👑 Make Greatness Great Again 👑

Arthas

248d30431f749272f8f08872b10c2553.jpg.f59e2865ad69e836566d8e9d63130965.jpg               
                                                                 Make Greatness Great Again   

36b43212139cac6082650cdcdc5027b0.thumb.png.65326596690febf8bb759bf716e1a591.png                                    

Greatness Set has been for the last years of Warspear Online one of the biggest Achievements a Player can reach.

Its the Peak of PvP itself on Arinar. ( Atleast it should be , considering how long , and how much work it takes to get it)

The Imperials of Greatness system , and the Random Team arenas were some of the best changes to the game , changing the arena in such a profound way that it gave new meaning to players to participate.

Everyone  has a chance to achieve Greatness, without having to sink their entire life into 24/7 arena , and without having to force themselves to participate on WIN-LOSE arena farms, that would literally be non stop mindless grind , with no actual fight, and strategy.

The game has evolved a lot on the last few years, and so have itens, but the Greatness Set hasn't , turning it almost into optional, that will mostly be used for aesthetic purposes and to get that small 2 parts buff to be "min maxed".

In most classes you are pretty much “forced” to use Mermen Gear if you want to get the best out of your character.

1)Mermen Gear :

1.1) 40BB998B-5805-459D-974D-8A1DC5F57EB7.gif.db8e9fcfe44d1a30af8a7a9b4058572c.gif Heavy Armor :

Spoiler

Screenshot_2.png.2470af5c733f4808073642c9d5cf86e0.png   Screenshot_1.png.8ccaeec489980781a1292e540a6b19dc.png   Screenshot_4.png.4b85a378054527aba06e408d80d5f8ac.png    Screenshot_18.png.934d4f0653dec2ec4eb71e46ec590e4d.png

When full Stack :

30% HP

20% DMG REDUCTION

RESIST EVERY 5SEC. WHEN BELOW 50% HEALTH

This not only makes tanks WAY TANKIER ,it also solves a big problem that tanks used to have , catching up to the enemy.

It is the strongest of the 3 sets, and certainly superior to any other variable by a milestone.

Resilience Loss can be solved with a simple, and cheap Scroll ( there are more expensive and stronger options) but that one would do the trick. What Mermen Gear offers can't be found anywhere else , and defensive status to compensate resilience loss are easily found.

Before jumping into obvious conclusions , test that gear in action and you'll see what i'm talking about.

1.2) 7D064E6F-F603-448D-9663-285028848283.gif.e662ec42927d8f244bbe05652eaec27b.gif Light Armor :

Spoiler

72253a19-f109-4391-8b17-d604f7d84914.jpg.6ff75ee6df7a14cb64c95de7f17c4f15.jpg Screenshot_6.png.db93bd569b665f36a089fc955df2b73a.png   Screenshot_5.png.445ab148faaaf904fdef0519ba259867.png   Screenshot_18.png.934d4f0653dec2ec4eb71e46ec590e4d.png

When full Stack :

20% PENETRATION

20% PRECISION

Critical Hit every 5th hit

This is incredibly strong for any glass cannon class/build. You can swith crystals that you were forced to use on Penetration to Speed or other options.

And above that, you can deal critical hits on every 5th auto hit, which is pretty fast to reach when using speed based builds. Critical Hits against full PvP gear were almost impossible before this.

Resilience Loss can be solved with a simple, and cheap Scroll ( there are more expensive and stronger options) but that one would do the trick. What Mermen Gear offers can't be found anywhere else , and defensive status to compensate resilience loss are easily found.

Before jumping into obvious conclusions , test that gear in action and you'll see what i'm talking about.

1.3) 801DA6A4-A49A-4A46-957D-D0334D972537.gif.c48f1c311d018085fabb99c9796733aa.gif Cloth Armor :

Spoiler

Screenshot_9.png.46f816900d5bc10158fc881cabed8916.png   Screenshot_8.png.57e8144bd3a57b5e2ca8bfbf96787dd2.png   Screenshot_7.png.178f0fc34804b5755889ed1880e89a63.png    Screenshot_18.png.934d4f0653dec2ec4eb71e46ec590e4d.png

When full Stack :

20% CRITICAL HIT

30% CRITICAL DMG AND HEALING 

30% MAGIC POWER FOR 10 SEC AFTER CRITICAL DMG OR CRITICAL HEALING.

This is incredibly strong for Healing classes, considering how much it boosts healing power. And critical hit is already an atribute healers focus , so criticals aren't a rare sight at all. You'll have to play safe, and use the right buffs to compensate resilience loss.

So not only those items are far superior to most counterparts , they also give a huge advantage over classes that aren't really viable to use that for PvP , like Warlocks.

Ps: Its really easy to reach full stack

2)Suggestion to make Greatness Set Viable :

Level 32 Greatness Gear :

Make the New Gear unique like Mermen's , with its own active skills, cattered to PvP content.

Create Multiple versions with different attributes so people can choose the one that fits their playstile.

2.1) Heavy Armor :

Spoiler

d12a7f35-e0e7-409f-88b2-eacd080a4850.jpg.a995beeeb89a2fa371e9fda9cb17f3e9.jpg                      And a really cool looking aura , because YES      Screenshot_32.png.fe5852f1f674eb0c655cc9577df95b17.png

de2bb86b-f6a9-4745-8a03-c09bbecca28e.jpg.8c483fd76683910097e5db19bd2359c9.jpg War Cry :

Same requirements and mana cost as Mermen Gear's aura.

Increases Parry , Block and Resilience by 0.5% every time the characters is attacked.

Max 10 stacks.

When 10/10 increases your and your party members HP by 10% . (Will not "overstack" when 2 or more Tanks have this activated)

When below 50% HP the player gets a 10% Physical/Magical dmg boost . 

2.2)Light Armor :   

Spoiler

aef99c86-5722-45a9-9e69-aed856853a9a.jpg.1090ce3bff30ba64c9e89a0860c8c108.jpg                      And a really cool looking aura , because YES     Screenshot_33.png.a14ccd8dfdfe14d68e06a974016859c4.png

4649fd99-057a-4fc7-9816-d6397296147a.jpg.ab6fdb2fec0b97c52d18f3b8471ab9f2.jpg Hatred :

Increases Penetration , Accuracy and Piercing Attack by 1% every stack every succesful auto attack against the enemy. Max 10 stacks

When below 50% HP every auto attack has a 25% chance to activate Blood Curse on the players target causing a debuff of 15% movement speed , defense and hp. Lasting 10 seconds.

2.3)Cloth Armor :

Spoiler

794282bc-6993-4052-ac65-39068ea76b6c.jpg.0ec03c19691fad3245b0a67872f02e75.jpg                      And a really cool looking aura , because YES        Screenshot_34.png.c9a560f07338affdf81ef56f35dfa790.png     

c3bd00f5-be8b-4cca-a4e4-faf5dcc6f885.jpg.e68edaa8eb7438e1f491ca0fad7c8488.jpg Time Bending :

Increases Magic Power ,Critical Healing and Cooldown Reduction by 1% each time you apply any skill to ally or enemy.

Max 10 stacks

When Below 50% hp will activate Time Warp decreasing all skill cooldowns by 40% for 15 seconds , will only activate 

once every 60 seconds.

Yes , i know those are pretty strong skills , but think about it for a second.

People with Greatness Gear Full are at the Peak of PvP and have worked for months to reach it. So certainly they should have more then just a good looking gear after all that effort put into PvP.

Obs: I'd suggest decreasing mana consumption by atleast 20% of what Mermen's has , it is just too much , and makes some classes unable to use it for that reason.

3)Expert Skills Magic Resistance and Magic Extension:

Spoiler

Screenshot_10.png.6fc6b961f12a1873b358f81945d3f327.png                 Screenshot_11.png.a377559a70c2edbf2a3dc3413249365a.png

Both of those Skills are incredibly rare (and by rare i mean REALLY rare ,we get Magic Resistance to drop 1 every 120 kills/days , and Magic Extension 1 every 180 kills/days) , and are game changers.

Having them will completely change how your character/class works and that is pretty amazing. And for that reason i think players that have them should be visibly differentiated from others, that would help other players deal with players with those skills in PvP situations and also be cool to those that have put so much effort/time or maybe a LOT of gold to get them to have something to "show off".

I'd suggest a pretty simple visual effect 

Examples :

D317763B-DDC5-467E-88EF-E9E60F18201C.gif.04cb3ed44e31088a758904a949a143fe.gif     096514D9-3A43-4682-9080-8F8011F2940A.gif.c709bfe46d892af6666a027f15745b1b.gif     

If you own 1 of them , you'd have 1 small projectile orbiting around yourself , maybe having the same shape as the skill (small clocks).

If you have both , then you would have 2. And once new expansions come out, and there are new bosses with that kind of powerfull effects that are game changing on them , more would be added.

Considering that on those Gifs , we can see multiple projectiles, running smoothly , and does not look "overcrowded" with visual input.

Keep in mind that ,

All the visuals , auras skill icons are there simply for aesthetics , they wouldn't be implemented that way , and are just glimpses of my idea , to facilitate getting the information across.

The numbers are estimates, and would certainly be changed , considering i'm not a developer and don't know how those numbers would interact with the whole game.

I hope you guys enjoy it , and i'm looking forward to get opinions and new ideas on the subject.

Edited by Arthas

I really liked the abilities of the PVP set, as they are very compatible with each class and very attractive for anyone looking for an adventure in the arena.

Edited by Arthas

I understand it's just an idea, but adhering to your idea you should have more set options for each class, as there are many magic classes that don't heal based on HEALER's spells like Warlock or MAGE. Type a damage bonus to cloth, light and heavy option. Because, moreover, there are many people who create such classes focused on damage, or tank or sup, although they were made for the respective areas. But the game is so wide that you have a huge possibility to build a BUILD and be different from the other, thus making an immersion in what concerns "strategy".

Edited by Arthas

9 minutes ago, Balistick said:

Eu compreendo que é apenas uma ideia, mas aderindo a sua ideia deveria ter mais opções de conjunto para cada classe, pois tem muitas classes mágicas que não se curam baseadas em magias de HEALER's como o Warlock ou o MAGE.

Tipo um bônus de dano para opção tecido, leve e pesado.

Porque, além do mais, tem muitas pessoas que criam tais classes focadas em dano, ou tank ou sup, embora as mesmas foram feitas paras as respectivas áreas.

Mas o jogo é tão amplo que você tem uma possibilidade enorme de montar uma BUILD e ser diferente do outro, fazendo assim uma imersão no que se diz respeito a "estratégia".

Agreed , but in the post i ask AIGRIND to create more than 1 option exactly for that reason.

And this 32 Greatness set bonus is really good for DPS too, it increases CD, MAGIC DAMAGE and below 50% hp gives you a buff that decreases CD of all skills in 40%, letting you spam damage skills with much more frequency.
It would be VERY STRONG, in a lock or a mage too.

Edited by Arthas

Who suggested this must be a pve player with 5+ weapons, arena melee weapons hits on magic classes already 1000-1500 auto attacks, now imagine with 10% extra pene, do u want a bd hits u 2000 each attack? And merman gear mixed with arena already make good tanks and now imagine that set as pvp, do u want tanks become inmortal? I know arena need some changes  but this is not what ppl needs, we just need a fair balance of skills for every class. Stop making melees stronger, just please open the game take a look how broken its a bd with 3x stack resist, hitting u 1400 without buff, rangers and seekers hits like 4 or 5 times in 3 seconds, rogues with dodge and resist u cant do nothing if u attack they dodge if wanna control they resists, death knights with 1 hand weapon hits 970, i love the game but melee classes every day more broken, just take a look and make a fair balance for all classes

Edited by fronkiiing

4 hours ago, fronkiiing said:

Who suggested this must be a pve player with 5+ weapons, arena melee weapons hits on magic classes already 1000-1500 auto attacks, now imagine with 10% extra pene, do u want a bd hits u 2000 each attack? And merman gear mixed with arena already make good tanks and now imagine that set as pvp, do u want tanks become inmortal? I know arena need some changes  but this is not what ppl needs, we just need a fair balance of skills for every class. Stop making melees stronger, just please open the game take a look how broken its a bd with 3x stack resist, hitting u 1400 without buff, rangers and seekers hits like 4 or 5 times in 3 seconds, rogues with dodge and resist u cant do nothing if u attack they dodge if wanna control they resists, death knights with 1 hand weapon hits 970, i love the game but melee classes every day more broken, just take a look and make a fair balance for all classes

Actually i have more then 1 character on Greatness +10 and Mermen Gear.

Nowadays BDs use 2 greatness parts + 2 mermen heavy 

Thats 30% HP , 20% DMG REDUCTION and below 50% HP a resist every 5 sec.

That is way more harmful to any ranged/magic class then 10% DMG, because it makes it impossible to kite them.

The set i suggested is WAY less tankier then Mermen’s and does not resist to anything.

Ofc the bonus would be changed according to what devs see fit.

MAGIC CLASSES are not supposed to withstand a lot of damage , they are supposed to be able to keep distance while dmging their foe.

So the goal of their bonus is to reduce their cooldown and facilitate kiting , by using skills.

Mermen’s light armor grants the player 

20% PENE 20% ACCURACY AND

1 Guaranteed critical every 5th hit , which is really easy if you are speed base.

So that is already a lot more DMG then what i have suggested.

Edited by Arthas

3 hours ago, Arthas said:

The set i suggested is WAY less tankier then Mermen’s and does not resist to anything.

People would still choose mermen over this set though. I as a DK would go for Mermen's Tank set. 

1 hour ago, Higgings said:

People would still choose mermen over this set though. I as a DK would go for Mermen's Tank set. 

But thats because DK's are just too squishy atm , the only way is to try to get as tankier as possible.

Hopefully your class will get some Love next update (:

3 minutes ago, Arthas said:

But thats because DK's are just too squishy atm , the only way is to try to get as tankier as possible.

Hopefully your class will get some Love next update (:

My comment had to be taken more generally. There is no material reason (aside cheapness) to get said armor if Mermen still remains undefeated. 

I recognize that it's a different way to get a PvP item, but for that to be used I would at least buff its effect. 

Just now, Higgings said:

My comment had to be taken more generally. There is no material reason (aside cheapness) to get said armor if Mermen still remains undefeated. 

I recognize that it's a different way to get a PvP item, but for that to be used I would at least buff its effect. 

Yep , i agree.

Those numbers would need to be changed for it to be superior to mermen's.

But Mermen's also has a pretty big downside, Mana consumption.

If they made it atleast 25% lower on Greatness Gear , it would already be a huge plus.

Mermen Set can be incredibly annoying at times for that reason , and forces you to invest A LOT on mana and mana regen.

Giving up on a lot of offensive power , which is something that Tanks (aside from BD) need to be able to deal with most classes, considering nowadays noone will be killed in 1 combo , unless you outgear them by a huge margin.

9 hours ago, Arthas said:

Actually i have more then 1 character on Greatness +10 and Mermen Gear.

Nowadays BDs use 2 greatness parts + 2 mermen heavy 

Thats 30% HP , 20% DMG REDUCTION and below 50% HP a resist every 5 sec.

That is way more harmful to any ranged/magic class then 10% DMG, because it makes it impossible to kite them.

MAGIC CLASSES are not supposed to withstand a lot of damage , they are supposed to be able to keep distance while dmging their foe.

So the goal of their bonus is to reduce their cooldown and facilitate kiting , by using skills.

Mermen’s light armor grants the player 

20% PENE 20% ACCURACY AND

1 Guaranteed critical every 5th hit , which is really easy if you are speed base.

So that is already a lot more DMG then what i have suggested.

I have shaman 10+ 60% resilence with defence books and Blade dancer hit me 1400 with no buff, with pot, scroll and castle buff they hit 2k and u still wanna give them more dmg? U say magic clases must take distance but how we take distance when bd has 3x stack resist plus rush skill? Rogue can jump, seeker and death knight can pull you, rangers hits u from 7 yards with relic, ur suggestion and answer really make us see u dont know how pvp works, go fight vs a dk o barb with greatness mixed with merman and after that u will see ur sugestion on making that set as pvp its too much broken, and still resist every 5 sec? The pvp right now just need some fixes, blade dancer need get dmg reduced and resistance removed, rogues full dodge ur atatck and if u wanan control them they get resist, rogues must has cd for resist while they use a dodge build for example 1 resist in 10 seconds, charmers need a limit of dogs, those 3 classew too much broken just fix that and u will see how many players will be happy and become more active at arena

Edited by fronkiiing

22 minutes ago, fronkiiing said:

I have shaman 10+ 60% resilence with defence books and Blade dancer hit me 1400 with no buff, with pot, scroll and castle buff they hit 2k and u still wanna give them more dmg? U say magic clases must take distance but how we take distance when bd has 3x stack resist plus rush skill? Rogue can jump, seeker and death knight can pull you, rangers hits u from 7 yards with relic, ur suggestion and answer really make us see u dont know how pvp works, go fight vs a dk o barb with greatness mixed with merman and after that u will see ur sugestion on making that set as pvp its too much broken, and still resist every 5 sec? The pvp right now just need some fixes, blade dancer need get dmg reduced and resistance removed, rogues full dodge ur atatck and if u wanan control them they get resist, rogues must has cd for resist while they use a dodge build for example 1 resist in 10 seconds, charmers need a limit of dogs, those 3 classew too much broken just fix that and u will see how many players will be happy and become more active at arena

Cloth classes have Cooldowns to deal with DKs , BRBs, Rangers and Seekers.

So it would be enough to deal with them , with the buff given to them  -40%CDR on all skills for 15 sec

It would as an example help Shamans use Blind/Healing Totem really fast , saving themselves.

But i do agree on the BD and Charmer being op. 

Theres really not too much you can do against those as a cloth user right now, and they should be nerfed soon enough.

But DKs lol , thats probably one of the weakest class ingame right now, it deals less DPS , takes more DPS then most classes and has almost no efficient defensive cooldowns. Dealing with dks is pretty damn easy atm.

But those "SET BONUSES" are trying to reach the whole Cloth , Leather and Plate users, not by just 1 class.

If a class like BD , gets too strong due to that set, then the class itself should be tuned down , not the set.

And you have to understand something :

"The numbers are estimates, and would certainly be changed , considering i'm not a developer and don't know how those numbers would interact with the whole game."

Like i've said before.

Edited by Arthas

13 minutes ago, Arthas said:

Cloth classes have Cooldowns to deal with DKs , BRBs, Rangers and Seekers.

So it would be enough to deal with them , with the buff given to them  -40%CDR on all skills for 15 sec

It would as an example help Shamans use Blind/Healing Totem really fast , saving themselves.

But i do agree on the BD and Charmer being op. 

Theres really not too much you can do against those as a cloth user right now, and they should be nerfed soon enough.

But DKs lol , thats probably one of the weakest class ingame right now, it deals less DPS , takes more DPS then most classes and has almost no efficient defensive cooldowns. Dealing with dks is pretty damn easy atm.

But those "SET BONUSES" are trying to reach the whole Cloth , Leather and Plate users, not by just 1 class.

If a class like BD , gets too strong due to that set, then the class itself should be tuned down , not the set.

And you have to understand something :

"The numbers are estimates, and would certainly be changed , considering i'm not a developer and don't know how those numbers would interact with the whole game."

Like i've said before.

Yes please first make a balance of skills, and dk is op, we have 1 dk on our server 15 extra books, merman gear, nobody is able to kill him xd i play this game since 2012 and being honest at this moment melee classes control the arena, if this set gives them 10% extra penet they will more broken, and the magic set the cd its good but cd cant help if they will resist our skills all time, also melee clases they dont need alot cd and their skills are really fast, for example a bd they only have 15% cd from guild and 7% from cd book, with 21% cd they can combo rush and hamstring, i have a warlock friend with 59% cd and his fear and dark circle cd are 8 and 9 seconds and a bd with 21% cd can faster skill than a magic? I hope u considere all this and let it know to the admins please, i just want a fair environment of skills for every class.

9 minutes ago, fronkiiing said:

Yes please first make a balance of skills, and dk is op, we have 1 dk on our server 15 extra books, merman gear, nobody is able to kill him xd i play this game since 2012 and being honest at this moment melee classes control the arena, if this set gives them 10% extra penet they will more broken, and the magic set the cd its good but cd cant help if they will resist our skills all time, also melee clases they dont need alot cd and their skills are really fast, for example a bd they only have 15% cd from guild and 7% from cd book, with 21% cd they can combo rush and hamstring, i have a warlock friend with 59% cd and his fear and dark circle cd are 8 and 9 seconds and a bd with 21% cd can faster skill than a magic? I hope u considere all this and let it know to the admins please, i just want a fair environment of skills for every class.

We are going to have an update bringing class changes soon. In maybe 2 weeks

Btw , whats the Nickname and Server of that strong DK?

i wanna look him up to show my DK friends , maybe it’ll help them.

But we have quite a few DKs with mermen gear and 12+ Books that are still pretty weak.

5 minutes ago, Arthas said:

We are going to have an update bringing class changes soon. In maybe 2 weeks

Btw , whats the Nickname and Server of that strong DK?

i wanna look him up to show my DK friends , maybe it’ll help them.

But we have quite a few DKs with mermen gear and 12+ Books that are still pretty weak.

Idk if this correct without ask him, but his name is evil at Us-saphire 

Evil is the strongest person as far as pvp goes in the Sapphire server right now lol. 

Tbh, you can't compare him to normal DKs. His book combinations is what makes him an anomaly. Normal DKs are not really that strong as compared to other classes in game rn. 

Edited by TheCaster

4 hours ago, TheCaster said:

Evil is the strongest person as far as pvp goes in the Sapphire server right now lol. 

Tbh, you can't compare him to normal DKs. His book combinations is what makes him an anomaly. Normal DKs are not really that strong as compared to other classes in game rn. 

Yeah I agree

Even barbarians weak without books and slow. Any casters class can kill a Dk or Barb easily. Just Blade dancer is a problem with alot of control skills.

Unnecessary suggestions in my opinion. 

Everyone is free to show off what they want, but I see it as visualizations where those who load coins can boast better. 

If you give animation to every skill out there, it's ugly and will end up being a generic MU to shine on.