CHARMER in gvgs

first i would like to praise the work that was done with the charmers in the last update. @Holmes @Akasha @Nolan

Charmers are a very populous class on the legion side, but with the launch of the gvg mermen last year the class lost its place in larger guilds. this is due to the fact that the class has no reliable use or damage in the area, which does not help in gvgs.

I talked to other charmer players, and the class is already at the limit between acceptable and OP in other game content.

charmer sup was very good with the buff in the blessing and the demonic pact ability, being able to put several passes in the pt.

charmer tank for me it's still not a good option, but it's better than before

charmer dmg improved a lot, giving pets reliable damage and area damage. besides the reduction of the wolf's recharge, allowing you to have more freedom when crossing the maps

but for gvg, none of these features are important. moreover we cannot count on pets in a gvg, as they die very quickly.

what I propose here is simple, add the demonic pact ability, the ability to do a little damage when any of your pets die.

maybe that doesn't help so much, but it would be better than we have today.

Demonic Pact
increases the life time of monsters summoned by the challenge and chaos aid skills, and reduces the damage they receive for the duration of the skill.

when a monster buffeted by this ability dies it deals 50% of its attack power and magic power as damage over a 2m area.

Edited by Rhaast

13 hours ago, Rhaast said:

Demonic Pact
increases the life time of monsters summoned by the challenge and chaos aid skills, and reduces the damage they receive for the duration of the skill.

when a monster buffeted by this ability dies it deals 50% of its attack power and magic power as damage over a 2m area.

so you're suggesting to have them explode dealing damage basing on how thier attacks are? as example the wolf will cause an physical damage explosion while the chaos bird an magic one? 

1 hour ago, lore said:

so you're suggesting to have them explode dealing damage basing on how thier attacks are? as example the wolf will cause an physical damage explosion while the chaos bird an magic one? 

Yeah, i guess, that's what i understood

Edited by Khrone

1 hour ago, lore said:

the intent is damage use both your DD atk and your magic atk. 

so the dmg charmer would not be much superior to the support charmer.

1k DD atk = 500 dmg.

1k magic atk = 500 dmg 

500 dd atk + 500 magic atk = 500 dmg

all buildings would be close together.

Maybe instead of this unnecessary buff of the Demonic Pact, the developers should really strengthen the Otherworldly Fire? This skill is more useless, although it is intended for massive battles. The damage is negligible, the cooldown is large, the chance of stun is also small. If something else is added to the demonic pact, the power of other effects from it will most likely be lowed. The problem of the Charmer in massive battles, first of all, is the lack of good massive control  or useful massive buffs.

1 hour ago, Darkdogyy said:

Maybe instead of this unnecessary buff of the Demonic Pact, the developers should really strengthen the Otherworldly Fire? This skill is more useless, although it is intended for massive battles. The damage is negligible, the cooldown is large, the chance of stun is also small. If something else is added to the demonic pact, the power of other effects from it will most likely be lowed. The problem of the Charmer in massive battles, first of all, is the lack of good massive control  or useful massive buffs.

the problem is to give the charmer another stun, it is already a class with a complete combo of stuns.  the damage eh really think it should be better.

charmer is very strong at the moment in pve and arenas, and this makes it difficult when making adjustments for gvgs

3 minutes ago, Rhaast said:

the problem is to give the charmer another stun, it is already a class with a complete combo of stuns.  the damage eh really think it should be better.

charmer is very strong at the moment in pve and arenas, and this makes it difficult when making adjustments for gvgs

Do not forget that it is impossible to pump all the skills, you always have to sacrifice something.

26 minutes ago, Darkdogyy said:

Do not forget that it is impossible to pump all the skills, you always have to sacrifice something.

a charmer could level the 3 stuns, or leave the stone at 3/4 and pass 2/4, it would have a good cure and a lot of stun, I don’t think it would be balanced.

1 hour ago, Rhaast said:

a charmer could level the 3 stuns, or leave the stone at 3/4 and pass 2/4, it would have a good cure and a lot of stun, I don’t think it would be balanced.

If we give even more massive damage skills to the charmer, in your opinion, he will be balanced? Your proposal will give the charmer absolutely nothing useful for the GvG.

51 minutes ago, Darkdogyy said:

If we give even more massive damage skills to the charmer, in your opinion, he will be balanced? Your proposal will give the charmer absolutely nothing useful for the GvG.

the damage of the skill would not be massive, the idea is that it is something small, but that it exists.

it is difficult to say what charmer could win to become good in gvgs, without becoming OP in other content, after all charmer is a complete class. the only reason not to work on gvgs is because their damage comes mainly from pets, and we can't count on pets in a gvg.

this change would try to make up for the failure of pets in a scenario of many targets, which is where the charmer has difficulties.
whether it would be enough? probably not, but as i already said, it would be better than nothing.