Weapons Passives

Khrone

Thinking about weapons that aren't used too much and inspired by @nilozero's topic on Portuguese Forum, i decided to do this.

Notes:

"1H" = One-Handed

"2H" = Two-Handed

• Shields: +15% Physical and Magical Defense.

(The only weapon that has a special passive)

• Daggers: 2.5% Penetration (each)

• 1H Swords: +2.5% Attack Speed (each)

• 1H Axes: +2.5% Parry (each)

• 1H Maces: +2.5% Magical Damage (each)

Spoiler

Maybe i should swap the Swords and Axes passive?

• 2H Swords: +5% Attack Speed

• 2H Axes: +5% Parry

• 2H Maces: +5% Magical Damage

• Spears: +5% Penetration

Spoiler

Plot twist: Spears are Two-Handed Daggers

• Staff: +10% Magical Damage

• Bow: +5% Attack Speed 

• Crossbow: +5% Physical Damage

What do you guys think?

Axes, historically, CANNOT parry. Instead they should penetrate armor 

Let me explain why. The axe head isn't large enough and there isn't a handguard to protect the hand so if you tried to parry you would loose fingers 

5 minutes ago, Drakoknight said:

Axes, historically, CANNOT parry. Instead they should penetrate armor 

Let me explain why. The axe head isn't large enough and there isn't a handguard to protect the hand so if you tried to parry you would loose fingers 

Warspear is Warspear :teehee-crazy-rabbit-emoticon:

6 minutes ago, Khrone said:

Warspear is Warspear :teehee-crazy-rabbit-emoticon:

Still. Parrying with axes doesn't make sense. Instead axes should have increased armor penetration and daggers should have increased accuracy due to how small they are

but why we should have that? any reasoning behind the stats bonuses of each weapon?

the reasoning behind the 15% bonuses from the shields are due that only the stats of the shield would not allow for an deffence increase worth of it, thats why it has been made that way (from what i see) 

Edited by lore

Actually I find the idea fine as some weapons are already forgotten; like this even new item builds will be brought to the game. However, I'm not sure about the usefulness of attack speed since almost all physical damagers can hit the cap without it. Maybe you can change some of them to accuracy(like 1h ones,

I guess 2h ones are fine) and even swap some of the passives. For example: accuracy for daggers, penetration for axes and parry for swords.:vp-looking:

Edited by Clarissa

2 hours ago, lore said:

but why we should have that? any reasoning behind the stats bonuses of each weapon?

To make each weapon even more unique, since there are some that aren't used too much.

2 hours ago, lore said:

the reasoning behind the 15% bonuses from the shields are due that only the stats of the shield would not allow for an deffence increase worth of it, thats why it has been made that way (from what i see) 

A lv 30 one increases 1K defense :christmascandy:

Edited by Khrone

2 hours ago, Khrone said:

A lv 30 one increases 1K defense :christmascandy:

do you know how much 1k deff does at high levels? also that 1k is achivable by having the shield with either deffence rune (physical) at low amp or have it at +10, still not eught for the levels u find out by itself, making the 15% still nedded on my point of view

2 hours ago, Khrone said:

To make each weapon even more unique, since there are some that aren't used too much.

yeah it makes sense, but i dont agree much due to the staffs, i think it would be better something like 5% skillcooldown but also adding an new type of weapon for the casters wich is aimed on stuff like crits

Edited by lore

1 minute ago, lore said:

but also adding an new type of weapon for the casters

It would be good to have Spell Books, weapons with high Cooldown but low Magical Damage :christmascandy:

34 minutes ago, Khrone said:

It would be good to have Spell Books, weapons with high Cooldown but low Magical Damage :christmascandy:

Unfortunately magic damage is already rather low even with staffs, and considering how inefficient high cooldown is...
I'd find it pretty interesting regardless though, maybe the spell book could be 1h or the new weapon could be a wand or orb.

6 minutes ago, rafa9876 said:

Unfortunately magic damage is already rather low even with staffs, and considering how inefficient high cooldown is...
I'd find it pretty interesting regardless though, maybe the spell book could be 1h or the new weapon could be a wand or orb.

I think staffs and swords should be buffed. Staffs should get high dmg, wands could have fast speed, like daggers, and spellbooks could be an offhand item