Is this game still p2w?

Maitrean

Cause i was thinking to start it again but i remember back in 2013 or something that i played and it was cancer, full of trolls like PVPrange or something and yea, it was p2w...its still p2w? can a new player start from 0 in this game?

3 hours ago, Maitrean said:

Cause i was thinking to start it again but i remember back in 2013 or something that i played and it was cancer, full of trolls like PVPrange or something and yea, it was p2w...its still p2w? can a new player start from 0 in this game?

Hey :hi:

What it pay tow win for you? Spending money on the game is just a way to get some things easily.

You can start from 0 with no fear and enjoy all the new classes and features  

added since you last played. 

Please have a look on this section, it will be very helpful.

https://forum.warspear-online.com/index.php?/forum/25-guides/

Welcome back and good luck in Arinar! :wind:

On 5/27/2021 at 1:35 PM, Nolan said:

Hey :hi:

What it pay tow win for you? Spending money on the game is just a way to get some things easily.

You can start from 0 with no fear and enjoy all the new classes and features  

added since you last played. 

Please have a look on this section, it will be very helpful.

https://forum.warspear-online.com/index.php?/forum/25-guides/

Welcome back and good luck in Arinar! :wind:

I must stop you there for a second. Not all features are available.Some services are strictly available only for those who have miracle coins in their accounts. Like item unbinding or that battle pass feature was implemented last spring or 8extra expert skill slots. Well other than that, majority of tools can be traded for simple gold coins so that's good at least.

What do you expect from a free mobile game? Of course it is p2w. You don't need to spend any money though. You can play all this game has to offer without paying anything (it is way easier than it was before).

On 5/27/2021 at 12:37 PM, Maitrean said:

it was p2w...its still p2w?

I am playing for like 8 years now and still new players with endless coins are easily overpowering me in couple of months. I hope u got ur answer.

On 5/27/2021 at 12:37 PM, Maitrean said:

can a new player start from 0 in this game?

Yes, ofcourse. It will be hard but its possible if you can invest your time.

Long story short, the game has been pay2win since they added signs and amplification system and is moving more and more that way with every update.

Edited by Mercurry

On 5/29/2021 at 6:53 PM, Fortuno said:

Not all features are available.Some services are strictly available only for those who have miracle coins in their accounts.

Miracle coins is not exclusive to who buy them. You can get miracle coins from the wall of offers, from forum contests and facebook giveaways. 

7 minutes ago, Mercurry said:

Long story short, the game has been pay2win since they added signs and amplification system and is moving more and more that way with every update.

You can buy signs of imperishability with gold from other players :yawn1:

Warspear doesn't stop you in the middle of a quest to play an ad.

And since you can't buy equipments with miracle coins (except for the novice sets), the players will usually resell the items from the shop in order to have enough gold and buy their needed equipments, helping the "free players" with items from the shop.

You can enjoy most of the game features without spending anything but time. 

Is this game p2w? Not necessarily. I only spent money/miracle coins on chests for me and my guild. I use gold to buy signs and amp. Most things you can buy with gold, supposing you saved up for it. Nolan explained it perfectly

1 hour ago, Nolan said:

Miracle coins is not exclusive to who buy them. You can get miracle coins from the wall of offers, from forum contests and facebook giveaways. 

You can buy signs of imperishability with gold from other players :yawn1:

Warspear doesn't stop you in the middle of a quest to play an ad.

And since you can't buy equipments with miracle coins (except for the novice sets), the players will usually resell the items from the shop in order to have enough gold and buy their needed equipments, helping the "free players" with items from the shop.

You can enjoy most of the game features without spending anything but time. 

Technically you are right. But, what is also the truth, Signs, which the whole game is built around are exclusively sourced  from Miracle shop, best runes for every slot are exclusively only sourced for real money, even better, Vamp runes are locked behind a gamling system of chests which are also only available for real money, best crystals are only sourced for real money. Yes, you can aquire those items by trading but that doesnt change the fact the the sources are still locked behind a paywall. Its built very smart because you can absolutely claim its not pay2win but in reality the paying is just moved onto another player. The game owners do not care who pays.

• 4 weeks later...

Yes it's pay to win just like any other "free" mobile game.

You can't realistically get enough signs to fully upgrade equipment without real money.

The competetive side is pretty much a money spending contest.

1 hour ago, ▲▲▲ said:

Yes it's pay to win just like any other "free" mobile game.

You can't realistically get enough signs to fully upgrade equipment without real money.

The competetive side is pretty much a money spending contest.

You can get enough signs from other players but the rest is true. It's a mobile, free to play game

There's a saying in Turkish "Kimse ayranım ekşi demez." means nobody would show their own property/goods as bad. This game is p2w till the core. Unless you would be happy with the small things and play low. Which I know few ppl like that. But when you decide to go further it will be very difficult,cause then you will face with the ppl amping stuffs in seconds that you would amplify in months. You might think of keep farming some bosses make some golds. Dont worry them places already getting farmed by those rich ppl. Also it doesn't matter how nice you are ppl will just keep insult you keep bully you for nothing. When you decide to report them ppl you know what support gonna tell you? Use ignore button. 2 days ago one dude just kept insult me with 10 chars atleast i kept ignore he came back with another. I could say more but probably this will be enough for me to get warned here. Not like I mind tho anyway.

12 hours ago, HeartsBane said:

There's a saying in Turkish "Kimse ayranım ekşi demez." means nobody would show their own property/goods as bad. This game is p2w till the core. Unless you would be happy with the small things and play low. Which I know few ppl like that. But when you decide to go further it will be very difficult,cause then you will face with the ppl amping stuffs in seconds that you would amplify in months. You might think of keep farming some bosses make some golds. Dont worry them places already getting farmed by those rich ppl. Also it doesn't matter how nice you are ppl will just keep insult you keep bully you for nothing. When you decide to report them ppl you know what support gonna tell you? Use ignore button. 2 days ago one dude just kept insult me with 10 chars atleast i kept ignore he came back with another. I could say more but probably this will be enough for me to get warned here. Not like I mind tho anyway.

Yeah the cash whale players are really just bullies but you really can't do anything about them. I generally don't have any issues but the the game was made as a free to play game. So it's obviously p2w as any other free to play game is

Game is not p2w since there is NO ITEMS that are exclusive on Miracle Shop that can't be obtained on the game. Pay 2 Win is when a player who pays has an advantage over the rest of the players, such as buying a very powerful weapon of strong equipment that is not available anywhere in the game. 

Warspear online can be considered as a P2F - PAY TO FAST! Players that spend real money on the miracle shop only accelerate their progress, instead of constant grinding that is strong component of a good MMORPG. Any player who does not pay can achieve the same as the one who pays by investing much more time!

As far as I'm aware since day 1 that I started playing, there's no books, weapons or equipments on Miracle Shop. As for crystals, runes, signs, relics, and all other stuff that anyone can buy it wih real money, they can all be obtained in the game! With that said, Warspear CANNOT BE MENTIONED AS P2W!

1 hour ago, quenster said:

Game is not p2w since there is NO ITEMS that are exclusive on Miracle Shop that can't be obtained on the game. Pay 2 Win is when a player who pays has an advantage over the rest of the players, such as buying a very powerful weapon of strong equipment that is not available anywhere in the game. 

Warspear online can be considered as a P2F - PAY TO FAST! Players that spend real money on the miracle shop only accelerate their progress, instead of constant grinding that is strong component of a good MMORPG. Any player who does not pay can achieve the same as the one who pays by investing much more time!

As far as I'm aware since day 1 that I started playing, there's no books, weapons or equipments on Miracle Shop. As for crystals, runes, signs, relics, and all other stuff that anyone can buy it wih real money, they can all be obtained in the game! With that said, Warspear CANNOT BE MENTIONED AS P2W!

This is very true. Only things I have paid for is cosmetics, chests (I wish actually gave cosmetics only) and recently a season pass

2 hours ago, quenster said:

Dude. If most people consider this game as p2w then maybe they are right. Being p2w is not a bad thing but trying to ignore that is just plain dumb.

1 minute ago, GalaxyRekt said:

Dude. If most people consider this game as p2w then maybe they are right. Being p2w is not a bad thing but trying to ignore that is just plain dumb.

Considering that the only really useful thing, the repair scroll, can only be gotten, in considerable amounts, is from the mcoin store kinda makes it p2w 

Just now, Drakoknight said:

Considering that the only really useful thing, the repair scroll, can only be gotten, in considerable amounts, is from the mcoin store kinda makes it p2w 

IMHO the amplification system is the only thing that makes warspear p2w. The time you need to grind to get an acceptable set is just too much. In just one day, you can get the maximum amplification that would otherwise literally take you years. No idea how that is not p2w, assuming that the amplification level of your items is crucial for PvP and even for PvE at some extent. Once again, I'm not saying that being p2w is bad but saying that "Warspear CANNOT BE MENTIONED AS P2W!" just makes no sense at all.

2 hours ago, GalaxyRekt said:

IMHO the amplification system is the only thing that makes warspear p2w. The time you need to grind to get an acceptable set is just too much. In just one day, you can get the maximum amplification that would otherwise literally take you years. No idea how that is not p2w, assuming that the amplification level of your items is crucial for PvP and even for PvE at some extent. Once again, I'm not saying that being p2w is bad but saying that "Warspear CANNOT BE MENTIONED AS P2W!" just makes no sense at all.

I am dumb

Edited by Drakoknight
I forgot what imho meant

The game is not pay to win, you can have absolutely any item in the game with gold only (except the battle pass of course, but there is no item that affects the character's attributes there); those who buy miracle coins get things much easier and faster. With a lot of effort and farm (and luck too) you can have a very strong character, even a full +10 equipped with a complete set of greatness, along with the lvl 32 memem equipment, it will only take time and effort (a long, long time :teehee-crazy-rabbit-emoticon: )

Just now, Fabr said:

The game is not pay to win, you can have absolutely any item in the game with gold only (except the battle pass of course, but there is no item that affects the character's attributes there); those who buy miracle coins get things much easier and faster. With a lot of effort and farm (and luck too) you can have a very strong character, even a full +10 equipped with a complete set of greatness, along with the lvl 32 memem equipment, it will only take time and effort (a long, long time :teehee-crazy-rabbit-emoticon: )

This is completely true. It's what I did most of the time on here. 

18 minutes ago, Fabr said:

Yeah, it's possible. It will just take you thousands of hours, or you can buy it in just ONE game session. You literally spend 1000x more time to get the same thing that you could just buy/amp in a few hours. You skip all the grinding. How isn't that an advantage? :dunno:

Even going by your definition of a pay to win game (which is clearly wrong btw) you can't get 8 of the expert slots so that would still make warspear p2w. You can use 8 passive book on those slots and boost your character's attributes.

Even who buys miracle coins are helping the game not be p2w. You still need gold for amplification and gold to buy the equipments.

It's not like buying miracle coins and become the strongest one. 

You still have to spend a lot of time to get reputation and lvl up talents (not to mention that you still need to lvl up). Also, a free player with more experience might be better than you in some scenarios. :dunno:

Warspear still one of the best MMORPG's out there to be a free player. :true_story1:

It's a pay to win game. I'm sorry but anyone who says otherwise is sugar coating it. No offense implied. 

There's no shame in calling it like it is. 

The grinding required to make you catch up to mcoiners are measured in terms of years. 

The amount of time it takes for you to catch up to pay to win players would require you to drop something like Mermen gear, book, etc whose drop rates are abysmal. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. Game needs people to spend on coins to keep it up and running. A company can't function without its finances so most of the system including amps, chests are set to make people spend but there is a clear distinction between the paying and no paying categories. It is what it is. :snack-crazy-rabbit-emoticon:

That being said, the game has its own unique charm. Granted there are a lot of other games with more graphics and options out there, but somehow this 2d game has its own flavour. 

Plus the devs have been introducing updates at a good pace recently keeping the player base engaged and improving the quality of life in game. 

In short, give it a try if you're a new player. See if you like it or if you can find your crowd. If you do, stay. If not, quit it. 

Edited by TheCaster

4 hours ago, TheCaster said:

The grinding required to make you catch up to mcoiners are measured in terms of years. 

well it depends on what kind of mcoiner do you want to catch up to, if youre talking about those who buy mcoins rarely then catching up isnt that hard but if youre talking about "whales" who have every single book etc then its in terms of years 

4 hours ago, TheCaster said:

It's a pay to win game. I'm sorry but anyone who says otherwise is sugar coating it. No offense implied. 

There's no shame in calling it like it is. 

it depends on how you define a game to be pay to win because you cant directly buy gear or books with mcoins so you either have to transform mcoins into gold which might or might not take time or just use mcoins to make it so you can try to get lucky and spam dungeons continuously

Both TheCaster and Jcbreff are telling the truth. You can thrive in the game if your free to play. I generally spend little on cosmetics from chests but if I get stuff like runes I sell them because they are worth a pretty penny.

I'll say that you can have a lot of fun of this game for free. Leveling is pretty easy, and you will get lvl 30 pretty fast.

But at some point, the game becomes very hard to play, especially if you're a lone wolf. Mobs hits like a truck, and withstand a lot of hits.

And at some point, you'll be looking for teamates to play the dongeon. And you will get rejected by them, since you do not reach the stats requirements.

You will end up farming pelion/t3 quests for 10k/20k a day, until you can afford the gear/signs. And it will take a lof of time.

4 hours ago, Aglaophotis said:

I'll say that you can have a lot of fun of this game for free. Leveling is pretty easy, and you will get lvl 30 pretty fast.

But at some point, the game becomes very hard to play, especially if you're a lone wolf. Mobs hits like a truck, and withstand a lot of hits.

And at some point, you'll be looking for teamates to play the dongeon. And you will get rejected by them, since you do not reach the stats requirements.

You will end up farming pelion/t3 quests for 10k/20k a day, until you can afford the gear/signs. And it will take a lof of time.

I took my time and I will say. Reputation quests are a pain in my butt

• 7 months later...

No no no

have no espend any $ and have save enough gold to buy equipment and ampy some stuff

you can buy coins for some thigs but, you don't wanna play? I'm new here and I think this game is fun even without paying

have fun

hmm... the topic is old, but yes the game is pay to win and free to play, but you must understand that pay to win is as the sentence says it is to pay to have power-ups and progress faster in the game, for that they have not put in any $ it is possible to continue playing it I have not been able to put in due to political and economic problems in my country, but I have progressed a lot, there are also game themes that involve both types of players such as mermen points or knowledge talents that will understand it playing the game xD, gold is achieved in many ways because it is common to farm bosses, do missions, go to dungeons, go to boss events, and with the new daily gift system you can save pay 2 win objects such as repairs, teleports, potions, stamina.

On 7/5/2021 at 3:15 PM, Aglaophotis said:

Being lvl 13-20 in second island it's difficult if, like me, you play mainly alone. Hope I can survive 🙂😅

• 1 year later...

Tbh it´s alot easier now to upgrade your character without spending alot. With alot of high gold and fast to do quests, constant dg events etc. All you need to do is get to a high lvl, join a somewhat active guild, and it´s mostly a matter of time until you score some big drop from dg and snowball from that; better gears, more dg invs, more drops etc. And not to forget you can get really lucky and score a book drop that can instantly pay for basically full upgrades for your character. The games moved alot to a better direction for free to play people over the last couple years. Main thing I´d suggest is trying to seek out an active guild, daily events alone are a pretty decent source of income, with the said chance of big ticket items being dropped.

Edited by vavavi

4 hours ago, Shadowmon said:

It is a mobile game. Lol You can't easily farm for the main things you need to get stronger.

You can. 

Gold is easily gotten but spheres and imps are harder to get. 

It's easy to farm stuff especially during events 

4 hours ago, Drakoslayd said:

You can. 

Gold is easily gotten but spheres and imps are harder to get. 

It's easy to farm stuff especially during events 

Sirr, how do I farm signs so I won't lose my gear?

30 minutes ago, Shadowmon said:

Sirr, how do I farm signs so I won't lose my gear?

Dungeons and bosses have imp signs as a drop but are fairly rare. 

You can also just farm gold and buy imp signs from whales aswell

On 6/5/2023 at 8:49 PM, slavaukdemnt said:

Let's not forget about trying to find teammates for dungeons. This can be a real challenge, especially if your stats aren't up to par. Rejection after rejection can be depressing, to say the least. I have yet to give up trying to find a better game, reading reviews almost every week, looking for something of my own. You end up having to do lower level quests for paltry rewards in order to save up for better gear and upgrades. It seems to take forever to accumulate enough in-game currency to afford anything substantial.

Bot/hacked account detected. Ban. 🔨

Edited by Jcbref
Removed link from quote

On 6/7/2023 at 8:42 PM, Drakoslayd said:

Dungeons and bosses have imp signs as a drop but are fairly rare. 

You can also just farm gold and buy imp signs from whales aswell

Long story short. F2p need p2w/p2p players to get strong. Got it!

1 hour ago, Shadowmon said:

Long story short. F2p need p2w/p2p players to get strong. Got it!

Well if it wasn't for Whales the game would have closed down a long time ago. 

You don't necessarily need to buy imp signs but it's just more convenient. 

On 6/12/2023 at 9:10 PM, Drakoslayd said:

Well if it wasn't for Whales the game would have closed down a long time ago. 

You don't necessarily need to buy imp signs but it's just more convenient. 

Well you do. Or else many will noy be +5.