[2021.03.11] Warspear Online Update 9.3: Preview. Part I

Peony

35 minutes ago, Elwinoa said:

I don't know where to start honestly. I shouldn't be ranting/complaining about the nerfs as that ship has already sailed for every priest player. Not many people talk about it in discussions too cus there's no one playing it.

Damagers or tank-heal combo classes are doing better jobs at healing themselves than actual healer classes nowadays, and obviously vampirism/distortion book/castle pots bonus play a huge role in it.

Priests are mainly known for their mana draining n support skills but that era is long gone when mana drain actually meant something. That's cus players now have access to very high mana regen builds even without putting much effort  with the help of new accessories/guild buffs etc. unlike the past.

Also, lets forget about the controlling skills they are as bad or worse than other classes, dont even wanna start there.

Then there's the shield skill which is probably the worst shield in the entire warspear (alongside with necro's maybe). Literally disappears in a hit or couple even when maxed.

So what is it exactly that makes priests too strong??? and why would anyone like to play such class??! If u look at the numbers of active priests compared to other classes then only u realize the real issue here rather than assuming that they're doing really great cus no one bats an eye.

Yes, indeed.

5 minutes ago, lallouss said:

but to be honest i think if u add a bonus (venom) that disables enemies vampire or lowers it like u can lower enemies accuracy, that will make healers more efficient in the battle field and dungeon

Available:

blind <> accuracy

sap <> damage
debuff <> buff

reduce def <> def

slowness <> speed

reduce attack speed <> attack speed

trap <> disable movement

silence <> disable skills

hex <> disable skills + disarm
stun/sleep <> disable movement + skills + disarm

nightmare <> cooldown

Not Available:

disarm <> disable auto attacks and attack skills only

venom <> disable/lowers enemies vampire stats

time wrap (turn back in time few seconds removing buffs/debuffs/damage) maybe new skill for necro/priest

Venom Spiderman GIF - Venom Spiderman - Discover & Share GIFs | Venom  spiderman, Spiderman gif, Venom movie

Tell me what you smoking there, I need it as well. 😂

17 minutes ago, lallouss said:

healers becoming useless in dungeons to be honest due to the high damage high vampire

No, healers are useless because your tanks can heal themselves. The only tank which benefits from Vampirism is Bladedancer. The rest are damagers used as tanks. 

You don't usually have this problem on MC side, unless you don't bring neither tanks nor healers, and a party of damagers is there. 

But it's definitely harder compared to the elf side. I've only seen rogues capable of soloing and acting as tanks so far. 

6 minutes ago, Higgings said:

No, healers are useless because your tanks can heal themselves. The only tank which benefits from Vampirism is Bladedancer. The rest are damagers used as tanks

Not only the bds, but the list goes on. Even the light armour class is able to tank everything with life steal. 🤯

7 minutes ago, Elwinoa said:

Not only the bds, but the list goes on. Even the light armour class is able to tank everything with life steal. 🤯

Yea, seekers and so on. 

23 minutes ago, Higgings said:

No, healers are useless because your tanks can heal themselves. The only tank which benefits from Vampirism is Bladedancer. The rest are damagers used as tanks.

So... Is this normal? A dg with high difficulty and classes with light armor doing it easily, without needing a tank and healer? (The other video of a rogue doing it solo was deleted for obvious reasons). On the other hand, many pts can't do it. Where's the premise of collectivity and doing things together that RPG provides? Just like Warspear was before ... A group with a tank, healers, damages... That's the point. On my server, they don't want healers on pts, because dps can heal better, tank and do a lot of damage.

Edited by Bounce

15 minutes ago, Bounce said:

So... Is this normal? A dg with high difficulty and classes with light armor doing it easily, without needing a tank and healer? (The other video of a rogue doing it solo was deleted for obvious reasons). On the other hand, many pts can't do it. Where's the premise of collectivity and doing things together that RPG provides? Just like Warspear was before ... A group with a tank, healers, damages... That's the point. On my server, they don't want healers on pts, because dps can heal better, tank and do a lot of damage.

Damagers being able to solo something is not a consequence of Life Steal being in game, but the exponential damage they're capable to do; I doubt that seeker has got more than 25% Life Steal, but that doesn't really matter. If the situation was the one represented on this video, then Tanks as well would see themselves being on a neglected position, and I personally can't see this: ask yourself why. Removing Life Steal would mean not letting damagers solo anything anymore (hence seekers, mages, rogues, rangers etc etc.) AND destroying MC side's tanks as well because - guess what - we are weaklings compared to your side in almost any aspect of the game; in other words, what we can do, you do it far better and faster. Even without life steal, Healers won't be invited in a party made up by Damagers only, because the healer would end up tanking (heal generates aggro) and consequently die. Healers will not be invited in a party where a tank can do his job better than him. I am more than certain that if they limited a Paladin's healing capacity as well as Warden ridiculously being able to heal through his taunt, the situation would be better in terms of Healers being invited in dungeons. 

From what I can see on MC side, it's very rare that tanks don't have any use of healers, unless they are using very strong minions with them. 

47 minutes ago, Bounce said:

Hello, I think to have a need of supports and tanks in the dgs, they could implement a system of necessity in some dgs.
Example:
Required to enter the minimum dg (1 tank, 1 dmg, 1 support).

10 minutes ago, Buckrudy said:

Hello, I think to have a need of supports and tanks in the dgs, they could implement a system of necessity in some dgs.
Example:

I think that it might be a solution

27 minutes ago, Higgings said:

I think that it might be a solution

38 minutes ago, Buckrudy said:

Example:

Would most likely be ignored. I feel that the only way to get healers in parties is for strong healing and excellent boosting skills

2 minutes ago, Khrone said:

Not if it was required

By the devs. People would complain regardless. Look at the comments of the Facebook page

3 minutes ago, Drakoknight said:

By the devs. People would complain regardless. Look at the comments of the Facebook page

Comments on Facebook are mainly made without enhancing them with valid points. If the ratio of good comments is 1/50, then it's quite understandable that they're getting ignored. It happens literally everywhere, not only on warspear.

Any "criticism" made without enlisting valid points is nothing else than pure gibberish. The one who wants to actually criticize something will provide strong points and will be ready to debate about the validity of such points. This process is extremely important for both parts to improve. You won't have improvement without a well made criticism. You won't make criticism without points. 

7 hours ago, Higgings said:

Any "criticism" made without enlisting valid points is nothing else than pure gibberish. The one who wants to actually criticize something will provide strong points and will be ready to debate about the validity of such points. This process is extremely important for both parts to improve. You won't have improvement without a well made criticism. You won't make criticism without points. 

Food for thought for all forum writers. :concentration:

P.S: I just want to buy a drink to whoever adopted the spring costumes! They're amazing.

Edited by TheCaster

11 hours ago, Elwinoa said:

I don't know where to start honestly. I shouldn't be ranting/complaining about the nerfs as that ship has already sailed for every priest player. Not many people talk about it in discussions too cus there's no one playing it.

Damagers or tank-heal combo classes are doing better jobs at healing themselves than actual healer classes nowadays, and obviously vampirism/distortion book/castle pots bonus play a huge role in it.

Priests are mainly known for their mana draining n support skills but that era is long gone when mana drain actually meant something. That's cus players now have access to very high mana regen builds even without putting much effort  with the help of new accessories/guild buffs etc. unlike the past.

Also, lets forget about the controlling skills they are as bad or worse than other classes, dont even wanna start there.

Then there's the shield skill which is probably the worst shield in the entire warspear (alongside with necro's maybe). Literally disappears in a hit or couple even when maxed.

So what is it exactly that makes priests too strong??? and why would anyone like to play such class??! If u look at the numbers of active priests compared to other classes then only u realize the real issue here rather than assuming that they're doing really great cus no one bats an eye.

people use priest mostly for reviving pt members 😄

44 minutes ago, TheCaster said:

Haha same. I've been refreshing the site a lot. @NolanWhere's our list of skill changes? :calm-down-crazy-rabbit-emoticon: 

In a few minutes :vp-noodle:

On 3/13/2021 at 3:54 PM, Higgings said:

That's a good point. However, the same might go for classes like 2 paladins in arena 2x2, or 3 templars in Seals. Have you tried to fight fire with fire? 

You are right. 2 Paladins can be OP. However, if you have pvp gear and the paladin does not. You can still beat him. Especially rangers can kill them I believe. However a Charmer is absolutely broken. I was speaking of lvl 18, but at lvl 32 it's even worse. 3 dogs + raven. It makes so much damage. And if you double this... I don't even wanna imagine 6 dogs + 2 ravens + other skills like 2 hours of stun. I am sure they can beat 2 paladins easyy Since the stone skill is enough to make it a 2v1... So yeah. We need start nerfing op characters at some point. However if a seeker is getting nerfed, I would not understand this <-- Last bit is speaking of PvP. I consider seeker beeing the best PVE dmg.

Edited by Nolan
Formatting

On 3/16/2021 at 8:12 PM, Bounce said:

Dear Mr. Bounce. I recommend checking your gear and all those buffs. You might make this dungeon, however there are people who does not pay for this game or does not pay as much as getting +10 Gear. What should they do? If they increase the difficulty it will just award people so much more, who pays for this game alot. The rich get richer so to speak.

Edited by Nolan
Formatting

3 hours ago, Inquistor said:

You are right. 2 Paladins can be OP. However, if you have pvp gear and the paladin does not. You can still beat him. Especially rangers can kill them I believe. However a Charmer is absolutely broken. I was speaking of lvl 18, but at lvl 32 it's even worse. 3 dogs + raven. It makes so much damage. And if you double this... I don't even wanna imagine 6 dogs + 2 ravens + other skills like 2 hours of stun. I am sure they can beat 2 paladins easyy Since the stone skill is enough to make it a 2v1... So yeah. We need start nerfing op characters at some point. However if a seeker is getting nerfed, I would not understand this <-- Last bit is speaking of PvP. I consider seeker beeing the best PVE dmg.

So you're not gonna bring up BD? Ok I see what you did there.:teehee-crazy-rabbit-emoticon:

• 1 month later...
On 3/11/2021 at 10:49 AM, Peony said:

сила воды.png Power of Water:

• The skill’s mechanics have been changed: now every skill that received damage can be stunned with the "Lightning Bolt" skill.

I know it was already 2 months ago, but could somebody explain me that?

1 hour ago, Khrone said:

I know it was already 2 months ago, but could somebody explain me that?

If you change the "every skill" with "every foe" it makes then a certain sense. 

• Holmes unpinned this topic

I wonder why did AIGRIND stop to create "Under Development" topics.

The last one was about the 8.4 update, but the 9.0 was all of sudden. :piggy:

4 minutes ago, Khrone said:

I wonder why did AIGRIND stop to create "Under Development" topics.

The last one was about the 8.4 update, but the 9.0 was all of sudden. :piggy:

I love the Under Development posts.