A change in miracle shield craft.

Fortuno

In Warspear, you can craft yourself (or ask someone else to craft it for you) some good quality gear.

But let's talk about the miracle craft offers which pop up from time to time, or when you decide to get an offer for 49miracle coins.

Armors are good, they give 15% HP.

Acessories are also okay, they grant % value of physical or magical damage.

Weapons forged using ethereal catalysts will grant them +1level higher damage. Which is also good.

But shields? Seriously? Who uses ethereals to upgrade shields? All they do, is give 11points of extra defence.

That's just unacceptable. That's not a game changer, that's a total waste of valuable resources.

They should give a real reason to upgrade shields.

2.png

1.png

that is just +0, amplification level should make a difference when its +7 or more

with the same logic who would craft this since it only a 8 damage differenceimage.png.c6645139b05fb59283143d03519ccf37.png

image.png.fff3a71ef7e9c745174760f122f7686d.png

2 minutes ago, Jcbreff said:

that is just +0, amplification level should make a difference when its +7 or more

with the same logic who would craft this since it only a 8 damage differenceimage.png.c6645139b05fb59283143d03519ccf37.png

image.png.fff3a71ef7e9c745174760f122f7686d.png

Here are 2 arguments about this: Weapon damage bonus from miracle craft increases with item level. Shields will always give 11def points no matter what.

Weapon damage bonus is far more useful than a minor def increase.

Took a few snaps using Warspear calculator to check what difference amplification does.

24extra damage is pretty good, while having an extra 31point defence is gonna be effectively useless. Also considering the fact that defence % doesn't rise that well once you reach a certain numerical value of defence points.

Runes and crystals values are the same, since they're level based.

I hope this will be proof enough that the shield miracle craft is a failure

1a.png

2a.png

3a.png

Oh the ws calculator works again

Yeah 31 defence is going to be less important than 24 damage but even it is less useful the more damage you have anyway

Hey!

I see that you would like to have some changes in the amplified crafted items, but if it was meant to be a suggestion I think I am missing something... :huh:

You have to elaborate a good solution for the features you would like to be changed or you're not happy with and suggest new ideas to us. This is the whole point of this section :tuktuk:

My guess would be that his suggestion is that specual craft task items should be stronger when compared to the item needed to craft them than they are now

In example axe of catharsis vs axe of enlightment should gave more damage difference at +10 than they do now at 24 damage

1 hour ago, Nolan said:

Hey!

I see that you would like to have some changes in the amplified crafted items, but if it was meant to be a suggestion I think I am missing something... :huh:

You have to elaborate a good solution for the features you would like to be changed or you're not happy with and suggest new ideas to us. This is the whole point of this section :tuktuk:

The whole point is to upgrade crafted shields.

For example add 15%hp bonus instead of numerical value of hp (Since it's actually armor) or any other useful effect.

Just the shields. that's it.

The only good shield craft is double block spring shield, which adds extra amount of block and some attack strength. And they are far more popular than the shields with 11pts extra def.

Edited by Fortuno

Wow, I guess I had my expectations set far too high. The post is completely ignored now.

Fool me for believing they'll consider anything more complicated than minor spelling mistakes in game.

If you scroll up you will see that Nolan answered and that is sometimes rare sight in itself and as an administrator he can forward suggestion to devs but we wouldnt know it

And whether or not Nolan has suggested something included in this topic for devs they would not add it right away but instead possibly on upcoming updates

15 hours ago, Jcbreff said:

If you scroll up you will see that Nolan answered and that is sometimes rare sight in itself and as an administrator he can forward suggestion to devs but we wouldnt know it

And whether or not Nolan has suggested something included in this topic for devs they would not add it right away but instead possibly on upcoming updates

That's right.

15 hours ago, Fortuno said:

Wow, I guess I had my expectations set far too high. The post is completely ignored now.

Fool me for believing they'll consider anything more complicated than minor spelling mistakes in game.

It's not ignored. As @Jcbreff said, I have replied and it also means that I have read the post. :smile:

In general I like the idea, I just expected a more elaborated suggestion for the issue you presented. 

On 7/19/2021 at 2:27 PM, Nolan said:

That's right.

It's not ignored. As @Jcbreff said, I have replied and it also means that I have read the post. :smile:

In general I like the idea, I just expected a more elaborated suggestion for the issue you presented. 

Okay, well in my opinion a 15% hp buff on every shield that was crafted using ethereal catalysts would be a good idea.(Just the default shields of course, not spring or any other event) It would not make the shield overpowered and it would make it a more popular choice among the players that just can't get their hands on a double block spring shield, or people seeking alternatives.

57 minutes ago, Fortuno said:

Okay, well in my opinion a 15% hp buff on every shield that was crafted using ethereal catalysts would be a good idea.(Just the default shields of course, not spring or any other event) It would not make the shield overpowered and it would make it a more popular choice among the players that just can't get their hands on a double block spring shield, or people seeking alternatives.

In my opinion, 15% increase may make it a popular choice in pvp aswell. Although I can see it become a issue with classes like Warden due to the fact they have INSANE health pools 

13 hours ago, Drakoknight said:

In my opinion, 15% increase may make it a popular choice in pvp aswell. Although I can see it become a issue with classes like Warden due to the fact they have INSANE health pools 

Any other bonus is welcome if this is considered Over The Top. As long as it's anything more than a silly 11point increase in defence that gives absolutely nothing to shield-bearer.

On 7/22/2021 at 7:12 AM, Drakoknight said:

That's because they build on High HP and blocks for their passive. Which i don't blame them lol.

On 7/22/2021 at 8:51 PM, Fortuno said:

Any other bonus is welcome if this is considered Over The Top. As long as it's anything more than a silly 11point increase in defence that gives absolutely nothing to shield-bearer.

100% agree to this. Make the timeand effort for crafting worthy to level