[2021.03.11] Warspear Online Update 9.3: Preview. Part I

Peony

10 minutes ago, KingEricc said:

I’ve considered every statement and argument you held about the support elves had I just don’t agree with them, simple.🤷🏽‍♂️ 

Fair enough. 

10 hours ago, Higgings said:

Well, maxing out Block is easy nowadays. 25% is 1 block every 4 hits, hence you can regenerate Stone Skin pretty fast. It's not a case that people started to pick them up more than other tanks for Many vs Many scenarios. 

Add Roar in all of this and there you have a good tank. 

Roar isnt that good because its a debuff, if its a buff on self then it would be better

Also max block is easy to get, but other tanks can max too and they have some skill to depend on when their block fail, which barb will have to tank on nothing but raw def when roar is on cd. Tanking depend on chance is hard, someday you are lucky and block a lot, someday you arent

+1 stone stack would be nice to get so barb can tank many more hit in a crowd situation

I hope there are intentions in the future to atleast slightly lessen the mana consumption of rangers. I feel like unless you're op with energy guild and all energy equips you cant make use of your point shooting to its fullest without using energy pots. Ill use my initial combo with point shooting and then after that Im just an auto attack bot because I cant use my blessing and even dmg skils as much. Not to mention I still have fire arrow and sometimes hail to use. I know point shooting is quite powerful, I just hope they at least make it rangers mana consumption slightly less for some leeway. I dont do pvp cause Im weak so this is just my perspective as a pve player.

4 hours ago, LivingPoltergeist said:

I hope there are intentions in the future to atleast slightly lessen the mana consumption of rangers. I feel like unless you're op with energy guild and all energy equips you cant make use of your point shooting to its fullest without using energy pots. Ill use my initial combo with point shooting and then after that Im just an auto attack bot because I cant use my blessing and even dmg skils as much. Not to mention I still have fire arrow and sometimes hail to use. I know point shooting is quite powerful, I just hope they at least make it rangers mana consumption slightly less for some leeway. I dont do pvp cause Im weak so this is just my perspective as a pve player.

Welcome to every mana drain skills in the game where it relies on mana, regeneration, and specific gear with them attributes. 

Pros: increases stats & cool aura effects

Cons: drains mana overtime per 2 sec.

Cough* Nerf BD

On 3/11/2021 at 4:49 PM, Peony said:

метка охотника.png Hunter’s Mark:

• Now instead of lowering the enemy defense, the mark increases the damage received by the opponent by 2-3-4-5% for 10-14-18-22 seconds, when they’re attacked by the hunter. Several effects can be applied to one opponent.

does this mean only the hunter will deal the increased damage to the target or everyone who attacks it ? 

4 hours ago, Yukamiii said:

Roar isnt that good because its a debuff, if its a buff on self then it would be better

Also max block is easy to get, but other tanks can max too and they have some skill to depend on when their block fail, which barb will have to tank on nothing but raw def when roar is on cd. Tanking depend on chance is hard, someday you are lucky and block a lot, someday you arent

+1 stone stack would be nice to get so barb can tank many more hit in a crowd situation

the issue is that ur limited to an area u can apply the negative effect to and if new enemies appear, they wont.
35% dmg redu is still something that helps but in case you have the great luck of having access to the castle relics, u can make it an 50% dm redu when used in a party )while they're close) 
for the duration there is a relic wich increases it to almost its cooldown leaving abou 3/4 seconds of no debuff on constant enemies (if they dont resist....)

for an extra layer of deffence u can use combat fury as an failsafe in case rng hates u for a bit (but if it really hates u nothing will save u... i have experienced that)

the lastest bosses have such slower attack speed wich helps with stoneskin and adding block and parry will help alot to tank em making em way less dangerous (less the times u get hit more the times u will be hitted with stoneskin up, slower the enemy attack speed more the times it will hit u while ur stoneskin in up) and use the relic that gives an chance to roar to decrease the attack speed (counting all of that, it wont help u aiganist dagan) 

having it as debuff it attualy allows u aiganist bosses like nocturna (wich posses aoe dmg) to make the entire gang recive less damage, making it lower the chance to having someone die to hit or even allow em to survive that/prevent the healer to have to heal someone else than you + u can combo it with deathknight's dark shield to make it an machine able to tank masses way more easy (even way more if u posses the castle relic)

in this way u can add another layer(parry) of deffence that yes it wont protect u aiganist ranged attacks, but the ranged enemies are mostly mobs so  u can deal fast with them, and the strongest bosses have an melee mode.

also  if roar gets resisted u can have an relic to boost urself when that happens, on my case, where i dont have that high of a deffence, i use the solidity relic that makes me capable to carry on aiganist the mythical bosses that one crit deals a ton of dmg, wich usualy is not an too huge of an issue when roar lands, and when u get the amounts of deffence u get at high aplifications, u can use the one that increases ur skillcooldown speed (small side note, i dont have the castle relic on roar).

stoneskin is a blessing and i cant  negate it at all, it works amazing aiganist the new bosses wich haves an eught slow attack speed (counting skills too) and no DOT. 

+ in this update the shamans will almost surely increase thier energy field making everyone able to have more energy and cast skills faster wich means an higher rate of both roar and combat fury (out of increasing the warcry rate, wich in case u have "low" (in terms it dosent make u have an high eught solidity to stay in a safe position in the mythical dungeons) deffence).

along all of this u can also play with last wish (yes that one passive skill with 2min cooldown) that can work as an extra failsafe in case rng hates you, 50% dmg redu for 8 sec for when ur hp goes under 20%, is very usefull (atleast to me).

along u can also change ur build to include scream of fury wich decreases the enemies penetration, decreasing thier damange, and block along an good eught duration to make it worth at 4/4 if u can handle the aggro situation.

my current skillbuild is:

base

strongblow 5/5

roar 5/5

taunt 3/5

chop1/5

charge 1/5

expert

(all class skills)

stoneskin 4/4

warcry 2/4

combat fury 3/4

berserker's fury 4/4 (yep)

my equipment is mostly +7/8 with some pieve at +5/6 but are the magic deffence accesories, while in a guild i ahve 7.8k physical deffence and 3k magic deffence

my block is 22% and parry is 25%

hp 7k while in a guild

energy regen (out of combat) is basicaly 100 while in a guild and something like 70 when out

and in all this i can do sea tramps lair (i posses the long lasting deffence skill) and the champion's colloseum in mythical difficulty, while i was in sithlords i even ran the mermen sanctuary and got out of it alive.... and when i die in the tramp's lair in mythical wich is pretty rare (even way more if i have an shaman as healer)since i need to be either very stupid/rushing or VERY unlucky, but when i die for low luck is whenever the hydrophobia (wich i tend to dodge thanks to dear barbarian nature, then the mob is dead) makes me tank more than half area of monsters all at once (im sure also the other tanks can have issues there, if u do and ur not an barb please specify ur class and gearset while agreeing to it) 

so yeah rely on rng on tanking sucks, there also many ways to save urself, barb is still a good class and dosent need  either nerf or buff (if u think different to me, please tell it, specifying why, and what would u nerf/buff while telling how would it work) its all about getting nice to play it and nothing more (also now how u gear it, make ur skillbuild and use that skillbuild)

another note, in case of despair, u have legs, i used em alot when mythical sea tramps lair first came out and i was along aiganist an agry dagan at still 300k hp and the whole party went exploded away by its aoe or u can get drunk, or summon ur own healer that wont  get terminated by an energy sphere trew by an 4 armed sea monster.

in general the barbarian's weakness in pve are the DOT and mass tanking situations, deal with it like deathknights deals with thier issues (please dear not only deathknight but also paladins and wardens (not you damn bladedancers) tell wich are ur issues while tanking)

but i'd like to see some edit to the whole that would make it more skill based (i mean in reworks,not nerfs or buffs, but ofcourse the rework will change in better or worse how barb perform so... its a nice hing i would like to have but at the same time i have no idea at the moment to achieve that)

tldr:

barb good, me play barb, ye roar is not that good but look at our coworker deathknigth, barb fun, rng tanking is painfull, please find a way to make tanking more skillbased than rng based (for us all tanks)

14 hours ago, Drakoknight said:

Who here has Warspear's facebook? 

They sent this

FB_IMG_1615576581609.jpg

Don't tell me it turns green!

warcraft-movie-screencaps.com-11041.jpg

ps. 

Secret Link:

• Full rework of the skill: now the skill applies a positive effect “Secret Link” on the character or a group member in a sequence in the radius of 2-2-3-3 yards of the target for 20 seconds. The effect restores health in the amont of 60-70-80-100% of the character’s magical power and increases the “Penetration” parameter by 4-6-8-10%. The health restoration effect is reduced with each subsequent target by 10%, and the “Penetration” parameter — by 2%. Maximum number of targets - 2-3-4-5.

can we use it without party or on minion/elemental ?

Edited by REAPER

2 hours ago, Abi said:

does this mean only the hunter will deal the increased damage to the target or everyone who attacks it ? 

Only the Hunter.

15 hours ago, KingEricc said:

Defensively? That’s what I’m talkin bout. Shamans + barb have the ability to make a +10 bd attack 700-800 and a +10 ranger atk 300-400 for atleast 20 seconds. The only defensive skills we have come from Druid, pala, and Templar. Half of the support skills elf have are reduced to 0% when mcs uses debuff all of stats are potentially reduced by half. We have no damage debuffs that would make a rogue hit that low. And rogues are a burst of damage that people can barely tank now due to their new stuns. How can mcs make a +10 broken bd hit less than 800 and a ranger less than 400 but we don’t have any debuffs to lower their damage. 

My man u mention only 2 classes from mc side and then 3 from elf. And what do u want every bd to attack 1.4k in pvp and its just in case if u are vs barb and sham which is fair imo. And also u wont go solo on them

Edited by Santa Claus
More info

3 hours ago, lore said:

tldr:

barb good, me play barb, ye roar is not that good but look at our coworker deathknigth, barb fun, rng tanking is painfull, please find a way to make tanking more skillbased than rng based (for us all tanks)

This is all what I want to say, rng is painful and barb have to rely on them. My build is about similar, ~20% parry with 16% block but I have CD and Scream of Fury maxed so I can activate max block at almost any time. I used continuous relic on roar so it hangs longer and the relic that block all physical dmg for 5s on taunt (which trigger a lot in spite of 15% chance). My goal is to have tons of def with warcry and use scream to further strengthen my def, that would leave my combat fury at lvl 1 but i guess thats a nice trade.

Also, maybe some additional effect on taunt? I think its a nice idea like how warden did. Each class will have different effect suitable for them

Edited by Yukamiii

On 3/11/2021 at 9:49 PM, Peony said:

контратака.png Counterattack:

• Increased the skill duration: from 4-5-6-7 seconds to 8-10-12-14 seconds.
  • Reduced the damage of the skill: from 40-50-60-75%, to 25-32-36-40%.

no one even using this skill since the first rework 😅 it is very useless even if it is 4/4! -Rapagilaz

Dear Warspear-Team! I really do not know what you guys are thinking, but this has to be a joke. I understand every other buffs, but the one from charmers. Why would you buff them? A full awarded arena seeker can not even kill a half awarded charmer. This doesn‘t make sense to me. In addition charmers getting buffed even more now. Please think about your actions and try the characters before buffing, because it doesn‘t make sense... They can see invisibility, spawn a whole zoo with every pet making 300+ dmg (raven + 2 dogs = 600+). I am down for a nerf of charmers.

16 minutes ago, Inquistor said:

A full awarded arena seeker can not even kill a half awarded charmer

Charmer is a heavy armor user, hence it's quite normal. Moreover, it can heal himself. 

Nonetheless, you're not supposed to win a character 1vs1. If you can't alone, get a friend with you. 

2 minutes ago, Higgings said:

Charmer is a heavy armor user, hence it's quite normal. Moreover, it can heal himself. 

Nonetheless, you're not supposed to win a character 1vs1. If you can't alone, get a friend with you. 

It‘s not about seeker only. Neither can a ranger kill such charmers easily. I am talkin about arena here. If I get a friend he gets a friend too. What do I do against 2 charmers? They can win against everyone easy as pie.

On 3/11/2021 at 7:19 PM, Peony said:

The developers’ commentary:

One of the few classes in the game that does not have full-fledged control skills in its arsenal, which makes it too difficult to deal damage. Changing that!

Since this is the coment for seeker n they getting silence n also a stun . 

Will we see any changes in chieftain Thrashing skill or get stun in any skill coz its the only class in game right  which has 0 stuns 

@Holmes @Peony

12 minutes ago, Higgings said:

Charmer是一个重型装甲使用者,因此这很正常。此外,它可以治愈自己。

尽管如此,你不应该赢得一个角色1vs1。如果你不能一个人,找个朋友。

Dear Higgings,have any plan to nurf bds?the tank+dmg class ,even powerful than the pure dmg class,and the resis skills too imba.

47 minutes ago, Inquistor said:

Dear Warspear-Team! I really do not know what you guys are thinking, but this has to be a joke. I understand every other buffs, but the one from charmers. Why would you buff them? A full awarded arena seeker can not even kill a half awarded charmer. This doesn‘t make sense to me. In addition charmers getting buffed even more now. Please think about your actions and try the characters before buffing, because it doesn‘t make sense... They can see invisibility, spawn a whole zoo with every pet making 300+ dmg (raven + 2 dogs = 600+). I am down for a nerf of charmers.

Just bring a BD. Your welcome.

On the one hand, I understand that everyone wants his class to be the strongest, but sometimes it is impossible to read the 'arguments' of some players, how can you write about the ranger buff, shaman nerf, elves can do everything that the mc class is only much better, it's bd which is the best pvp class at the moment, you will hit him for 400 he you for 1000, ranger who oneshoots casters, now got stuns, one of the better aoe skills, also pointless to compare ranger to shaman or barb, compare ranger to hunter, compare, seeker to rouge, warden to dk, pala to barb, druid to shaman, mage to chieftain, the greater the variety of classes, the harder it is to balance it, you have to understand it, while the results where in 90% of cases the elves win speak for themselves, someone will write that this is why that there are more players on the elf side, and for good reason it is a consequence of the fact that the elf classes are much better for the most part, the firstborn map was the simplest map, there were many factors which encouraged to play on the elf side, now any change that can bring a better balance is evil elf according to the players, winning is fun but in an equal fight, it is not the fun to defeat someone weaker ...

elfs have classes who deal more dmg, heal more, tank better.

Edited by PureSex

1 hour ago, Inquistor said:

It‘s not about seeker only. Neither can a ranger kill such charmers easily. I am talkin about arena here. If I get a friend he gets a friend too. What do I do against 2 charmers? They can win against everyone easy as pie.

That's a good point. However, the same might go for classes like 2 paladins in arena 2x2, or 3 templars in Seals. Have you tried to fight fire with fire? 

1 hour ago, Wongs said:

Dear Higgings,have any plan to nurf bds?the tank+dmg class ,even powerful than the pure dmg class,and the resis skills too imba.

I can't say that, I'm terribly sorry, because I myself don't know it. :cry2: However, it is possible for further changes to be applied after test server's sessions. I think waiting for more infos (after the test servers) is the best pick you could make, my friend. 

2 hours ago, Inquistor said:

A full awarded arena seeker can not even kill a half awarded charmer.

In my opinion, this update changed more the PvE Charmer than the PvP Charmer.

The only thing that would do a big difference in PvP is Otherwordly Fire and maybe the new Demonic Pact (since the pets now would be a bigger problem).

Also (still in my opinion), the Seeker is really good as a PvE class, while the Charmer is better on 1 vs 1 situations (like bosses and PvP).

Now that the Seeker got more stuns and the Charmer got some buffs on support and AoE damage, maybe we'll se these 2 classes being more balanced on both PvP and PvE?

Edited by Khrone

1 hour ago, Higgings said:

That's a good point. However, the same might go for classes like 2 paladins in arena 2x2, or 3 templars in Seals. Have you tried to fight fire with fire? 

I can't say that, I'm terribly sorry, because I myself don't know it. :cry2: However, it is possible for further changes to be applied after test server's sessions. I think waiting for more infos (after the test servers) is the best pick you could make, my friend. 

thx pls remind devs to pay more attention to necro's skills "connection" and "infection",  almost no ppl use them ,i think their machines need to be changed .😥

22 hours ago, KingEricc said:

They nerfed everything about ranger and sais ranger doesn’t need rework. Lmao they are a joke😂 this game is a joke😂. Meanwhile buffing every mc class. 

Yea agree everything is mc class...priest like trash class here...necro got duration silence area...its must be priest redemption duration area also...and priest should have skeleton also....they give everything what elf have to mc...but not for elf...movement speed,area skill,speed atk, and most aoe on mc class...mage like useless....if wd and dk are same category but dk most powerful tank pve and pvp + high dmg...wd not good for pve + pvp too much diferent

33 minutes ago, Mystoganz said:

necro got duration silence area

Mage like useless

if wd and dk are same category but dk most powerful tank pve and pvp + high dmg...wd not good for pve

aef50301d056b522f7d092eb9dbfcc25.jpg.483dc478fa60689f724c9b7b271d2596.jpg

16 hours ago, Yukamiii said:

Death Call for DeathKnight is also a debuff

4 minutes ago, Drakoknight said:

Death Call for DeathKnight is also a debuff

For the DeathKnight it is. 

You can't cast it under Blessing skill.

6 minutes ago, Higgings said:

For the DeathKnight it is. 

You can't cast it under Blessing skill.

What blessing skill?

On 3/12/2021 at 10:24 PM, KingEricc said:

Defensively? That’s what I’m talkin bout. Shamans + barb have the ability to make a +10 bd attack 700-800 and a +10 ranger atk 300-400 for atleast 20 seconds. The only defensive skills we have come from Druid, pala, and Templar. Half of the support skills elf have are reduced to 0% when mcs uses debuff all of stats are potentially reduced by half. We have no damage debuffs that would make a rogue hit that low. And rogues are a burst of damage that people can barely tank now due to their new stuns. How can mcs make a +10 broken bd hit less than 800 and a ranger less than 400 but we don’t have any debuffs to lower their damage. 

Kkkkkkkk wow... You do you realize that what you saying is contradictory and proving other guys point right? Shaman+brb? Thats a specific combination and so sentinels have theirs too, bd+druid for example but ho look... Bd full resist full dmg and very good control +druid heal and heal and heal and heal and ho, here is a shield... that heals (5 heals if you didn't noticed ) and lots lots and lots of control. And by the way these 2 (and others) have a way to counter the "speed focused" builds (sap and bees both lower the attck speed of the opponent) its just that sentinels dont use them. And if you think I'm wrong just say it and I'll make 2 more combiantions without being same class that are very very good. About the dmg debuffs think again go research and you'll find that there is like wd.(lets not mention relics)

And by the way ALL SENTINELS HAVE A DEFENSIVE SKILLS. (amd good ones at that)

Edited by necrotp1
Added the last sentence

2 hours ago, Mystoganz said:

dk most powerful tank pve and pvp + high dmg...wd not good for pve + pvp too much diferent

..... what? how? when? where? also, u fogrot about barbarians and mostly important the BLADEDANCERS????

mage like useless

aoe dmg......... buff dragon eye.... all ur aoe....

necro got duration silence area

.... u mean warlock? wich is a cc class whiout any heal (for others)?

priest like trash class here

yes priest is not that strong but it can still work well, its not complete trash, maybe u should consider a bit more its skills and buffing abilities

3 hours ago, Wongs said:

necro's skills "connection" and "infection",  almost no ppl use them

u can tell the same with different skills from other classes (example wardens with punishment) , but in this case, connection can be VERY powerfull in the right way, it can help massively to clear out mass of mobs (i seen it in action, trust me) and for infection there is still no encounters of mass of enemies with an huge deffence and durability to make it work proprely (but maybe turn it back into making the affected gain more dmg would make it more effective in the game)

3 hours ago, Wongs said:

thx pls remind devs to pay more attention to necro's skills "connection" and "infection",  almost no ppl use them ,i think their machines need to be changed .😥

also death solder skill, all summons got buffed expect necros skeletons they need some love too