suggestion to improve some skills

after a year playing death knight I noticed several things about this class.

One of them is the ease it has, unlike the other legion tank, to level up and withstand waves of mobs without much problem.

and the other is how fragile it becomes the higher the difficulty of the mission / dungeon or boss that must be faced making it seem that this class is useful only up to a certain part of the game.

many might wonder, and why does this happen? the truth is easy to tell.

This class, even with its "early game" potential to withstand everything that is put ahead in "late game", its abilities do not help the DK with this task because "Dark Shield" has a very low defense reduction that makes fighting mobs with a high level of attack and penetration a real headache.

But his expert skills would have to fix that ... right?

the truth is that not as much as it should since the DK does not have a resistance or healing ability that allows him to stay in the game,Yes, I know that it has Blood Protection and Reserves in addition to saturation that are supposed to fill those gaps that this class has, but the truth is that they do not do their job as they should. Let me explain why.

Yes, I know that it has Blood Protection and Reserves in addition to saturation that are supposed to fill those gaps that this class has, but the truth is that they do not do their job as they should. Let me explain why.

Blood Protection a good ability that should not be denied but with a small problem and that is that both the damage reduction and the time of the ability make many look for other options in my opinion this ability is missing something since 50% of Damage reduction at the maximum level seems very little considering that there is already a class that can also grant this damage reduction with the addition that it removes debuff that the user or ally to which it is applied

In my opinion, an extra mechanic should be added to this skill, some of its stats should be increased or it should be given an additional benefit, so with your permission I will give my ideas of what could be added

In addition to what has already been added, it would be good if this ability also granted

1. Resistance This is one of the best statistics that a tank could have since it will allow it to move easily or fight against enemies with some type of debuff or some stun
  2. Reflection of Damage will you think ... why? It is simple a death knight stands out in battle against many targets (or so it should) but when facing several enemies it can be a real problem and more if they attack from a distance so an ability that allows you to return part of the damage received is not It seems like a bad option right? since this would allow to increase the damage that this class is capable of doing which in turn in case you have life steal it will allow you to heal a little while you try to walk among the mobs
  3. Block/Parry it's simple right? With this, the DK will be able to efficiently mitigate the damage it will receive during the duration of the ability since although it seems obvious to block or evade an attack it is much better than receiving half the damage In addition, it would open the way to a new way of arming, making the DK go from wanting to increase this statistic to trying to focus on another
  4. HP Regeneration This could be very useful and would make people prefer to use regeneration instead of vamp which together with reserves could give a second chance to live, if you wonder how it could be applied it is simple, once finished the damage reduction effect increases regeneration in X%

There are many other ideas that could be good but I do not want to extend this topic any longer than I am already doing.

Reserves This ability can become a lifesaver when you have a good amount of life regeneration, something that should be considered is the fact that this ability needs to have a dangerously low level of life to be activated in addition to the fact that the user must be what strong enough not to die in the middle of the healing so I raise the following

1. Damage reduction A good way to allow the DK to heal and not die while trying is with this option to grant it a very good amount of damage reduction which disappears after the first or second heal, I know that it already had a similar characteristic in the past and which was removed due to how strong it was but times have changed and now is when tanks need more than ever the ability to withstand the threats that lie ahead.
  2. Resistance It seems that I had some preference for resistance but let me explain the moment in which this ability is activated is when you are very close to death so allowing the DK to use abilities to try to protect or escape from the threat would be a very good option
  3. A Shield buff What do I mean by "Shield Buff"? simply to a buff like the one applied by Necros or Shaman a shield based on some DK statistic such as Life, Magic Damage or defense that protects the DK until it falls or until the healing ends

Saturation a skill that was recently adjusted but that still requires an improvement since although it does not look like life steal has a fairly obvious weakness which is that if you are not capable of attacking an enemy or you did not do enough damage it would have been a Total loss that could end in the death of the Knight, what could we do?

1. Health Cost Although this is already something that seems more like a joke than a problem, the truth is that the cost of 10% of life can sometimes be much and more now that Tanks can reach 10,000 of life meaning that the user would lose 1,000 of life after using the skill and think, but in the end he will heal more than what he loses? Now I will ask you, do you use saturation being happily in the town or in the middle of a battle? The answer is obvious no? Although in some cases it is true that the ability can heal more than what it loses otherwise in dungeons or against mobs with a lot of damage or mobs at a distance (since these cannot be attacked unless you approach them) unless you have an insane amount of damage you will not be able to heal enough and in which case you will end up losing more life than the that you had planned, it is true that the cost of life is removed when you have 50% life but no tank wants to reach that amount of life and in the event that it does, usually reserves or even your healer could be more useful
  2. Damage Buff As I already said, one of the problems that can lead to saturation is that if you do not manage to do enough damage before the bonus ends, you will not be able to heal enough at the end, therefore a help to do damage would be to grant either damage as such or some damage stat either critical or penetration something that would help enormously to heal more damage than those mobs or bosses are capable of doing

There are many other ways to improve those skills in addition to several other skills that should also be reviewed but for now I will leave it here since this topic took longer than I had planned and I do not want to bore you more than I possibly already did.

thank you if you made it to the end and if you retired in the middle of this even so thanks for reading it, until next time and have a good day.

11 hours ago, SeaDemon said:

Reflection of Damage will you think ... why? It is simple a death knight stands out in battle against many targets (or so it should) but when facing several enemies it can be a real problem and more if they attack from a distance so an ability that allows you to return part of the damage received is not It seems like a bad option right? since this would allow to increase the damage that this class is capable of doing which in turn in case you have life steal it will allow you to heal a little while you try to walk among the mobs

If i remember correctly, the Xmas stat of Damage Reflection don't heal with Vampirism.

9 hours ago, Khrone said:

If i remember correctly, the Xmas stat of Damage Reflection don't heal with Vampirism.

I was curious to see if it really did not cure and I decided to try it and yes, it does not cure maybe I had a memory failure or got confused, I apologize for that, even so I think that reflection is a good option to return that damage that skill absorbs

in my opinion add new effect to these skills wouldn't be the best way to go about it, these 3 skills are good skills in concept but their numbers are really awful...

On 6/18/2021 at 4:54 AM, SeaDemon said:

Blood Protection

blood is one of the best damage reduction skill (in amount) after barbarian damage reduction, but the skill problem is the small duration and long cooldown, at max level the skill duration is 8 second with an 22 second cooldown, the skill has approximately 33% uptime, while every other tank got a passive damage reduction.

Reserves

reserve is a really powerful healing ability. its only downfall is its 2min cooldown. the highest in the entire game, there is no justifiable reason for a skill to have THAT long of a cooldown. compared to what other tanks got in term of recovery, barbarian 25% heal from max health every 45sec(plus damage), paladin basic healing skill with even shorter cooldown, and warden passive healing skill every 2.5 sec or so. not to mention all these skills depend on stats that tank naturally gain a lot of. while on the other hand, dk need to scarifies parry/lifesteal/health for a heal that happens every 2min, that also doesn't reset after dying. that "heal" will be used once every dg or once every 5 or more arenas

Saturation 

lastly saturation. the skill 25% life steal is really good, but its 10% health lose is stupid, i want someone for the love of god to tell me why this skill got 10% health lose, what's the wisdom behind it? what does that 10% lose supposed to achieve? and why is it that skill specifically needed that extra restriction? also the skill got 15 sec duration with 30sec cooldown, that's 50% uptime that's also mean that you need 100% cooldown reduction to keep this skill perma-used

• 1 month later...

I agree with Lelfil. Dk is crap compared to say, Barbarian and Paladin. The DK is only decent in PvE and there is a noticable DECREASE in defense when compared to barb