[2021.05.18] The "Monsters' Notes" story contest

• Developer

monsters_stories_1200x630.png

Dear friends!

The 13th year of confrontation in Arinar is coming to an end, which means that the time has come to supplement the chronicles, to honor which we are announcing the launch of the "Monsters' Notes" story contest!

I am so sick of these miniature heroes with toothpicks! They always spoil all my plans! How do they even manage that?! As soon as I try to enslave and give the eternal torment of the underworld some universe, they are already right there! And eternally united and fearless, as if they have as many lives as they could ever need! Defenders of Arinar, darn them! What kind of heroes would they be if I didn't want to take over their pitiful world !? Fishermen and farmers! But not heroes! And what kind of conqueror of worlds can I consider myself if I could not break the will of such primitive creatures. But this is not the end, my wounds will heal, and the countless hordes of my beasts are hungry as never before, and I will return! I will be back, for this is what the White Wanderer willed: to fill the chronicle of times with worthy victories of the children of the spear! 

Once defeated demon... 

Terms of the contest:

Your task is to write a short story on behalf of a monster that once lived in the lands of Arinar. This must necessarily be a negative character, for example, Demonologist, Orcinus, Pontifex or just Woodlouse from the Mermen Dungeon. The story should be related to the confrontation between the defenders of Arinar and this creature. You can tie your story into existing lore or come up with something of your own.

The selection of winners will be based on the following criteria: 

• Chosen topic
  • The use of literary techniques, how fully the emotions are conveyed
  • Uniqueness and catchiness
  • The structure of the story: beginning / background, opening, climax and conclusion

Rules of writing the story:

Try to fit your story into 5000-6000 characters. Less is possible, more is not recommended. But if your inspiration has woken up, and your story requires more space, then you are welcome, this will not affect the result in any way.

The text may not contain:

• Obscene language, even in a veiled form
  • Discussion of political and national topics
  • Description of actions of sexual nature.
  • Insulting non-fictional characters (players, other people)
  • Plagiarism

And remember: 1 player — 1 submission!

Submissions that break any of these points will not be admitted to the contest.

How to participate in the competition?

To enter the competition, you must post your story in a separate thread in this section. Also, your publication should indicate the nickname of your character and the server, so that in case of victory, we could send you a well-deserved reward. 

Rewards for victors:

For the authors of the most interesting stories, we have prepared wonderful gifts:

1st place - Coupon for 10.000 miracle coins with a 60% discount on any goods in the Miracle Shop + 50 elixirs of seeker’s endurance 

2nd place - Coupon for 8.000 miracle coins with a 60% discount on any goods in the Miracle Shop + 40 elixirs of seeker’s endurance 

3rd place - Coupon for 6.000 miracle coins with a 60% discount on any goods in the Miracle Shop + 30 elixirs of seeker’s endurance 

Also, as an incentive prize, we will highlight various nominations with pleasant awards, so absolutely everyone can win!

The competition will run until 31/05/2021. It will take us some time to get acquainted with all the works, so within a week after the end of the competition, we will announce the decision of our jury.

We wish you inspiration and good luck!

• Holmes changed the title to [2021.05.18] The "Monsters' Notes" story contest
  • Holmes pinned this topic
On 5/15/2021 at 11:50 AM, Holmes said:

You can tie your story into existing lore or come up with something of your own.

So I can create a monster from imagination not just on game?

while others are spamming dungeons i will be writing lore 

This should take less effort than that guide contest :panda7:

On 5/15/2021 at 12:50 PM, Holmes said:

5000-6000 characters

with or without spaces

On 5/15/2021 at 1:50 PM, Holmes said:

60% discount on any goods in the Miracle Shop

Hi, just wanted clarify. 

This is 60% discount on one type of item or just a single purchase of item. 

Let's say signs cost 469 coins and with this coupon they'll be 469 - (60% of 469) = 188 coins per set? 

Also does this coupon apply to items on discount everyday? 

Please correct me if I'm wrong. 

Thank you! 

:huh:

Edited by TheCaster

• Developer
14 часов назад, Ahmedic сказал:

So I can create a monster from imagination not just on game?

No, the monster must be from our game.

17 минут назад, TheCaster сказал:

This is 60% discount on one type of item or just a single purchase of item. 

This discount applies to any product, the main thing is that the purchase amount corresponds to the coupon size. That is, you can buy for example Signs of Imperishability, Seeker's Stamina Elixirs and Books of Oblivion with a 60% discount.

20 минут назад, TheCaster сказал:

Also does this coupon apply to items on discount everyday? 

This coupon does not apply to daily discounts.

3 minutes ago, Holmes said:

This discount applies to any product, the main thing is that the purchase amount corresponds to the coupon size. That is, you can buy for example Signs of Imperishability, Seeker's Stamina Elixirs and Books of Oblivion with a 60% discount.

Thank you.
Also How long is the coupon applicable for and is there a limit to the number of sets? 
Example: 100 set signs, 100 set seekers can be purchased at the same time with this discount?

• Developer
51 минуту назад, TheCaster сказал:

Also How long is the coupon applicable for and is there a limit to the number of sets? 
Example: 100 set signs, 100 set seekers can be purchased at the same time with this discount?

There is no limit on the number of sets. You can buy either Signs of Imperishability for the full amount or Items for Quests, there is no difference. Items will be credited through the administration, so it is advisable to do this immediately after the announcement of the results.

Sheesh I got so into writing I could make a whole book :panda7: my story has "12658 Without White Space" characters  according to charcounter. Can I submit it or should I think about a shorter one xd?

Edited by Higgings
Please, use normal sized letters

On 5/18/2021 at 11:54 PM, Jcbreff said:

while others are spamming dungeons i will be writing lore 

This should take less effort than that guide contest :panda7:

with or without spaces

Good luck brother, hope the best for you 😁

On 5/19/2021 at 11:57 PM, SpencerB said:

Sheesh I got so into writing I could make a whole book :panda7: my story has "12658 Without White Space" characters  according to charcounter. Can I submit it or should I think about a shorter one xd?

my story has got currently 15k characters. It's at chapter 2 and at half of the story. This is what happens when you misread "characters" with "words". heh... :vp-hehe:

I'm having fun in writing it. I will post it nevertheless, even if it's possible that it won't be the winner due to not being following one of the terms. I shall feel as the winner if people will appreciate its content. 

UPD: little correction: It has now got 22k characters... 

On 5/15/2021 at 5:50 PM, Holmes said:

more is not recommended. But if your inspiration has woken up, and your story requires more space, then you are welcome, this will not affect the result in any way.

Seems like it will be fine @Higgings

4 hours ago, Miraimomo said:

Seems like it will be fine @Higgings

That's indeed what made me keep going with my story