Astral Arena Armor

Huntrin

I enjoy playing arena but not as a damage dealer but as a healer or support role, mostly as a priest. I suggest that astral armor should be added to the arena trader. At the moment you have to buy  runes of resistance to stand any chance of surviving in battle.  I may be alone in playing this way so there might not be as much demand for items like this but if it were available then maybe more people would use this play style.  I await opinions on this topic.

So, an astral arena body+gloves will give you about 4.5% more resilience for the lvl 17 equips.

Would healers have to much of an advantage if they add astral arena equips?

I enjoy playing arena but not as a damage dealer but as a healer or support role, mostly as a priest. I suggest that astral armor should be added to the arena trader. At the moment you have to buy  runes of resistance to stand any chance of surviving in battle.  I may be alone in playing this way so there might not be as much demand for items like this but if it were available then maybe more people would use this play style.  I await opinions on this topic.

so what you are saying is:

go full resillience and full astral at the same time?

no criticals received, healing 250+ (shaman/druid)  or 750+(necro/priest), and having a physical defense that can reach 40% without skill buff?

no thank you, suggestions should be made to try and bring balanced to the game, not make it even more unbalanced.

Hell yea i'm up for 270 something moon and 250 heal with max resi. That would be so cray.

so what you are saying is:

go full resillience and full astral at the same time?

no criticals received, healing 250+ (shaman/druid)  or 750+(necro/priest), and having a physical defense that can reach 40% without skill buff?

no thank you, suggestions should be made to try and bring balanced to the game, not make it even more unbalanced.

Yup, I totally agree.

Oh oh I have a thought! How about bringing back life steal weapons and rings with astral on them too! mmmm i would'nt mind being an immortal Priest. I don't want to pray to gods, I want to be one!

no me gusta

I dont think invincibility will help with the imbalance issue

now, imagine 4 max resi max astral healers in a 2v2

will always be a timeout draw, unless someones mom is afk

No to the idea of this 'invincibility', I play as a Necromancer and yes it can be challenging when against Barb, rogues etc, but, it depends on how tactical you are and the player with you is.

I agree for arena supplier of Astral armor specifically for Priests, Necros etc that focuses mainly on improving healing, attack etc etc. But, not make us immune to damage :lol:

Hey ! I still haven't sold my gt vestment...hopefully devs dont read this topic .

this shouldnt be made, is just giving an already OP type of class even more OPness.

Immortal healers, no thanks.

resi is what makes arena gear be arena gear.

anyways in a couple of days this topic will be moot.

Yea basically.

Let's just let the thread die...

actually, this guy just got his immortalitty, for it what he need is amp his staff +10.

since everything is magic power, and arena equips Always have resilience...

here you go with ful resillience and full magic power aka astral and moon/dark/sun together.

They said they reworked the system for balance.

so it might be like 300 magic does 350 damage but heals 250

idk thats just an example

They said they reworked the system for balance.

so it might be like 300 magic does 350 damage but heals 250

idk thats just an example

thats still a lot, reason is simply one, their defense can go way too high.

lets say you have 500 damage, high amped healers get around 40% physical defense full arena.

so you will damage them with 300, with barely no chance to critical damage while they heal 250? n lets not forget the 500! critical heal that Always come.

add this to the stuns they have... immortals  :friends:

note: they already a beast with this set up having around 170 heal  :wacko:

Yea I cant wait! so lets see for my Priest..... Faster skill cooldown = Power word food. High rank Armistice with a faster cooldown = you cant attack me.... EVER. Full resiliance armor giving me "Magic Power" to my heals. so lets see. Shield is still great and my high amp arena staff and a good 20% crit rate for good measure for my crit heals. Hmmmmm exactly how will I die? Perhaps if I fall asleep while playing.

Yea I cant wait! so lets see for my Priest..... Faster skill cooldown = Power word food. High rank Armistice with a faster cooldown = you cant attack me.... EVER. Full resiliance armor giving me "Magic Power" to my heals. so lets see. Shield is still great and my high amp arena staff and a good 20% crit rate for good measure for my crit heals. Hmmmmm exactly how will I die? Perhaps if I fall asleep while playing.

exactly, fall asleep n maybe you lose  :dirol:

I don't really think it will become that easy for you...... Atleast I hope so

it seens to go this way, i hoped they would bring balance but...

they just added some way to have magical defense while making healers get max power up at high amp.

no matter if they will hit less on us if we cant kill them unless we go 1 vs x, x > 1

it seens to go this way, i hoped they would bring balance but...

they just added some way to have magical defense while making healers get max power up at high amp.

no matter if they will hit less on us if we cant kill them unless we go 1 vs x, x > 1

This update was made to bring power to the physical damage classes. They balanced it. Don't speculate with numbers and amounts before the update even is released.

This update was made to bring power to the physical damage classes. They balanced it. Don't speculate with numbers and amounts before the update even is released.

well, i believe the numbers are real.

do you really think they would nerf the heal?

People would cry too much about not healing enough to farm lab. so heal will stay 250+, prob 278 max estimative since this is the higher heal i have seen in game right now.

the balance seens to work against mages n locks thought, they will keep the same status while we have more defense.

but one thing we may see is healers that arent high amped rage quitting.

right now they can heal at any bosses without the need of amp, but in update, maybe their heal wont be enough for some of the bosses.

well, i believe the numbers are real.

do you really think they would nerf the heal?

People would cry too much about not healing enough to farm lab. so heal will stay 250+, prob 278 max estimative since this is the higher heal i have seen in game right now.

the balance seens to work against mages n locks thought, they will keep the same status while we have more defense.

but one thing we may see is healers that arent high amped rage quitting.

right now they can heal at any bosses without the need of amp, but in update, maybe their heal wont be enough for some of the bosses.

You make a good point.

But anyway. I don't think that overhealing is a bad idea since i am mostly a PvE player.

But things are going to get wilder than a brawling bull on PvP tho if the heal cap is indeed increased...

Let's not speculate too much and wait a little. Let's see how it goes.

Has anyone though of how strong pallys are going to be? I mean.... huge defense, huge magical defense, heals, and they already hit like a monster. None of my spell casters can survive a fetters and good pally now, let alone after the update.

Has anyone though of how strong pallys are going to be? I mean.... huge defense, huge magical defense, heals, and they already hit like a monster. None of my spell casters can survive a fetters and good pally now, let alone after the update.

hit like a monster? i disagree. BDs and Rogues hit like a monster.

but i guess magical defense + heals will make them a hard catch for healers  ;D

i must say this is even worst than i thought  :bomb:

300+ heal with nearly 400 damage...(druid/shaman)

expect healers alone beating down 2 or more enemies (as long as there is no healer among the enemy  :dirol: )

fact: healer vs healer will just last forever  :lol:

Yay i have my astral arena armors xD

Yay i have my astral arena armors xD

lol

one thing i forgot, the buff healers get from paladin skill ...

scratch the 300+ heal, we are going for the 350 + heal  :yahoo:    :sorry: :sorry: :sorry: :sorry: :sorry: :sorry: :sorry: :sorry: :sorry: