prices set up by you kinda descourage me from amplifying an item more than encouraging me on making more builds. I would appreciate a sort of compromise, where you can decide whether to amp by pure luck or set a specific ammount of signs necessary to amp an item. 

On 9/28/2021 at 8:18 AM, Jcbreff said:

I presented an issue in forums about non-event crafted shields being underwhelming, when upgraded with etehreal catalysts, and I see that no action has been taken. And honestly I don't expect they will. Oh and what about other posts from other people? Making unbind scrolls for example. That thing is forgotten, or at least I believe it is. Sorry ,I'm not buying your words.

An exception is not an example.

2 minutes ago, Fortuno said:

I presented an issue in forums about non-event crafted shields being underwhelming, when upgraded with etehreal catalysts, and I see that no action has been taken. And honestly I don't expect they will. Oh and what about other posts from other people? Making unbind scrolls for example. That thing is forgotten, or at least I believe it is. Sorry ,I'm not buying your words.

An exception is not an example.

did you even read those other posts about changed devs added thanks to community suggestions

11 minutes ago, Jcbreff said:

did you even read those other posts about changed devs added thanks to community suggestions

I didn't, but bet these people had to wait for months, having no intel, having no idea if their ideas have been forwarded or not. Sitting in dark. That's where I am right now.

7 minutes ago, Fortuno said:

I didn't, but bet these people had to wait for months, having no intel, having no idea if their ideas have been forwarded or not. Sitting in dark. That's where I am right now.

Kinda melodramatic. :drama-crazy-rabbit-emoticon:

On 9/29/2021 at 8:22 PM, Higgings said:

Have you ever played Clash Royale? That's a similar example of your way to amp items, yet chests you buy for real coins not always grant you the card you're looking for. I am sure you perfectly know the process.

No i have never played Clash Royale tbh.

I agree with this part, yet their stats show that people keep buying signs and people keep amping. That might mean that not always amping an item results on frustration and suffering, otherwise people would simply stop from buying such items. 

Yes people keep buying signs. Because amplifying gear is still doable, and as Warspear players we thank god everyday for that, it could be much worse..(2h weapons)

Also as i said in my post 1h weapons are easier to amplify compared to 2h weapons. So people actually still amplify those and some other weapons, but 2h are still very hard. Also people keep making new characters etc, getting new gear and mermen gear etc. And mcoiners need to make gold so they buy signs and sell them since they're the most sought after. So ofc you're going to see signs being bought on your stats.

I never said amplification in general is bs, but in regards to some weapons like 2h  in particular, it can be sometimes...

Does that mean 2h weapons are easy to amp and shouldnt be a bit easier, just because the stats show signs are being bought? Probably not..

Also maybe take a look at how the playerbase has changed over the years? im more interested in that. Im pretty sure it has fallen quite a bit.. :/

And many others started. Amplification is more addicting than you may imagine.

Yes amplification is addicting. Every Warspear player knows this very well :) and that's exactly the problem with it.

Addiction + impossible amps (+10 on a 2h wep) = 0 progress + waste of time and money. Maybe 1 in 10.000 people get that +10 on a 2h wep, but ask them if it was worth it and they feel rewarded and im sure 80% will say no.

The game lasted for 13 years. If such grief and sorrow you describe was an actual thing, the game would've died long time ago. If it hasn't, it means you might be making an hyperbole of the actual situation.

Id like you to take a look at those playerbase stats... Just because a game is surviving, doesnt mean the right thing is being done. A few things could be changed for the better, and that could result in a more thriving game with increasing playerbase stats

I as well would appreciate, but I will be honest: I never arrived to spend so many signs for a +8 and the prices set up by you kinda descourage me from amplifying an item more than encouraging me on making more builds. I would appreciate a sort of compromise, where you can decide whether to amp by pure luck or set a specific ammount of signs necessary to amp an item. 

Then ill just assume you're a 1h wep user, which is probably true.

And as you say, this suggestion i made is merely a suggestion, and i have even stated it could be changed however the devs would and players would like: like you mentioned, a two-optioned amplification system xD. Either risk it and go with the spam amp method or be able to choose to just straight up pay for the amplification.

Edited by Unkindled

Yes people keep buying signs. Because amplifying gear is still doable, and as Warspear players we thank god everyday for that, it could be much worse..(2h weapons)

Also as i said in my post 1h weapons are easier to amplify compared to 2h weapons. So yes people actually still amplify other weapons that arent 2h. Also people keep making new characters etc, getting new gear and mermen gear etc. So ofc you're going to see signs being bought on your stats.

That's kinda enough for the game to survive, but I got your point. 

Then ill just assume you're a 1h wep user, which is probably true.

I do use 2h weapons as well when it comes to "deal damage", but it's all wasted effort when it comes to DKs... 

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/26/2021 at 11:37 AM, adywijaya said:

If your suggestion implemented, they'll lose money. Everyone will be +10. 

Why do you care about their money? Why not care about your own? you're the consumer, it's your right to expect to get something of value when you use money? Don't you agree?

Nobody is saying "Don't spend money". All im saying is that atleast when you do, you deserve something in return.

A little bit of "chance" for an amplification isn't straight up "The worst", but i just think the amplification should also rely more on an ingame material for example, that could be farmed or something.. make it rely a little more on things that can't just be bought with money. But farmed/achieved/gained by other means than MONEY. Not like the current system: Spend & pray.

I've seen some worrying comments comparing this an amplification in an old 2d pixel GAME to real life...... that you can't have en expensive car without paying. 🤢.....This is a game....

Seems like many members here on the forums are somehow under the impression that they owe the game or the devs something and therefore have to waste their money carelessly...

I wish people would not forget this is just a game, and we are the consumers, the #1 priority, without us there would be no warspear...... it's up to the devs to pump out content for us and treat their playerbase well and not try to take advantage of us etc... Now that's worth spending something on. Should not be the other way around..

Lastly this is not an attack on anybody or anything, more of a reminder..🤣 I get your point. You may even have been ironic about it, but this will serve as a great reminder to the ones that actually belive "we" as the consumers owe the devs something... Hope it didn't brush off on you the wrong way.

Edited by Unkindled

56 minutes ago, Unkindled said:

I've seen some worrying comments comparing this an amplification in an old 2d pixel GAME to real life...... that you can't have en expensive car without paying..🤢

Complete bullocks.

Disappointed to read that after all this time you still haven't got the meaning of that example. Sigh

57 minutes ago, Unkindled said:

Why do you care about their money??? Why not care about your own? you're the consumer, it's your RIGHT to EXPECT TO GET SOMETHING of value when you use money? hello?????

I don't think he cares of their money. He is just saying that as long as you touch something which potentially changes the way they have to earn money, your suggestion will most likely not be taken into account. 

37 minutes ago, Higgings said:

Disappointed to read that after all this time you still haven't got the meaning of that example. Sigh

I don't think he cares of their money. He is just saying that as long as you touch something which potentially changes the way they have to earn money, your suggestion will most likely not be taken into account. 

Sorry to disappoint you like that brah🤣 you're welcome to try and explain to me again why i need to pay the cost of a ferrari to get +10😘

Only caring about the suggestions that earn the devs money is unhealthy and will ruin the game more than it already is😂 in a few years it will most likely be no more.

Even you yourself realize this.

We as loyal players deserve better.

Chance based system is just smarter. Even when it doesn' really bring in more money (if the chances are never tampered with). Over a period of time it will average out between people getting lucky and people being unlucky.

Im sure if the devs really wanted, they could get the statistics and find an average amount used to amp any given item, and use that as a set amount without really losing out on alot of profits.

Personally i think its more about it being exciting. Being unlucky will make people talk about it, creating more conversation about amping, while getting +10 randomly with tour signs or whatever gives you that dopamine rush that keeps you playing. Being a set amount just wouldn't create those experiences.

And if there is or has been some tampering with the amp chances, it makes even more sense to keep the chance based system. Obviously don't know if they do, but it could be done and we would never really know. 

One example would be (once again, this is purely speculative for the fun of it) during events such as halloween that is coming up. You give separate double drop rates for items per week. For example week 1 is armors and weps, week 2 id accesories. On sunday of week 1, you make wep/armor ampli chances 20-30% worse, while keeping accesories the same so it doesn't seem obvious that theres less amping happening. Then next week the other way around etc.

You could probably get away with it without any trouble. Firstly it would be very difficult to prove, and secondly russian law is probably a bit more forgiving abt these things.

But this is just a speculation, I doubt its the reality. But got to wear the tinfoil hats sometimes.

Edited by vavavi

7 hours ago, Unkindled said:

Only caring about the suggestions that earn the devs money is unhealthy and will ruin the game more than it already is😂 in a few years it will most likely be no more.

Higgs didnt say that he only cares about suggestions that make devs more money but instead he meant that if a suggestion would lower the profit for devs too much then it atleast wont be prioritized

amplification 

10 hours ago, Unkindled said:

You should tell them that, not me. I just felt in need to tell you what I think you already know yet refuse categorically to see.

I personally would rather a way to decide whether to amp by luck or by set ammount of signs, but I have also to be realistic when I say this and acknowledge that if this system changes drastically the way to amp (by also lowering their incomes) I doubt it will be implemented. 

3 hours ago, Jcbreff said:

Higgs didnt say that he only cares about suggestions that make devs more money but instead he meant that if a suggestion would lower the profit for devs too much then it atleast wont be prioritized

amplification 

Someone who is perfectly aware of Amplification and how it works knows perfectly what are cons. He knows that devs would earn less yet he thinks this is right because people pay and that means that they decide what to do.

Hmm, no... the fact that people pay has never given them a scepter or a Crown which made them decide over updates or how things must absolutely go. Devs have got their plans and they will prioritise them. Suggestions are read and eventually implemented if they are good enough and good in every sense. 

But he already knows this. 

10 hours ago, Unkindled said:

Sorry to disappoint you like that brah🤣 you're welcome to try and explain to me again why i need to pay the cost of a ferrari to get +10😘

Because this is how it goes. You can always stay +9 but that would mean not being the best in a game; something clearly unacceptable for you, and that's more than fair. But be aware that eventually someone else will go +10 with this system, becoming "the best". And he will pay the cost of a Ferrari (which is not always this way but nvm) not for the sake of satisfaction, but for the sake of being the #1. This is why you will keep buying coins anyway and this is why stats show that this system works better than a set ammount. A player can be Satisfied with a +8 and stop there. The best will go for +10 cause his rank requires him to do so (and not for the sake of satisfaction). 

One last thing: I would refrain from carrying on writing in a passive aggressive form if I were you. We can conversate without necessarily being cheeky.