Raffle

Luiz Del Ducca

Hello development team,
i am here again, now to suggest a new implement in market.

It's nothing really urgent and needed in game,
but sometimes, in us-saphire server, people do some "giveaways", saying in World chat,
for example: Free costume pick a number 1-30.

And that's really not annoying me, as i can just disable chat, i think it is funny and confess i try my "luck" sometimes :pleasantry:.
And i say "luck" cause we dont really know if its fair.

And that come as part of my suggestion, shown in the following image:

Spoiler

editedraffle.thumb.png.0f8d2e66534388f520f7f79805fe9a47.png

- This new Raffle submenu in Market.

Well its based in the raffle game,
someone set an item to be raffled, and anyone else can pay a small amount of gold to take part in the raffle, wich will be summed by all others who's had paied too, and given to the item owner,
after a period, for example of 12 hours, a random number will be drawn, and the person with that number win's the raffle and subsequently the item.

1 hour ago, GalaxyRekt said:

nah. There are players with dozens (if not hundreds...) of accounts. They would probably abuse it.

That is part of the "plan".
for example: i set the grinch costume to be raffled, wich worth 15k in US-sapphire, the minimum bet is 1k, and we have 25 participants, the item price would go 10k higher to the item owner.
and why people would abuse of it, paying more than 1k for a chance to get a simple costume, anyway the item owner would be more beneficieted.

12 minutes ago, Luiz Del Ducca said:

That is part of the "plan".
for example: i set the grinch costume to be raffled, wich worth 15k in US-sapphire, the minimum bet is 1k, and we have 25 participants, the item price would go 10k higher to the item owner.
and why people would abuse of it, paying more than 1k for a chance to get a simple costume, anyway the item owner would be more beneficieted.

Why would they abuse? Maybe they wouldn't abuse to get a simple costume but they definitely would if instead of grinch costume there was some lv32 item or some amplified weapon. Of course, you can set high price to avoid abuse but then less people will participate...