Guiding Thread EQ

tekcap

Hello,

My necromancer has been at level 18 for a weeks now and I don't plan on leveling anytime soon. I'm enjoying the 5 vs 5 arena quite a bit ever since I got full 17 arena gear. Yesterday I amplified my staff to +7 and I'm feeling pretty proud of myself, that is until I met Deathblowx. I entered the arena alongside him a few times and then realized how weak I was compared to him. I asked him what he was wearing, and he told me GT.

Now I feel like I need a full set of this stuff!

I would really like to attempt to acquire these things without buying them, but I have no idea where to find them.

Could someone provide a rundown on the very best places to farm GT equipment. Yes, I do realize it will take a long time and that the bonus doesn't apply unless I'm wearing the full set, but I feel like it's worth it.

Also curious to know what rings and amulet I should be wearing at level 18.

Astral Whirlpool Medallion and Elegant Fingering right now. Is this the very best for my level?

right now gt equips are cheaper than ever, gloves sell for 35k-50k, vestments 170k-200k, etc

since there are 3 places to get them now: astral lab, swamps, and dungeons Normal difficulty

You can also use BG gears as an alternative if you dont want to buy GT.You can get them from a nadir seller after completing CL. The stat difference is small , the only real difference is in defense.

For example, GT vestment gives 18 magic while BG gives 15, as you  can see 3 magic difference. Its not much difference.

I use garnet signet because it gives 2% accuracy and 16 magic.

and Inward power amulet.

Bg light is a good option if you need cheap alternative, but it has no crit, therefore bad. If you are not planning on levelling then hunting in astral labyrinth / completing normal difficulty dungeons is the only option.

That was a halloween event item. The only way to get one is if another player has it and is selling it.

But there arent that many around.

I do not think GT is better than arena gear. Especially not full GT. But full arena is also not the best, in my oppinion. I have several equips and always make combinations of GT + Shroud, or arena + shroud. My druid is going full lvl 18 gear, GT armor + hood and VS gloves + boots, but that is risky. Also look at your enchants. Do you use resilence in your belt? Crit in your amulet? Do you use an arena staff or doom-staff? In arena i think the arena staff (the word says it) is better than doom.

I do not think GT is better than arena gear. Especially not full GT. But full arena is also not the best, in my oppinion. I have several equips and always make combinations of GT + Shroud, or arena + shroud. My druid is going full lvl 18 gear, GT armor + hood and VS gloves + boots, but that is risky. Also look at your enchants. Do you use resilence in your belt? Crit in your amulet? Do you use an arena staff or doom-staff? In arena i think the arena staff (the word says it) is better than doom.

what is shroud?

It is hard to say "2,6% crit is more important than 2,5% resilence". i think it is about a little balancing.

Often i use Arena hood and armor + Shroud gloves and boots, arena weapon and arena belt + resilence enchant.

With too much arena items the crit (and some other stats) will get too low.

SD Stave/Staff/Scepter/Stick & Full Arena

Arena Staff & Full GT

Always use arena belt.

Resilience enchants, and you're set.

Arena Staff & Full GT

Always use arena belt.

Resilience enchants, and you're set.

Yes, I really do like the sound of that build. I really feel like I could survive a lot longer and kick ass with full astral because of the health bonus. On top of that I just got an amulet of healing darkness, so that adds some hp. I'm thinking of phasing my elegant fingering out for Abyss Zealots Black ring, which should give me a nice boost.

Well that's like 15.3% max resilience if all charmed, only got boots so far, with plenty hp to work with.

IMO I don't like it, im an accuracy lover, and 9% in that set is too low for me.

Опубликованное фото

Опубликованное фото

Above, full GT, casual accessories (2 black rings), arena belt

Here, full arena, stave of sudden doom

Опубликованное фото

Опубликованное фото

No resilience charms.

• 2 weeks later...

So you don't charm resilience on your arena gear?

I'm now wondering what 2 pieces of guiding thread I should be mixing with the arena gear. Has anyone thought of the best way of combining the two, so that we can have that health bonus?

So you don't charm resilience on your arena gear?

I'm now wondering what 2 pieces of guiding thread I should be mixing with the arena gear. Has anyone thought of the best way of combining the two, so that we can have that health bonus?

I don't charm, notion my necro atleast. All charms I got were lucky first time

Guiding hood and gloves rest arena is what you're looking for

Well I ended up going with gloves and chest because I was impatient over the weekend, do you think it is a bad move to do gloves instead of hood? I regret it, but for purely aesthetic reasons (I hate the arena turban look). I ended up great charming all my gear because of the bonus over the weekend and I did notice a nice improvement in the arena, but that might be because the GT health bonus.

PS great charms on health boost is pretty pathetic.. what the heck does +8 health going to do to keep me alive lol

Well I ended up going with gloves and chest because I was impatient over the weekend, do you think it is a bad move to do gloves instead of hood? I regret it, but for purely aesthetic reasons (I hate the arena turban look). I ended up great charming all my gear because of the bonus over the weekend and I did notice a nice improvement in the arena, but that might be because the GT health bonus.

PS great charms on health boost is pretty pathetic.. what the heck does +8 health going to do to keep me alive lol

Well it's a good set, you get some extra matk from GT too.

Using arena staff?

Yes , I'm using arena staff +7 with great charm on magic damage.

2/1/2/5/5

I'm thinking of removing the skill point from poison spittle and putting it into nightmare. I feel that by doing this, my chance of survival and my damage will be increased in the long run. That extra nightmare time will allow for deathly eye which would cause more damage overall than if I had 2 in poison spittle.