So...?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. So...?

• Android
    • IOS
    • WP
    • Symbian
    • Blackberry

So I have just recently got my first WP (Windows Phone) a Nokia Lumia 521 with service from MetroPCS. It has a 4 inch screen, a dual-core 1ghz snapdragon processor, 512mb of ram, 8gb internal storage with a SD card slot for expansion and a 5 mega pixel camera, It runs the WP 8 OS. Considering I got this phone on sale for only $50 those are some great specs.  I used to be that guy who said WP sucks because it had no apps. After using it for about a week now I see I was wrong.

WP just works! It's seamless and very fluid with ZERO lag. It does what I want it to do, and with apps like Nokia MixRadio and HERE Drive you can't go wrong. It even has built in screen capture.  Also with WP 8.1 to come sometime this month,  things are  even better. And it has built in WiFi tether without having to root like most Androids. I'm not a fanboy but I won't be switching back to Android anytime soon. I had the Lg Connect 4G and the S4. It's true WP doesn't have a huge selection of games but were getting there. Just to name a few we have: Nova 3, MC4, Gta San Andreas, Asphault 7 and 8, The Amazing Spiderman, Six Guns and the WP exclusive Halo: Spartan Assault. 

The things that do lack on WP atm are third party keyboard apps like Swiftkey 3. I guess Microsoft doesn't want this. Also it lacks a central notification area. For example if you don't have a app tile pinned to your homescreen you wouldn't be aware of any notifications. It also lacks keyboard vibration feedback. But none of these things should discourage you from trying the WP.

I can't really say anything about IOS I never liked it much.  For gaming I still use my Asus Nexus 7 2nd Gen tablet with a Moga Hero Pro controller.

My WP also runs Warspear really well. If your thinking about trying a WP the 521 or the 925 are the phones to start with. There are also the really high end WP,s like the 1020 and the Nokia Icon.

Please share your thoughts on these 3 OS platforms.

Actually care to give reasons why you believe those thoughts? WP isn't as bad as many people think.

Check out the features of the more powerful Nokia Icon and the 1020.

http://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/Nokia-Lumia-Icon,Nokia-Lumia-1020/phones/8160,7876

Android allows for further customisation than the iOS and WP, and some phones e.g Galaxy S3/4/5 and many more are branded as the best one would have and use overall

Not really a technician at these, im not only one sided, i've got one of the rarest gems that are still alive, my Sony Ericsson Xperia X1, which runs on windows mobile. Oh well

Android allows for further customisation than the iOS and WP, and some phones e.g Galaxy S3/4/5 and many more are branded as the best one would have and use overall

Not really a technician at these, im not only one sided, i've got one of the rarest gems that are still alive, my Sony Ericsson Xperia X1, which runs on windows mobile. Oh well

Ya Android does have more customization.  But it also has more lag/resets/crashes then IOS or WP. Androids OS is tired and boring as with IOS. At least with the 8.1 WP we can have something fresh and exciting. To each their own. I just dislike when I get the generic response as to why Android is better which is usually, "It has more apps". Android and IOS has a ton of apps,  most are junk and just take up space on the store. But also I did find a game called "Crappy Turds" on the WP store lmao. It's a Flappy Bird knock off where your a turd flying haha.

Ya Android does have more customization.  But it also has more lag/resets/crashes then IOS or WP. Androids OS is tired and boring as with IOS. At least with the 8.1 WP we can have something fresh and exciting. To each their own. I just dislike when I get the generic response as to why Android is better which is usually, "It has more apps". Android and IOS has a ton of apps,  most are junk and just take up space on the store. But also I did find a game called "Crappy Turds" on the WP store lmao. It's a Flappy Bird knock off where your a turd flying haha.

No no i don't mean to use the 'Android has more apps so its better' thing, just the customisation of screens and all you can do. Of course lag/reset/crashes whatsoever but only when you're using it wrong or don't take care of it. Myself, got a galaxy s3 6 days ago and never had probles with it so far. Before that i had an HTC Wildfire S with pretty crap specs on it, never had problems with it yet again.

Crappy turds hahah, that sure must be a view

Well, ive got a nexus 4 with custom rom and kernel and is working verry well :good:

Get the Nexus 5 :P

I had a custom rom and kernel on  a Lg Esteem I had, Oc'ed to hell and back.

Get the Nexus 5 :P

I had a custom rom and kernel on  a Lg Esteem I had Oc'ed to hell and back.

I really dont like the nexus 5 design . n4 has that glass on back which makes it awseome :blush:

No no i don't mean to use the 'Android has more apps so its better' thing, just the customisation of screens and all you can do. Of course lag/reset/crashes whatsoever but only when you're using it wrong or don't take care of it. Myself, got a galaxy s3 6 days ago and never had probles with it so far. Before that i had an HTC Wildfire S with pretty crap specs on it, never had problems with it yet again.

Crappy turds hahah, that sure must be a view

For me the worst Android I ever owned was the Kyocero Event! LAG or crash just turning WiFi on or off, or just random freezes 5 times a day where I just had to pull the battery to restart it. Don't ever buy Kyocero phones. My first Android phone the Samsung Admire was many times better, and that's saying a lot.

My first android was HTC Wildfire S, i can say it's, um, a normal phone xd

Second is Galaxy S3, in love

Iphones are for sissies who dont understand technology

Not sure if serious. But yeah I usually see a lot of preps with iPhones. Their way of thinking = Most exspensive = Best.

i dont understand , playing ws at blackberry ?? how? :shok:

I'm not sure you can, I just added it for a option to vote. These don't have to necessarily  run WS. 

Well,currently IOS and android have the biggest market and varieties of apps,while WP is just a new entry to fight.

I'd for now will go for Android,but in future Nokia+Microsoft's WP may become the best.I seen lumia phone screen and graphics of the games are very good but at same time lacks lot of apps and features with are available in IOS and androids.

Coming days WP will get better and IOS might have a downfall,Android is forever green cant shake it.

When they say IPhone's are better than androids, I just laugh

We have more roms

We have more apps

We have more emulators

hey I have an idea

lets make a device with a one-ass button thats supposed to control everything, then sell it to tech noobs for a ridiculous price. And lets not forget pointless upgrades! ;)

Here's what kind of people who use what:

Android: Regular people

IOS: White trash preppies who think they are cool for having an Apple product

WP: People who want to try some thing new

Symbian: People who don't care for having the top name brands

Blackberry: People who can't afford IOS

Lol bro.

My Ace 2 is like a son of Nokia 3310, a real brick, very durable. My friend cracked his IPhone screen by just having it in his pocket

Android beats all, no doubts. Even if people just root it and change everything about it xd

iOS is crap. Breaks too easy. It just a pretty phone to attract rich people.

Windows is still new here but it has potential, but atm it can't beat Android.

Though it's 2014, everyone is focused on pretty things over quality so they all could go down the drain.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I have a samsung galaxy fame and it crashes a lot, but it runs quite much awesome apps like plague inc, which is free on android :good:

WINDOWS PHONE  :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: I use too. Windows Phone zero lag.

• 4 weeks later...

I switched back to Android and got a LG G2, i missed not being able to screen record with my Nokia Lumia 521 or be able to root it and use a wifi tether app on a unlimited data plan like you can with Android.

The LG G2 has a 2.26ghz quad-core snapdragon 800 cpu, 2gb ram, 32gb storage and a. 5.2 HD 1080p IPS screen i love it.

Not a good of phone as my G2 but the new LG G Flex does look pretty awesome, check it out also.

But i did enjoy my time with the Windows Phone.

Lol. TRUE

Using a rooted HTC desire z, with v4.0. No regrets but I think am going to give WP a trial  :blush: