Forsaken Class Suggestion: Illusionist

Khrone

Illusionist

The Illusionists are warriors that uses dirty tricks against enemies, like getting invisible, deceive them into attacking clones, etc. They can use their tricks offensively or defensively (or sometimes both), depending on what they need at the moment. They also use enchanted blades to penetrate both types of enemies' defense: physical and magical.

Weapons: Daggers, One-Handed Swords and One-Handed Axes.

Armor: Leather and Heavy.

Role: Mixed damage, melee combat, enemy deceit, single-target.

Skills:

Stab: Deals increased physical damage to the enemy. If used during the effect of "Enchanted Blades", deals extra magical damage based on character's physical damage.

Dancing Swords: Deals magic damage according to the character's physical damage to enemies within 1 meter of the character.

Every basic attack during the effect deals an extra hit that deals physical damage

Illusion: Creates a clone that taunts the enemy. The clone has the same stats as the character but has half of the damage. The clone deals basic attacks to enemies.

Disguise: Makes the enemy unable to attack the character and increases character's Energy Regeneration.

Shadow Travel: The character gets invisible for some time and increases the Skill Recharge parameter.

Expert Skills:

Great Trick: Creates a clone that taunts enemies in a few yards around it and heals the character according to part of the damage received by the clone. After some time or after dying, the clone explodes and stuns the enemies. 

Enchanted Blades: Increases Attack Speed. Every basic attacks dealt by the character during the effect deals an extra hit that deals magical damage based on character's physical damage.

If there are clones summoned by the Illusion skill on the battlefield, they also take the effect.
Constant energy consumption skill.

Protective Phantasm: Creates a shield that absorbs some damage according to the quantity of enemies in a few yards around the character, but no more than a certain amount of the character's HP

Thorned Spirit: Highly increases the Retribution parameter.

If there are any clones alive at the battlefield, they also take the effect of the skill.

Otherword Connection: Changes position with a party member or minion and decreases part of the damage received by both.

Edited by Khrone

Sounds like a class I would hate fighting against xD

It definitely sounds very original so I would be happy with something like this if it were to be added as is.
Also a class that actually wants to stack Retribution? Nice.
Although I'd prefer a class that can transform, it could be harder to balance and implement so...

The skills could be called "Protective Phantasm", "Thorned Spirit" and "Otherworld Connection"
Assuming you are going for a ghostly theme, they don't particularly suit the illusion theme but hey, it would be a forsaken class so.

27 minutes ago, rafa9876 said:

Although I'd prefer a class that can transform, it could be harder to balance and implement so...

I created a topic about it too lol

28 minutes ago, rafa9876 said:

Assuming you are going for a ghostly theme, they don't particularly suit the illusion theme but hey, it would be a forsaken class so.

It was based on this year spring event (Animagic and Illusion)

Illusionist's Builds:

PvE (Tank + Damager Build):

Spoiler
  • Illusion 5/5
  • Dancing Blades 5/5
  • Any other skill 3/5
  • Great Trick 1/4
  • Protective Phantasm 4/4
  • Thorned Spirit or Otherworld Connection  4/4
  • Enchanted Blades 4/4

It would be kinda bad as a tank tbh

PvP:

Spoiler

Shadow Travel 5/5

Illusion or Disguise 5/5

Disguise or Illusion 3/5

Great Trick 4/4

Thorned Spirit 4/4

Any other skill 4/4

Conclusion: I need to think about better skills.

The illusion theme actually makes it pretty easy to come up with multiple skills.

They just need to be balanced, possible, and fit the game in some way. 

Just now, rafa9876 said:

The illusion theme actually makes it pretty easy to come up with multiple skills.

They just need to be balanced, possible, and fit the game in some way. 

I was trying to create a Tank + Melee Physical DD like BD but i guess it didn't work well.

Do you think it should be just a normal Physical DD like Seeker/Rogue or i just need to think more about the skills?

1 minute ago, Khrone said:

I was trying to create a Tank + Melee Physical DD like BD but i guess it didn't work well.

Do you think it should be just a normal Physical DD like Seeker/Rogue or i just need to think more about the skills?

Unlike elf side who had a semi tank before getting warden (the bladedancer) forsaken actually has a really good tank (death knight, even though he could use some buffs) so I really don't think they should get another tank. Unless you make it a really unique one, and I think you were on a good way to make it unique.

And I agree with full physical as not a single class in forsaken uses physical only, although it could be thematically accurate for the undead to be using magic all the time so...
Conclusion, thinking more about the skills is the way to go.

6 minutes ago, rafa9876 said:

Unless you make it a really unique one, and I think you were on a good way to make it unique.

On PvE, the Illusionist would more "deceive mobs into attacking a clone" than actually tank, so idk...

Better to keep all interactions global between clones. As in, the clones are always the same thing and follow the same rules except they perform an additional action depending on the skill that summoned them. And they will copy other skills either normally, with reduced efficiency, with no actual effect or not at all.

Also I just remembered that big warspear battles already get quite cluttered these days, not sure how clones would influence that.

9 minutes ago, rafa9876 said:

Better to keep all interactions global between clones. As in, the clones are always the same thing and follow the same rules except they perform an additional action depending on the skill that summoned them. And they will copy other skills either normally, with reduced efficiency, with no actual effect or not at all.

What do you mean?

I guess i'll decrease the number of interactions to 1 or 2 skills

Edited by Khrone

• Khrone changed the title to Forsaken Class Suggestion: Illusionist