Death Knight

I would like to save if this compilation is good for dk

- Called 4/4

- Aura of Hate 4/4

- Blood Protection 4/4

Build focused on Tank, my dk currently works as a dmg, but I was very frustrated with the result, especially when compared to the Chief who does everything much better, honestly I'm almost leaving the class, I'm freeplay and I've already spent a lot of gold on my dk and never achieved the results I wanted. I would also like to know if vampirism is really necessary, it is very expensive for me to be putting it on my dk and if the current secret reserve is worth it.

5 hours ago, AntraxXL said:

I would like to save if this compilation is good for dk

- Called 4/4

- Aura of Hate 4/4

- Blood Protection 4/4

there really isn't any other build that you could go with for tanking and any dk that try to find something else eventually comes to the conclusion that this is the only decent build to go with, its not that great of a build to being with... but its what we have

my dk currently works as a dmg, but I was very frustrated with the result, especially when compared to the Chief who does everything much better

dk is not a damaging class and this goes without saying that a class that meant to deal damage would do better than dk however when a class that is not meant to tank do better than dk, that's when we have a problem

I would also like to know if vampirism is really necessary, it is very expensive for me to be putting it on my dk and if the current secret reserve is worth it.

recovering for dk is a really bad problem, we either gotta chose between getting hit 10% of our health for 15 seconds of life steal, or getting healed every 2 minutes without a way of reducing that time

- having said all that, life steal is really important for dk. giving the aoe capability of the class, getting some life steal could never hurt!

8 hours ago, Ogull said:

its not that great of a build to being with... but its what we have

Since 2 years ago... 

4 hours ago, Filipe Ramon said:

I agree with @Ogull, among all the constructions this is the one that works best for a full tank.

Not "one" but rather "only". There is no other build a death knight can go for that's remotely close to it... Trust me I tried. Death knight as far as a class go relies 100% on a support healing to keep it going.

looking at what our colleagues are capable of in term of healing with the barbarian healing that relies on Max health(which for a tank, Max health is a given), the paladin healing or the warden healing that requires block ( also, for a tank that's a given) their requirements to be useful, their cool down, duration and everything about them trump what a death knight have in anyway

48 minutes ago, Ogull said:

looking at what our colleagues are capable of in term of healing with the barbarian healing that relies on Max health(which for a tank, Max health is a given), the paladin healing or the warden healing that requires block ( also, for a tank that's a given) their requirements to be useful, their cool down, duration and everything about them trump what a death knight have in anyway

Well, we still have our "healing" skills

• One of them tries to kill you
  • The other one saves you only 1 time and that's it (no surprise why it is called "Reserves")