Jump to content

Why multiplayer bots in videogames matter


Recommended Posts

i was thinking on doing a summary,but i'm too tired,to be honest,so,instead,i'll post links of videos that talk about the importance of multiplayer bots of videogames,i suggest you to watch all of them if you want to,and have enough time ¿for MMORPGs? i'm not sure,but i'm open for discuss about it,anyway,here are the links (i'm currently having issues to display the videos instead as showing them as links,if somebody can help me i would be grateful about it)

 

 

 

 

 

 

https://youtu.be/zgc-p79L2cE

 

https://youtu.be/JnZMtX5AEp0

Edited by Rayotenper
problem fixed,thanks higgings (also added a video that was missing and one that i found)
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Rayotenper said:

(i'm currently having issues to display the videos instead as showing them as links,if somebody can help me i would be grateful about it)

 

It's enough waiting for few seconds when posting a youtube link in order to display them as videos instead of links. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Higgings said:

 

It's enough waiting for few seconds when posting a youtube link in order to display them as videos instead of links. 

oh,so after typing everything i have to do is wait? how come i didn't thought about it? thank you

 

edit: sorry,your instructions were obvious and unclear,also,they show as a video RIGHT after i click "edit post" or "post",i tried waiting but it took longer than expected and nothing happened

Edited by Rayotenper
update
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Rayotenper said:

edit: sorry,your instructions were obvious and unclear,also,they show as a video RIGHT after i click "edit post" or "post",i tried waiting but it took longer than expected and nothing happened

 

In this case, go to the YouTube videos from your app or site and copy again the link. Replace then the old link with the new one and it should display the video instead of a link after few seconds. Let me know; I will eventually do it for you if further problems occur. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Higgings said:

 

In this case, go to the YouTube videos from your app or site and copy again the link. Replace then the old link with the new one and it should display the video instead of a link after few seconds. Let me know; I will eventually do it for you if further problems occur. 

okay,thanks

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/4/2021 at 1:20 AM, Higgings said:

 

In this case, go to the YouTube videos from your app or site and copy again the link. Replace then the old link with the new one and it should display the video instead of a link after few seconds. Let me know; I will eventually do it for you if further problems occur. 

again,they only display as a video once i hit edit topic button

 

at this point i don't know what to do

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Nosotraes said:

That really depends on the game. One MMO game that I play has relatively complex mechanics so creating bots there is next to impossible.

as i said,for MMORPGs is needed a discussion,but if you want a good example of a MMORPG who applies it correctly (i beleive) it's Puzzle Pirates,this game adds NPCs on taberns which you can challenge to some minigames

 

If you're a captain of a boat and got no crew,you can simply add a crew filled with NPCs,which is a great addition let me tell you

 

But for multiplayer games,it's not fully necessary to have a campaign,they are on their right to not have a campaign,but it's necessary to have THAT single player option,i just hope you saw at least some of the videos

Link to post
Share on other sites

You see the thing is, currently players will ALWAYS outclass and outsmart bots in every possible way, making bots pretty much useless, especially when you model them after players with player-like gear. The only way this can be averted is to give them massive buffs. Take for example Star Wars: The Old Republic. If you played it, you probably know that you can get NPC companions. The only reason those are relevant is because they receive massive buffs and can effectively out-heal and out-dps you because of those buffs.

 

Another thing is that the point of MMORPG's is to interact with other players. You take away the human element, why even bother with multiplayer in the first place? How will those "players" communicate? Teach them to use world chat properly? Time consuming and very likely not worth it. Have them respond to certain keywords in a certain matter? This can easily be abused. I am not quite sure about economy, but you will likely run into the same problem: too time consuming.

 

I understand your point, and I wouldn't mind having them in-game. It's probably just not going to happen.

 

Besides, we got minions.

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Nosotraes said:

You see the thing is, currently players will ALWAYS outclass and outsmart bots in every possible way, making bots pretty much useless, especially when you model them after players with player-like gear. The only way this can be averted is to give them massive buffs. Take for example Star Wars: The Old Republic. If you played it, you probably know that you can get NPC companions. The only reason those are relevant is because they receive massive buffs and can effectively out-heal and out-dps you because of those buffs.

 

Another thing is that the point of MMORPG's is to interact with other players. You take away the human element, why even bother with multiplayer in the first place? How will those "players" communicate? Teach them to use world chat properly? Time consuming and very likely not worth it. Have them respond to certain keywords in a certain matter? This can easily be abused. I am not quite sure about economy, but you will likely run into the same problem: too time consuming.

 

I understand your point, and I wouldn't mind having them in-game. It's probably just not going to happen.

 

Besides, we got minions.

In very specific tasks bots will be way stronger than human players. Of course it is a very bad idea for a MMORPG but it is totally possible (and actually simple) to build a model that will compete with players on arena, for example.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Nosotraes said:

You see the thing is, currently players will ALWAYS outclass and outsmart bots in every possible way, making bots pretty much useless, especially when you model them after players with player-like gear. The only way this can be averted is to give them massive buffs. Take for example Star Wars: The Old Republic. If you played it, you probably know that you can get NPC companions. The only reason those are relevant is because they receive massive buffs and can effectively out-heal and out-dps you because of those buffs.

 

Another thing is that the point of MMORPG's is to interact with other players. You take away the human element, why even bother with multiplayer in the first place? How will those "players" communicate? Teach them to use world chat properly? Time consuming and very likely not worth it. Have them respond to certain keywords in a certain matter? This can easily be abused. I am not quite sure about economy, but you will likely run into the same problem: too time consuming.

 

I understand your point, and I wouldn't mind having them in-game. It's probably just not going to happen.

 

Besides, we got minions.

minions have limited time,and costs money,and they are not aware of their infinite energy

 

The partner you get in Alchemia Story makes you company forever,besides of getting stronger and help you in a great variety od things,in the game,the partners are called YOME,(It stands for "Your Own Meet Everyday" on the game,but in japanese,if i'm not wrong,means wife, however,the relationship that your character and the partner has,it's "Travel Partners"),they help you in combat(of course,if you enter first on battle,if not,she/he won't spawn) in most of places,they can't go places such as Guerrilla events and the basement in the Tower of Time,not to mention the pretest for rank 3 classes

 

also,yes,bots may not be as good as players,but still,they served us for a long time(and they still do),and do things humans can't,such as:

 

Giving more Access to the game

Provide training for new players or casual players before jumping online Multiplayer

Being the most tolerant & well behaved players in the world despite of not being humans,the perfect solution for hacker infested servers

Being capable of play on any map,any game mode,any time,any rule supply

Preserve and inmoralize the videogames (if you think the opposite,why titanfall multiplayer is death?)

Making the game playable despite of not having internet

 

This is what human players done to me:

Abuse

Lie

Annoy

Give me migranes

Take the worst of me

Scam

Ignore me when i need help

Reject me

 

They are badly behaved just for the stupid fact that they are behind a screen

 

Yes,bots may not outsmart human players,but they have their own strenghts

 

And i beleive you didn't saw ANY of the videos i posted,but well,it's not like i'm forcing you or something

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, GalaxyRekt said:

In very specific tasks bots will be way stronger than human players. Of course it is a very bad idea for a MMORPG but it is totally possible (and actually simple) to build a model that will compete with players on arena, for example.

sorry for butting in like this

 

But yeah,you may be right,bots in MMOs are bad idea

 

but for any other kind of multiplayer game which is not MMO,is necessary

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nosotraes said:

Arena is way too dynamic for modern bots to compete.

It might seem dynamic / complex to you. Arena is just a 2D map with constraints and a list of players. You just take players' positions, buffs, skills' cooldowns and give it to the bot. Any modern model will give an output way better than a human player.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, GalaxyRekt said:

 

On 4/11/2021 at 3:46 PM, Nosotraes said:

Arena is way too dynamic for modern bots to compete.

just so you know,arena is overruned by elves and fil- ahem "Sith Lords"

 

which makes it impossible to have a victory or even get into a fight

 

any suggestions?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Rayotenper said:

just so you know,arena is overruned by elves and fil- ahem "Sith Lords"

 

which makes it impossible to have a victory or even get into a fight

 

any suggestions?

 

 

Miracle coins. Invest on pvp items and books. Join a high lvl guild, spend time and patience on imperials of greatness so that you can get very good arena items and eventually Compete against them.

 

There are solutions, just they're not easy to get. Yet, they remain solutions

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Rayotenper said:

just so you know,arena is overruned by elves and fil- ahem "Sith Lords"

 

which makes it impossible to have a victory or even get into a fight

 

any suggestions?

 

Tbh it is better that way. Arena should be dominated by strong players.

Edited by GalaxyRekt
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/11/2021 at 8:04 PM, Rayotenper said:

Abuse

Lie

Annoy

Give me migranes

Take the worst of me

Scam

Ignore me when i need help

Reject me

Forgive me for actually asking this again, but do you know why this happens to you specifically?

None of these are really that common afaik.

Edited by Nosotraes
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/12/2021 at 11:24 PM, Higgings said:

 

Miracle coins. Invest on pvp items and books. Join a high lvl guild, spend time and patience on imperials of greatness so that you can get very good arena items and eventually Compete against them.

 

There are solutions, just they're not easy to get. Yet, they remain solutions

are you serious?:pin6: spending money mindlessly just for winning is one of the most stupidest things you can do,besides,remember what i said before,those people believe they own the game(when it's actually owned by a russian company)

 

On 4/12/2021 at 11:25 PM, GalaxyRekt said:

Tbh it is better that way. Arena should be dominated by strong players.

here is the big problem: the Sithlords make deals with elves,which destroys the entire concept of the game

 

also,sithlords aren't known for being the nicest players

 

15 hours ago, GalaxyRekt said:

Have you ever played an online game?

i doubt he even entered on warspear online

 

21 hours ago, Nosotraes said:

Forgive me for actually asking this again, but do you know why this happens to you specifically?

None of these are really that common afaik.

no idea,maybe you play in another server which don't have the same problems

 

15 hours ago, GalaxyRekt said:

Have you ever played an online game?

not to mention that encloses the chances of other players to get gears, which is far too selfish

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, GalaxyRekt said:

Have you ever played an online game?

I have played this game for 7 years. Nothing that that guy described happened to me during those 7 years, save for the scamming.

But then I just started over and I'm in a much better position now.

 

If you get irrationally angry playing the game you're doing something wrong.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nosotraes said:

I have played this game for 7 years. Nothing that that guy described happened to me during those 7 years, save for the scamming.

But then I just started over and I'm in a much better position now.

 

If you get irrationally angry playing the game you're doing something wrong.

If that's the only thing that you can recall from your game experience then I am pretty sure you only play with a small group of people (maybe your guild) and probably just the PvE content. At least on the servers I play (EU and BR) when things get competitive you can expect literally anything from other players.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Rayotenper said:

are you serious?:pin6: spending money mindlessly just for winning is one of the most stupidest things you can do,besides,remember what i said before,those people believe they own the game(when it's actually owned by a russian company)

 

It's a sad yet inevitable truth buddy. Life is made up of choices; if you refuse to make them, someone else might make them instead. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Rayotenper said:

are you serious?:pin6: spending money mindlessly just for winning is one of the most stupidest things you can do,besides,remember what i said before,those people believe they own the game(when it's actually owned by a russian company)

 

here is the big problem: the Sithlords make deals with elves,which destroys the entire concept of the game

 

also,sithlords aren't known for being the nicest players

 

i doubt he even entered on warspear online

 

no idea,maybe you play in another server which don't have the same problems

 

not to mention that encloses the chances of other players to get gears, which is far too selfish

That's not really their fault though :dunno:Warspear's game design has always been bad in many ways (it got way better recently though) when we are talking about competitive game modes such as arena and world events. But that's fine because it is not easy to create game mechanics that will work fine for every server and will be abuse proof.

For example, they recently changed the 5x5 and it is awesome now (except for the AFK accounts). 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GalaxyRekt said:

If that's the only thing that you can recall from your game experience then I am pretty sure you only play with a small group of people (maybe your guild) and probably just the PvE content. At least on the servers I play (EU and BR) when things get competitive you can expect literally anything from other players.

The majority of my time played was lonewolfing PvE stuff on US. It has always (in my eyes) been a chill experience.

 

Could also be possible that I just never saw an entire part of the community.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Nosotraes said:

The majority of my time played was lonewolfing PvE stuff on US. It has always (in my eyes) been a chill experience.

 

Could also be possible that I just never saw an entire part of the community.

so never got ganked huh? how you do it?

 

22 hours ago, GalaxyRekt said:

That's not really their fault though :dunno:Warspear's game design has always been bad in many ways (it got way better recently though) when we are talking about competitive game modes such as arena and world events. But that's fine because it is not easy to create game mechanics that will work fine for every server and will be abuse proof.

For example, they recently changed the 5x5 and it is awesome now (except for the AFK accounts). 

still,the wrong players took over something and behaving like they own the world

 

21 hours ago, Nosotraes said:

The majority of my time played was lonewolfing PvE stuff on US. It has always (in my eyes) been a chill experience.

 

Could also be possible that I just never saw an entire part of the community.

also,want to know something funny? posts where i complain gets more attention than me speaking of any other topic

 

but it's not like i'm trying to get attention(unless i give suggestions to improve the game),and i can't complain anymore because these "peopl" got their eyes on me,one lf the things that really makes me angry is being watched constantly,like,dude,leave me alone,i'm not a criminal,serial killer or a member of the mafia,playing by the rules is one of my priorities(except that i got muted 3 times in a row because apparently the tolerance here is pretty alike to twitter,maybe it's just me),and i don't need to be watched over

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Rayotenper said:

xcept that i got muted 3 times in a row because apparently the tolerance here is pretty alike to twitter,maybe it's just me

 

Everytime you received a restriction we have also written a clear reason of why of this measure. Forgive me, but you shall just keep speaking about the topic's subject (because we are slowly turning it into one of your several other topics all around the forum) and seriously refrain from acting like a victim, at least when it comes to restrictions given. 

 

If nothing more needs to be added here, then there's no reason to keep the topic opened to let other themes not related to the topic itself be discussed. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

so on my view even if AI in warspear can run well if done right, it shoulnt be a thing, since its a mmo, unless its in some raids wich npcs helping u, or something in wars wich can be summoned even by weaker players making them able to help aiganist the stronger ones (as example some interaction wich then gets rewarded with reinforcements on deffence or attacking), but i dont see it in arena, yes it should be dominated by stronger ones, but this kind of domination is led by having too few new players going in the arena (by thier own/in small guilds)  and with only fewer of them having the patience to get it trought, making almost all of them take the way of getting in a big guild, causing the whole issue in first place, adding bots in there would make it either too easy for high ranks to get even higher or the weaker ones have even more issues (if made in way to compete with the stronger ones) the maximun u can do whiout massive issues is with only having them appear in the lower ranks when there is like 1 low rank vs 2 low ranks or 1 low vs 1low, giving it the chance for lower rank players (or new ones) to get foward in arena but im still not pro to having them in arena... i see it an an real pvp scenario and if it has to be reworked in way to be more new player friendly it has to first have to make it more open and easier to start up BUT mainly it needs a wave of new players getting in it and keep the fux of new ones going in and somehow have the top ones (even an very small amount) leave it for something else 

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Rayotenper Sure I got ganked, but after a while I just stopped getting bothered by it. When I quit pvp altogether and started to actively avoid it, well, it stopped.

Long story short, I don't care anymore. You should try that, it eases up so much stress.

Edited by Nosotraes
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/15/2021 at 4:23 AM, Higgings said:

 

Everytime you received a restriction we have also written a clear reason of why of this measure. Forgive me, but you shall just keep speaking about the topic's subject (because we are slowly turning it into one of your several other topics all around the forum) and seriously refrain from acting like a victim, at least when it comes to restrictions given. 

 

If nothing more needs to be added here, then there's no reason to keep the topic opened to let other themes not related to the topic itself be discussed. 

then,how about this?

 

i'm gonna post a topic about players and guilds using innapropiate names and asking the devs WHY they allow it?

 

Game is E+10,not A+21

 

do you even agree?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rayotenper said:

then,how about this?

 

i'm gonna post a topic about players and guilds using innapropiate names and asking the devs WHY they allow it?

 

Game is E+10,not A+21

 

do you even agree?

They don't allow it. Some players get their name changed by the support

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Rayotenper said:

then,how about this?

 

i'm gonna post a topic about players and guilds using innapropiate names and asking the devs WHY they allow it?

 

Game is E+10,not A+21

 

do you even agree?

 

This doesn't enter among my jurisdiction. Report them as I did long time ago. You're in forum now, and everytime you were restricted, you knew the reason.

 

One last thing:

 

Screenshot_20210416-193923_Chrome.thumb.jpg.ef825ed0f044e04668f424875d06fad4.jpg

 

Let's end this here, shall we? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...