Equipment pages -> Setup pages

Tynaloo

The current 3 tabs for equipments is a great addition. However this should've really been a way to capture more players into more playstyles. For example, people will be using maybe two PvE setups and one PvP setup across the three tabs. However, this only changes the equipment, while there's more to it than just that. The 3 pages should be profiles and have separate skill point allocations, skill/hotbar setup (layout of skills), and perhaps even applied relics to skills. This would make way more sense and be an actual HUGE quality of life improvement to the game. Being able to conveniently change your whole setup per situation would definitely encourage alot more variety in gear setups. This addition will not break anything because it's already possible to be specifically geared towards a goal, this addition would only make it more convenient switching between them.

I recognize this would be a significant step forward, but it's not recommended by devs (I believe) since players wouldn't buy items such as Oblivion Books.

Even though it is a good idea. The devs still needs money to pay their development team and the such. Bills have to be paid in both company and at home, have to put food on the table, etc. 

Okay you miss the point. people will amp more gears and buy more relics. Bigger economy. oblivion books aren't the main income for the developers, i doubt it's even crossing their minds when thinking of profitable mcoin items. The point is this is a quality of life improvement, keeping players happy.