Physical defense status with new update? (level 20 up to level 30)

tamoae

Question

Well, i have a question towards physical defense.

Nowadays we can find druids with 50% more or less on his physical defense status. Which is a lot of freaking defense for a magical class.

When new itens come with higher levels (22, 25, 28 ...),  will magical classes be able to reach 60% + on physical defense?

If so, should we just put melle classes to R.I.P.?

Because even if u get a +10 weapon, lets say a +10 level 28 can reach 1k damage, a magical class can put ur great damage down to 400 damage + use skills that stun u forever.

So putting things in perspective, magical classes will have unlimited mana for using skills, will stun melle forever (you never escape their stung), n the only hit melle classes will have towards them...they can have up to 60% physical defense, making a +10 level 30 melle as useless as a +0 level 10.

So anyone got any thoughts about this?

27 answers to this question

With defense, there is also penetration. These two even each other out. So, as maximum possible armor increases, so does maximum penetration.

I demand a screenshot of a druid with 50% physical defence!

try hitting poley druid on us-saphire, my attack get down to 50% when i hit her.

im sure there are others.

With defense, there is also penetration. These two even each other out. So, as maximum possible armor increases, so does maximum penetration.

ok, but penetration will take mana regen place on rings and accuracy on gloves. so you going to run out of mana faster n get less chance to hit cause you need more penetration?

n even with higher penetration, lets say it gets to 20%, u will get 2-3 hits on a MAGICAL class with as much def as a TANK.

is just ridiculous if you ask me.

She might have used her barskin ability wich gives more % to defences? :)

still gave 50% physical defense, with guild bonus n skill, they can get 10% extra def

~30%  from ekips + ~10% from resilience + ~10% from skill n guild bonus = 50% physical def

now imagine more % from resi n ekips... 60% is def achievable with levels 20+ .

this will be a R.I.P. for melle unless u going +10 to kill a +4 magical class  :wacko:

dont forget magical classes will have even more mana regen on rings, meaning never run out of mana.

their stun skills cant be avoided...

ok, but penetration will take mana regen place on rings and accuracy on gloves. so you going to run out of mana faster n get less chance to hit cause you need more penetration?

n even with higher penetration, lets say it gets to 20%, u will get 2-3 hits on a MAGICAL class with as much def as a TANK.

is just ridiculous if you ask me.

I agree, the penetration is a bit underpowered at the moment. It could be made better.

But my point is exactly that. People use better stats like accuracy and mana regen, and complain about enemies having too much defense.

If AiGrind balanced stuff, for example by making other stats (not just damage and defense) improve through amping, there would be much more interest in those stats.

Well, i have a question towards physical defense.

Nowadays we can find druids with 50% more or less on his physical defense status. Which is a lot of freaking defense for a magical class.

When new itens come with higher levels (22, 25, 28 ...),  will magical classes be able to reach 60% + on physical defense?

If so, should we just put melle classes to R.I.P.?

Because even if u get a +10 weapon, lets say a +10 level 28 can reach 1k damage, a magical class can put ur great damage down to 400 damage + use skills that stun u forever.

So putting things in perspective, magical classes will have unlimited mana for using skills, will stun melle forever (you never escape their stung), n the only hit melle classes will have towards them...they can have up to 60% physical defense, making a +10 level 30 melle as useless as a +0 level 10.

So anyone got any thoughts about this?

How many posts are you going to make complaining about Druids?  :wacko:

still gave 50% physical defense, with guild bonus n skill, they can get 10% extra def

~30%  from ekips + ~10% from resilience + ~10% from skill n guild bonus = 50% physical def

now imagine more % from resi n ekips... 60% is def achievable with levels 20+ .

this will be a R.I.P. for melle unless u going +10 to kill a +4 magical class  :wacko:

dont forget magical classes will have even more mana regen on rings, meaning never run out of mana.

their stun skills cant be avoided...

magical classes' equipments have the lowest physical def lol

And i think a tanker classes can reach more than 40% physical def... You can calculate that with resi and the guild skills too

How many posts are you going to make complaining about Druids?  :wacko:

not complaining about druids :nea:

all magical classes can get to ~40% physical def by themselves, with the skills from druid n shamans it goes up to ~50%

n thats what they reach now with level 20...so they can go higher with level 22+.

That been said should we just put melle to R.I.P. and make game full of shamans, druids, locks?

magical classes' equipments have the lowest physical def lol

And i think a tanker classes can reach more than 40% physical def... You can calculate that with resi and the guild skills too

yes, they have the lowest but yet they can reach 2500+ on physical defense.

tank can reach higher for sure, but will 50% physical defense from tank do anything against a magical class?  :nea: :blush:

I actually think the cloth armor has too much def. I think it rsther dhould be a ridiculous amount, like that the lvl 20 cloth armor got as much as the lvl 5 heavy armor or so. I mean, how the hell could cloth protect you from a sword? :wacko:

I actually think the cloth armor has too much def. I think it rsther dhould be a ridiculous amount, like that the lvl 20 cloth armor got as much as the lvl 5 heavy armor or so. I mean, how the hell could cloth protect you from a sword? :wacko:

RIGHT?  I think the same and just for the numbers, +10 Cloth armor (295) has about the same defense as +6 Heavy armor(301) (both from arena level 17).

I am just wondering what will happen if casters can get hm..70%.Phy def when lvl30 update comes.i guess RIP melees.

melles are already on a R.I.P. situation, with 40% physical defense magic classes already owning.

right now, the ones near +10 reach that..with level 25+, my guess is +6 or +7 will be already enough for them to reach 40%.

Thus, any magic class +6 or higher will be able to tank melle  :bad:

i just wanna know what will happen, cause if this game just walk to an even more unbalanced scenary towards melle chars, i will put mine to R.I.P and MAYBE keep playing with lock or shaman. or just follow others n abadon the ship.  :drinks:

actually i agree with the imbalance.

any cloth class can just use full resilience gears to achieve 20%+ resilience which is already a hard nut to crack for regular/normal amp melees.

add in the multiple ways that cloth classes have at their disposal for delaying or stunning melees, that would inevitably put them into the hard to kill category for melees unless he is +10.

for higher levels (ie level 30) the heavy armour (even if amped to +10) is going to do nothing to reduce the cloth class attack damage but the same cannot be said for the cloth armour against the melee damage.

knowing that, the high level heavy armour "advantage" that the melees have will only be useful in pve situations against mobs and for balancing other pvp physical attacks damage in my opinion.

on the other hand, cloth classes amping their armour would also not help or reduce any damage against other cloth classes. so for high level cloth classes fights its going to be like glass cannons attacking each other ending the fight pretty quickly.

so yeah, why dont we all just play cloth classes to avoid the "meleecist" that the game is imposing.

... so what?

lets just say not everyone enjoys playing as a magical class, and making it so melles become uselless noobs even if you amp them hard...

you will just see a bunch of people stop playing this game.

Resilience should only reduce Critical chance and damage, in my opinion. -It should not add to physical defense %-

or......

Change Resilience % to all defences both physical and magical

Both options would help melee classes

Resilience should only reduce Critical chance and damage in my opinion.

or......

Change Resilience to block any attack, physical or magical, even friendly heals.

????? this really have nothing to do with the topic  ;)

resilience does reduce critical chance and damage from physical or magical...it just isnt add to the % of defense itself.

try hitting poley druid on us-saphire, my attack get down to 50% when i hit her.

im sure there are others.

2,1k def + 19,7% in guiding+arena gear mix ( on gloves 9+ i still use moon def and not phy def idk why was too lazy to change yet)

Resilience should only reduce Critical chance and damage, in my opinion. -It should not add to physical defense %-

or......

Change Resilience % to all defences both physical and magical

Both options would help melee classes

Resilience already decreases all kinds of damage. Both physical and magical

Yea thats what i get for being on the forum at work. I type to quickly to read.

"Change Resilience % to all defences both physical and magical"

-I should have said change the resilience % amount-

Make it lower so that other types of defense runes will actually be worth something