Skill balance

Santa Claus

Question

When can we expect new skill balance and why we domt have them each month bcs after each balance some chars become useless and other op until new balance which is lile 7-8 months

13 answers to this question

Devs never make adjustments to skills in order to make them unbalanced (keep in mind that there are hundreds of them + relics that interact with such). 

It's not an easy job to keep them balanced all the time, that's why devs need to get as much data as they can and use the statistics for future rebalances.

Its called balance. How should we make game balanced if it itsnt updated regulary its just another imbalance and boom it stays for another 8 monts 

I know many ppl quiting their chars even game  bcs of these "balances"

45 minutes ago, Santa Claus said:

When can we expect new skill balance and why we domt have them each month bcs after each balance some chars become useless and other op until new balance which is lile 7-8 months

I don't know why but it's just the way it is. They likely don't have the people to move just for balancing

Devs also need time to gather enough reliable data to see how skills and classes work in all possible scenarios against all kinds of enemies

18 minutes ago, Santa Claus said:

Its called balance. How should we make game balanced if it itsnt updated regulary its just another imbalance and boom it stays for another 8 monts 

Well sorry that they are making and designing a event that has to be on time for our enjoyment 

35 minutes ago, Santa Claus said:

maybe the devs, who have access to data see that skills arent so unbalanced that it would require urgent fix to them

1 hour ago, Jcbreff said:

maybe the devs, who have access to data see that skills arent so unbalanced that it would require urgent fix to them

Tell me do u think that game is balanced ?

2 hours ago, Jcbreff said:

25 minutes ago, Santa Claus said:

Aigrind isnt a AAA studio they likely do not have the team nor the funding to get everything done like how Activision and similar companies can. They have to do it on their own time to get balancing done

1 hour ago, Santa Claus said:

I dont participate in pvp scene that much with the exception of gvg and i think those are balanced because winning guilds come from both sides so i dont have further opinion on that and i think this game is balanced when it comes to pve 

Perfect balance probably isn't possible really. There will always be some sotuations where somethings a bit too strong or weak.

It's hundreds of skills, being mixed in with hundreds of relics, in a thousand different scenarios involving dozens of class combinations. Hard to balance that perfectly.

Edited by vavavi

2 hours ago, vavavi said:

Perfect balance probably isn't possible really. There will always be some sotuations where somethings a bit too strong or weak.

It's hundreds of skills, being mixed in with hundreds of relics, in a thousand different scenarios involving dozens of class combinations. Hard to balance that perfectly.

Exactly. 

On 7/29/2021 at 12:29 PM, Santa Claus said:

Skill balancing takes A LOT of time and effort, if it happened monthly devs would do nothing besides that. We wouldn't even have updates to map/mechanics.

This is not a multi billion dollar company unfortunately.

Ressources are limited.

Every single MMO has balancing cycles , specially those with this many classes/skills.

Edited by Arthas