Active skill delay very high - am I the only one?

ObbbsUpppsYppps

Hi all!

Playing several chars my impression of mage is that the delay time for activate skills ist highest in game. Compared with priest or pala its like driving a 50 year old mercedes with servo stearing vs. driving a sportscar...

It cant be the connection to internet cause i use same connection for all chars ;)

During farming mobs it's irrelevant but: in arena or during pvp half a second delaytime (sometimes more...) for mage means mage is dead.

As a programmer I think that the order of procedure calls (graphics, actions, counters, ...) is different or the first called procedures simply takes longer for mage than in other classes.

Am I the only one with this impression?

Feel free to comment.

Best regards!

Hi all!

Playing several chars my impression of mage is that the delay time for activate skills ist highest in game. Compared with priest or pala its like driving a 50 year old mercedes with servo stearing vs. driving a sportscar...

It cant be the connection to internet cause i use same connection for all chars ;)

During farming mobs it's irrelevant but: in arena or during pvp half a second delaytime (sometimes more...) for mage means mage is dead.

As a programmer I think that the order of procedure calls (graphics, actions, counters, ...) is different or the first called procedures simply take longer for mage than in other classes.

Am I the only one with this impression?

Feel free to comment.

Best regards!

Every skill has a little delay so it can show the animation of the skills casting.( Except for few of the extra damage skills Flash strike, Merciless strike etc. ) And if you use time warp and your out of sync with server so that you see your char further than it actually is, it stops at the distance that you can timewarp from and waits for the "real" position to catch up. Well that's my experience with mage. And if it's few second delay then that's just lag.

• 1 month later...

Same here. Mage is slow. Similar to shaman's earthquake. I never can do it in time against bd's hamstring. But mage is slow in all aspects except fire ( first skill ). I'd like to know whether is that intentionally or just any kind of processing failure as mentioned above.

I dont believe that the problem is on my side. My PC is low but still... Maybe its because mage would be OP when faster.

Spamming skills is slow for every class. There's a delay between skills. The first skill should be fast, but area-skills like teleport/earthquake/circles can be 'slow' because of bugged-positions when your char on your screen seems on the right range for the skill but on the server your position is different. In these cases the char first needs to walk till it has the right range for the skill. On your screen you see a frozen char :(