PvP resistance nerf

Vlawot

PvP 1vs1 I barbarian full set Greatness high stats 54% resistance and defence vs barbarian low stats 43% resistance and defence win like mermen set strong pve not resistance? trash Greatness armor set imperials ? what happened administrators? :facepalm:

@Holmes @Nolan

20210807_003331.jpg.f85db49803aa6f0f5e27dcbf28847f18.jpg This resistance nerf vs mermen set

20210806_164340.thumb.jpg.da3c95ebf47fa0285136ceac3f183ce1.jpg

20210806_164233.thumb.jpg.db6ce741cd87d1c1520d48974b0c3f68.jpg

Edited by Vlawot

1 minute ago, Vlawot said:

PvP 1vs1 I barbarian full set rewards high stats 54% resistance and defence vs barbarian low stats 43% resistance and defence win like mermen set strong not resistance? trash rewards armor set imperials ? what happened administrators? :facepalm:

@Holmes @Nolan

20210807_003331.jpg.f85db49803aa6f0f5e27dcbf28847f18.jpg This resistance nerf vs mermen set

I dont think we need a "Resistance Nerf" .

What i think would be the best solution is a nerf to the HEAVY ARMOR 32 SET , or a buff to the Greatness set.

Having all that work to achieve Greatness and then realizing you could've  just bought  lvl 32 gear instead is really disheartening.

Greatness set should always be the best option for PvP . Otherwise its just pointless for it to exist at all.

I hope lvl 32 greatness set brings good changes , maybe buffs like mermen 32 gear does.

:pensative:

12 minutes ago, Vlawot said:

PvP 1vs1 I barbarian full set rewards high stats 54% resistance and defence vs barbarian low stats 43% resistance and defence win like mermen set strong pve not resistance? trash rewards armor set imperials ? what happened administrators? :facepalm:

@Holmes @Nolan

oh wow, hi mum i'm famous!

I didnt quite understand what this topic is trying to say

using mermen set and having only 11% less resistance?

or you losing to barb who used mermen gear with resistance enchantment?

7 minutes ago, Slap said:

did you two pvp and you won?

26 minutes ago, Slap said:

I think forever strong resistance now nerf, i can buy or drop mermen set bad warspear waste money and no life 🤣

Did you also take into consideration other equipment you and your opponent were wearing and skill builds because i assume that you lost

1 hour ago, Arthas said:

I dont think we need a "Resistance Nerf" .

What i think would be the best solution is a nerf to the HEAVY ARMOR 32 SET , or a buff to the Greatness set.

Having all that work to achieve Greatness and then realizing you could've  just bought  lvl 32 gear instead is really disheartening.

Greatness set should always be the best option for PvP . Otherwise its just pointless for it to exist at all.

I hope lvl 32 greatness set brings good changes , maybe buffs like mermen 32 gear does.

:pensative:

It's better if players actually can choose what to use. Having all PvP characters using the same items is straight boring.

1 hour ago, triggeredAF said:

It's better if players actually can choose what to use. Having all PvP characters using the same items is straight boring.

But they can't , thats the point. Level 32 heavy armor is far superior to any other variable (2 PARTS ONLY) 

Don't get me wrong, i have lvl 32 gear, and i use that for PvP just because of how good it is, but it just turns greatness set into nothing , really.

They should just create multiple greatness sets, with multiple buffs, and let people mix and match.

We'd have variety , and meaning to greatness.

:corner:

Edited by Arthas

Then again also consider this. Merman gear is extremely rare requiring likely $100s of seeker stams to obtain. I do think that the price should be lowered or that we get more

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/7/2021 at 3:54 AM, Arthas said:

But they can't , thats the point. Level 32 heavy armor is far superior to any other variable (2 PARTS ONLY) 

Don't get me wrong, i have lvl 32 gear, and i use that for PvP just because of how good it is, but it just turns greatness set into nothing , really.

They should just create multiple greatness sets, with multiple buffs, and let people mix and match.

We'd have variety , and meaning to greatness.

:corner:

Level 32 Mermen armor is good, i wouldn't call it superior than others. I doubt that someone plays with mermen set against a druid for example or a priest or event a necro. These kind of sets are situational. You are going to use mermen set heavy in PvP against dps classes because that saves ur ass sometimes, but it is never in your advantage to use it against all classes, so in my opinion it is not superior or the best gear for pvp.

Also in this topic you should also consider the skill build, Vla is complaining here that as a barbarian with full set greatness with Defeat skill 4/4 can't beat a barbarian with Mermen set in pvp that uses Fury 4/4... every person that has a bit of knowledge in PvP knows that you can't stand a chance against a barb with fury 4/4 if you are running defeat 4/4, but that's only my opinion.

In conclusion i consider this topic unnecessary and inaccurate..

3 hours ago, Slap said:

Level 32 Mermen armor is good, i wouldn't call it superior than others. I doubt that someone plays with mermen set against a druid for example or a priest or event a necro. These kind of sets are situational. You are going to use mermen set heavy in PvP against dps classes because that saves ur ass sometimes, but it is never in your advantage to use it against all classes, so in my opinion it is not superior or the best gear for pvp.

Also in this topic you should also consider the skill build, Vla is complaining here that as a barbarian with full set greatness with Defeat skill 4/4 can't beat a barbarian with Mermen set in pvp that uses Fury 4/4... every person that has a bit of knowledge in PvP knows that you can't stand a chance against a barb with fury 4/4 if you are running defeat 4/4, but that's only my opinion.

In conclusion i consider this topic unnecessary and inaccurate..

Actually , using 2 parts of lvl 32 mermen heavy gear is superior in every possible situation.

+defense +hp +resistance when below 50%

Trading that much for just +hp or +def from greatness 2 pieces bonus makes no sense , and those bonuses are way smaller then Mermen’s.

i have both sets , both at the same amp , and unfortunately, it isn’t situational at all.

I’m obviously not taking builds into consideration , but , when comparing those 2 sets it doesnt really matter.

6A2464E0-13B3-4F03-BCE0-EEFDD20A62AD.jpeg.ebadfa8afec713bd8040f81a1048992b.jpeg

When at 10 stacks its :

30% hp

-20% incoming dmg

-1 debuff every 5sec when below 50%hp

No item can compare to that

Edited by Arthas

I hate myslef to say it but vla is rigth, heavey merman set should not be that good in pvp since the main purpose is to help tanks vs mobs and bosses, also its pve set, pve sets should be good only in pve in my opinion, we dont have pvp set good in tanking mobs right.

There is simple solution to that just remove the dmg reduction vs players and the set shouid be significantly weaker in pvp.

1 hour ago, coldravens said:

I hate myslef to say it but vla is rigth, heavey merman set should not be that good in pvp since the main purpose is to help tanks vs mobs and bosses, also its pve set, pve sets should be good only in pve in my opinion, we dont have pvp set good in tanking mobs right

*Uncle cries*

What? I'm not crying because people want to nerf what makes me decent in PvP...

You are crying, not me!

:depressed::drama-crazy-rabbit-emoticon:

I agree.

While the greatness bonus gives you 320+ hp, set 32 gives you 2% hp each stack = 20% max.

It also gives you 4% resilience, and 32 gives 2% damage reduction each stack = 20% max.

The resilience in the main stats of the greatness set could be an advantage, but the 32nd set has other good stats too, for example the armor of a 32nd set has magical block and def, while the greatness one has resilience and dodge.

While you struggle to catch the long-suffering imperials, which takes a long time to complete the entire set of greatness unless you get top 1 for several seasons in a row, going to the arena every day and getting angry at the other players, someone comes along randomly who drop item 32 on tw and someone arrives, pays with gold and already has the item in the bag.

On 8/26/2021 at 4:40 PM, Drakoknight said:

:boohoo-crazy-rabbit-emoticon:why weaken a set so expensive and so rare when very few has it in the first place? It would make it useless 

Weaken only the pvp side of the set, the pve side will be same, still will be extremely good for tanking mobs and bosses as i said in my opinion its wrong a pve armors to be meta in arena kinda make no sence.

On 8/26/2021 at 4:30 PM, Higgings said:

What? I'm not crying because people want to nerf what makes me decent in PvP...

You are crying, not me

Ehh i feel your pain higgy (sad necro crys) but you know down there its abit(alot) too strong to be left to stay as it is.

24 minutes ago, coldravens said:

Ehh i feel your pain higgy (sad necro crys) but you know down there its abit(alot) too strong to be left to stay as it is.

I wouldn't mind if DK wasn't weak

The set is really good for any class that has the ability to heal, in one way or another. It is superior to greatness on every heavy armor user (with the exception of bds in some situations), but it also is higher level, and from newer content. If i had to guess, the next awards that come out have something new to them also, to balance it out. Lvl 30 greatness sets are old after all.