Guild Islands

Drakoslayd

Castles are desired by many guilds for their buffs, potions, scrolls, and relics. Yet very few has the strength to even take them. So I thought about what about guild Islands? 

What would they being to the game? Guild Islands would bring new items that can be used to level up certain structures and even the citadel and even new consumable items like pots and scrolls, though they will still be weaker than the castle versions. The islands can even have unique decorations, defenses, and even npcs. 

But why did I mention defenses? Every once in a while the islands can be raided but only by guilds around your own level but this is only opt in. Raids will only be rewarded with unclaimed gold, materials, scrolls, and potions. Maybe even unique crafted costumes and gear. There are multiple different types of defensive structures. one is Arcane Pillars, these are similar to the ones seen in Demonologists dungeon but has a variety of types from debuffing to pure damage. Another structure is Barracks, it summons warriors of various levels to hinder the enemy, although the classes depends on the guilds alliance. Barricades are set on the field to prevent attackers from passing, although it can be broken if enough damage is done. 

Guild NPC are the most unique of the features as they are limited in numbers but are intended for defense of the guild as, in a sense, bosses to allow the defenders to prepare for the enemy. They are the only npcs to be able to wear armor and have it's stats and use in game classes, including experts that is set by the creators. The guild leader can set who creates the npcs or do it himself. If the creator leaves said guild the npc will be deleted, gear put back into the guild storage, and the slot will be returned. 

Guild islands "skins" 

The Island can receive textures by either buying from npc, earning in dungeons, crafting at the island itself, and so Aigrind can be happy, buy from Mcoin shop or obtained via event chests, or dropped from raid bosses

2 hours ago, Drakoknight said:

but only by guilds around your own level but this is only opt in.

Opt in to attack or be attacked

npcs to be able to wear armor and have it's stats and use in game classes, including experts that is set by the creators. The guild leader can set who creates the npcs or do it himself. If the creator leaves said guild the npc will be deleted, gear put back into the guild storage, and the slot will be returned

It would turn into: who can put most high amped heroic gear into defense :D

i do like the idea to make something for guilds other than those 5 that have castle at any time 

31 minutes ago, Jcbreff said:

Opt in to attack or be attacked

It would turn into: who can put most high amped heroic gear into defense :D

i do like the idea to make something for guilds other than those 5 that have castle at any time 

First question is actually both, to attack and to get attacked

The second thing is actually inspired by Overlord anime as I thought it was actually a good idea and I don't see anything like it except in Skyrim 

I have another idea. Maybe even use some current trash items, like horns and fur, as construction materials for guild structures. Maybe even some new ore veins or trees that are able to be cut down for construction mats 

7 hours ago, Drakoknight said:

Maybe even some new ore veins or trees that are able to be cut down for construction mats

Sounds like runescape where you spend hours grinding and gathering

6 hours ago, Jcbreff said:

Sounds like runescape where you spend hours grinding and gathering

More like Albion Online but yeah

1 hour ago, GalaxyRekt said:

That would be awesome. I think castles were supposed to be like that in the beginning but well... Guess they need to work on their engine first to make this happen

They really don't need to. Well maybe for the customizable textures and the defenses. The crafting parts is already in the game and I'm pretty sure the raids can be done pretty easily

23 hours ago, Drakoknight said:

They really don't need to. Well maybe for the customizable textures and the defenses. The crafting parts is already in the game and I'm pretty sure the raids can be done pretty easily

Yup it's an easy add on to the game. Even though it'll take some time.

2 hours ago, Speedom said:

Yup it's an easy add on to the game. Even though it'll take some time.

Yeah considering they would likely have to add some code and probably copy and paste the features already in the game, set up test servers, see what they could improve or remove, etc

On 7/22/2021 at 3:52 AM, Drakoknight said:

The second thing is actually inspired by Overlord anime

i'm gonna create a female NPC, dress it in a maid custom and call it Narberal Gamma. and no one can stop me! :relax:

2 hours ago, Ogull said:

i'm gonna create a female NPC, dress it in a maid custom and call it Narberal Gamma. and no one can stop me! :relax:

:lol:

1 minute ago, triggeredAF said:

Guild Islands could have housing mechanics :love2:

I can see that. Although I don't know if they could have us be able to customize it to the same extent as say Unison League or New World

49 minutes ago, Drakoknight said:

I can see that. Although I don't know if they could have us be able to customize it to the same extent as say Unison League or New World

I mean, their engine is so trash they still didn't figure out how to synchronize client's game state with the server's one (in a 2d game it is not that hard) so I really doubt this will ever happen. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/31/2021 at 1:02 PM, triggeredAF said:

I mean, their engine is so trash they still didn't figure out how to synchronize client's game state with the server's one (in a 2d game it is not that hard) so I really doubt this will ever happen. 

I truthfully don't know what you mean. 

I truthfully don't know what you mean. 

He mean that lack in knowledge to figure out a good system to incorporate this idea into this game (i.e. coding).

9 hours ago, Speedom said:

He mean that lack in knowledge to figure out a good system to incorporate this idea into this game (i.e. coding).

Oh 

17 minutes ago, Drakoknight said:

Oh 

Yes. The way their game is built limits devs on what they can add. This is a problem they had since the beginning.