"Area"-type spells, bug or not?

philshirn

Dear Developers,I noticed something very annoying with "area"-type spells. I have a Warlock and I have noticed then whenever I'm already in a battle and whenever I want to use the spell "Dark circle", after I clicked a point to where I want to cast the spell, why does my character moves first to the point where I casted the spell before casting it successfully? Is it a bug or is it really the way it is? Am I the only one sufferring from this problem? I play on Symbian s60v3.Thanks in advance :)

Your character doesn't actually move at all. You will still remain on the same spot you were earlier.

So if you "moved" because of using circle/plash you would be invulnerable to any area skills in the spot you see your character standing. However, if an area skill is used on the spot where you used to stand (and where you are actually still standing) it would have an effect on you.

Your character doesn't actually move at all. You will still remain on the same spot you were earlier.

So if you "moved" because of using circle/plash you would be invulnerable to any area skills in the spot you see your character standing. However, if an area skill is used on the spot where you used to stand (and where you are actually still standing) it would have an effect on you.

Exactly. The game has really poorly optimised position display. What you see is not always what server sees.

For example, you probably had a situation where you cast area spell on enemy, but it doesn't affect it. Or, you see someone attacking you with melee attack from distance. Or sometimes you perform an action (gathering, looting, changing map) faster/slower than usually.

That's because your game displays different position from the one that server sees. It's annoying.

It is not position-bugged. Executing Dark circle (but also earthquake of shaman) targetted an mob/player makes the char walk to the middle of that spot first. Solution is disable the target by clicking on your char (or walk to another spot) before activating the skill.

Sry, but its not a bug its just a places/locations problem.

maybe you should start a lock or shaman lvl 1, click zillion times on the same place, wait for an hour so you are sure you are on that spot. Click on a mob, cast earthquake/circles on the mob and see what happens :)

maybe you should start a lock or shaman lvl 1, click zillion times on the same place, wait for an hour so you are sure you are on that spot. Click on a mob, cast earthquake/circles on the mob and see what happens :)

I tried it with the snow skill it's not a bug its just a locations/spot problem.

It is absolutely not. Why should a char walk to the centre of a circle/earthquake and then casts it only, but always (100%), when the char has the mob/player targeted already?

This topic just fails, srsly.

You guys don't even completely understand the main point nor understand each other's when both added up equals to the actual thing.

This normally happens when you are locked on a target and use an click-on-area skill that doesn't make you move, you will normally walk toward that spot in a second and then actually use it. It will delay it, which is the huge downside of it, but yes, as stated above there is also another huge downside depending on how things go. If you use a range click-on-area skill that doesn't make you move, such as Dark Circle, you will walk toward that spot - stop moving and cast it after a second - LOOKS like you are standing on that spot where you have stopped in YOUR PERSPECTIVE. BUT what is really happening is that you are on the exact spot you used that click-on-area skill and not in the place you moved to because of this bug.

Ya get what I'm sayin brah?

'nuff.

Solution already stated above,

Remove target and cast the skill.

Reason to why this happens remains unknown.

My guess is that it has something to do with auto-attacks that bugs it out.

Also to add - This also delays Mage's teleport.