Android Root ¤UPDATED¤

FantasyPremium

Hello guys,

In this thread I will show you how to "One Click"  root your android device and also I will tell you what exactly is "root"

¤¤What is Root?¤¤

Android rooting is the process of allowing users of smartphones, tablets, and other devices running the Android mobile operating system to attain privileged control (known as "root access") within Android's subsystem.Rooting is often performed with the goal of overcoming limitations that carriers and hardware manufacturers put on some devices, resulting in the ability to alter or replace system applications and settings, run specialized apps that require administrator-level permissions, or perform other operations that are otherwise inaccessible to a normal Android user. On Android, rooting can also facilitate the complete removal and replacement of the device's operating system, usually with a more recent release of its current operating system.

¤¤Legality¤¤

Rooting a device involves circumventing its technological protection measures (in order to allow root access and running alternative software), so its legal status is affected by laws regarding circumvention of digital locks, such as laws protecting digital rights management (DRM) mechanisms. Many countries do not have such laws, and ome countries have laws including exceptions for rooting.

°°How to Root?°°

Follow My Steps and you will have rooted android in few minutes.

You will need a computer!

Step:1 You'll need to download Kingo Root App.

Simply Google it.It must be in the first link.

Step:2 Install this program and Run it!

Step:3 Connect your android with the computer using your USB cable.

Step:4 Now get your android and Enable USB Debugging. Here is how to do that.Go to: Settings--->Applications--->Developing---->Click on USB Debugging

Step:5 Now go back to your computer and open the Kingo Root App. You'll see that your

Android is connected and a big "ROOT" button will appear. Click on it and now you must wait. Your phone will reboot several times.Kingo App will tell you if the root was successful.  Now get your phone and you will see that u have a new application called "SuperSU".

I hope this will help you :)

Message to Players:

I am not responsible if you brake your. phone during the rooting process.

Please take in mind that Rooting MAY remove your warranty.I personnaly used LG Optimus L3 E400.Dont be scared I think that the chance of braking your phone is 2-3%.Also if you are worried about your warranty you can always unroot your device.

rooting an android phone is literally different for every single model

myself i know alot about rooting androids and its benefits and i highly recommend doing so, anybody else informed about "rooting"?

I want to root my HTC Wildfire S device since it got a bit old and i rarely use it.

But im a virgin at rooting.

How exactly do i benefit?

by rooting you will get access to modifications and use of hardware parts in ways they werent meant to be used.

most "amazing" apps require root because they do things your phone werent manufactured to do.

its a bit risky, but depending on your phone, you might be able to de-root or un-root it later.

by rooting you will get access to modifications and use of hardware parts in ways they werent meant to be used.

most "amazing" apps require root because they do things your phone werent manufactured to do.

its a bit risky, but depending on your phone, you might be able to de-root or un-root it later.

Sounds like overclocking.

honestly I never messed with overclocking

but I did root my old phone to enable screenshots, and I also rooted my old psp years ago.

I mentioned risky because rooting nulls warranties, and some devices have a chance to "brick" when attempting to root. In which case it will become completely useless.

Hello Jswaaz I am sorry about that.The website is mine and I didnt wanted to promote it.Make this general thread :).Also tell me if you dont want me to enter my website again and I will simply copy-paste the info about the rooting process :)

I need my phone rooted too (just to allow screenshot app) im using an Htc Desire Z(vision), but Swaaz said there are different ways to root different android phones, and i've goggled how to do that to my phone but it seema they are complicated. Swaaz since you're a pro could you help me break down the complexity and post it here (before you lock the topic)?

Thanks in advance

heres something i posted awhile back, i find it relevant to this thread

first, "root" your phone if using an android device

second,use "overclock" app

also look into apps that "freeze" other apps which usually cannot be. an example being "app quarantine"

install "busybox" it will make your performance slightly better

and finally install "masqed crusader" which uses dnsmasq and switches your DNS to a faster connection while also forcing common tasks to have a shortcut

also to anyone asking me for root advice, i cant give any for 2 specific reasons

1: every single phone has a different way to "root", hence why there are hundreds of rooting websites, because every android is different

2: no matter how perfect my instructions are on how to root your phone, if you make one small mistake (even the smallest mistake imaginable) you will "brick" your phone as mecha said. basically... no matter how good you are at rooting android phones, there is always a chance you will permanently break your phone. thats something i cant be held responsible for, however as fantasypremium said, if you google it, and are able to live with the fact that you might break your phone forever, then rooting your android can be VERY beneficial.

however scary this might sound, i personally guarantee you that rooting your android is AMAZING, there are soo many things you can do its insane.

i also recommend deleting any "bloatware" and only overclocking during important moments, how overclocking works is basically like this:

your phone will run twice as fast, but will drain battery twice as fast

newer androids can overclock to possible 3x 4x even 5x faster! but its a high risk, because it drains your battery very fast

rooting your android is honestly very difficult, and giving instructions online makes it even harder. personally i had a friend at work teach me how to root androids, you MUST get hands on experience if you want to be good at rooting, otherwise you need to be very educated in terms of operating system "lingo" in order to correctly follow steps for rooting from a website.

i repeat, rooting androids is NOT EASY, you really need somebody in person to show you or else you will feel lost and try rooting yourself which will result in you permanently breaking your phone. also, typically you can only root androids that are over a year old since they were first released, all newer phones less than a year old have advanced security which typically takes hackers over a year to find out how to "root" your phone

It worked for me and I think it will work for you too,but if you are not sure don't do it :)

Also there is an app that allows you to take screenshots and you don't need root for it.

Its available in Google Play.The app is called 'screenshot'

• 2 weeks later...

To broke your device isn't as easy as you said (if you don't mess with kernel, cpu cycles etc...)

Look what i did and nothing happened.

I took android 2.3.4 and 4.0.4

Decompile each of them.

I took system from 2.3.4 and put it in files of 4.0.4 and recompiled them

I flashed my phone with this "homemade" software

Result? Crash and restart at boot, the starting had an image from 2.3.4 and 4.0.4 xD (what else can go worst???)

So what? I "flashed" official 4.0.4 and it's working perfect! :lol:

That means that if u know a few things u can fix a possible crash like this

The worst case is to modify kernel to run faster, more voltage on wifi antenna etc.. Which can broke hardware.

I wouldn't suggest that, i use almost every cool "root" app, i have 4Giga internal memory xD

It's really cool, i can't imagine my phone without root now...

I had tried a lot of root ways, it maybe doesn't look trustable because it's in Chinese but this is the easiest way i have found.

Download "eRoot" on pc

Connect your phone too pc with "usb debugging" and "allow unknown sources" enabled.

Run eRoot, it has 1 button, if everything is ok u will see the name of your device on down left corner

Press the button and wait

It doesn't reboot or stuff like thats, if it was successful the SupperUser icon will be on app list

Ti remove root do the same and press the same button, program reads if your device is rooted and doing the required work

As me too you will use this program with your own risk.

I wish you good luck!!! :yahoo: :yahoo:

I wouldn't suggest apps made for rooting, since every phone has it's own way of rooting, as Jswaaz stated above, and some rooting apps may brick your phone. And no, bricking your phone won't make it useless. You can still use it as a weapon and as a basic tool + a lot of phones have some gold in them, so go dig that. But on the serious note, if you brick your phone, search for guides on how to unbrick it, they should link you to some shops that sell USB thingies that unbrick your phone. I suggest buying those from eBay

hmm, weird. I have heard of unrooting/derooting, but not unbricking. Does it really work?

Anyways, I need an app that can record my screen without root access. I was using ASC but I cant use it any more, because my charging/usb port on my phone is busted and I cant connect it to pc.

Or if anyone knows a way to root Galaxy S2 without usb connection, that would be great too.

I have tried the update.zip file from SDcard method and it didnt work.

hmm, weird. I have heard of unrooting/derooting, but not unbricking. Does it really work?

Anyways, I need an app that can record my screen without root access. I was using ASC but I cant use it any more, because my charging/usb port on my phone is busted and I cant connect it to pc.

Or if anyone knows a way to root Galaxy S2 without usb connection, that would be great too.

I have tried the update.zip file from SDcard method and it didnt work.

personally i have only rooted using usb to my laptop, but i have heard of not using a usb, but its usually for phones that have been out for soo long that their security has been breached enough to not need a usb connection. i myself have not heard of unbricking, because the term brick means no chance at all to recover, but you never know, i havnt had a phone for almost a year now so things could of changed. but id definitely not recommend assuming you can ever unbrick something, its merely a last resort/final try/second chance

It should be possible to do without usb connection. I saw some people do it successfully with older and newer phones than mine.

I tried the poot app, followed all the steps, installed ministro 2, downloaded the Qt libraries, but failed to root and get superuser.

still looking for alternative methods.

It should be possible to do without usb connection. I saw some people do it successfully with older and newer phones than mine.

I tried the poot app, followed all the steps, installed ministro 2, downloaded the Qt libraries, but failed to root and get superuser.

still looking for alternative methods.

thats usually where all non-usb methods end, whether its even rooted or not (S-OFF or S-ON) alot of them give whats called a "fake-root"

well, I have tried many things. now I have a bunch of files and apps/widgets on my phone that are pretty much useless since they wont work on my phone

however, I tried my luck connecting the usb cord to laptop and pulling it upwards like it was a chain rope. I got it to connect for a few seconds, just long enough for me to activate my screen recorder app  :yahoo: so I can now record for the time being.

just before I tried this, I typed in "root" on google play store, and downloaded the first app.

it has a list of different methods that android can be rooted, with step-by-step instructions and tutorials. if anyone wants to root their droid, I recommend that app. You will most likely find an easy solution there. Good luck.