I recently built a death knight

My dkalways has 12k defense, 24.5 blocks and 24 parries.

Then I chose to go back and use wd。

I apologize for my previous thoughts. wd is really stronger than other tanks.

Only in the matter of defense。

my dk has almost 12k defense, 25% block, 30% parry and 26% resistance

and it's really frustrating how much work i put into it, for it to be mediocre at best in term of tanking

Edited by Ogull

DeathKnights should be able to tank as well as any other tank class. But what they do lack in defense they make up for in damage and some control skills

1 hour ago, Drakoknight said:

DeathKnights should be able to tank as well as any other tank class. But what they do lack in defense they make up for in damage and some control skills

You pick up a tank because you want to run dungeons and be safe or for many other reasons. If I wanted a control Class, I would go for Warlock; if I wanted a damager, I would go for a Chieftain or a rogue or a hunter. The (weak) capacities of DK to be able to be a damager should not be considered before the very fact it is a tank we are talking about. In this sense, DK remains neglected and weaker than his fellow tanks. 

1 hour ago, Higgings said:

You pick up a tank because you want to run dungeons and be safe or for many other reasons. If I wanted a control Class, I would go for Warlock; if I wanted a damager, I would go for a Chieftain or a rogue or a hunter. The (weak) capacities of DK to be able to be a damager should not be considered before the very fact it is a tank we are talking about. In this sense, DK remains neglected and weaker than his fellow tanks. 

I agree. Just to get DK to be a decent tank you need to spend nearly 1m gold and stock up on many different pots, scrolls, minions, etc. It's just sad, I love the DK class

I decided to abandon the Dk after seeing how little I progressed regardless of the level of my improvements, even once I acquired the Mermen armor I felt like my level was lower than the other class mc (Barb) that without having much defense can tank without difficulty,I have seen a barbarian with 8k defense take a ridiculously low amount of damage from the guardians of t5 or t4 while before acquiring the mermen armor with 11k defense I received from these between 1.5k of the guards of t4 to 2.5k of those of t5

Also, resisting waves of mobs, I also don't consider the dk to be especially strong.

12 hours ago, SeaDemon said:

I decided to abandon the Dk after seeing how little I progressed regardless of the level of my improvements, even once I acquired the Mermen armor I felt like my level was lower than the other class mc (Barb) that without having much defense can tank without difficulty,I have seen a barbarian with 8k defense take a ridiculously low amount of damage from the guardians of t5 or t4 while before acquiring the mermen armor with 11k defense I received from these between 1.5k of the guards of t4 to 2.5k of those of t5

Also, resisting waves of mobs, I also don't consider the dk to be especially strong.

That's dumb. The DeathKnight needs a buff to it's defensive skills

3 hours ago, Drakoknight said:

That's dumb. The DeathKnight needs a buff to it's defensive skills

With what they do the developers imply that they want the dk to be a kind of paladin focusing more on giving him magic damage abilities and making his abilities do this type of damage honestly if I had known that the dk was going to have such a problem identity I would not have wasted my time improving it and would have made a barbarian or a warden

25 minutes ago, SeaDemon said:

With what they do the developers imply that they want the dk to be a kind of paladin focusing more on giving him magic damage abilities and making his abilities do this type of damage honestly if I had known that the dk was going to have such a problem identity I would not have wasted my time improving it and would have made a barbarian or a warden

Honestly Wardens are kinda trash since they got hit hard by a nerf. Barbarians (from what I heard a while ago) isn't as tanky as dk

25 minutes ago, SeaDemon said:

Honestly Wardens are kinda trash since they got hit hard by a nerf. Barbarians (from what I heard a while ago) isn't as tanky as dk

4 hours ago, Drakoknight said:

Barbarians (from what I heard a while ago) isn't as tanky as dk

I do not think that is correct,a barb can tank very well in sea,nadir or mermen, maybe they are not the best resisting waves like the dk but they are quite strong tanks that can perfectly do their job without difficulty thanks to that debuff of damage from the Roar and 80% damage reduction without saying also that of a healing ability that does not require 2 minutes to use it

4 hours ago, Drakoknight said:

Honestly Wardens are kinda trash since they got hit hard by a nerf

I don't think that's the way it is, the only thing that changed is that now at least he needs a healer unlike before when being afk they were impossible to kill

Edited by SeaDemon

18 hours ago, SeaDemon said:

At least the Paladin has a healing skill based on magical damage, while the Death Knight only has damage skills

3 hours ago, Khrone said:

At least the Paladin has a healing skill based on magical damage, while the Death Knight only has damage skills

DeathKnights have a healing skill but it's best at 3/4 (if I remember correctly) and it's a passive unlike paladins active. I think DeathKnights need a buff to their defensive skills, atleast make Blood Protection last longer

17 hours ago, Drakoknight said:

both warden and barbarian are better at their job (tanking that is) than dk

looking at what the game gave them to do so, their roar the reduce damage in an aoe, their warcry that taunt and increase armor by 35%, 2 PASSIVE damage reduction skills. stone skin that reduce damage by 80% and replenish a stack each time barbarian do a successful block and last wish that reduce damage up to 95% when barbarian below 50% health, not to forget battle fury that heals 25% of max health. also his scream of fury reduce enemies penetration and increasing the class blocks, both reducing the damage the class take by weakening enemies and combing the skill with stone skin that if we remember replenish a stack each time barbarian do a successful block.

now looking at warden. he did get nerfs, but his constant 25% damage reduction is really good and his heal every 2.5s or so while got nerfed still is great, not to mention his basic aggression skill heal him for 10% of his max health after using it 3 times, and his basic shield is also great

looking at the tanks in scale of "tankness"

barbarian would be #1

warden #2

paladin #3

death knight #4 

18 minutes ago, Drakoknight said:

DeathKnights have a healing skill but it's best at 3/4 (if I remember correctly) and it's a passive unlike paladins active. I think DeathKnights need a buff to their defensive skills, atleast make Blood Protection last longer

i wouldn't compare a "expert" that cost 40k gold and has 2 minutes cooldown with a "basic" skill that have 13 second cooldown

by the time a death knight use reserve 1 time, paladin would use his heal around 10 times

Edited by Ogull

19 hours ago, Drakoknight said:

It depends on HP regen, i'm talking about magical damage

1 hour ago, Khrone said:

It depends on HP regen, i'm talking about magical damage

I know. DeathKnights don't need magic damage as they are meant to be a tank, not a support tank like charmers in heavy armor or paladins. Yet the devs seems to treat dk as such. 

8 hours ago, Drakoknight said:

I know. DeathKnights don't need magic damage as they are meant to be a tank, not a support tank like charmers in heavy armor or paladins. Yet the devs seems to treat dk as such. 

Plans for this class are yet unclear at my eyes. Perhaps this is the beginning of a bigger design planned by devs? Honestly I have got little to no hopes about it. 

This is my DK currently. Obviously a lot of what I can do with it is due to the investment I made in it. However I would like to pass on my experience. To my understanding DK is not a Tank but a Fighter, the reason why their defense skills are not as durable as BrB and WD, but rather quick defenses or that are more effective if they cause damage. This becomes clearer in group battles where the more damage I can deal, the more I can survive. This proposal has become clearer with the latest changes. Using a two-handed Magic Hammer I can easily do 4,000! with the fire of the Knight's Curse, that's not counting the damage of the Hurricane of Steel and the Call of Death. To be a tank I use the construction of physical DK, because like it or not, it's still the best when it comes to PvE Tank. In PvP it is extremely useful and strong a construction of magic items, several times I am the biggest damage dealer and I can survive for a long time. In Colosseum, SEA Mitica and Mermen dungeons I can do without healers just using a healing pet. This all using the same Abilities build.

IMG_20210714_173216.jpg

IMG_20210714_172940.jpg

IMG_20210714_172909.jpg

Screenshot_2021-07-13-18-37-02-444_com.aigrind.warspear.jpg

IMG_20210714_173620.jpg

On 7/7/2021 at 7:40 PM, Drakoknight said:

Apenas para fazer com que o DK seja um tanque decente, você precisa gastar quase 1 milhão de ouro

Yes... 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/12/2021 at 5:39 PM, Higgings said:

Plans for this class are yet unclear at my eyes. Perhaps this is the beginning of a bigger design planned by devs? Honestly I have got little to no hopes about it. 

they rly need to fix dk, it is very squishy when u compare to other tanks, wds and brbs feel like gods while dk has to struggle a lot to feel decent it is sad

On 7/12/2021 at 9:35 AM, Drakoknight said:

dk need magic damage most of the dk skills are based on matk;

MAGICAL ATK BASED SKILLS:

image.png.58b02a1db46e7c3125c9f022d11eee67.png

image.png.c0f18bba0aa64f8bd2f31e7d83af8ce4.png

image.png.7c2576e750ca82cb47e62a6b875c0e3c.png

image.png.bad9186b66d6bf6d76a41be3a5fc3a55.png

PHYSICAL ATK BASED SKILLS:

image.png.647e50d7a4bd47c7af4abaf274daa45c.png

HYBRID SKILL (MAGIC OR PHYSICAL):

image.png.626e4eac65e289f754f421bfad199f4b.png

so by this u can see how most of the dk atack skills are based on magic, in my opinion they should make dk a full magic tank or both, making all skills be hybrid

1 hour ago, lelfil said:

they rly need to fix dk, it is very squishy when u compare to other tanks, wds and brbs feel like gods while dk has to struggle a lot to feel decent it is sad

Yeah. Me(dk), my guild leader(dk), a shaman, a hunter,a charmer, and 2 other dk could barely tank Nocturna but thankfully the shaman and charmer kept us alive as we fought it. Thankfully we did kill it but many times we were on low heath because of Blood Protection only lasting a few seconds and Secret Reserves long cool down

12 hours ago, lelfil said:

dk need magic damage most of the dk skills are based on matk;

MAGICAL ATK BASED SKILLS:

image.png.58b02a1db46e7c3125c9f022d11eee67.png

image.png.c0f18bba0aa64f8bd2f31e7d83af8ce4.png

image.png.7c2576e750ca82cb47e62a6b875c0e3c.png

image.png.bad9186b66d6bf6d76a41be3a5fc3a55.png

PHYSICAL ATK BASED SKILLS:

image.png.647e50d7a4bd47c7af4abaf274daa45c.png

HYBRID SKILL (MAGIC OR PHYSICAL):

image.png.626e4eac65e289f754f421bfad199f4b.png

so by this u can see how most of the dk atack skills are based on magic, in my opinion they should make dk a full magic tank or both, making all skills be hybrid

I could assure you that my Physical Dmg DK could make far more damage than a Magic Damage built DK, and the reason is pretty simple: some of those skills can be resisted or avoided and you're forced to wait again for the CD time of the skill, whereas You just need 2 seconds ~ (mace user) to strike another hit, should your first one get missed or blocked. 

On 7/26/2021 at 6:12 AM, Higgings said:

I could assure you that my Physical Dmg DK could make far more damage than a Magic Damage built DK, and the reason is pretty simple: some of those skills can be resisted or avoided and you're forced to wait again for the CD time of the skill, whereas You just need 2 seconds ~ (mace user) to strike another hit, should your first one get missed or blocked. 

instead of having so many dmg skills based on magic dk should have more defensive skills or just more physical/hybrid skills, brbs can get strong with so little, when dks have to spend so much to get only decent