Questions about moderator applications

snorlax

Question

• Developer

Here you can ask any question related to thread Applications for moderator positions.

Offtop, flood, flame will be deleted. For free conversations you check Tavern.

I would just like to suggest that the moderator applications should be private.

Usually on other forum websites, a new sub-forum is made solely for moderator applications.

The interested applicants make a separate thread in that sub-forum explaining what is asked to.Only mods and the user can see the thread he/she created.

This way the user can maintain his privacy and still be able to share his personal details with Mods.

It is the first time i am seeing mod applications being public.

I also got the same idea when I first saw it, and they shouldn't even give out specific questions. They should just ask the person why does he want to be a Mod and why.

We couldn't even write a full novel about ourselves. It was more like a 5minute quick interview. Plus it was in public, even if we wanted to write about ourselves, we couldn't.

I'm wondering if developers/moderators really know the ppl they chosed, and about their past in WS. So funny.

Yes, they totally know everything. And this applications are for being a forum moderator not a game moderator. So your past in WS isn't so important. The important thing is your past in forums.

I'm wondering if developers/moderators really know the ppl they chosed, and about their past in WS. So funny.

I don't think so :unknw: seems like they just wanted ducklings.

And in the end swaaz turning out to be the best! Who knew!

I don't think so :unknw: seems like they just wanted ducklings.

And in the end swaaz turning out to be the best! Who knew!

What, ducklings?

Yes, they totally know everything. And this applications are for being a forum moderator not a game moderator. So your past in WS isn't so important. The important thing is your past in forums.

even if you just check past in forum its surprising who they chosed.. (not everyone...but some)..

btw when you scam and insult and so on ingame, you shouldnt be forum moderator! even if you behave in forum

Stop dragging ingame to forum. They didn't ask for our ingame story and if they did im sure they could check it anytime. What has happened in the past has happened already, sure i was flaming a lot but now i can't do so anymore, and if i do, there's a moderator in every section to take care of such. I don't see why some don't like the moderators chosen, but hey, we applied to do work, not get judged by people whom all can do is sit and judge other's work.

Stop dragging ingame to forum. They didn't ask for our ingame story and if they did im sure they could check it anytime. What has happened in the past has happened already, sure i was flaming a lot but now i can't do so anymore, and if i do, there's a moderator in every section to take care of such. I don't see why some don't like the moderators chosen, but hey, we applied to do work, not get judged by people whom all can do is sit and judge other's work.

you do a great job and you arent one of the people i/we talk about.

but compare it with this,should somebody who stole on sunday get the job of a police officer on monday?

especially when there are ppl who can do the job as good as the bad person and didnt act bad the days before..

my oppinion.

good luck to the new mods

Your example is totally different from this case, but thanks for saying so.

Anyhow, i'd like the irony and judging to cease, at least to avoid grudges.

Well, I think users should be allowed to voice their opinions whether it means anything or not, of course it's expected that chosen applicants will be scrutinized and of course past actions will come to light. I guess the real test is how they handle it.

Good on them though who actually applied and want to do the job, it's a dirty business but naturally one would question how in the world admins would think some of them would make good mods  :unknw:

It's a hoot! Popcorning hard!

cry me a river

someones mad.

a racist misogynist, #1 hypocrite

I bet the ladies must love you.

how do you treat your gf, if you ever had one?

"What you expect me to hold the door open for you just because 'your' a woman?

Why dont you hold the door open for me fuking inbred"

you are a fąg and nobody likes you. Get a life and stop seeking drama here, people are tired of you starting drama everywhere against everyone who makes you feel inferior.

such gay drama maker

wow

Go away prick

Ps: YOUR English still sucks

muchas gracias, I appreciate that  :give_rose:

Lets ignore the little girl and go back to topic ;D

Опубликованное фото

Lol see what I mean?

I knew his indirect attempts to start drama against me in different threads came from somewhere

umad cuz Im mod now?

So much that you have to take an expression and make it seem like it was meant LITERALLY  while 90% of the rest of the forum does the same and yet nothing is said

lol nice try, keep crying, keep implying.

everybody hates me  :blush:

mods werent chosen based on how much they are "liked" by other forum users

mods arent supposed to be everybodys friend, somebodys gotta put their foot down

i can admit i dont like a certain mod chosen too, but im the last person to talk. if you truly feel we are doing our job wrong then bring up our actions since we were promoted, bringing up anything in the past to hold a grudge is just silly, considering everybody isnt a saint.

i of the very least changed my attitude in accordance with my new privileges, no more telling people off  :cray:

with great power comes great responsibility

Lol,some mods are being over paranoid about the whole mod thing :snorlax:

Idk about u,but imo swazz is being the #1 mod atm,the guy is chilled,taking his work lightly without being over protective,just get rid of slang shit when it is ment to offend others,then comes gi and mecha,idk about the others but you are not a robot nor you are modding some five-star bank,just keep forums free from shit offending others or dramas,spams are k until people get annoyed to the point of reporting it,idk about everyone but tavern,class discussions,and guides are #1 forum sections atm for me

And @the random brah with weirdo exambles,if u r so offended by someone's flaming on the internet,i recommend you to quit forums,might as well take your diapers with you,as for the scamming thing,voice who is he outloud with evidence,even without evidence if you really believe it,no need to go around implying stuff because u actually sound like a scammer yourself doing that :snorlax:

Well... let's explain myself.

After all, let me say i'm complety agree whit Hamstring.

For sure I didn't applied, I'm enough busy right now, and couldn't find the time to do this job. Still yeah, i feel free to post my opinion, becouse i'm a player of Warspear,and if WS have such of success is also becouse of all of us. No players no game.

I was so happy seeing some of you guys being moderators.

As Hamstringg said, it's normal we talk about the chosen mods. Don't take it in a bad way, you all are doing a gud job.

Now, i wasn't talking about ingame/forum stuff like insulting etc.

Deleted the last part, i really don't care xD be happy

if anyone is caught cheating their device will be blocked from game and forums.

thats of course, if they get caught by devs

But thats different from trying to bring someone down by fishing for lame excuses and exaggerating them like some other people have been trying to do.  just trying to get at someone for personal reasons  :bad:

thats like trying to get your neighbor fired from their job over some petty personal old dramas

๓ęçђą ↯ şąเұąŋ, already lost too much time on this.

Let me follow my own tip and keep myself out of this.

And I'm agree whit you about the personal things stuff.

But i'm not that type of person, right now, I'm really surprised by Swaaz job, and in a gud way. :good:

Simply calling spades spades, it had to do with the immediate convo. Sorry if I used mecha to illustrate questionable decisions on admins behalf but it was so prime I couldn't help myself. Would you like me to hunt for something of Swaaz's or Egoist's to make the same point? Would that settle your sensibilities?

Mad? Go fish.

Forum here is for questions and concerns and discussion. Shoot me :give_rose:

hmmm is that why you and the other one have been subliminally instigating against me in other topics, even before I became mod?

face it, yall dont like me and are trying to bring me down out of personal anger.  You dont have to hide it. If yall dont like my posts oh well, dont come forums then. Yall act like anybody who doesnt kiss yall asses has to become a pariah.

You're right, I don't like you but it has nothing to do with the topic other than your lacking in common decency to refrain from derogatory slurs being my go to example to show my thoughts on the matter.

If 'yall' don't like it 'yall' can stop coming to forums as well. Who's making it personal?

Nice said bia,completely my oppinion

@calamity: read closer,you didnt even understand what i meant so stop talking bullshit when you cant even understand anything.thx.

i think its just normal that we talk about the new mods.until now they did a good job,still i am not a fan of some ppl being mod.

just my oppinion. And i still wish every mod good luck!

If you get selected Snorlax will pm you and ask you to confirm you want the position. I think the question you should be asking is "are they picking more mods?"

There were a couple of other applicants who seemed fit for the job.

:facepalm:

My post was ment to catclean lol

Anyway,im out of this,should have realised way sooner from the style of writing -_-

Geez with ppl's ego lol,some people are just stuck in the past for real,let me give a weird examble as well,will u move on if a friend deleted all your chars but u know that he was just cought in a moment of rage? imo one should get the better of his pride no matter what the shit is