Jump to content

Deathly Eye + Poison Spittle change


Baphometh
 Share

Recommended Posts

The "Deathly Eye" + "Poison Spittle" combo needs to be changed, because it's both weak in the situation it's supposed to be strong and it is not something pleasant to use for some reasons; "Deathly Eye" has a very low cooldown, but the chance of affecting bosses is too low at all levels, so you're supposed to be spamming the skill at all times and it's just too much casting animation for a rare 15% max health decrease that most of the time doesn't matter, it's just an indicator that your party has low DPS. The biggest problem is "Poison Spittle" is balanced around the possibility of the combo, so it has a cooldown of 9 seconds and deal less damage than the Priest's "Harad's Tear" which has a 6 seconds cooldown and has the possibility of dealing damage to multiple targets. This is bad, because even if you aren't spending points on "Deathly Eye" - as you shouldn't - you still have to use it to get the full value of "Poison Spittle" this is why I think a quality of life change needs to be made. I suggest something like this:

  • Poison Spittle
  • Range: 5 yards
  • Recharge: 6 seconds
  • Effect: Deals increased magic damage to the target, if the enemy is affected by the skill "Deathly Eye" there's a chance of the enemy suffering poison damage based on their maximum amount of health

 

  • Deathly Eye
  • Range: 5 yards
  • Recharge: 14 seconds
  • Effect: reduce the enemies magical defense and critical chance for a duration, the effect and duration increases with skill level.

 

🤷‍♂️ Idk, something like this, I don't want it to be overpowered, I just think this combo needs to go. However if the devs dislike changing things too much as I know they do, I think that at least "Deathly Eye" should have increased chance of affecting bosses when you spend points on it, cause it really doesn't make sense.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

there arent many situations where you would use deathly eye anyway with the one exception being raid bosses with few million hp and from what i have seen from using it it still procs pretty often so with some luck you can get 2 of them before boss loses 14% of max hp, it does also reduce magic defense but im not sure by how much but not enough to be used just for it

 

2 hours ago, Baphometh said:

Effect: reduce the enemies magical defense and critical chance for a duration

it would still have the problem of bosses resisting it and necro has infection which does kinda the same by increasing damage received 

 

3 hours ago, Baphometh said:

so you're supposed to be spamming the skill at all times and it's just too much casting animation for a rare 15% max health decrease that most of the time doesn't matter

you can do 2 of the in between auto attacks so i woulndt say that the casting animation is too long

But i do agree that deathly eye currently isnt as useful as it could be but you can just use more useful skills

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Jcbreff said:

 

there arent many situations where you would use deathly eye anyway with the one exception being raid bosses with few million hp and from what i have seen from using it it still procs pretty often so with some luck you can get 2 of them before boss loses 14% of max hp, it does also reduce magic defense but im not sure by how much but not enough to be used just for it

That's exactly why I think it's not worth spending points on it, however I think you're missing my point which is when priest/necro go for a full supportive build, like Heal and Shield 5/5 and 3/5 Nightmares/Armistice the priest main damage skill has a 6 seconds cd and deals more damage than the necro's which has 9 seconds cd, so basically necro get punished for not spending points on Deathly Eye.

 

3 hours ago, Jcbreff said:

it would still have the problem of bosses resisting it and necro has infection which does kinda the same by increasing damage received 

True, but as I said above, it's not about this skill exactly, It's about Poison Spittle having a 9 seconds cd and dealing less dmg because this combo exists, so this change would be just to remove the combo and for necros to not get punished for not putting points on this skill specifically. 

3 hours ago, Jcbreff said:

you can do 2 of the in between auto attacks so i woulndt say that the casting animation is too long

I think this is more for when you need to use other skills and try to keep 2 stacks on a boss fight for example. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I believe the mortal eye should function in the same way as the priests' mystical imprint.

have a fixed duration at all levels, exp 30s
maybe increase the strength of the skill, but remove the number of negative effects to max 1.
make the combo between poison spit and deadly eye only need 1 debuff on the enemy to work.
increase the cooldown to around 7-10s

some changes like that would already help the skill to become more relevant.

in arenas it is almost impossible to benefit from the additional spit damage, and in pve it is impossible.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Baphometh said:

3/5 Nightmares/Armistice

But theyre different skills, nightamres completely stuns and armistice makes it so you cant attack them and they cant attack you but they can still attack and be attacked by your teammate 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Jcbreff said:

But theyre different skills, nightamres completely stuns and armistice makes it so you cant attack them and they cant attack you but they can still attack and be attacked by your teammate 

 

I'm not talking about Nightmare/Armistice here, what I meant with this is that when both Necro/Priest go for a build where they leave the first two skills 1/5, the priest is gonna have a 6 seconds recharge damage skill that deals more damage than the necro's which has 9 seconds. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Baphometh said:

I'm not talking about Nightmare/Armistice here, what I meant with this is that when both Necro/Priest go for a build where they leave the first two skills 1/5, the priest is gonna have a 6 seconds recharge damage skill that deals more damage than the necro's which has 9 seconds. 

and i meant that because those skills are different then so can damage skills be different

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Jcbreff said:

and i meant that because those skills are different then so can damage skills be different

I see, but just like Nightmares and Armistice have their good and bad situations these first two skills also have and the problem isn't it being different, the problem is that in most situations the Priest's comes out on top.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ok let me elaborate, Nightmare is a sleep skill that stop your hp and mp from regenerate. Armistice is skill that cause the target to take more from other players. Priest cannot attack it and vice versa. However, Harad Tear(by chance) still can hit it when it's casted on other targets.

 

But um (cough*) continued the topic

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

When creating new char and selecting a class, necro is offensive support that has more damage than other healer classes. I think removing the word 'twice' from both skill descriptions and increasing the successful chance of a deathly eye on the boss will make it work as it should be.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/18/2021 at 1:44 AM, Baphometh said:

That's exactly why I think it's not worth spending points on it, however I think you're missing my point which is when priest/necro go for a full supportive build, like Heal and Shield 5/5 and 3/5 Nightmares/Armistice the priest main damage skill has a 6 seconds cd and deals more damage than the necro's which has 9 seconds cd, so basically necro get punished for not spending points on Deathly Eye.

 

True, but as I said above, it's not about this skill exactly, It's about Poison Spittle having a 9 seconds cd and dealing less dmg because this combo exists, so this change would be just to remove the combo and for necros to not get punished for not putting points on this skill specifically. 

I think this is more for when you need to use other skills and try to keep 2 stacks on a boss fight for example. 

1 - Its with the talents or with out talents?

2 - Did you get cool down crystals on your gear?

3 - I think that Poison Spittle need an upgrade also but in DMG!! the other option is to create relics for that  know as cursed relics 😎 These relics will have hp consumption by hour (50-100 for necro and 500-600 for priest) and increase Poison Spittle DMG in 40%  and Harads Tears on 20% (these are the reasons for the name cursed relics).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Deimus said:

1 - Its with the talents or with out talents?

2 - Did you get cool down crystals on your gear?

3 - I think that Poison Spittle need an upgrade also but in DMG!! the other option is to create relics for that  know as cursed relics 😎 These relics will have hp consumption by hour (50-100 for necro and 500-600 for priest) and increase Poison Spittle DMG in 40%  and Harads Tears on 20% (these are the reasons for the name cursed relics).

I'm talking about both skills fundamentally, so it wont ever change with cdr or relics, unless we compare a necro with high cdr and relic to a priest with nothing. The problem is that Poison spit deals less damage and has a higher cd than Harad's tear and I get it, it's because Poison spit deals double damage with the combo, but my point is that the combo is hard to use in most situations, like in bosses the chance is too low (45%, more than likely to not happen) and in pvp it's only usable in 1v1 and maybe 2v2. In even more crowded fights we can't sit there and use deathly eye two times and poison, so in my opinion, better not to have any combo and a lower cd and higher damage base skill like the Priest has. Hope you get my point

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...