Mob attack with shields

Fabr

Screenshot_2021-08-09-22-55-34-2.png.6c8eed34be6c07a9e778710041e0c336.png

I was always curious about this but never got around to asking. Mobs that use shield have a different attack animation, they attack with the shield instead of the weapon. Why don't the player characters have this animation? Wouldn't it be nice if they did?Screenshot_2021-08-09-22-41-17-1.png.1940f1399d2e423099be90c1289c8656.png

Edited by Fabr

I do agree. I think I have also seen a "kick" animation from a mob but I forgot where. But I would like to see the "shield bash" animation

1 hour ago, Drakoknight said:

I do agree. I think I have also seen a "kick" animation from a mob but I forgot where. But I would like to see the "shield bash" animation

Yes, and some low lvl shields have a thorn in the middle, showing that it could be used with this animation, but the characters don't do the animation. The look of these shields was never reused again. Then they could make new shields with a thorn in the middle:ah:

7 hours ago, lallouss said:

if im not mistaken i remember players do have animation of shield attack when using 1handed + shield

There is no. they only attack with a weapon on auto attacks, and do a "cast a spell" animation when using some skills.

The "spike" on the shield is called a "boss". It generally only appears on center grip shields and not strapped shields. Heater and, if I remember correctly, shields in the tower shield catagory with the exception of the scutum isnt center grip

Screenshot_20210810-111026.png

2 hours ago, Drakoknight said:

The "spike" on the shield is called a "boss". It generally only appears on center grip shields and not strapped shields. Heater and, if I remember correctly, shields in the tower shield catagory with the exception of the scutum isnt center grip

Screenshot_20210810-111026.png

In the game looks like a thornScreenshot_2021-08-10-00-14-08-1.png.43a185187b5e678d078af55be1298047.png

if i remember correctly the character also use this attack animation in the character selection screen when you highlight it, thou i agree. it would be nice to have this attack animation in game for players. it gonna have problems cuz of attack speed parameter effecting attack animation but im sure they can figure something out

also while unrelated. barbarian, warden and paladin should specifically use this animation when using their "shield bash" skills, instead of stupidly using a sword :pensative:

Edited by Ogull

1 hour ago, Ogull said:

if i remember correctly the character also use this attack animation in the character selection screen when you highlight it, thou i agree. it would be nice to have this attack animation in game for players. it gonna have problems cuz of attack speed parameter effecting attack animation but im sure they can figure something out

also while unrelated. barbarian, warden and paladin should specifically use this animation when using their "shield bash" skills, instead of stupidly using a sword :pensative:

They do use it in the selection screen but that's it