Lack of cc and support in legion side

Santa Claus

So far as i know only class that can use cc is lock and only class that can really do some support on mc side is shaman . On the other side there is templar with many cc skills and have mantra which can save him or other pt membe (if u focus him je just use mantra and start stun again or if he have paladin or druid with him u cant kill him). Druid with many healing skills   ,aoe  sleep  more heal  rott and even more heal . Same  thing with templar if u focus him he just use his skill (idk name ) that make him invincible and heal back like half hp and also if there is  pala or templar they can save them too . Mage-they are like chieftain but they are way better. They have resist that remove debuffs and it goes on for 3- 4 sec( not real stat)  they use it then jump in 1vs5 make every1 hp to half with opndmg and cc and goes out not wounded at all(also if  there is druid templar or pala they wont die) . Paladin-only tank with support skills that are  so strong that u dont even need to have pvp items to fight in arena . U just need to put shield on some1 and u can go watch tv while battle is over +they also have op cc skills and really strong dmg. Bladedancers - yes even they have aoe stun, this class only need some kind of heal so if can be used everywhere they have perma stun resist dmg reduction good defense op attack and they can even use aoe stuns(just why) 

I already see  sentienel side crying in comment u have chief lock shaman .... 

Its not the same lock is good in 5v5 and 4v4 but  sentienel side have so many resist skills that it makes him not even near as good as templar (they have mantra +they can use heavy armor) . Shaman with heal totem that is only supportive skill on legion side(in gvg its really strong but in arena its not). Then chief many ppl would say chief is op but its similiar to mage in aoe dmg and resist but chief doesnt even have 1 stun while mage have cc stuns.

Edited by Santa Claus

Sure, legion has less cc, but not in a massive way. Control lock is better than templar, flow is more pushing the enemy away, for control it's not so good as the stun time is very little, and truth touch is bad compared to any of the lock's cc skills. But in quantity the legion loses. Still, stun doesn't mean battle won, chief is living proof of that, you see him everywhere in the arena even though he doesn't have any stun.

About support, you can't just count cures. Shaman and chief can use a skill that reduces damage on allies, the shaman's also removes negative effects, the chief's is one of the best damage reduction in the game, and it's the only dmg class that has a support skill. Charmer has the bird that heals a lot, and with a 4/4 pact and a little cd you can let 2 birds in 2 different people at the same time.

Also having many abilities with the same effect also means that the class won't have other equally good effects. For example, druid has many cures, but has no good skills for gxg (tornado and punitive roots are bad), has no good debuffs (bees slow attack speed, but this is useless in pvp), and there are no others good buffs besides healing (there is one that increases penetration, but weakens as more people are affected. And it's also not as good compared to other buffs that other support classes have).

8 hours ago, Santa Claus said:

I already see  sentienel side crying in comment u have chief lock shaman .... 

Its not the same lock is good in 5v5 and 4v4 but  sentienel side have so many resist skills that it makes him not even near as good as templar (they have mantra +they can use heavy armor) . Shaman with heal totem that is only supportive skill on legion side(in gvg its really strong but in arena its not). Then chief many ppl would say chief is op but its similiar to mage in aoe dmg and resist but chief doesnt even have 1 stun while mage have cc stuns.

Those who play lok know that they have to do more than throw circles on the ground and wait for someone to step on them, so much so that the top 2 of the 5x5 arena on my server are locks. Shaman's Totem isn't bad in the arena, as you get stuck when you're stuned, unless you're up against a templar. Chief doesn't need stun, he has more damage than mage, has anti stun, has healing, mobility, removes buffs, reduces damage he takes, and reduces damage others have.

DeathKnight does have some cc skills but they aren't particularly good compared to other classes (mage, warlock, chieftain, etc). Knights Curse fire appears to be random placement, Death Call is mainly aggro and isn't all that good in pvp, Steel Hurricane is really only good in defense for instant dmg 

8 hours ago, Drakoknight said:

DeathKnight does have some cc skills but they aren't particularly good compared to other classes (mage, warlock, chieftain, etc). Knights Curse fire appears to be random placement, Death Call is mainly aggro and isn't all that good in pvp, Steel Hurricane is really only good in defense for instant dmg 

I mean cc like stun and silemce not aoe dmg.  

Dk have low chance to make curse useful in arena. Bcs sentienel side have many  resist skills and also there are many buffs that help u to resist it.

10 hours ago, Fabr said:

Sure, legion has less cc, but not in a massive way. Control lock is better than templar, flow is more pushing the enemy away, for control it's not so good as the stun time is very little, and truth touch is bad compared to any of the lock's cc skills.

This section is pvp and arena as i know in mass fight its different scenario. Its not hard to predict outcome when other side have 20+ locks/templars with them.

10 hours ago, Fabr said:

Shaman and chief can use a skill that reduces damage on allies, the shaman's also removes negative effects, the chief's is one of the best damage reduction in the game, and it's the only dmg class that has a support skill

Chief rugged is same thing like mage shield. 

Yes u can put it on ur ally but then u dont have defense and u are easy pray. Shaman have heal totem and stun removal and thats all support on legion side.

10 hours ago, Fabr said:

Charmer has the bird that heals a lot, and with a 4/4 pact and a little cd you can let 2 birds in 2 different people at the same time.

From what i saw no1 even goes for magic dmg charmer meta is different rn . And tbh i dont think that bird can survive more than 2 hits.

10 hours ago, Fabr said:

Also having many abilities with the same effect also means that the class won't have other equally good effects. For example, druid has many cures, but has no good skills for gxg (tornado and punitive roots are bad), has no good debuffs (bees slow attack speed, but this is useless in pvp), and there are no others good buffs besides healing (there is one that increases penetration, but weakens as more people are affected. And it's also not as good compared to other buffs that other support classes have).

Again u talk about massive battles .

10 hours ago, Fabr said:

and there are no others good buffs besides healing

???? Tell me whats better buff than heal ill wait.

10 hours ago, Fabr said:

Chief doesn't need stun, he has more damage than mage, has anti stun, has healing, mobility, removes buffs, reduces damage he takes, and reduces damage others have.

Chief have more dmg when it comes to single target and chief must use both phy maces while mage can do aoe and single with same build  (not as good single dmg as chief but still op). Then there is mage than rush 1v5 stun all5 and make all 5 half hp with 3 taps 

2 hours ago, Santa Claus said:

This section is pvp and arena as i know in mass fight its different scenario. Its not hard to predict outcome when other side have 20+ locks/templars with them.

Comparing classes only in one scenario is not right, there are classes that do better in other game scenarios than others besides arena, there are classes that are bad in arena but are very good in farm or gxg, compare what they are it doesn't have and what the other different class has is simply comparing a weak point with a strong point.

Chief rugged is same thing like mage shield. 

Yes u can put it on ur ally but then u dont have defense and u are easy pray. Shaman have heal totem and stun removal and thats all support on legion side.

It is true. But healing totem is very good heals a lot of hp every 3 sec and in area, and it's up to op so it keeps healing while the shaman is taking a lot of stun. and he also has this one that reduces damage and removes negative effects, there's nothing wrong with the shaman in terms of support.

From what i saw no1 even goes for magic dmg charmer meta is different rn . And tbh i dont think that bird can survive more than 2 hits.

Yes charmers are moving to the "brokenest build" and they forgot the bird, and they forgot the blessing too. The skills are there, they don't want to use it. The bird can take more than 2 hits, as it can now have resilience, and has the damage reduction of the pact.

Again u talk about massive battles .

Druida tem muitas curas, mas ele paga por isso em outros cenários de jogo. Querer buffar uma classe de mc por simplesmente não ter cura como um druida, é querer ser bom como um druida sem ter desvantagens.

???? Diga-me o que é melhor buff do que curar, eu espero.

A cura precisa ser usada quando o personagem está sendo atacado, e ele tem muitos, mas enquanto estiver atordoado, ele não pode usá-los. Outros bons buffs seriam aqueles que podem ser usados antes que o personagem seja atacado, por exemplo, pássaro, pele robusta, totem de cura, barreira etérea, escudo sagrado, proteção contra sangue, etc.

Chief tem mais dmg quando se trata de alvo único e chief deve usar ambos phy maces enquanto mage pode fazer aoe e single com a mesma build (não tão bom single dmg como chief, mas ainda op). Então há o mago que rush 1v5 atordoa todos os 5 e faz todos os 5 meio HP com 3 toques 

Honestly, chief has more damage both single and aoe than mage, at least more damage in a short time. Army has a larger area than other skills in the game, and this makes getting more people in the skill more easily, and the skill does a lot of damage in a short time, more damage than the mage's. Eagle eye can be even stronger than the previous one as it still leaves bleeding. But for that the chief would have to be magic or hybrid, if it is physical it would be pure unique damage. Mage is only area damage because he can only use staff, but he also can't change his build to a better build for a situation like chief.

Also his stun has a chance to work, it's almost impossible to stun 5 at once as one or the other will resist or dodge or block. And the stun time is short.

Edited by Fabr

• 4 weeks later...

There's no need for any changes right now since we are waiting on 2 new classes that were supposed to show up at somepoint. Any changes made right now would seem pointless if the new classes are going to fix holes in the current balance of the factions.

And why does everyone hate on paladins for some reason. They are only good for 3 skills (sacred, banner and foj) and everyone seems to think its the most broken class besides bd for some reason. 

6 hours ago, Raislin said:

And why does everyone hate on paladins for some reason. They are only good for 3 skills (sacred, banner and foj) and everyone seems to think its the most broken class besides bd for some reason. 

If those 3 skills alone let him save a player from imminent death then yes, of course it's a hated class

Furthermore, Hated skills are mainly the Shield and the healing ones. I doubt that the problem here is related to his banner and Root skills. 

better skills always goes for elves xD

remember bds counter strike  🤣🤣🤣 

u hit the enemy and suddenly u die by ur self  hitting on enemy lol😭😬

but tbh its all about  $$$ amps/team mates

whenever i try to do arena i met  same players all in pt +10 spamming while u get low lvl or pve players as ur team :3

if ur not in top guilds it will takes a long time to  get   little more power. 

12 minutes ago, Puppymaster said:

better skills always goes for elves xD

This is the POV when playing legion side. I played both and believe me there are many combos on each side that are annoying. Shaman heal totems spam is really painful since all elves dmg skills are equaled by totem's heal. Charmer dogs spam that deal AoE dmg is a pain to see since they re in a huge number. Barbers are so annoying in arena and they also there to give you a hug if you are a dmg class. Warlock area silence (no need to say more about it). Etc.

The same goes for elves, since druid are pros at wasting you in arena. Pala is an op partner but i still managed to win them with the proper strategies and the right party. Rangers deal massive dmg if you let them do their job. Etc.

The list goes on, but in theory you should really know your own class strengths and play around them. Also, know your class weaknesses and try to remove those by teaming up with other classes. Try to learn the best party combos vs different situations (how to deal vs full dmg parties, who to invite versus a waste party, etc.) 

On 9/16/2021 at 1:40 PM, zsefv said:

This is the POV when playing legion side. I played both and believe me there are many combos on each side that are annoying. Shaman heal totems spam is really painful since all elves dmg skills are equaled by totem's heal. Charmer dogs spam that deal AoE dmg is a pain to see since they re in a huge number. Barbers are so annoying in arena and they also there to give you a hug if you are a dmg class. Warlock area silence (no need to say more about it). Etc.

The same goes for elves, since druid are pros at wasting you in arena. Pala is an op partner but i still managed to win them with the proper strategies and the right party. Rangers deal massive dmg if you let them do their job. Etc.

The list goes on, but in theory you should really know your own class strengths and play around them. Also, know your class weaknesses and try to remove those by teaming up with other classes. Try to learn the best party combos vs different situations (how to deal vs full dmg parties, who to invite versus a waste party, etc.) 

that's what I've said  before

if ur in a right party 

u would win

1v1  amps+buffs+books

there no need to be skilled...

before u could get a +10 with +2 5 but now u won't do a shit...

On 9/16/2021 at 11:46 AM, Puppymaster said:

i met  same players all in pt +10 spamming while u get low lvl or pve players as ur team

Just team up yourself with someone +10

On 9/16/2021 at 11:46 AM, Puppymaster said:

if ur not in top guilds it will takes a long time to  get   little more power

Then join a top tier guild, not that hard. Usually they require a pvp set that it's easily doable in 5x5.

3 hours ago, Puppymaster said:

1v1  amps+buffs+books

there no need to be skilled...

before u could get a +10 with +2 5 but now u won't do a shit...

I don't think you should think about pvp only from 1v1 circumstances.

I do think that a +2 should not win vs a +10, that means they balanced it, so amps should always matter and that it's a thing in all mmorpg games. Upgrades in general should matter. 

Buffs aren't that expensive to buy.

About books, there aren't so many players that buy books and in EU server, legion side has way more books than elf side. They also give such a small advantage in big fights. 

Atm, in pvp, no matter where (1v1, 2v2,5x5,gvg, etc) cc skills are winning you the fights. All are at least +8 since it's not that hard to get it, and all are using buffs since they are cheap.