Skill idea for DK Tank - Rotten heart.

Rotten heart.

Ability type: Passive.

DescriptionEvery 5/4/3/2 critical strike on the Death Knight applies the Rotheart buff to him. Maximum buffs - 3. Buff duration - 4 seconds.

Each buff restores health (Heal every 2 seconds) times equal to - 10 \ 15 \ 20 \ 25% of health regeneration and magician. strength.

After 3 stacks are reached, new critical hits do not buff and do not renew old ones. That is, after 3 stacks and the end of the buffs, the Death Knight begins to recruit buffs again. :Snorlax:

Edited by Lalution

Solidity can actually stop critical hits entirely and it's easy for tanks to reach 50% solidity effectively avoiding all critical hits soooooo...

Sorry if I was unable to correctly describe how the ability works.

I conceived this ability that if a crit of 1000 arrives at the Death Knight, he instantly takes 200 damage, and the remaining 800 damage for 4 seconds.

I thought I'd give the Knight a chance to become more burst-resistant.

27 minutes ago, Lalution said:

Sorry if I was unable to correctly describe how the ability works.

I conceived this ability that if a crit of 1000 arrives at the Death Knight, he instantly takes 200 damage, and the remaining 800 damage for 4 seconds.

I thought I'd give the Knight a chance to become more burst-resistant.

Aura of hatred lets a DK easily reach 50% solidity, thus I think that this idea needs a sort of adjustment. :hopeless:

The good thing about the numbers is that they can be changed. :Snorlax:

Сan actually be changed to 10/20/30/40% so that the DoT damage is "pure"? that is, it did not decrease twice before crit and before damage over time.

What we mean is that critical hits will just not happen to the DK at all.

Decent tanks will never receive ANY critical hit, not in PvE and for sure not in PvP.

But something similar to your idea could work if you just made it for any attack and added some restriction to it, like 

"Whenever the DK takes damage higher than 10/8/6/4% of its current health, the excess amount is reduced by 60/65/70/80%. 50% of the reduced damage is taken over 8 seconds."

Could also add the "reduced damage" behind the current health so it would be like 8591 (592) so the DK would always know how much.

And you could also add something to steel hurricane, that you can use the stored damage as bonus damage (with a cap like lets say 1500) effectively avoiding the damage over time.

7 hours ago, Lalution said:

Thank you all for your opinion. I decided to rework the skill and give up the damage blocking in the direction of survivability for a period of time.:Snorlax:

I think it's better this way! Although can you add a damage reduction? Maybe add 25% at max? 

1 hour ago, Drakoknight said:

Although can you add a damage reduction?

As you can see above, the Death Knight can make good use of protective stats from equipment (Wings, Aura and there is also blood protection, which gives us a percentage reduction in damage).

I read the forums and noticed that people want to be able to tank a Death Knight with a two-handed weapon in both Mage and Phys builds. And my idea is to give such players the opportunity to go to low and medium difficulty instances, collecting "Health Regeneration" as not the most expensive stat. But at the same time, do not strengthen the already strong sides. :panda7: