PvP Warlock Build

Ahmed Didar

Need help in building a pvp warlock and honestly I have no idea how warlocks work with their skill, what I am looking for is a warlock who can stop masses of enemies in their track, 

Pvp warlocks specialize in full stun cycle. You can go for fear 5, dark circle 5, Arrow 3, Fading 4, weakness zone 4, power of relaxation 4/4.

(Assuming you're level 32)

To be honest, you don't have to follow this to the dot. Some pvp locks prefer using hex and shadow sphere since there's too much resist in game right now with castle scrolls, resist pots, resist gear and mermen gear.

It took me long time and a lot of frustrating losses to discover my own playstyle. It's a class which is heavily reliant your skills, timing, positioning and hand speed.

One mistake and you can easily die in the current game conditions. But that's what makes it so exciting to play in my opinion.

At least for me. 

:floating-crazy-rabbit-emoticon:

Edited by TheCaster

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/27/2021 at 9:45 PM, TheCaster said:

Pvp warlocks specialize in full stun cycle. You can go for fear 5, dark circle 5, Arrow 3, Fading 4, weakness zone 4, power of relaxation 4/4.

(Assuming you're level 32)

To be honest, you don't have to follow this to the dot. Some pvp locks prefer using hex and shadow sphere since there's too much resist in game right now with castle scrolls, resist pots, resist gear and mermen gear.

It took me long time and a lot of frustrating losses to discover my own playstyle. It's a class which is heavily reliant your skills, timing, positioning and hand speed.

One mistake and you can easily die in the current game conditions. But that's what makes it so exciting to play in my opinion.

At least for me. 

:floating-crazy-rabbit-emoticon:

Can you recommend relics as well?

1 hour ago, Ahmed Didar said:

Can you recommend relics as well?

Sure. I'll show what relics I've used and provide some alternatives for some of them too. Mine's based on personal preference and for arena and GvGs mostly. 

Castle or group relics are fixed, so I won't go into that. 

Arrow of Darkness

Spoiler

Screenshot_20210907_143330_com.aigrind.warspear_edit_225687484126500.thumb.jpg.7122428a16e74f889f20b9809ec5b5c1.jpg

Empowering: Great relic of inaccessility. It increases your range by 2 yards. It's a must have relic for all pvp locks. Everyone's got a 5 yard stun or rush skill nowadays so this helps attacking without entering into enemy attack range. 

Offensive: Icy relic of frostbite/ Relic of stunning ability. I prefer frostbite relic personally because it has a higher activation chance than stun relic as affects multiple enemies. Stun one's good too if you're focussed just on arena pvp. 

Helps me take out 1 count of BD resist before they rush. 

Defensive: Terrible relic of stun. Basic 7.5% stun increase relic. I combine it with stun staff in pvp to get a little stun from auto attacks and some skills. 

Life exhaust. 

Spoiler

Screenshot_20210907_143353.thumb.jpg.9c43e62b80e01d5e21cb893d007d5e4a.jpg

Empowering: Great relic of punishing ability. Simply increases skill damage by 12%.

Offensive: Relic of silence or terrible relic of life weakness. I use the silence relic as an insurance since a lot of lock stuns resist. Kind of a hail Mary in between my stun cycles. The life weakness relic is also a good substitute, takes away 10% of enemy HP when using a skill. 

Defensive: Relic of accuracy. My saving grace vs rogues and some Rangers with high dodge. It's helped me beat many a rogues. 

Dark circle:

Spoiler

Screenshot_20210907_143415.thumb.jpg.262c95d0e7116844dedd25593aa9dc0c.jpg

Empowering: Great relic of multiple spells. Stuns 8 people. Purely for GvGs and war. Pretty useless in arena though. If you want just an arena focus, Terrible relic of control is a good option though it's rare. Increases stun time by 25% with the same chance as your vamp. So your 5s circle becomes 6.25s if the relic activates. 

Offensive: Terrible relic of sickness. Reduces max hp if the enemy is standing still. 2% every second for 20s.

No enemy stands still for 20s in arena so if you're good with your stuns, you can hold them for 10s tops shaving off 20% of their max hp. The only issue is it overlaps with your attacking. 

Defensive: Relic of Nimbleness. Standard 15% cd up when skill gets resisted. In GvGs it's always active, cause everyone has resist now. As for arena, mostly it's a signal for me saying, "Hey your stun got resisted, get the hell out of there till the next stun recharges."

Pool of Darkness:

Spoiler

Screenshot_20210907_143605.thumb.jpg.115b2a2845df69245e8e011106e81b77.jpg

Empowering: Great relic of defense ignoring. +10% pene for the skill. I don't know why I have this cause the damage from pool sucks. I should change it. 

Offensive: Terrible relic of life weakness. This relic activates a lot and drains 10% hp if enemy uses skills. If your stun cycle is perfect, enemy won't get a chance to use skills tbh. But too much resist in game, so it activates during kiting. 

Defensive: Relic of Nimbleness. Same function as last skill + 15% cd if skill resists. 

Fear:

Spoiler

Screenshot_20210907_143449.thumb.jpg.95bfdc9eac66c0d8537a6cc150f18c40.jpg

Empowering: Great relic of dispelling. It's good vs all classes. I honestly can't figure out when it works and when it doesn't. I hope they add an animation to its activation. 20% chance so good vs everyone. You can also go for Terrible relic of control here which increases your fear time by 25% based on your vamp. 

Offensive: Terrible relic of sickness. I have to get one. Same function as on dark circle mentioned above. Having it on 2 skills so better activation rate. 

Defensive: Magic relic of reaction. This relic is your best friend, your saviour. You owe it all to this relic. Just get it. No questions. Insanely expensive in most servers though. When your fear gets resisted you get a resist count for 10s. I can't emphasize how many times this relic has helped me. Before this relic, I couldn't beat most BDs. Now most BDs can't even get close to me except the ones jacked up on too much resist and mermen gear. 

Well, that's all of it. Compared to other classes, the relic options available to warlocks are extremely poor so we struggle a bit in that department. Relic of oppression, deceptive control, icy relic of captivity; Warlock can't use any of these top notch pvp relics. 

But we work with what we have. xD

Let me know if you need any more info. 

Good luck on building your pvp warlock!

Edited by TheCaster

7 hours ago, TheCaster said:

Sure. I'll show what relics I've used and provide some alternatives for some of them too. Mine's based on personal preference and for arena and GvGs mostly. 

Castle or group relics are fixed, so I won't go into that. 

Arrow of Darkness

Hide contents

Screenshot_20210907_143330_com.aigrind.warspear_edit_225687484126500.thumb.jpg.7122428a16e74f889f20b9809ec5b5c1.jpg

Empowering: Great relic of inaccessility. It increases your range by 2 yards. It's a must have relic for all pvp locks. Everyone's got a 5 yard stun or rush skill nowadays so this helps attacking without entering into enemy attack range. 

Offensive: Icy relic of frostbite/ Relic of stunning ability. I prefer frostbite relic personally because it has a higher activation chance than stun relic as affects multiple enemies. Stun one's good too if you're focussed just on arena pvp. 

Helps me take out 1 count of BD resist before they rush. 

Defensive: Terrible relic of stun. Basic 7.5% stun increase relic. I combine it with stun staff in pvp to get a little stun from auto attacks and some skills. 

Life exhaust. 

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot_20210907_143353.thumb.jpg.9c43e62b80e01d5e21cb893d007d5e4a.jpg

Empowering: Great relic of punishing ability. Simply increases skill damage by 12%.

Offensive: Relic of silence or terrible relic of life weakness. I use the silence relic as an insurance since a lot of lock stuns resist. Kind of a hail Mary in between my stun cycles. The life weakness relic is also a good substitute, takes away 10% of enemy HP when using a skill. 

Defensive: Relic of accuracy. My saving grace vs rogues and some Rangers with high dodge. It's helped me beat many a rogues. 

Dark circle:

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot_20210907_143415.thumb.jpg.262c95d0e7116844dedd25593aa9dc0c.jpg

Empowering: Great relic of multiple spells. Stuns 8 people. Purely for GvGs and war. Pretty useless in arena though. If you want just an arena focus, Terrible relic of control is a good option though it's rare. Increases stun time by 25% with the same chance as your vamp. So your 5s circle becomes 6.25s if the relic activates. 

Offensive: Terrible relic of sickness. Reduces max hp if the enemy is standing still. 2% every second for 20s.

No enemy stands still for 20s in arena so if you're good with your stuns, you can hold them for 10s tops shaving off 20% of their max hp. The only issue is it overlaps with your attacking. 

Defensive: Relic of Nimbleness. Standard 15% cd up when skill gets resisted. In GvGs it's always active, cause everyone has resist now. As for arena, mostly it's a signal for me saying, "Hey your stun got resisted, get the hell out of there till the next stun recharges."

Pool of Darkness:

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot_20210907_143605.thumb.jpg.115b2a2845df69245e8e011106e81b77.jpg

Empowering: Great relic of defense ignoring. +10% pene for the skill. I don't know why I have this cause the damage from pool sucks. I should change it. 

Offensive: Terrible relic of life weakness. This relic activates a lot and drains 10% hp if enemy uses skills. If your stun cycle is perfect, enemy won't get a chance to use skills tbh. But too much resist in game, so it activates during kiting. 

Defensive: Relic of Nimbleness. Same function as last skill + 15% cd if skill resists. 

Fear:

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot_20210907_143449.thumb.jpg.95bfdc9eac66c0d8537a6cc150f18c40.jpg

Empowering: Great relic of dispelling. It's good vs all classes. I honestly can't figure out when it works and when it doesn't. I hope they add an animation to its activation. 20% chance so good vs everyone. You can also go for Terrible relic of control here which increases your fear time by 25% based on your vamp. 

Offensive: Terrible relic of sickness. I have to get one. Same function as on dark circle mentioned above. Having it on 2 skills so better activation rate. 

Defensive: Magic relic of reaction. This relic is your best friend, your saviour. You owe it all to this relic. Just get it. No questions. Insanely expensive in most servers though. When your fear gets resisted you get a resist count for 10s. I can't emphasize how many times this relic has helped me. Before this relic, I couldn't beat most BDs. Now most BDs can't even get close to me except the ones jacked up on too much resist and mermen gear. 

Well, that's all of it. Compared to other classes, the relic options available to warlocks are extremely poor so we struggle a bit in that department. Relic of oppression, deceptive control, icy relic of captivity; Warlock can't use any of these top notch pvp relics. 

But we work with what we have. xD

Let me know if you need any more info. 

Good luck on building your pvp warlock!

thanks alot bro. do you recommend cd pvp set for warlock?

1 hour ago, Ahmed Didar said:

thanks alot bro. do you recommend cd pvp set for warlock?

I mixed 2 pcs CD and HP greatness gear for my warlock. You need an average of 40 to 50 CD to chain stuns well. Any CD beyond that without sacrificing other stats is a bonus. 

Spoiler

Screenshot_20210907_224712.thumb.jpg.808773514fe240341892a4bab3d4cd02.jpg

Edited by TheCaster

13 hours ago, TheCaster said:

I mixed 2 pcs CD and HP greatness gear for my warlock. You need an average of 40 to 50 CD to chain stuns well. Any CD beyond that without sacrificing other stats is a bonus. 

Hide contents

Screenshot_20210907_224712.thumb.jpg.808773514fe240341892a4bab3d4cd02.jpg

can I see your build in the warspear calculator?

On 9/8/2021 at 12:16 PM, Ahmed Didar said:

can I see your build in the warspear calculator?

Sorry, I forgot to reply to this.

https://wsdb.xyz/calc/en/28175

Here you go, I'm using this build right now. I still have to make a few improvements; amps and books mainly. I'm waiting for horror to get vamp based books and switch out hp runes for vamp ones too.

I get 50% resilience with skill and 31% fero. In situations where the enemy has too much resist, I switch out stun staff for the full fero one to dish out maximum damage. 

Edited by TheCaster