Looking for change

Dk is outdated class that need some love. I m looking for change bcs dk right now doesnt give much value in any scenario . If this was game of chess dk would be pawn. So lets start discussion

Dk as tank: 

Dk was great tank back in 2017-2018 but noe its not even close of being "good". Many ppl hope for defansive buff but we just got magic dmg that doesn help at all and saturation that doesnt  cost hp after u lose certain amount of hp. If u compare dks defensive skill to some others there is a huge difference. Dk have blood protection that last for 8 sec on max lvl. 8 sec!!!! There are dmgers class that have better def skills (chief,mage) than dk. Dark shield is only "good" def skill that dk have and it isnt bcs how much dmg it reduce but how long buff stays.If u go for secret reserves u lose some better stats for just 1 skill that activates once in 2 mins and tbh even when its activated 1 crit and u are done +if u go in group how many times does it activate ? Maybe once bcs some1 lagged. If u are new player that want to be tank dont go for dk bcs there are much better options.

Dk as magic damager:

For real devs ? Why should u go for magic dk ? Its just option for some dks that dont want to lvl up chieftain so that u dont need to waste time lvling up. As new player dont even try it there is chief that does much better than this outdated char . But for real why is this even an option? But ngl it looks good on paper but in  game it isnt.

Arena dk :

Dk in arena doesnt have much value. Why ? I would rather have +7 barb than +10 dk in arena and reason is simple. U dont  do anything in arena beside u can pull enemies  to ur team. Nothing else. Without pull u are like little better charm wolf that can stun 1guy and have extra life(reserves). I noticed ppl jusþ ignore me in arena cause i dont bring any value in arena . U cant take heavy hits like barb or pala or do good dmg . 0 crowd control skills and aoe dmg  is really bad . In 1v1 it takes u 2 min to kill some1 and if u fail ur stun its gg u die in 5 secs (or 6-7 if u have reserves) .

Mass fights dk:

Now u think that dk can give some value in mass fights with all aoe dmg skill he have. But for real it doesnt do much . U can do some dmg  with curse ( u dont have control of where fire will be) and  with steel hurricane but if u go for magic dmg it doesnt give good value . If u want to make dk for mass fight just dont there are so many better options like sham/chief/lock/hunter even barb with max roar gives better value than dk.

Edited by Santa Claus

42 minutes ago, Santa Claus said:

we just got magic dmg that doesn help at all

What about a Vampirism build that includes Saturation? :piggy:

44 minutes ago, Santa Claus said:

But ngl it looks good on paper but in  game it isnt.

Knight's Curse dealing more than 1K% of the magical damage at total tho

45 minutes ago, Santa Claus said:

U dont dont do anything in arena beside u can pull enemies  to ur team.

There is also Exhalation of Darkness, Blow of Silence and Sharp Shadow.

But yeah, DK needs some reworks/buffs

Exhalation is easily resisted, Sharp Shadow is pretty crap and is easily dodged (idk if blocked) and Blow of Silence isn't good against BladeDancers, Rogues and chiefs (in arena), Wardens, and Seekers

7 hours ago, Khrone said:

What about a Vampirism build that includes Saturation? :piggy:

I mean putting 3 points on saturation doesnt give u much value as the skill will make u lose hp ,i would rather go for vamp relic than waste 40k on saturation . Relics that can give up to 15% vamp without any cost and last 10 sec or skill that can make u lose hp and require 3 points

Knight's Curse dealing more than 1K% of the magical damage at total tho

As i said it looks good on paper but have u tried it in game ? Area is small,skill can be resisted,u cant control it  and u need to wait untill fire start dealing dmg. In pve scenarios its ok skill but if u go in pvp scenario ppl just move away i mean skill on 4/4 need 7 sec to start do dmg and after that it hit every 2 sec. I mean u cant make ppl to stay in fire area .

There is also Exhalation of Darkness, Blow of Silence and Sharp Shadow.

As i said it can stun but its mostly not good enough. I silence bd/ranger/rogue... and what happen ?? Thex does more dmg to me under silence than i can do . And many classes have resist so if u fail stun what can u do ? Not to mention that its hard to stun some1 with defensive stats (dodge/block/parry) when u go againts rogue u cant hit them and ur stuns doesnt give much value.

Edited by Santa Claus

3 hours ago, Santa Claus said:

As i said it looks good on paper but have u tried it in game ?

I have it maxed and i love it, but i'm focused on dealing DMG, not tanking.

The only thing I would change is to have this skill activate the AoE DMG at the same time if the Damage Increase debuff was resisted.

Area is small,skill can be resisted,u cant control it  and u need to wait untill fire start dealing dmg. In pve scenarios its ok skill but if u go in pvp scenario ppl just move away i mean skill on 4/4 need 7 sec to start do dmg and after that it hit every 2 sec. I mean u cant make ppl to stay in fire area .

You can just use Death Call and aggro melee mobs so they all would be around you. It is harder with ranged mobs tho and even harder on PvP, but there are better skills.

However, it is still useful, since you can just stun the enemy:

Threads of Darkness (any level) = 2s root

Exhalation of Darkness (Full) = 4s stun

Sharp Shadow (Full) = 3.5s stun

That gives us 9.5s of control. Since the skill deals damage every 2s, you would hit at least 4 (and maybe 5) ticks of damage.

Considering that it deals 220% of magical damage each tick on 4/4, you would deal between 880-1100% damage. It is a lot.

As i said it can stun but its mostly not good enough. I silence bd/ranger/rogue... and what happen ?? Thex does more dmg to me under silence than i can do . And many classes have resist so if u fail stun what can u do ?

I agree on this part. It's hard to have an offensive PvP when there is Resistance.

Not to mention that its hard to stun some1 with defensive stats (dodge/block/parry) when u go againts rogue u cant hit them and ur stuns doesnt give much value.

If i remember correctly, it's impossible to dodge Steel Hurricane. I don't know about Knight's Curse, but c'mon, who would level up Steel Hurricane in PvP?

Edited by Khrone

21 minutes ago, Khrone said:

root

Exhalation of Darkness (Full) = 4s stun

Sharp Shadow (full) = 3.5s stun

That gives us 9.5s of control. Since the skill deals damage every 2s, you would hit at least 4 (and maybe 5) ticks of damage.

U need to be lucky do pull this out

26 minutes ago, Khrone said:

If i remember correctly, it's impossible to dodge Steel Hurricane

Others too and that give u 100% silence (if it isnt resisted) 

My dk started to be less paper only after I got a mermen set to +10; we have got a problem here if you need the best piece of equipment existing to be somehow good in battle. DK is supposed to take a lot of damage from many foes and to endure, but we have also got no material skill for the "to endure" part xd