Kiting in WS is too easy agains melees

Deltaman

Do you think that the melee classes are under powered?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that the melee classes are under powered?

• Yes
    • No

I am mostly playing as a barb, who is a melee class, and one thing that always have annoyed me (except from that the Barbarian's skills are too weak) is that kiting in WS is too freaking easy!! Especially when it comes to 1vs1 fights. I  mean, a Barbarian for example have only one ranged anti-kiting-skill wich brings you close to the enemy and stuns them, but sometimes not at all, for a few seconds. I know the other melee classes have this problem too, Death Knight, Paladin and Blade Dancer. They try to reach their enemy but can't really get grip off him. While the druid, who is one of the most annoying runner classes, have a skill that litteraly TOTALLY stun you for like 9 seconds! The shaman got both blind and quake, the necro got nightmare (which is a nighmare in 1vs1), the warlock got the dark circle skill and the fear skill, the priest got the armistice skill and the mage got illusionary chains skill (but mage is a useless runner class though). Almost all of these skills makes it close to impossible to reach the kiter.

This makes melle melee classes under powered and they really need improvement. You could improve them by making their skills better, or improve them in some other way. (maybe nerfing all ranged classes).  :rofl:

Feel free to leave your opinion.

Whut? It says that that page isn't availble. And why are you posting it here?

I get it. U wanted me to google it. But c'mon, it isn't that long. :lol:

These Ranged skills are really annoying for Meeles. C'mon devs, nobody said to remove them but make sure that future Skills will make it more fair in PVP/Arena. ( These Snowballs are a way in the right direction, make it permanent and change it to -throw Knifes- )

I hope they will really balance skills between characters, specially fight between range & melee is so unbalanced that nobody cant say against it.

I really hope so too :drinks:

These Ranged skills are really annoying for Meeles. C'mon devs, nobody said to remove them but make sure that future Skills will make it more fair in PVP/Arena. ( These Snowballs are a way in the right direction, make it permanent and change it to -throw Knifes- )

Yupp. Melees need more ranged skills.

Melees Need more ranged skills or changing running mechanism can really bring balance.

Yea. Being controlled as the ranged classes biatch is not funny. :facepalm:

Melee classes are ranged classes toys.In arena 2shamans blind me again n again run then again blind i felt like a toy.

And then we aren't even talking about warlocks. :facepalm:

Tl;dr

Too long , didn't read.

I was curious too went to urban dictionary xD

No, barbs can 1-2 hit meters and rangers. I think this works out well. It's like having a powerful weapon with a low crit chance. Accept the pros and the cons of it mate.

If your sick of being kited and your a melee class, make sure your not alone facing him. Simple as that.

If you go to arena and find yourself against a mixed party, always try to remove the casters first. Against full caster party which i admit is a pain, all you can do is stack stuns and make sure that your party doesn't stack upon each other or stand too close to each other.

And by the way, this game is not designed for 1v1.

I am mostly playing as a barb, who is a melee class, and one thing that always have annoyed me (except from that the Barbarian's skills are too weak) is that kiting in WS is too freaking easy!! Especially when it comes to 1vs1 fights. I  mean, a Barbarian for example have only one ranged anti-kiting-skill wich brings you close to the enemy and stuns them, but sometimes not at all, for a few seconds. I know the other melee classes have this problem too, Death Knight, Paladin and Blade Dancer. They try to reach their enemy but can't really get grip off him. While the druid, who is one of the most annoying runner classes, have a skill that litteraly TOTALLY stun you for like 9 seconds! The shaman got both blind and quake, the necro got nightmare (which is a nighmare in 1vs1), the warlock got the dark circle skill and the fear skill, the priest got the armistice skill and the mage got illusionary chains skill (but mage is a useless runner class though). Almost all of these skills makes it close to impossible to reach the kiter.

This makes melle melee classes under powered and they really need improvement. You could improve them by making their skills better, or improve them in some other way. (maybe nerfing all ranged classes).  :rofl:

Feel free to leave your opinion.

Deathknight- Threads of Darkness

Barbarian- Charge

Bladedancer- Hamstring

Paladin- Fetters of justice

Priest's Armistice doesn't stun so you can just follow them until the effect goes away, then attack again.

Kiting isn't always easy, especially on a phone. It really depends on the skill of your opponent. Find a strategy, stop complaining.

All they need to add for rogue is an option to put poision on your daggers/swords... u can choose between damage every few seconds or slows enemy attack speed and movment by 50% keep in mind this is a chance not all the time. Other skill is teleport behind the enemy which stuns enemy for a few seconds and increase your penetration. Just these 2 things will make rouge op  :yahoo:

All they need to add for rogue is an option to put poision on your daggers/swords... u can choose between damage every few seconds or slows enemy attack speed and movment by 50% keep in mind this is a chance not all the time. Other skill is teleport behind the enemy which stuns enemy for a few seconds and increase your penetration. Just these 2 things will make rouge op  :yahoo:

Stealth and gauge have already made rogues op xD

why better don´t give them machine guns n grenades just in case :crazy:

I love u be my gf?  :give_rose:

Aw flu... :( see this...

Sry flu we cant be bf and gf...

I would really glad if u wanna be my friend

pshh I don't like u anyways.. I don't want to eat rice the rest of my life. :nea:  no offense

Lol i know that u were bored and pissed off of Seth xD

I only refused u softly :lol:

And yea, i also dont ever wanna be friend with someone like you... :bad:

Yukata and fluguyy, stop spamming off topic stuff.

No, barbs can 1-2 hit meters and rangers. I think this works out well. It's like having a powerful weapon with a low crit chance. Accept the pros and the cons of it mate.

No, unless you are killing lvl 10 you can't insta kill them. (Unless you are +10, and I am only +8)

If your sick of being kited and your a melee class, make sure your not alone facing him. Simple as that.

If you go to arena and find yourself against a mixed party, always try to remove the casters first. Against full caster party which i admit is a pain, all you can do is stack stuns and make sure that your party doesn't stack upon each other or stand too close to each other.

And by the way, this game is not designed for 1v1.

It is not only a problem in 1vs1, which Ws isn't designed for. They kite in all kinds of fights. And abt stacking stuns,  barbs stun...just don't wanna work. And I always take out the worst ranged control classes first, but it may be hard when you are stunned.

Barbarian- Charge

Bladedancer- Hamstring

Priest's Armistice doesn't stun so you can just follow them until the effect goes away, then attack again.

Kiting isn't always easy, especially on a phone. It really depends on the skill of your opponent. Find a strategy, stop complaining.

Those anti kiting skills aren't enough compared to all the kiting skills ranged classes have. And abt armistice. while you are following them they often heal themselves to max hp so when you start atking again, you have to start all over, and with less hp left.

Barbarian- Charge

Bladedancer- Hamstring

Think about your answer again. Fetters and Ham both 2 yard, so those are not good choz basic hit with casters is 6 yard and skills 5 yard. Another thing, there is no such a thing as stradegy in game which have just 5 (now 7 ) skills. Also you dont need player skill to play this game. Melees need somekind of buff which gives like 20-50% more speed for amount of time....

Think about your answer again. Fetters and Ham both 2 yard, so those are not good choz basic hit with casters is 6 yard and skills 5 yard. Another thing, there is no such a thing as stradegy in game which have just 5 (now 7 ) skills. Also you dont need player skill to play this game. Melees need somekind of buff which gives like 20-50% more speed for amount of time....

Foj is not just 2 yard range. It has some weird mechanism but it has way over 2 yard range.

Yes, they both say 2 yards, but I've seen them both stun an enemy at way over 2 yards. Once I even saw a Bladedancer stun an enemy from about 10 yards away. I don't know if it was a bug, but the range is definitely over 2 yards.

Yes, they both say 2 yards, but I've seen them both stun an enemy at way over 2 yards. Once I even saw a Bladedancer stun an enemy from about 10 yards away. I don't know if it was a bug, but the range is definitely over 2 yards.

Bladedacers is just 2 yards it was just messed up positioning that happens a lot. Foj on the other hand is way over 2 yards. Proof: I'm on my lock i hop areas -> resets positioning no funky stuff there and no lag pala comes little bit later 3 yards above where i came throughi had moved either 1 or 2 yards from my original position -> pala uses feathers i get stunned and i call bs. ( If someone didn't know this game counts yards only vertically and horizontally so i would have been 4-5 yards away from the guy. )

i have seen too that long hamstring from way more than 2 yards but i always said that is just lag, but pala instead i have been stunned with foj from 3 or 4 yards(no lag) wich is pretty annoying if ur using a caster cuz u get ur ass kicked from a buggy stun  :bad:

All the things you explainder here are caused by bad connection to the servers. Snorlax (or maybe kusmitch, I don't remember) said it. It is the same problem as when the swamp slug kills you 10 yards away.