Whats the best magic class?

Ciprian

What would be the best magic class?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. What would be the best magic class?

• Mage
    • Priest
    • Shaman
    • Necro
    • Warlock
    • Druid

Question

hy boys and girls. Im thinking to start a new magic-type character... So what class would be the best? Im playing at mcsaken side in EU but a elfosen would be good too, i think.

maybe this isnt the best place for this. I feel that this place isnt very active and not many peoples read topics in this section

Shaman, Druid, Necromancer and Priest are good for both roles.

Although Necromancer and Priest would suck in World PvP.

If you ask me,

1. Druid - Good in PvE, 1v1, Arena, solo World PvP, also the easiest on all 4.

2. Shaman - Same as Druid, but best in solo World PvP, 2nd easiest from all 4.

3. Priest - Very good in PvE, needs practice in 1v1 and arena, sucks in solo World PvP.

4. Necromancer - Best in PvE, needs a lot of practice for 1v1 and arena, worst in solo World PvP.

All of them are good in World PvP ( wars ) since they can heal others while dealing damage.

Solo World PvP is like killing enemies in normal areas alone, kinda like hunting, with the use of crossing technique to survive longer.

I'd suggest Druid or Shaman if you are more into PvP and Priest or Necromancer if you are more into PvE. Instant heal classes are better than overtime healers since you can have 2 healing the same target. Just pick which class according to whichever faction you prefer most.

Mage and Warlock have no heals, therefor they are considered bad in PvE.

4. Necromancer - Best in PvE, needs a lot of practice for 1v1 and arena, worst in solo World PvP.

You probably didn't play necro. Btw; with new skill necro is very good for wars.

For me, it's definitely druid... It's also my favorite class... :)

Additional :

Ok, my second option is shaman, best in pvp (great skills -> AoE and stun), good at pve (with its healing), good atk (moon magic), a caster (can kite).

Note : Every healer/caster classes are harder to play than the tanker classes on the beginning cause of their low def/hp.

i tried playing druid a while ago, but it doesent seems like the best class. Seems pretty hard to play but i dont relly like it. For me the best seems now shaman and necro. Maybe warlock too because it seems fun to play. Expecting more votes. . .

You probably didn't play necro. Btw; with new skill necro is very good for wars.

5 Poison, 5 Nightmare, 3 Deathly eye(might even need 5) and 3 Heal necro would be so bad on solo, you won't even be able to stun your enemy after nuking him cause he'd have poison on him then it would break the stun then he could simply stun you and run, same without nightmare while poison is up, not just that, but the heal and shield would be garbage that you wouldn't even survive 2 lv15 BDs. Unlike Shaman where you can kill an army with 1 ball, 5 blind, 5 earthquake, 5 heal and 1 shield alone. And a Necro with 5 heal, nightmare and shield won't even be able to kill anything. Priest tears can hit multiple enemies, which is why they top Necro. I've even played one with literally 0% resilience, killed alot of Warlocks in the crossing in-between GG and PvP cave even 4v1.

You probably never ever went solo hunting for elves on a necro and obviously have no clue who you are even talking to.

It's also funny cause my Necro is the only character I haven't deleted yet and I still use it when I'm bored to troll or kill elves when I'm bored and unable to play LoL cause of my unstable net.

Didn't vote, but I'd say Shaman since they are very useful in PvE cause of their AoE snare and great CC for Arena plus they heal. Good one to start with. But if you prefer Sentinel over Legion then better go with a Druid.

Also, don't expect much people to vote. Some users only log in forum to check topics they've posted on or popular ones, doubt 80% of the people who would read this would even vote. Better listen to our suggestions and go with the one you like the most.

well im going to make a shaman and a necro. I will then see whats the best. Any suggestions for builds?

And in a 1v1 shaman vs necro with equal items and skills who would win?

btw, i remembered something: yesterday i went arena with my lvl 5 dk (aymon) and with a lvl 5 warlock (wlockk, i think his name was) and from 30 times we only losed 2 or 3 times. I have a lvl 3 +3 spear, lvl 5 items +2 chest and +3 gloves, rest are simple items. And i think he had novice set. But we were good coordonating and we fighted so well that we were a pro team. So is warlock a choice?

hy boys and girls. Im thinking to start a new magic-type character... So what class would be the best? Im playing at mcsaken side in EU but a elfosen would be good too, i think.

Its first time when I hear those - Elfosen, mcsaken  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

When we are talking about lvl 18/20 chars, shaman is the best. By far. It is good in everything. Long range stun (blind) what a necro do not have. Great hold on spot with ranged quake. Can attack the stunned/quaked targets. Can heal himself while being stunned (because of heal over time). And the new expert skill is the greatest.

Thanks. But im still undecided if i should choose shaman or necro... Necro sheild seems really cool. . . But shaman has stun...hard choice

Thanks. But im still undecided if i should choose shaman or necro... Necro sheild seems really cool. . . But shaman has stun...hard choice

Shaman is easier, that's for sure, but if you are planning to be a good player - you will learn how to use heal and shield on necro before they stun you.

all class, whatever it is, if the gear is top gear and full +10 is best  :facepalm:

this game is depend on amping, gear and your network 

skill its not too much take portion  :facepalm:

why so bother  :facepalm:

Depends do u want high magic def for tanking shamans and locks in arena, if u want u definitely choose mage, coz mages can have 8-10k magic def with +5 shield, if u want best class for 1v1 then choose priest, nobody can beat priest if u set.up skills good, like this:

+1 tear +3 mana burn +1 arm +5 shield +5 heal and +3 aura, if u get enemy only once with +3 tear, he is f*ckd up ;)

I have one shaman and one necro. My Necro is on level 20 and my shaman im still leveling. The truth is, shaman is better than necro. On shaman level 14 I already felt how OP he is compared to necro.

Summary of why shaman > necro:

Shaman blind (stun) skill has 5 range (same as druid) while necro has 4 range (so druid will always stun necro first).

Shaman has 2 stun skills while necro only has 1.

With shaman you can hit your enemies while they are on stun, if you do that with necro (besides setting up eyes), they will leave stun state.

Shaman has AOE, necro doesnt.

Shaman has 2 damage skills (ball and quake) while necro only has spit (eyes are very situational on PvP unless it is 1v1).

Shaman heal doesnt cost health while necro heal cost some percentage of hp.

Shaman expert skill > necro expert skill.

On norlant swamps, people respect shamans but dont respect necro. Even if it is 2v1 they will think twice before attacking a shaman on kotaravva.

Most people saying necro is better are narrow minded people like trizzz who doesnt even played other chars.

I have one shaman and one necro. My Necro is on level 20 and my shaman im still leveling. The truth is, shaman is better than necro. On shaman level 14 I already felt how OP he is compared to necro.

Summary of why shaman > necro:

Shaman blind (stun) skill has 5 range (same as druid) while necro has 4 range (so druid will always stun necro first).

Shaman has 2 stun skills while necro only has 1.

With shaman you can hit your enemies while they are on stun, if you do that with necro (besides setting up eyes), they will leave stun state.

Shaman has AOE, necro doesnt.

Shaman has 2 damage skills (ball and quake) while necro only has spit (eyes are very situational on PvP unless it is 1v1).

Shaman heal doesnt cost health while necro heal cost some percentage of hp.

Shaman expert skill > necro expert skill.

On norlant swamps, people respect shamans but dont respect necro. Even if it is 2v1 they will think twice before attacking a shaman on kotaravva.

Most people saying necro is better are narrow minded people like trizzz who doesnt even played other chars.

Shaman is not better than necro, it's just easier to play that's why you think it's better - as a shaman you just put heal on yourself and that's all, on necro it's harder but more effective.

Necro have only one stun but you can't attack while you "sleep" that's why it's better.

You don't need to dmg your enemies while they "sleep", you can put shield, heal yourself and put 2x deathly eye.

Actually necro have aoe and believe me it's not less effective then shaman's aoe. Mostly you play 5v5 (arena, dungeon, lab, even for solo hunting it's good), but if u compare all skills only to 1v1, you shouldn't play mmorpg.

Necro have 3 dmg skills, poison spittle, effect from 2x deathly eye and expert skill. You know you can use expert skill then 2x deathly eye and then poison spittle (it's very good dmging combo to hit more than 1 enemy)

Yes necro skills cost some % of your max hp, but necro is strong enough to don't look at it (if u have chose your gear right) and it's not really a big deal to complain about it.

"Shaman expert skill > necro expert skill"

Oh really?

Shaman skill is just for one person, low % to get hit from this, necro have skill which can affect on large groups of enemies, with high 100% rate and high percentage at lvl 3. It's awesome in 5v5, dungeons, lab + wars. If u don't understand skill, that doesn't mean it's useless.

"On norlant swamps, people respect shamans but dont respect necro. Even if it is 2v1 they will think twice before attacking a shaman on kotaravva."

This actually made me laugh :lol:

"Most people saying necro is better are narrow minded people like trizzz who doesnt even played other chars."

Most people saying necro is better because they feel that it's better for them. If you just don't understand necro --> sure just play shaman. But it doesn't mean necro is weaker.

Btw you don't know which classes I've played don't judge me too quickly.

Shaman is not better than necro, it's just easier to play that's why you think it's better - as a shaman you just put heal on yourself and that's all, on necro it's harder but more effective.

Necro have only one stun but you can't attack while you "sleep" that's why it's better.

You don't need to dmg your enemies while they "sleep", you can put shield, heal yourself and put 2x deathly eye.

Actually necro have aoe and believe me it's not less effective then shaman's aoe. Mostly you play 5v5 (arena, dungeon, lab, even for solo hunting it's good), but if u compare all skills only to 1v1, you shouldn't play mmorpg.

Necro have 3 dmg skills, poison spittle, effect from 2x deathly eye and expert skill. You know you can use expert skill then 2x deathly eye and then poison spittle (it's very good dmging combo to hit more than 1 enemy)

Yes necro skills cost some % of your max hp, but necro is strong enough to don't look at it (if u have chose your gear right) and it's not really a big deal to complain about it.

"Shaman expert skill > necro expert skill"

Oh really?

Shaman skill is just for one person, low % to get hit from this, necro have skill which can affect on large groups of enemies, with high 100% rate and high percentage at lvl 3. It's awesome in 5v5, dungeons, lab + wars. If u don't understand skill, that doesn't mean it's useless.

"On norlant swamps, people respect shamans but dont respect necro. Even if it is 2v1 they will think twice before attacking a shaman on kotaravva."

This actually made me laugh :lol:

"Most people saying necro is better are narrow minded people like trizzz who doesnt even played other chars."

Most people saying necro is better because they feel that it's better for them. If you just don't understand necro --> sure just play shaman. But it doesn't mean necro is weaker.

Btw you don't know which classes I've played don't judge me too quickly.

You are wrong on so many levels I just kinda think its waste of time to argue with you. But here we go.

"Shaman is not better than necro, it's just easier to play that's why you think it's better - as a shaman you just put heal on yourself and that's all, on necro it's harder but more effective."

No, you dont just heal urself with shaman and expect good results. We all can see you have biased opinion because clearly necro is your main char and you like to think you need to be omg haxor skillz do play necro. Naaah, any average gamer can play necro effectively, you are not special sorry buddy.

"Necro have only one stun but you can't attack while you "sleep" that's why it's better."

Lol wrong again, shaman blind prevent attack AND skill usage and also has a chance to separate the target from teammates, and on top of that he doest leave stun state when hit.

"You know you can use expert skill then 2x deathly eye and then poison spittle (it's very good dmging combo to hit more than 1 enemy)"

This is your most funny argument. Seriously, are you retarded? Lets do some math: 2 x eye + spittle causes spittle damage (300 max on good amped enemy) + 3 x poison ticks (100 max on good amped enemy) = 600 total. Level 3 expert skills is 15% damage to others so on total you will do 45 damage (15% of 300) + 3 x 15 (15% of 100) = 90 damage to other people. Are you that retarded to waste a lot of time to use eye, eye, exepert skill, spittle to cause 90 area damage? Your teammates should call you a ♥♥♥♥ing noob for wasting so many time for this 90 area damage. Shaman can cause 300 (600 if crit) area damage with just one spell ROFL.

""Shaman expert skill > necro expert skill"

Oh really?

Shaman skill is just for one person, low % to get hit from this, necro have skill which can affect on large groups of enemies, with high 100% rate and high percentage at lvl 3. It's awesome in 5v5, dungeons, lab + wars. If u don't understand skill, that doesn't mean it's useless."

You are comparing lv 3 necro skill vs lv 1 shaman skill. On level 3 it has a good chance to cause counter hit and it does far more damage than necro expert skill (even on level 3).

"Most people saying necro is better because they feel that it's better for them. If you just don't understand necro --> sure just play shaman. But it doesn't mean necro is weaker."

Again your showing your biased mentality thinking you are a blessed gamer because you think you are pro with necro and others doesnt known how to play him lmfao.

You are wrong on so many levels I just kinda think its waste of time to argue with you. But here we go.

"Shaman is not better than necro, it's just easier to play that's why you think it's better - as a shaman you just put heal on yourself and that's all, on necro it's harder but more effective."

No, you dont just heal urself with shaman and expect good results. We all can see you have biased opinion because clearly necro is your main char and you like to think you need to be omg haxor skillz do play necro. Naaah, any average gamer can play necro effectively, you are not special sorry buddy.

"Necro have only one stun but you can't attack while you "sleep" that's why it's better."

Lol wrong again, shaman blind prevent attack AND skill usage and also has a chance to separate the target from teammates, and on top of that he doest leave stun state when hit.

"You know you can use expert skill then 2x deathly eye and then poison spittle (it's very good dmging combo to hit more than 1 enemy)"

This is your most funny argument. Seriously, are you retarded? Lets do some math: 2 x eye + spittle causes spittle damage (300 max on good amped enemy) + 3 x poison ticks (100 max on good amped enemy) = 600 total. Level 3 expert skills is 15% damage to others so on total you will do 45 damage (15% of 300) + 3 x 15 (15% of 100) = 90 damage to other people. Are you that retarded to waste a lot of time to use eye, eye, exepert skill, spittle to cause 90 area damage? Your teammates should call you a ♥♥♥♥ing noob for wasting so many time for this 90 area damage. Shaman can cause 300 (600 if crit) area damage with just one spell ROFL.

""Shaman expert skill > necro expert skill"

Oh really?

Shaman skill is just for one person, low % to get hit from this, necro have skill which can affect on large groups of enemies, with high 100% rate and high percentage at lvl 3. It's awesome in 5v5, dungeons, lab + wars. If u don't understand skill, that doesn't mean it's useless."

You are comparing lv 3 necro skill vs lv 1 shaman skill. On level 3 it has a good chance to cause counter hit and it does far more damage than necro expert skill (even on level 3).

"Most people saying necro is better because they feel that it's better for them. If you just don't understand necro --> sure just play shaman. But it doesn't mean necro is weaker."

Again your showing your biased mentality thinking you are a blessed gamer because you think you are pro with necro and others doesnt known how to play him lmfao.

Yes necro is my main thats why I know how to play it. Sure, average player can play necro; effectivelly? Not everyone.

The only thing I can agree with you is that this argue does not have sense. You call my opinion based only on necro playing, as I see you have opinion based only on shaman playing because you definitelly played necro wrong way.

That's why explaining you everything "is a waste" you just want to show necro is useless class. Bu it's actually not.

Ehh you just read without even thinking what I wanted to say.

Do you really think I would use poison spittle +2x deathly eye + expert skill with every ocasion without even thinking of that. How retarded you need to be then?

I just said it is effective while you CAN use that.

Btw add that area dmg from you teammates dmg. If you will kill 2 ppl with 2,5k hp each one in 10 secs (which is easy for example with 2x rogue) the other 3 enemies get 750 dmg each and also they basically can't move because of many dmg received. (due all duration of skill)

You made me laugh again if you think I use this combo without even teammates.

lvl 3 shaman exper skill does more dmg than lvl 3 necro? If shaman is 1vmore ppl and necro too, yes it's better. But if u have teammates you can do more dmg with necro expert skill + use it more often.

If you really think shaman expert skill make more dmg at 5v5 etc ya it should be end of our "discusion"

Blessed gamer? Nope, I just try to show ppl a little different way to use necro. Unfortunetly ppl think like you. "necro is shit cuz he lost hp while heal&shield, noob expert skill - i can't just put shield and run; I need to place it at all enemies (which is not that easy btw)"

I didn't say necro is the best, but also it's not that useless as u think.

I never said necro is useless. Again you think you are the only "blessed" player who have the Skillz to play necro, dont make me laugh. Maybe I can play it better than you, you will never known. The discussion is which one is better and clearly shaman is better overall. Just stop trying to convince yourself you are the only one who can play necro properly and you need to show the right path to others, it makes you look pathetic and childish.

I never said necro is useless. Again you think you are the only "blessed" player who have the Skillz to play necro, dont make me laugh. Maybe I can play it better than you, you will never known. The discussion is which one is better and clearly shaman is better overall.

The only thing is clearly: you are ignorant who think that know everything about me.

But I will let you live with your wrong imagination that shaman beat everything without any difficulties.

I just don't have enough time to explain you every aspect of necro, but also it's worthless; you already think shaman is the best and you don't see anything else.

Edit:  I'm not pathetic or childish, I just reply if I see people saying for example "necro expert skill sucks, I used it on 1 enemy and it didn't do any dmg, devs plsss change it" or "necro skills sucks, I loose so much hp, I dont use desthly eye, expert skill, after I use nightmare I instantly attack enemy to breal effect" - that's how mostly people looks like whike they make hundreds of posts with that way of thinking. Compare to that; yes I'm blessed player.

No trizzz, I have seen other discussions and when someone says something bad about necro your automatic response is "you dont known how to play necro". Grow up.

I already answered it in the previous post.

But sure, everyone have his own "the best class"

@topic; author: you should make shaman, maybe later you will change it fot other class.