Jump to content

Healing Totem: opinions and suggestions.


Vinagre
 Share

Recommended Posts

32 minutes ago, Khrone said:

To compensate that, Sentinels have a lot of buffs in area.

* Buff elf side in group *

 

*Priest*

 

* Aura of value *

 

Increases the group's physical and magic damage

 

 

*Paladin*

 

* Aura of light *

 

Increases increases healing for the whole group

 

* Defense of light *

Increases defense for everyone in the group

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Khrone said:

To compensate that, Sentinels have a lot of buffs in area.

 

in terms of area cure. sentinels are also behind.
 
totem do xama is more efficient when it comes to area healing.
 
area curing on the sentinel side, are not periodic. fails to last 0.5%. redemption just to use 1x and charge in 40s
 
Templar healing depends on being able to stun, so you can activate your healing.
 
1000 Druid heals 1x and charges 24 sec.
 
totem of the legion. heals 1000 with healing buff. every 2 to 3 seconds for 13 to 14s that and efficiency
Edited by Khrone
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Dono da verdade said:

* Power of darkness *

 

Increases the group's whole hp for some time.

 

 

*Boss*

 

* Pack power *

 

Increases resistance of the whole group.

These skills doesn't affect the whole group, you need to select to use it on yourself or an ally.

 

So you only consider the other 3.

 

And i think you changed "Earth Strength" to "Power of Darkness".

 

10 minutes ago, Dono da verdade said:

*Priest*

 

* Aura of value *

 

Increases the group's physical and magic damage

 

 

*Paladin*

 

* Aura of light *

 

Increases increases healing for the whole group

 

* Defense of light *

Increases defense for everyone in the group

 

Harad's Banner also increases the damage done by allies in its radius of effect and the new Secret Link increases Penetration.

 

3 from Legion vs 5 from Sentinels

 

I could consider Templar's Deity Statue as a "damage reduction" for allies or Branded by the Sun as a healing, but i won't because they have special mechanics.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Dono da verdade said:

I did a survey.

legion wins in this regard too

 

* Buff side MC in group *

 

*Shaman*

 

* Tribal tirual *

 

Increases attack speed and critical damage for the entire group.

 

* Energy field *

 

Increases energy regeneration,

The rate of energy regeneration,

Increases cooldown time for the entire group.

 

* Power of darkness *

 

Increases the group's whole hp for some time.

 

 

*Chief*

 

* Pack power *

 

Increases resistance of the whole group.

 

 

* Necro *

 

* Dark power *

 

Increases the group's physical and magic damage

 

 

This is wrong on so many levels...

 

Please look into those skills descriptions and how they actually work.

 

You are mistaken.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, Dono da verdade said:

I did a survey.

legion wins in this regard too

 

* Buff side MC in group *

 

*Shaman*

 

* Tribal tirual *

 

Increases attack speed and critical damage for the entire group.

 

* Energy field *

 

Increases energy regeneration,

The rate of energy regeneration,

Increases cooldown time for the entire group.

 

* Power of darkness *

 

Increases the group's whole hp for some time.

 

 

*Chief*

 

* Pack power *

 

Increases resistance of the whole group.

 

 

* Necro *

 

* Dark power *

 

Increases the group's physical and magic damage

tribal ritual works only for 1 ally, as well as divine assistance from the priest;

 

energy field is correct, but there is a limit of players that can be benefited, like every skill in the game area;

 

eath power ( shaman skill) increases the hp of only 1 friendly target, functioning as paladin's prayer, power of darkness do not exist.

 

support of the pack, chieftain skill removes the negative effects (1,2,3,4) of only 1 chosen ally and adds an immunity effect to group controls, the same function as the ennoblement of mages;

 

dark power increases the damage of the group members, does not increase the amount of hp of them, same function as the aura of value of priests; 

 

ps: the only two area buff skills on the legion side are dark power and energy field, all other buffs are single or individual targets of each class

 

Edited by Rhaast
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, Dono da verdade said:

* Buff elf side in group *

 

*Priest*

 

* Aura of value *

 

Increases the group's physical and magic damage

 

 

*Paladin*

 

* Aura of light *

 

Increases increases healing for the whole group

 

* Defense of light *

Increases defense for everyone in the group

 buffs aoe for sentinels 

 

aura of value that adds physical and magical damage to allies in the group;

 

templar with his daity statue ( damage reduction)

 

paladin with light defense increases physical and magical defense

paladin with light aura increases the healing done

 

druid with secret link adds penetration

Edited by Rhaast
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Rhaast said:

 buffs aoe for sentinels 

 

aura of value that adds physical and magical damage to allies in the group;

 

templar with his daity statue ( damage reduction)

 

paladin with light defense increases physical and magical defense

 

druid with secret link adds penetration

And Harad's Banner lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Khrone said:

And Harad's Banner lol

harad banner is a debuff on enemies that increases the damage taken by them

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Rhaast said:

 

 

aura of value that adds physical and magical damage to allies in the group;

 

templar with his daity statue ( damage reduction)

 

paladin with light defense increases physical and magical defense

 

druid with secret link adds penetration

haha, for u to see the clear imbalance that the sentinels have ...
The templar ability only absorbs automatic attack damage.
The paladin buff is really good, but not feasible to use on 4/4.
The cure and penetration arent good even on 4/4 and with a very high CD.
While only the shaman has an absurd cure and removes 25% penetration, accuracy and critical, however, this is already another scope of the game.

Edited by King Death
I forget a detail
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Dono da verdade said:

 

in terms of area cure. sentinels are also behind.
 
totem do xama is more efficient when it comes to area healing.
 
area curing on the sentinel side, are not periodic. fails to last 0.5%. redemption just to use 1x and charge in 40s
 
Templar healing depends on being able to stun, so you can activate your healing.
 
1000 Druid heals 1x and charges 24 sec.
 
totem of the legion. heals 1000 with healing buff. every 2 to 3 seconds for 13 to 14s that and efficiency

Sentinels have 3 classes with area healing skills.

redemption of priests who can easily cure 1900 without a buff (I can take a print of my priest and prove it) and has a 30s recharge, and can stay in 18s to recharge with a good build of equipment and guild

harad teachings, which can heal every 1s depending on the stunts the templar does, if combined with the flow skill the templar can heal 3x easily in a short time, not to mention other sources of stun templar

secret link, heal group members 

we can also consider the druids' invigorating torrent, it’s an area ability but only heals 1 target

 

''but sentries need 3 classes to give 1 xama''

there are 3 classes that have many other uses besides healing.
templar with damage reduction, stun, silence, slow.
priests with very good area damage due to harad tears, silence, debuffs removal, buffs.
druids with area control (slow tornado and snare from punitive roots)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, King Death said:

haha, for u to see the clear imbalance that the sentinels have ...
The templar ability only absorbs automatic attack damage.
The paladin buff is really good, but not feasible to use on 4/4.
The cure and penetration are fine even on 4/4 and with a very high CD.

Asking again: Then why not asking to buff Sentinels AoE skills instead of asking to nerf the Legion ones?

 

 

Also, some things you (all) didn't consider:

 

Considering that you level up Healing Totem to 4/4, you only have 2 skills left to max.

 

Totem of Weakness

Fire Totem

Tribal Ritual

Energy Field

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Khrone said:

Asking again: Then why not asking to buff Sentinels AoE skills instead of asking to nerf the Legion ones?

Because then you would be creating another problem, and not solving it. How long do you want to drag this huge snowball?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Khrone said:

Asking again: Then why not asking to buff Sentinels AoE skills instead of asking to nerf the Legion ones?

 

 

Also, some things you (all) didn't consider:

 

Considering that you level up Healing Totem to 4/4, you only have 2 skills left to max.

 

Totem of Weakness

Fire Totem

Tribal Ritual

Energy Field

 

 

yes many people forget that you need to organize your skills, and if you don’t spend points on them they will be very weak. 

I particularly think the sentinel side deserves some area debuffing skills, and the templar's daisy statue is an improvement to affect all types of damage, not just automatic attack damage. 

 

well, I'm not trying to mention other classes here, after all the original idea of the post should be about balancing the game in general

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, King Death said:

Because then you would be creating another problem, and not solving it. How long do you want to drag this huge snowball?

So basically, what is the exact problem?

Healing Totem being OP?

The mix of Legion classes being OP?

Sentinels not having good AoE debuff and/or skills to compare themselves to the Legion?

 

Until we don't find out what is the main reason of this discussion, it will last forever.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Khrone said:

So basically, what is the exact problem?

Healing Totem being OP?

The mix of Legion classes being OP?

Sentinels not having good AoE debuff and/or skills to compare themselves to the Legion?

 

Until we don't find out what is the main reason of this discussion, it will last forever.

I believe that not even they know.

in my server's gvgs they are always playing the same way, changing few things, maybe it's time to reinvent themselves, there are not only wizards on the sentinel side

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Khrone said:

So basically, what is the exact problem?

I think you must have already forgotten what you read in the post.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, King Death said:

I think you must have already forgotten what you read in the post.

Ok, so you think the solution is just nerfing the skill?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

arguing with @Dono da verdade and @Vinagre is a complete waste of time, in the ideas discussed in this topic we have already seen that the problems are not the supposed strength of the legion or the "weakness" of the sentinels, but the lack of ability of both to develop better strategies than don't just be based on wizards, countless ideas have already been given, and for all of them @Dono da verdade and @Vinagre make up miserable excuses

Edited by Maly
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Khrone said:

Ok, so you think the solution is just nerfing the skill?

i don't think the solution may be a nerf but a review on how it is working at the META should be done right now.
And even who don't support a nerf, cant actually disagree with facts.
Starting be be comic

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Maly said:

lack of ability of both to develop

lack of ability to stand still spamming AOE? huh?

 

 

9 minutes ago, Maly said:

have already been given,

they have already been used and tested.
You want to stand still spamming area skills while the other side need to do some Olympic level synchronized gymnastics with 100 players?
There is not great strategy / guild build / buffs. 
For the legion its all about stacking buffs and debuffs at the same area, the totem being the main heal buff and thats the discussion.

too easy to say ''its strategy''

it was the same novel back when the mage had stun chance with fire aura.

''you need strategy''....
Dude....
don't even pretend...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

@Vinagreif you think this strategy is so simple, why not use it with the various classes and skills that Sentinels have? or is creating a topic to cry for a guild that has innovated in guild events your best strategy? with each post of yours you just prove that the big problem is you and nothing else.

Edited by Maly
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Vinagre said:

And even who don't support a nerf, cant actually disagree with facts.

 

[the "you" in this sentence shall be considered in a general way and not personally]

 

The only concrete fact I've seen is that people considered a class broken after they put tons of buffs in the equation. Only now you're starting to realize that you shouldn't count them in. It took almost 300 posts but that's progress, I suppose. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Higgings said:

shouldn't count them in.

and why not if we are speaking into a competitive scenario? 

4 hours ago, Maly said:

topic to cry

this is debating, grow up darling. 

 

4 hours ago, Maly said:

you and nothing else.

if you say so lul i guess I'm not the one crying 

just discuss with arguments not personal attacks please? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Vinagre said:

and why not if we are speaking into a competitive scenario? 

 

Here we go again... 

 

1. Because not everyone uses these skills in a competitive scenario. If you nerf that skill just because of that, you'll see other scenarios being influenced as well, and people who use it in other scenarios would see the skill tremendously destroyed. 

 

2. Because buffs are meant to... buff... a certain class. Every single class is strong with buffs (3rd time I say this? That's the basics of the game and one of the most logical things to think of) and considering them when judging a class would make you reach silly/highly biased conclusions

 

3. Every class can be buffed, therefore, if a Shaman must be nerfed because of the buffs it might have on competitive scenarios then every single class must be nerfed because "with castle pots/buffs it's too strong". Silly reasonment. 

 

These are the basics of the game. The day you'll understand this you will actually come up with proper solutions for your problem. Until then, I see a topic full of biased infos. Devs as first won't take it into account if the best you can offer is "we tried many tactics but sham totem is too strong" 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Higgings said:

put tons of buffs in the equation.

plus its not when we have tons of buffs, its when we have those plus many stacks of healing totems, thats the topic.

1 minute ago, Higgings said:

If you nerf that skill just because of that

never asked a nerf for it, just a review on how it work at gvgs/wars.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Vinagre said:

plus its not when we have tons of buffs, its when we have those plus many stacks of healing totems, thats the topic.

 

Without buffs a healing totem would heal less than something like 700~. That if a shamans has got 800~ magic dmg. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Higgings said:

The day you'll understand this

well i don't know what make you feel that you have more knowledge then me in any topic. 

 

4 minutes ago, Higgings said:

we tried many tactics but sham totem is too strong

in fact I'm asking here a true tactic that is possible to be made on the scenario that was shown at the first video.
any that you can try with the sentinels setup is useless, because the area oa damage/healing/debuff seems to be unbeatable.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Vinagre said:

well i don't know what make you feel that you have more knowledge then me in any topic. 

 

Never said I do. I'm telling you that you're reaching biased conclusions judging the posts you write. And you can get it out of logic, and not out of knowledge. 

3 minutes ago, Vinagre said:

any that you can try with the sentinels setup is useless, because the area oa damage/healing/debuff seems to be unbeatable.

 

Perfect choice of word. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators

Their claim seems to be more during a War/GvG situation where there are many totems healing at the same time.

 

They believe it should work differently in a way that one player don't get healed multiple times by multiple totems.

It is definitely something worthy to have a look. 

 

In other hand, changing that could drastically affect the Legion's survivability in these scenarios.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Higgings said:

And you can get it out of logic

well i do play daily, im a guild leader on both factions, iv tried many tactics and so on.
Also i know pretty well almost all of the players from both guilds that were used as exemple.

they are equal in power, maybe Kingdom really have a better organization and strategy, but still Ancestrais has been losing that GvG for over 2 months on strikes.

And since i know how bouth guilds play, and how strong the players of each guild are, and how many different tactics they tried, adding more variety, changing the party's, trying to fish and so, with no positive results. I decided to spent a few days watching all the fights that were recorded and found that the ''defence stack'' that legion can make with healing totem, debuffs, and area dmg, is some defense that cant be broken ...

Edited by Vinagre
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Nolan said:

In other hand, changing that could drastically affect the Legion's survivability in these scenarios.

I don't want that to happen.

 

 

7 minutes ago, Nolan said:

Their claim seems to be more during a War/GvG situation where there are many totems healing at the same time.

 

They believe it should work differently in a way that one player don't get healed multiple times by multiple totems.

It is definitely something worthy to have a look. 

100%

I just suggest to add a buff(max stack:1) so during dungeons, bosses and so, even arenas the Xaman wouldn't even notice de diference.( not a nerf )

Edited by Vinagre
Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, Vinagre said:

100%

I just suggest to add a buff(max stack:1) so during dungeons, bosses and so, even arenas the Xaman wouldn't even notice de diference.( not a nerf )

 

After 300~ posts, Finally a suggestion. I like it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Vinagre said:

and why not if we are speaking into a competitive scenario? 

If it is a competitive scenario, then it means the enemies can use these buffs too :piggy:

 

1 hour ago, Vinagre said:

they are equal in power, maybe Kingdom really have a better organization and strategy, but still Ancestrais has been losing that GvG for over 2 months on strikes.

The funny part is that Healing Totem didn't got changed during this time (never got changed tbh), so why ask to nerf it, change it or whatever, if during the "Golden Age" of ANCESTRAIS, the Totem was the exact same thing as it is now?

 

It's not like Shaman is the only class in Legion, maybe you could consider the new class Chieftain that changed drastically the game, or nerfs/reworks given to Sentinels classes and/or buffs/reworks given to Legion classes on the last update.

 

1 hour ago, Vinagre said:

I just suggest to add a buff(max stack:1) so during dungeons, bosses and so, even arenas the Xaman wouldn't even notice de diference.( not a nerf )

Perfect. And since the Totem gives the effect continuously, not even Mages could dispel it.

 

I would just change it to 2 instead of 1 since in some parties (example: in PvE for dungeons), there are usually 2 healers. 

Edited by Khrone
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Higgings said:

After 300~ posts, Finally a suggestion. I like it. 

but the suggestion was at the start of the topic lul

On 5/2/2021 at 10:37 PM, Vinagre said:

Suggestion for solution:

 

Just as it was done in the Templar with its statue skill, place it so that the healing totem applies a buff (maximum number of buffs: 1) on each player it affects, and a player cannot be affected several times by this healing effect. This would fix the massive area healing that we see and is breaking the game balance.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Vinagre said:

but the suggestion was at the start of the topic lul

 

You might understand that after 350 posts I don't usually tend to read the single post on the top, especially if 349 posts down there are about "sham totem op pls nerf".

 

My apologies. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, Higgings said:

You might understand that after 350 posts I don't usually tend to read the single post on the top, especially if 349 posts down there are about "sham totem op pls nerf".

pretty rare, i don't remind but even myself have failed once, or i think so...

1 hour ago, Khrone said:

Totem was the exact same thing as it is now?

Xama + chief + necro + lock now the combo works.
I only started the topic after realizing that the Templar statute was changed to work with that kind of of buff, so i asked why not?

Edited by Vinagre
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Higgings said:

 

Você deve entender que depois de 350 posts eu normalmente não costumo ler o post único no topo, especialmente se 349 posts lá embaixo são sobre "sham totem op pls nerf".

 

Me desculpe. 

so I couldn't understand what is happening

 

8 hours ago, Nolan said:

A reivindicação deles parece ser mais durante uma situação de Guerra / GvG onde há muitos totens curando ao mesmo tempo.

 

Eles acreditam que deveria funcionar de forma diferente, de forma que um jogador não seja curado várias vezes por vários totens.

É definitivamente algo que vale a pena dar uma olhada. 

 

Por outro lado, mudar isso pode afetar drasticamente a capacidade de sobrevivência da Legião nesses cenários.

sentinel side lives this drastic situation. where we depend on a 40s cooldown cure.

and heals once at 40s.

 we try to survive on that.

 

healing and periodic, more effective side.

look both side and always good

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Nolan said:

Their claim seems to be more during a War/GvG situation where there are many totems healing at the same time.

 

They believe it should work differently in a way that one player don't get healed multiple times by multiple totems.

It is definitely something worthy to have a look. 

 

In other hand, changing that could drastically affect the Legion's survivability in these scenarios.

Nolan, but the game itself is based on GvG and Wars. Player vs. Player is another situation! The game is competitive and the skills and mechanics of the aforementioned ones need to be analyzed. Not only the shaman, but also the warlock, chief and hunter. They are well placed, but their skills are out of the ordinary, as no one had tested it yet, nor in "server test" were they adjusted or used in a faithful way that shows an ideal fit for such occasions!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • The legion's desperation to not have a change is clear, because, you see the wrong role of moderators commenting intensively in an impartial way, for this post of moderators like these we had to make a post in the international forum, because we were not heard in the forum br, if this posture is correct please admit me correct
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...