Warspedia Mk. II

Azebu

IT'S HAPPENING

Probably.

Alright lads, I made this thread to discuss what's the path we should take to make Warspedia the best source of Warspear knowledge.

Wikis are not something one person does, they are supposed to be maintained by many players.

But what's the point of this thread? To discuss the layouts of pages. We want all pages of each category look the same, so let's get started.

First of all, the skills. The skills pages could be the most helpful pages. In-depth analysis, damage formulas, changes when upgrading skill, opinions of players, everything to help you pick the abilities.

I was thinking of two ways: either having all skills on the class page, or splitting them into their own articles. Having the all in one place makes it easier to grasp everything, and compare them, though with time they can become big in size, while splitting will allow discussion in the comments. Personally I'd split them, but it's up to you.

Next, items, equipment first.

So, right now, equips page is just Weapon type in the header, and random weapons under it, same goes for armors. I'd change it into Equip type header, and under it, some info, what class can wear it, "list of all equips" and the most notable weapons/armors of that type (3-5).

When you click "list of all equips", you get sent to a page with all equips listed in a table, that can be sorted by level, rarity, def at +0 and +10, and maybe bonus stats. The sorting by bonus stats is difficult. We can either make a column for each stat (which might result in making the table very broad), or list all the stats in one cell (which results in no sorting by stats). We could make specials articles, like for example "List of Cloth Helmets with Critical Hit", where they are sorted by highest crit.

For weapon/armor articles, I already have a good template, it just needs refurbishing. Now, what I thought of recently, is to make the amp tables scripts. In other words, make them connected to multiple articles. So for example, if someone would fill out the amp table for Hood of Radiant Fame, it would automatically fill out every lvl 18 cloth glove/helmet/shoes/belt amp table.

With ordinary items, there is not much problem. How to obtain them, what quests they are used in, how much do they sell for.

For consumables, not much problem either, the same as above, just specify their effect. For the cashshop buff potions/scrolls, we could make a table, how much they give on each level.

For runes and crystals, exactly the same as above. For mc runes/crystals, similiar table as above, with normal and critical enchant values.

That's it for now. Discuss, suggest, bash, volunteer.

:good:

For skills;

List of the 5 skills on every class-page, with only the description ("This is a heal skill, based on the amount of astral blablabla"). With a link "read more" for the specific details, user-oppinion, etc? So i say split ;)

Hello,

I was thinking of creating a Item database with an extensive search engine, but since you plan on working on the Warspedia one, I might just drop mine.

Here is a list of attributes I was planning on incorporating into a database. A database like this could allow for some very complex and detailed searches!

ItemId = Primary key

ItemName = Name of the item

ItemType = Staff, Scroll, Axe , etc

ItemClass = Which classes can equip or use

ItemCrimson = Is item Crimson Corundum

ItemColour = The colour of the item (Grey(1), Green(2), Blue(3), Purple(4), Red)

]ItemImage = Link to image file

ItemMiracle = Yes or No can be purchased with miracle coins

ItemDescription = Item description

ItemLevel = Minimum level requirement

ItemDelay = Attack delay of weapon

ItemDrop = Where to find the item

ItemPhysDmg = Physical damage inflicted by weapon

ItemPhysRes = Physical defence of armour

ItemMoonMagRes = Moon magic resistance

ItemAstMagRes = Astral magic resistance

ItemDarkMagRes = Dark magic resistance

ItemSunMagRes = Sun magic resistance

ItemMoonMag = Moon magic damage

ItemAstMag = Astral magic damage

ItemDarkMag = Dark magic damage

ItemSunMag = Sun magic damage

ItemPhysDmgBon = Physical damage bonus %

ItemPhysResBon = Physical defence bonus %

ItemMoonMagBon = Moon magic bonus %

ItemAstMagBon = Astral magic bonus %

ItemDarkMagBon = Dark magic bonus %

ItemSunMagBon = Sun magic bonus %

ItemBlk = Item block bonus %

ItemCrit = Item critical hit bonus %

ItemAtkSpd = Item attack speed bonus %

ItemDodge = Item dodge bonus %

ItemPen = Item penetration bonus %

ItemResi = Item resilience bonus %

ItemParry = Item Parry Bonus %

ItemAcc = Item accuracy bonus %

ItemEngInc = Item energy bonus

ItemHeaInc = Item health bonus

ItemEngReg = Item energy regeneration bonus

ItemHeaReg = Item health regeneration bonus

ItemHeaRst = Item health restoration (potions,scrolls,edibles)

ItemEngRst = Item energy restoration (potions,scrolls,edibles)

ItemStealHea = A % of damage from attacks or skills replenishes health

Hello,

I was thinking of creating a Item database with an extensive search engine, but since you plan on working on the Warspedia one, I might just drop mine.

Here is a list of attributes I was planning on incorporating into a database. A database like this could allow for some very complex and detailed searches!

ItemId = Primary key

ItemName = Name of the item

ItemType = Staff, Scroll, Axe , etc

ItemClass = Which classes can equip or use

ItemCrimson = Is item Crimson Corundum

ItemColour = The colour of the item (Grey(1), Green(2), Blue(3), Purple(4), Red)

]ItemImage = Link to image file

ItemMiracle = Yes or No can be purchased with miracle coins

ItemDescription = Item description

ItemLevel = Minimum level requirement

ItemDelay = Attack delay of weapon

ItemDrop = Where to find the item

ItemPhysDmg = Physical damage inflicted by weapon

ItemPhysRes = Physical defence of armour

ItemMoonMagRes = Moon magic resistance

ItemAstMagRes = Astral magic resistance

ItemDarkMagRes = Dark magic resistance

ItemSunMagRes = Sun magic resistance

ItemMoonMag = Moon magic damage

ItemAstMag = Astral magic damage

ItemDarkMag = Dark magic damage

ItemSunMag = Sun magic damage

ItemPhysDmgBon = Physical damage bonus %

ItemPhysResBon = Physical defence bonus %

ItemMoonMagBon = Moon magic bonus %

ItemAstMagBon = Astral magic bonus %

ItemDarkMagBon = Dark magic bonus %

ItemSunMagBon = Sun magic bonus %

ItemBlk = Item block bonus %

ItemCrit = Item critical hit bonus %

ItemAtkSpd = Item attack speed bonus %

ItemDodge = Item dodge bonus %

ItemPen = Item penetration bonus %

ItemResi = Item resilience bonus %

ItemParry = Item Parry Bonus %

ItemAcc = Item accuracy bonus %

ItemEngInc = Item energy bonus

ItemHeaInc = Item health bonus

ItemEngReg = Item energy regeneration bonus

ItemHeaReg = Item health regeneration bonus

ItemHeaRst = Item health restoration (potions,scrolls,edibles)

ItemEngRst = Item energy restoration (potions,scrolls,edibles)

ItemStealHea = A % of damage from attacks or skills replenishes health

nice idea

this would help search for any items based on any  query! I was thinking of creating something similar while I was taking Database class

but with new items coming out each update, and not having a good laptop, I kind of gave up

I was thinking also to use ItemID as the primary key.

if you look in game long enough, you will see that everything is listed by ItemID, in ascending order.

quests, items in bag, items in dealer, etc.

I could help you out with this if you take part. let me know how I can help.

edit: my next step was to write a program where we could take a simulated char and equip it with any items and it would display all its total stats. Oh, and dont forget about set bonus attribute!

The hardest part would be maintaining the database, which would mostly consist of updating it with new items. The initial filling of the database would take a lot of time as well. I'm also worried about being able to code such complex search statements in PHP and MYSQL.

I would like to add a feature where the user could press a +/- button next to the item and it would amplify it in real time to show you the new attributes. This so far is not possible because nobody has reverse engineered the algorithm that AIGrind uses to amplify items.

The hardest part would be maintaining the database, which would mostly consist of updating it with new items. The initial filling of the database would take a lot of time as well. I'm also worried about being able to code such complex search statements in PHP and MYSQL.

I would like to add a feature where the user could press a +/- button next to the item and it would amplify it in real time to show you the new attributes. This so far is not possible because nobody has reverse engineered the algorithm that AIGrind uses to amplify items.

lol, I was thinking about a simulated 100% amp system as well  ;D

I wanted to upload a pic for each equipment too, so people can recognize items easier.

but I was extremely busy at the time with work and school, I did not have the time to write down all stats and take screenshots for each item. Especially limited edition items like old grinch cloaks and other winter sets.