Jump to content

Is this game still p2w?


Maitrean
 Share

Recommended Posts

Cause i was thinking to start it again but i remember back in 2013 or something that i played and it was cancer, full of trolls like PVPrange or something and yea, it was p2w...its still p2w? can a new player start from 0 in this game?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators
3 hours ago, Maitrean said:

Cause i was thinking to start it again but i remember back in 2013 or something that i played and it was cancer, full of trolls like PVPrange or something and yea, it was p2w...its still p2w? can a new player start from 0 in this game?

Hey :hi:

 

What it pay tow win for you? Spending money on the game is just a way to get some things easily.

 

You can start from 0 with no fear and enjoy all the new classes and features  

added since you last played. 

 

Please have a look on this section, it will be very helpful.

https://forum.warspear-online.com/index.php?/forum/25-guides/

 

Welcome back and good luck in Arinar! :wind:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/27/2021 at 1:35 PM, Nolan said:

Hey :hi:

 

What it pay tow win for you? Spending money on the game is just a way to get some things easily.

 

You can start from 0 with no fear and enjoy all the new classes and features  

added since you last played. 

 

Please have a look on this section, it will be very helpful.

https://forum.warspear-online.com/index.php?/forum/25-guides/

 

Welcome back and good luck in Arinar! :wind:

I must stop you there for a second. Not all features are available.Some services are strictly available only for those who have miracle coins in their accounts. Like item unbinding or that battle pass feature was implemented last spring or 8extra expert skill slots. Well other than that, majority of tools can be traded for simple gold coins so that's good at least.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

What do you expect from a free mobile game? Of course it is p2w. You don't need to spend any money though. You can play all this game has to offer without paying anything (it is way easier than it was before).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

On 5/27/2021 at 12:37 PM, Maitrean said:

it was p2w...its still p2w?

I am playing for like 8 years now and still new players with endless coins are easily overpowering me in couple of months. I hope u got ur answer.

 

On 5/27/2021 at 12:37 PM, Maitrean said:

can a new player start from 0 in this game?

Yes, ofcourse. It will be hard but its possible if you can invest your time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Long story short, the game has been pay2win since they added signs and amplification system and is moving more and more that way with every update.

Edited by Mercurry
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators
On 5/29/2021 at 6:53 PM, Fortuno said:

Not all features are available.Some services are strictly available only for those who have miracle coins in their accounts.

Miracle coins is not exclusive to who buy them. You can get miracle coins from the wall of offers, from forum contests and facebook giveaways. 

 

7 minutes ago, Mercurry said:

Long story short, the game has been pay2win since they added signs and amplification system and is moving more and more that way with every update.

You can buy signs of imperishability with gold from other players :yawn1:

 

Warspear doesn't stop you in the middle of a quest to play an ad.

 

And since you can't buy equipments with miracle coins (except for the novice sets), the players will usually resell the items from the shop in order to have enough gold and buy their needed equipments, helping the "free players" with items from the shop.

 

You can enjoy most of the game features without spending anything but time. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Is this game p2w? Not necessarily. I only spent money/miracle coins on chests for me and my guild. I use gold to buy signs and amp. Most things you can buy with gold, supposing you saved up for it. Nolan explained it perfectly

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Nolan said:

Miracle coins is not exclusive to who buy them. You can get miracle coins from the wall of offers, from forum contests and facebook giveaways. 

 

You can buy signs of imperishability with gold from other players :yawn1:

 

Warspear doesn't stop you in the middle of a quest to play an ad.

 

And since you can't buy equipments with miracle coins (except for the novice sets), the players will usually resell the items from the shop in order to have enough gold and buy their needed equipments, helping the "free players" with items from the shop.

 

You can enjoy most of the game features without spending anything but time. 

 

 

Technically you are right. But, what is also the truth, Signs, which the whole game is built around are exclusively sourced  from Miracle shop, best runes for every slot are exclusively only sourced for real money, even better, Vamp runes are locked behind a gamling system of chests which are also only available for real money, best crystals are only sourced for real money. Yes, you can aquire those items by trading but that doesnt change the fact the the sources are still locked behind a paywall. Its built very smart because you can absolutely claim its not pay2win but in reality the paying is just moved onto another player. The game owners do not care who pays.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

Yes it's pay to win just like any other "free" mobile game.

You can't realistically get enough signs to fully upgrade equipment without real money.

The competetive side is pretty much a money spending contest.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ▲▲▲ said:

Yes it's pay to win just like any other "free" mobile game.

You can't realistically get enough signs to fully upgrade equipment without real money.

The competetive side is pretty much a money spending contest.

You can get enough signs from other players but the rest is true. It's a mobile, free to play game

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There's a saying in Turkish "Kimse ayranım ekşi demez." means nobody would show their own property/goods as bad. This game is p2w till the core. Unless you would be happy with the small things and play low. Which I know few ppl like that. But when you decide to go further it will be very difficult,cause then you will face with the ppl amping stuffs in seconds that you would amplify in months. You might think of keep farming some bosses make some golds. Dont worry them places already getting farmed by those rich ppl. Also it doesn't matter how nice you are ppl will just keep insult you keep bully you for nothing. When you decide to report them ppl you know what support gonna tell you? Use ignore button. 2 days ago one dude just kept insult me with 10 chars atleast i kept ignore he came back with another. I could say more but probably this will be enough for me to get warned here. Not like I mind tho anyway.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, HeartsBane said:

There's a saying in Turkish "Kimse ayranım ekşi demez." means nobody would show their own property/goods as bad. This game is p2w till the core. Unless you would be happy with the small things and play low. Which I know few ppl like that. But when you decide to go further it will be very difficult,cause then you will face with the ppl amping stuffs in seconds that you would amplify in months. You might think of keep farming some bosses make some golds. Dont worry them places already getting farmed by those rich ppl. Also it doesn't matter how nice you are ppl will just keep insult you keep bully you for nothing. When you decide to report them ppl you know what support gonna tell you? Use ignore button. 2 days ago one dude just kept insult me with 10 chars atleast i kept ignore he came back with another. I could say more but probably this will be enough for me to get warned here. Not like I mind tho anyway.

Yeah the cash whale players are really just bullies but you really can't do anything about them. I generally don't have any issues but the the game was made as a free to play game. So it's obviously p2w as any other free to play game is

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Game is not p2w since there is NO ITEMS that are exclusive on Miracle Shop that can't be obtained on the game. Pay 2 Win is when a player who pays has an advantage over the rest of the players, such as buying a very powerful weapon of strong equipment that is not available anywhere in the game. 

 

Warspear online can be considered as a P2F - PAY TO FAST! Players that spend real money on the miracle shop only accelerate their progress, instead of constant grinding that is strong component of a good MMORPG. Any player who does not pay can achieve the same as the one who pays by investing much more time!

 

As far as I'm aware since day 1 that I started playing, there's no books, weapons or equipments on Miracle Shop. As for crystals, runes, signs, relics, and all other stuff that anyone can buy it wih real money, they can all be obtained in the game! With that said, Warspear CANNOT BE MENTIONED AS P2W!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, quenster said:

Game is not p2w since there is NO ITEMS that are exclusive on Miracle Shop that can't be obtained on the game. Pay 2 Win is when a player who pays has an advantage over the rest of the players, such as buying a very powerful weapon of strong equipment that is not available anywhere in the game. 

 

Warspear online can be considered as a P2F - PAY TO FAST! Players that spend real money on the miracle shop only accelerate their progress, instead of constant grinding that is strong component of a good MMORPG. Any player who does not pay can achieve the same as the one who pays by investing much more time!

 

As far as I'm aware since day 1 that I started playing, there's no books, weapons or equipments on Miracle Shop. As for crystals, runes, signs, relics, and all other stuff that anyone can buy it wih real money, they can all be obtained in the game! With that said, Warspear CANNOT BE MENTIONED AS P2W!

This is very true. Only things I have paid for is cosmetics, chests (I wish actually gave cosmetics only) and recently a season pass

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, quenster said:

Game is not p2w since there is NO ITEMS that are exclusive on Miracle Shop that can't be obtained on the game. Pay 2 Win is when a player who pays has an advantage over the rest of the players, such as buying a very powerful weapon of strong equipment that is not available anywhere in the game. 

 

Warspear online can be considered as a P2F - PAY TO FAST! Players that spend real money on the miracle shop only accelerate their progress, instead of constant grinding that is strong component of a good MMORPG. Any player who does not pay can achieve the same as the one who pays by investing much more time!

 

As far as I'm aware since day 1 that I started playing, there's no books, weapons or equipments on Miracle Shop. As for crystals, runes, signs, relics, and all other stuff that anyone can buy it wih real money, they can all be obtained in the game! With that said, Warspear CANNOT BE MENTIONED AS P2W!

Dude. If most people consider this game as p2w then maybe they are right. Being p2w is not a bad thing but trying to ignore that is just plain dumb.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, GalaxyRekt said:

Dude. If most people consider this game as p2w then maybe they are right. Being p2w is not a bad thing but trying to ignore that is just plain dumb.

Considering that the only really useful thing, the repair scroll, can only be gotten, in considerable amounts, is from the mcoin store kinda makes it p2w 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Drakoknight said:

Considering that the only really useful thing, the repair scroll, can only be gotten, in considerable amounts, is from the mcoin store kinda makes it p2w 

IMHO the amplification system is the only thing that makes warspear p2w. The time you need to grind to get an acceptable set is just too much. In just one day, you can get the maximum amplification that would otherwise literally take you years. No idea how that is not p2w, assuming that the amplification level of your items is crucial for PvP and even for PvE at some extent. Once again, I'm not saying that being p2w is bad but saying that "Warspear CANNOT BE MENTIONED AS P2W!" just makes no sense at all.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, GalaxyRekt said:

IMHO the amplification system is the only thing that makes warspear p2w. The time you need to grind to get an acceptable set is just too much. In just one day, you can get the maximum amplification that would otherwise literally take you years. No idea how that is not p2w, assuming that the amplification level of your items is crucial for PvP and even for PvE at some extent. Once again, I'm not saying that being p2w is bad but saying that "Warspear CANNOT BE MENTIONED AS P2W!" just makes no sense at all.

I am dumb

Edited by Drakoknight
I forgot what imho meant
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The game is not pay to win, you can have absolutely any item in the game with gold only (except the battle pass of course, but there is no item that affects the character's attributes there); those who buy miracle coins get things much easier and faster. With a lot of effort and farm (and luck too) you can have a very strong character, even a full +10 equipped with a complete set of greatness, along with the lvl 32 memem equipment, it will only take time and effort (a long, long time :teehee-crazy-rabbit-emoticon: )

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Fabr said:

The game is not pay to win, you can have absolutely any item in the game with gold only (except the battle pass of course, but there is no item that affects the character's attributes there); those who buy miracle coins get things much easier and faster. With a lot of effort and farm (and luck too) you can have a very strong character, even a full +10 equipped with a complete set of greatness, along with the lvl 32 memem equipment, it will only take time and effort (a long, long time :teehee-crazy-rabbit-emoticon: )

This is completely true. It's what I did most of the time on here. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Fabr said:

The game is not pay to win, you can have absolutely any item in the game with gold only (except the battle pass of course, but there is no item that affects the character's attributes there); those who buy miracle coins get things much easier and faster. With a lot of effort and farm (and luck too) you can have a very strong character, even a full +10 equipped with a complete set of greatness, along with the lvl 32 memem equipment, it will only take time and effort (a long, long time :teehee-crazy-rabbit-emoticon: )

Yeah, it's possible. It will just take you thousands of hours, or you can buy it in just ONE game session. You literally spend 1000x more time to get the same thing that you could just buy/amp in a few hours. You skip all the grinding. How isn't that an advantage? :dunno:

Even going by your definition of a pay to win game (which is clearly wrong btw) you can't get 8 of the expert slots so that would still make warspear p2w. You can use 8 passive book on those slots and boost your character's attributes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators

Even who buys miracle coins are helping the game not be p2w. You still need gold for amplification and gold to buy the equipments.

It's not like buying miracle coins and become the strongest one. 

 

You still have to spend a lot of time to get reputation and lvl up talents (not to mention that you still need to lvl up). Also, a free player with more experience might be better than you in some scenarios. :dunno:

 

Warspear still one of the best MMORPG's out there to be a free player. :true_story1:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

It's a pay to win game. I'm sorry but anyone who says otherwise is sugar coating it. No offense implied. 

There's no shame in calling it like it is. 

The grinding required to make you catch up to mcoiners are measured in terms of years. 

 

The amount of time it takes for you to catch up to pay to win players would require you to drop something like Mermen gear, book, etc whose drop rates are abysmal. 

 

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. Game needs people to spend on coins to keep it up and running. A company can't function without its finances so most of the system including amps, chests are set to make people spend but there is a clear distinction between the paying and no paying categories. It is what it is. :snack-crazy-rabbit-emoticon:

 

That being said, the game has its own unique charm. Granted there are a lot of other games with more graphics and options out there, but somehow this 2d game has its own flavour. 

 

Plus the devs have been introducing updates at a good pace recently keeping the player base engaged and improving the quality of life in game. 

 

In short, give it a try if you're a new player. See if you like it or if you can find your crowd. If you do, stay. If not, quit it. 

Edited by TheCaster
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, TheCaster said:

The grinding required to make you catch up to mcoiners are measured in terms of years. 

well it depends on what kind of mcoiner do you want to catch up to, if youre talking about those who buy mcoins rarely then catching up isnt that hard but if youre talking about "whales" who have every single book etc then its in terms of years 

4 hours ago, TheCaster said:

It's a pay to win game. I'm sorry but anyone who says otherwise is sugar coating it. No offense implied. 

There's no shame in calling it like it is. 

it depends on how you define a game to be pay to win because you cant directly buy gear or books with mcoins so you either have to transform mcoins into gold which might or might not take time or just use mcoins to make it so you can try to get lucky and spam dungeons continuously

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Both TheCaster and Jcbreff are telling the truth. You can thrive in the game if your free to play. I generally spend little on cosmetics from chests but if I get stuff like runes I sell them because they are worth a pretty penny.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'll say that you can have a lot of fun of this game for free. Leveling is pretty easy, and you will get lvl 30 pretty fast.

 

But at some point, the game becomes very hard to play, especially if you're a lone wolf. Mobs hits like a truck, and withstand a lot of hits.

 

And at some point, you'll be looking for teamates to play the dongeon. And you will get rejected by them, since you do not reach the stats requirements.

 

You will end up farming pelion/t3 quests for 10k/20k a day, until you can afford the gear/signs. And it will take a lof of time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Aglaophotis said:

I'll say that you can have a lot of fun of this game for free. Leveling is pretty easy, and you will get lvl 30 pretty fast.

 

But at some point, the game becomes very hard to play, especially if you're a lone wolf. Mobs hits like a truck, and withstand a lot of hits.

 

And at some point, you'll be looking for teamates to play the dongeon. And you will get rejected by them, since you do not reach the stats requirements.

 

You will end up farming pelion/t3 quests for 10k/20k a day, until you can afford the gear/signs. And it will take a lof of time.

I took my time and I will say. Reputation quests are a pain in my butt

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...