Barbarian Guide

Vomm

So you have chosen the path of a Barbarian? Good choice! Read this guide, it will tell you all you need to know about the warriors of Mountain Clan.

- Table of Contents:

1. Introduction to Barbarian

2. Active Skills

3. Passive Skills

4. Skill builds

5. Equipments

1. Introduction:

The Barbarians are the mighty warriors of Mountain Clan who rely on their strength and incredible toughness to win battles . Their unhumanly strength, beastly rage and ruthlessness in battle makes them a truly fearsome enemy. No one wants to start a battle waiting for the enemy to come at you, and get the first couple hits. As a barbarian, you will have the ability to charge at your enemies and struck fear into their eyes before the fight even starts!! Your fighting abilities and skills will help you significantly, to you and your friends when hunting Elves or simply hunting bosses.

2. Active Skills:

Active Skills is a skill which can be activated and controlled by mouse or keyboard. They take mana and grant an immediate effect. You get skill points when you level up, you can use these skill points to improve the effectiveness of your active skills

Barbarians have 5 deadly and useful active skills.

Strong Blow: Is one of Barbarians most important skill. You must always keep this skill at 5 skill point if you want to be an effective barbarian. It is a strike that deals heightened damage to the enemy, the strength of damage increases with the skills progression it causes physical damage.

[usage range: 1 yard]         

[Energy expense: 16 points]

[Cooldown : 7 Seconds]

Опубликованное фото

Roar: A Barbarians Roar can be very helpful when killing monsters or hunting elf's. It is a frightening roar that can detect rogues 'Stealth and reduces the Strength of any incoming attacks, lowering their damage. The more skill point's you add into this, the more damage you will decrease.

[Energy Expenses: 16 ponits]

[Cooldown: 15 seconds]

Опубликованное фото

Taunt: A Barbarians taunt can be useful when doing hunts or killing a boss in a team because, it attracts the target's attention and makes the enemy attack your character. If you used it on a enemy character, both you and the enemy will lose his target. The time of this skill effect increases with each level.

[usage range: 5 yards]

[Energy expense: 7 points]

[Cooldown: 8 seconds]

Опубликованное фото

Chop: Is low damage skill. But can be very useful. It is an additional damage that causes the target to bleed, resulting in physical damage over time. Can be used multiple time against one enemy stacking to a maximum of 2. Chop is a great way to keep range attackers close, damage from bleed will make it very difficult for them to run. It can also be used to run away from an opponent.

[usage range: 1 yard]

[Energy expense: 11 points]

[Cooldown: 6 seconds]

Опубликованное фото

Charge: Is barbarians best skill. It instantly rushes to the enemy from a distance of more than two yards, and with a strong blow, may stun the target. This can be very useful when killing casters. The chances of stunning the target increases with skill progress.

[usage range:  5 yards]

[Energy expense: 22 points]

[Cooldown: 20 seconds]

Опубликованное фото

3. Passive Skills:

A passive skill is a skill that is always active and doesn't require user interaction to use.

Mountain's Power: This increases character's health by 4%, it also increases defence against sun magic by 5%.

One-handed sword:- This allows you to use one-handed swords.

One-handed axe:- This allows you to use one-handed axes.

Shield:- This allows one to use shields.

Two-handed swords:- This allows you to use two-handed swords.

Two-handed axes:- This allows you to use two-handed axes.

Lightweight Armor:- This allows you to wear light armor.

Heavy Armor:- This allows you to wear heavy armor.

4. Here are the skill build up for all you Barbarian lovers out there:

From level 1 - 14 - I recommend you to use your skills on, Charge and Strong Blow, get both of them at 5. They are barbarians most useful skills, and are the one you will need the most when levelling up.

From 15  - 18 - I definitely recommend you to use your 3 skills points, that you will be given, on either Chop or Roar. Chop is the favourite and that's what most barbarians use it on.

And even though you're clearly a combat-oriented character, you can fill many different roles when playing as a barbarian. You can be a Tanker, Attacker or a bit of both, if you like to mix things up.

When you have reached level 20. You can use BOOK OF OBLIVION to RESET all your skills point. And then you can decide what kind of Barbarian you want to be.

Attacker:

This is for the Arena and PVP lovers.

Strong blow : 5

Roar: 1

Taunt: 1

Chop: 5

Charge: 5

Defensive Barbarian:

This is for the Tank Barbarians. 1h and a Shield.

Strong blow: 5

Roar: 5

Taunt: 5

Chop: 1

Charge: 1

Mix Barbarian:

This is for those who love being a Tank and also love doing Arena/PVP matches.

Roar:1

Taunt: 3

Chop: 3

Charge: 5

5. Equipments:

> From Level 1- 8

Buy and use NOVICE SET. If you cannot afford to buy a novice set, then fear not!  You can simply buy the 1- 8 gears with quest golds, and if you cannot afford to buy them all, then buy just the weapon.

> From Level 9-11

You can find some very good gears in shop at the first town. These items will cost very much if you're not an mc buyer, so if you can, just get the weapon and not worry too much about the gears. It is the damage which is the most important at this level.

> Level 12 - 14

You can hunt small mini bosses for items or buy them from another players in the market.

> From 15 - 17

Again, You can hunt small mini bosses for the items or buy them from another players in the market. You can also buy and use the arena equipments/weapons when you reach level 17.

> From 18 - 20

This level is where the fun starts! Every Barbarian should try and reach this level. There are so many great weapons and equipments that can improve your overall defence and attack.

This is what every Attacker, Tanker and Mix Barbarian should wear.

ATTACKER:

For sheer damage-dealing ability, nothing beats a two-handed weapon, especially when you're in rage, blood-thirsty hungry mode and ready to smash your enemies in to pieces. But a two-handed weapon does prevent you from using a shield. You will lose a good amount of defence for a high damage.

Опубликованное фото

Labrys Of Sudden Doom

Champion Plate Armor

Champion Heaume

Champion Gauntlets

Champion Treads

Champion Girdle

Abyss Zealot Chased Ring

http://i.imgur.com/MmQXBWX.png' class='bbc_url' title='Внешняя ссылка' rel='nofollow external'>Medallion of inward power

Abyss Zealot's Cloak

TANK:

For tank, 1 hand and Shield is the way to go. It will will help you significantly. You will have the best possible Health and Defence in the game. You will also have a high parry, dodge, block and health regeneration. Joining and stacking these stats together, is what makes a good Barbarian, the best tank in the game.

Опубликованное фото

Hatchet Of Sudden Doom

Shield Of Heroic Endurance

Hauberk Of Heroic Endurance

Plate Gloves Of Heroic Endurance

Treads Of Divine Defense

Heaume Of Divine Defense

Star Pilgrim's Sword Belt

Abyss Zealot Chased Ring

http://i.imgur.com/MmQXBWX.png' class='bbc_url' title='Внешняя ссылка' rel='nofollow external'>Medallion of inward power

Abyss Zealot's Cloak

MIX BARBARIAN:

With mix set you will feel a lot more 'flexible. You will feel fast and deal alot more damage, and this is because, of the fact that you will have more speed and a 'chance (%) to critical hit your enemies even more so than before. Your main stats to focus on will be, Critical, Accuracy, Speed and Penetration. These stats are mostly found on the leather gears.

Barbarians can equip leather because of their passive skill and can choose to mix between leather and heavy if they wish to.

Опубликованное фото

Labrys Of Sudden Doom

Tread's Of Divine Defence

Killing Whisper Mask

Killing Whisper Bracelets

Killing Whisper Brigadine

Star Pilgrim's Girdle

Abyss Zealot's Carved Ring

Abyss Zealot's Cloak

#(click on the names to open/see screenshot of the item)

I very very like it !!

You shud mention also as an "extra" thing, with the roar you have chance detect the invisible players ( like rogues ).

(I just heard about it, so correct me if its wrong).

Goooood Luckkk,  nice work !!

I very very like it !!

You shud mention also as an "extra" thing, with the roar you have chance detect the invisible players ( like rogues ).

True.

I very very like it !!

Added! Thanks Cia

I very very like it !!

That's true, don't wanna sound like a douche but I think I found this (never saw this in forums or any other barb use this), so yeah, can confirm

Not really a guide, more of a skill explanation and your builds.

If you could explain differences between level 1 and level 5 skills, tell more about twohanded vs sword and board, what equipment to wear, which stats are most useful on barb, etc. Try to make it something interesting that a beginner barbarian won't find anywhere else.

Not really a guide, more of a skill explanation and your builds.

If you could explain differences between level 1 and level 5 skills, tell more about twohanded vs sword and board, what equipment to wear, which stats are most useful on barb, etc. Try to make it something interesting that a beginner barbarian won't find anywhere else.

It is still under development and not 100% finished.

I am focusing mainly more on the skills and equipments for now. But I will definitely try adding stats and other interesting tips before the contest ends.

Ty for commenting xx

Missed out a secret ^^ shilan and male know xd

It is a 50/50 chance.

There is no such a thing as an 90% successful charge rate. That would make barbarians cray!

It is a 50/50 chance.

There is no such a thing as an 90% successful charge rate. That would make barbarians cray!

barbs are cray already check out hassn lmao, and already 2 barbs know the 90% thingy (shilan and thaplayah) just ask them if its true

barbs are cray already check out hassn lmao, and already 2 barbs know the 90% thingy (shilan and thaplayah) just ask them if its true

Charge rates do increase,  but not up to 90%

This is for the Tank Barbarians. 1h and a Shield.

Roar: 5

Taunt: 5

Chop: 1

Charge: 1

If you are tank, there is no need for taunt. I would go 5 chop instead of taunt. You want to kill what you're tanking as soon as possible (asap).

@Darkzain

My guess 1 =10% 2 =20% 3 =30% 4 =40% 5 =50%

The reason why Hassn is such a monster is his arena reward equipment from last season.  +10% damage + 4.8% resilience + mana regeneration (can max penetration) + level 20 equipment = + defense + health + whatever enchanting. On top of that is always using buffs.

So yeah. And how do you get rewarded such powerful equipment?  Cheating ofc. Spam killing yourself multi arena. :facepalm: sorry for rant brah xd

@ Supre.

Yes, I agree. But not many will have a +10 1h.

Their damage will be extremely low when hunting a boss in a party.

Taunt will allow them to be the tank, for a short period of time anyway.

You should not add "energy expense" because it changes as you level up the skill

Yes, it changes.

It goes up +1 every time you level a skill. Which is not a big difference.

Btw. Hola..

Great guide. After viewing yours I feel like mine would be obsolete.  All it needs is fine tuning.  True mana expense increases with level. Also instead on still screens for skills, you might want to go with .gif or short video for motion and example of use. That will really stand out. But like you say and I agree; Guide isn't finished and no great guide ever is. There's always room for improvement.  Especially since game continues to evolve. 

Taunt is useless after boss's have -50% health so...

Can't call yourself a tank if you ain't gonna tank  ;D

True that!

But how else can you be the tank when you have Rogues, Shamans and Locks who are doing far more damage then you? xD

Going 1h and shield does have its pros and cons, like everything else.

• 3 weeks later...