dare to be a ranger :)

juniorcel

HOW TO BE A GOOD RANGER

Hey all  :friends:  . in this guide I will try to explain how to play one of best class of warspear , ya you guessed it right its ranger  ;D

I will try to keep the guide as lucid as possible :) 

before we start our guide I want that you know some terms

• Meeles - they are those charecters which need to get close to you ( at kissing distance  :rofl: ) to attack you
  • Base damage - it is the damage that you see wen you open menu-->equipment . for ranger its basically bow/xbow damage+ enchant on it + damage that you gain with increasing lvl + any damage enhancement accessory
          Опубликованное фото

373 damage is the base damage here

• Spellcasters- these are magic user classes i.e classes that use magic to attack opponents . for ex- druids and shamans use moon magic , necros and warlock use dark magic,priests and mages use sun magic
WHAT'S AHEAD

# Introduction to ranger class

#skills

#skill builds

#equipments

#some tips to be a good ranger

#introduction to ranger class

If you are a new player then ranger is one of best class to start your game with . As the name suggests this class is a marksman type class with expertise in hitting arrows

^a ranger class is a highly offensive class

^a ranger class is average at defensive skills

^as a support ranger is basically of minimal use

with ranger questing will be cakewalk for you if you keep your bow updated bcoz ranger is the best offensive class of game probably. you surely are gonna enjoy killing opponents in wink of a eye  ;)

#Skills

1) Powerful shot

It is the general  extra damage skill . It adds some extra damage to your base damage based on skill level i.e as you level the skill the amount of damage you deal for same base damage increases

Опубликованное фото

ps shows power shot its damage is shown by blue numbers as you can see it is more than base damage(that's shown in white)

Pros

Low cooldown time is best thing about this skill . This skill has a cooldown of 8 sec that makes it one of most important skills to be lvled up in early stages of your gameplay as ranger

Cons

No real negative points about this skill but there are better skills to be lvled up

2)Scatter shot

In this skill the ranger shoots enchanted arrows which pushes away enemy to a certain distance depending upon skill level

Опубликованное фото

Just below the name of mob you can see a buff ,that's scatter buff means mob is scattered

Pros

This is the one of best skill to fight meele classes bcoz it helps you to keep them away and you can utilize your range attacks to kill them while keeping them away from you

Cons

This skill fails a lot , if you keep it at level 1 it fails a lot , but as you increase level of skill its success chance increases

3)Evasion

This is a buff skill which buffs up your ranger and increase your dodge stats for some time depending upon level of skill. Dodge helps you to evade any kind of attack be it magic attack or physical attack

Опубликованное фото

Just below your heroes name (which in pic is shootercel) we can see 2 buffs first one is buff for evasion and 2nd buff is for blessing . The buffs activity shows the time period of these skills:)

Pros

This is actually a preety handy skill if you wana make a defensive ranger bcoz at higher skill level it adds significant amount of dodge to your stats which can come in very handy to fight spellcasters(those who do magic attacks like shaman druid warlock mage necro priest).

This skill can be very handy against spellcasters is because generally magic type heroes hav low accuracy so if you increase dodge

your chances to survive is enhanced

Cons

You will hav to sacrifice other important skills to upgrade this skill so maybe its not gona be very good

4)Blessing

This is the most important skill of ranger . In this ranger gets a chance to deal additional damage after any attack i.e its like hitting twice at same moment . The additional damage you deal is equal to your base damage. So lets say if your base damage is 300 nd you hit 280 on some game mob then when this skill is active you hav chance to hit 280 twice at same time . This is the skill which you should upgrade to max

Опубликованное фото

You can see double normal damage on the mob that's the effect of blessing ,as said its like shooting from two bows at same time. Notice that blessing buff is just below heroes name signifying blessing skill is active

Pros

Increases the damage per second (dps) capability of ranger very effectively thus making ranger a killer

Cons

Chances to hit twice while blessing is on is not 100% its something around 40-50%. To really feel the difference with this skill u need to make it lvl 5

5)Trap

Ranger puts a trap to immobilize the trapped enemy for some time. Duration of trap depends upon skill level . This is a skill good to fight meele opponents

Опубликованное фото

Arrow shows the mob trapped in rangers trap

Pros

As said this helps keep the meele opponents away from you thus you can use your range benefit to kill them

Cons

~There is a lot of time delay in activation of trap over opponent. So mayb you can see the opponent walking over trap sometimes nd trap working after 2 sec

~ This skill is quite useless against other range attackers like all the spellcasters , bcoz immobilizing them will not stop them from hitting you as they also have ranged attacks

So you should alwayz level powerful shot and blessing alternatively in first few lvls bcoz they will help you level faster :)

So this is all about skills now lets move into skill builds

#Skill builds

Basically you can make a ranger offensive defensive or hybrid type lets look into all these types, you will get a total of 12 skill points  to distribute in 5 skills so you will have to choose wisely  ;)

^Offensive ranger

Sounds dangerous  :bomb:  . Well offense is the greatest strength of ranger so you can choose this build

power shot 5

scatter shot 5

evasion 1

blessing 5

trap 1

Now this skill setup allows you to destroy ur target pretty fast . Scatter is good for offense bcoz while enemy is pushed away you can still atk him so it gives you extra time over your enemy to attack.

But on the darker side you can die pretty fast by any opponents who can stun you first

Alwayz remember A STUNNED RANGER IS A DEAD RANGER .

^Defensive ranger

Well if you can survive longer you can do more damage  ;) . that's in the root of this build

power shot 1

scatter shot 5

evasion 1

blessing 5

trap 5

There is nothing special about this setup except the fact that meeles wont be able to touch you , they will practically die trying to touch u  :rofl:

^Hybrid build

Well this is the way to go as a ranger according to me

power shot 1

scatter shot 4

evasion 4

blessing 5

trap 3

If you wana be a ranger who can stand for some time in wars this the way to do it. Evasion 4 increases ur dodge which will come handy fighting spellcasters and make you survive longer . Personally its my favourite skill build for a ranger because it provides u resistance against magic users as well as physical damage dealers :)

#Equipments

Before we start on equipments you must know ranger can use 2 kinds of weapon bows nd crossbows,

• bows= good for pvp , low atk but fast speed
  • crossbow= good  for hunt, high atk but low speed
Ok now lets take look at some equips

Level 1 to 9: It is preferable to use novice set from the start till  level 7 but dnt forget to buy some rings ,amulet nd cloak wen u reach lvl 7

Level 9 to 13: You should try to get all lvl 9 equips nd accessories from the ilhor shop

Level 13 to 15: There are 2 ways to go around this one, either hunt the weak bosses found in islenort or buy level 13 equips from other players

Level 15 to 17: I suggest you stay at lvl 14 for some time and try to farm arena points for some time then you can buy some good lvl 17 equips in arena shop. Arena set is very good set for you till you dnt hav money to buy other sets, later  you can mix it with other set nd make the best set for urself

Level 18 to 20:It is preferable to have lvl 17 lab set which will help u hunt some bosses in astral labrynith, also you should have done enough arena to have the full Level 17 arena set. Now u can mix ur sets .

For example - mix arena set with killing whisper hood nd brigandine(killing whisper is lvl 18 set that labrynith bosses drops)

Main thing about arena sets is resilience which provides defence against all kind of attacks . Later u can have multiple arena hoods and gloves, each differently enchanted with magic resists/physical resist and different crystals, according to your liking.

This is all about equips now we can talk a little about how to play ranger generally

# Some tips for rangers

As a ranger you must concentrate on 3 stats .they are

Resilience/Accuracy - Rese and accuracy are the most important stats for a ranger . Rese helps you to survive longer and accuracy makes sure that you dnt miss ur hits , really as a ranger the worst sight is seeing your arrows getting dodged :shok: 

Critical Rate - Its the second most important stat for ranger increasing it can come in handy to increase to increase ur dps

Except these 3 stats other stats thatyo u should look out for are

Dodge/Pene - Dodge helps you survive longer And pene increases ur effective damage on a opponent(it doesnot increase ur base damage but decreases the effect of opponents armor so u hit him more:) )

Speed - Well speed is a good stat to have but to get a speed rate which will really make a difference you need to sacrifice a lot of things so my advice is keep rese/accuracy/crit rate as ur priority. And anyway if you want speed you can alwaz use bows instead of crossbows ;)

Опубликованное фото

A sample ranger stats ( look at the emphasis laid on combination of good accuracy crit nd rese with pene speed nd dodge playing their roles). for me its the best stat to hav as a ranger unless u wana fight some tough spellcasters

If u want stat distribution ideal to fight spellcasters screenshot below will provide u a good insight.

Опубликованное фото

PS- You can enchant ur hood nd glove with different type of magic defence according to opponent like moon def for druid,shaman

Reaching to end of this guide all I wana say is wen you play a ranger you must alwayz try to keep distance from meeles and have a good skill timing.

I will repeat again the most basic rule with ranger is A STUNNED RANGER IS A DEAD RANGER so play safe  ;D

Thank you for reading my guide . I Am alwaz ready for positive criticism or any suggestion you wana give:)

Playing a ranger will be fun I can atleast guarantee you on that ;) 

Опубликованное фото 

It is a very well detailed guide.It will be very useful for me in the future and it will surely give a run for the money to other guides out there!

Could you use less Copy/Paste from my guide next time?

Do you buy your lv9 ranger gear from Langasard's first town shop too?

You just ♥♥♥♥♥slapped "ranger" instead of "mage" and added a few "ranger" lines here-there to make it look legit.

Atleast if it's as you say; "and there is nothing bad in taking reference from some1 if u like their work, take reference nd fill in ur own information"

Atleast give credit where it's due.

+ I like your guide design, it's a very nice guide

+ screenies

- proper grammar and capitals missing

- some ppl are arguing you copied their work (don't know if that's true I hope you're original)

+ I like your guide design, it's a very nice guide

+ screenies

- proper grammar and capitals missing

- some ppl are arguing you copied their work (don't know if that's true I hope you're original)

ty :blush: . capital error rectified though I dint find any grammatical mistakes maybe u can pm me the grammatical mistakes :friends:

Regards

rahul

ty :blush: . capital error rectified though I dint find any grammatical mistakes maybe u can pm me the grammatical mistakes :friends:

Regards

rahul

Well, not grammatical mistakes, but a fluent English speech is missing. Don't worry, this shouldn't affect your Guide's rating.

1) Powerful shot

Pros

Low cooldown time is best thing about this skill . This skill has a cooldown of 7 sec that makes it one of most important skills to be lvled up in early stages of your gameplay as ranger

This is not the best thing, its the worst cooldown and its 8sec as in Pic 1

2)Scatter shot

Cons

This skill fails a lot , if you keep it at level 1 it fails a lot , but as you increase level of skill its success chance increases

since when scatter shot fails? :/ it never fails, chances doesnt increase in skill lvl

increasing skill lvl will make scattered enemies go farther each time

As for everything else good job  :)  well writen n idk about wht egoist said if true :/ but gdluck

post-15696-14177038108658_thumb.png

This is not the best thing, its the worst cooldown and its 8sec as in Pic 1

since when scatter shot fails? :/ it never fails, chances doesnt increase in skill lvl

increasing skill lvl will make scattered enemies go farther each time

As for everything else good job  :)  well writen n idk about wht egoist said if true :/ but gdluck

ty for comment lallous  :friends:

scatter shot does fail a lot . you use it and it doesn't push enemy , do u play ranger?.

and I rectified the mistake in cooldown time:)

ty for comment lallous  :friends:

scatter shot does fail a lot . you use it and it doesn't push enemy , do u play ranger?.

and I rectified the mistake in cooldown time:)

lvl1 scatter is a 1yard blind back

lvl5 scatter is a 4-5yard, idk correct numbers but becuz i never tested it to know correct number

i know wht u mean by fail, and sry but its not a fail scatter, its when enemie stands in a way that the ranger is shooting at him and an obstacle is in the line of the scatter, doesnt matter if the enemie's back is at the obstacle, just the line between ranger n enemie is, so when the ranger scatter the enemie, the enemie will stay inplace becuz he cant move back becuz of the obstacle bloking him

when i play my paladin running to a ranger, i usually make myself in a line where an obstacle is behind me, so the ranger will lose his advantage of knocking me back far

and i play ranger also n try not to use scatter shot when enemie is not infront of an obstacle

lvl20 ranger khalaan (my gf left game) us

lvl16 ranger zeusxfast (eu)

lvl14 ranger zeusxfast (us) xD

studying all skills of all classes is wht makes a player gd n pro :) knowing ur enemie before knowing urself

lvl1 scatter is a 1yard blind back

lvl5 scatter is a 4-5yard, idk correct numbers but becuz i never tested it to know correct number

i know wht u mean by fail, and sry but its not a fail scatter, its when enemie stands in a way that the ranger is shooting at him and an obstacle is in the line of the scatter, doesnt matter if the enemie's back is at the obstacle, just the line between ranger n enemie is, so when the ranger scatter the enemie, the enemie will stay inplace becuz he cant move back becuz of the obstacle bloking him

when i play my paladin running to a ranger, i usually make myself in a line where an obstacle is behind me, so the ranger will lose his advantage of knocking me back far

and i play ranger also n try not to use scatter shot when enemie is not infront of an obstacle

lvl20 ranger khalaan (my gf left game) us

lvl16 ranger zeusxfast (eu)

lvl14 ranger zeusxfast (us) xD

studying all skills of all classes is wht makes a player gd n pro :) knowing ur enemie before knowing urself

it does fail wen even there is no obstacle I will try to get a ss for u regarding the same :) . but ty for ur feedback ;)

• 2 weeks later...

IF anyone wants to start as "Ranger Class" then I would personally recommend that you go through this very well documented guide. Its very important that a guide explains the basic concepts, so as to make their class strong and use is it the right manner.

Great Job and hope you would win the contest.

IF anyone wants to start as "Ranger Class" then I would personally recommend that you go through this very well documented guide. Its very important that a guide explains the basic concepts, so as to make their class strong and use is it the right manner.

Great Job and hope you would win the contest.

ty:)

• 2 years later...

you can't be hybrid ranger, to be PvP ranger you must sacrifice lot of damage skills to stun skills (scatter, trap, cage, etc.) and to be PvE ranger you don't need most of this stun skills in dungeon/farming/hunting

even full pvp ranger will hard to kill pve bladedancer or any tanks

don't be decieved by ranger's status in character creation, many have fallen to this trap

Edited by Jzargo Archmage