Death Knight - Complete Skill Analysis and Mechanics (v11.2.0)

Ogull

5 minutes ago, Khrone said:

It's funny how even Death Call that is a agro skill deals more damage than Steel Hurricane :pfftch1: this thing needs a buff or rework

wut? death call doesn't deal more damage than steel, death call barely deal any damage

28 minutes ago, Ogull said:

wut? death call doesn't deal more damage than steel, death call barely deal any damage

Wait, the 80% damage from Death Call is each hit or the total damage?

58 minutes ago, Khrone said:

Wait, the 80% damage from Death Call is each hit or the total damage?

each hit.

what you probably thought about is 80% * 4 (cause 4 hits) = 320% and steel is just a 120%,looking at it that way... you are right in that regard

but what you should remember is that a physical death knight can reach +900 damage easily with 1 hand weapon and +1200 damage easily with 2 hand weapon while at the same time maintain his authority as a tank

a death knight with magical damage will reach +700 damage with difficulty if 1 hand weapon and +900 damage really really hard with 2 handed weapon and i am being really generous for magical damage death knight, mind you by doing that magical damage death knight will need to use magical damage accessories and 2 hand weapon to boost their damage, effectively losing any defensive stats a shield and "norma tank" accessories would've given thus failing at you objective of being a.. well "tank"

that's why magical damage death knights fail as a concept or a way to play in general, the use of magical damage for death knight should be a secondary thing and never, never a primary way of dealing damage, will unless you are a wannabe warlock ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by Ogull

15 minutes ago, Ogull said:

but what you should remember is that a physical death knight can reach +900 damage easily with 1 hand weapon and +1200 damage easily with 2 hand weapon while at the same time maintain his authority as a tank

a death knight with magical damage will reach +700 damage with difficulty if 1 hand weapon and +900 damage really really hard with 2 handed weapon

320% (4*80%) of 700 is still higher than 120% of 1200

8 minutes ago, Khrone said:

320% (4*80%) of 700 is still higher than 120% of 1200

again, i am not saying you are wrong, you are right.

however good luck tank those monster you aggroed with death call:true_story1:

Edited by Ogull

23 minutes ago, Ogull said:

again, i am not saying you are wrong, you are right.

however good luck tank those monster you aggroed with death call:true_story1:

Who says i'm going to tank? :troll_face1:

What i'm saying is that a skill made for tanks deal more damage than a skill made ONLY for damage (and that's why i think Steel Hurricane needs other effect besides damage).

1 hour ago, Ogull said:

1.4K Phys. DMG DK

We do a little trolling :troll_face1:

Also:

800 Mag. DMG DK

• 2 weeks later...
В 14.01.2021 в 23:32, Ogull сказал:

Magical damage dealt: 50% 60% 70% 80%

I’m sorry, but numbers of Death call are not correct.

Look at this topic about dk

It’s on russian, but you will understand what i’m talking about easily. Death call 1/4 on the gif of dk with 406 magical damage hits only 142, that is ≈35% increase.

:piggy:

• 2 months later...
В 14.01.2021 в 23:32, Ogull сказал:

sharp.jpg.0c63f26d45c6997471424e93468a2c60.jpg Sharp Shadow

Type: Active

Usage Range: 3 yards

Energy Cost: 18 units

Cooldown: 14 seconds

Magical attack that deals damage to enemy with a chance of stunning them, the character also restore health equal to a portion of damage dealt if under the effect of saturation.

• Magical damage dealt: 200% 250% 300% 350%
  • Stun chance: 35% 45% 55% 80%
  • Stun Duration: 2 2.5 3.5 seconds
  • health restored: 20% 30% 40% 50%

So... If I have 800 magical damage I will hit 2800 on 4/4? 

5 hours ago, Vadim26 said:

Holy crap. I can barely do 200~ dmg with pvp mace on a player and I can deal roughly 600 damage with Sharp Shadow

11 hours ago, Vadim26 said:

it depends on the target magical armor. but yes, you can hit roughly around that much

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/14/2021 at 10:32 PM, Ogull said:

384906336_darkshield.jpg.88320da6dee5873dc24e4e3c1d286c95.jpg Dark Shiel

wow so it's true, I am so disappointed. I was casting shield after each def buff thinking it'd make a difference. What a bunch of bs

• Ogull changed the title to Death Knight - Complete Skill Analysis and Mechanics (v10.2.0)

Ok, i have a Magical Damager DK and after this update, i need Saturation in my build.

So i'll use:

Knight's Curse 4/4

Saturation 4/4

What should be my 3rd full skill? I was thinking between Sharp Shadow and Steel Hurricane

Or maybe even a defensive one if i'm gonna be a oof-tank or something

33 minutes ago, Khrone said:

What should be my 3rd full skill? I was thinking between Sharp Shadow and Steel Hurricane

Magic ring hp regen Vamp and 4/4 Reserves :dizzy-crazy-rabbit-emoticon:
Joke.. Go 4/4 Sharp, Hurricane is more dmg magic than Curse, but Curse is periodical damage. but Hurricane is stay close to mob. Idk I prefer periodical for mobs without fear.

3 hours ago, Khrone said:

Ok, i have a Magical Damager DK and after this update, i need Saturation in my build.

So i'll use:

Knight's Curse 4/4

Saturation 4/4

if you are going to use saturation then sharp shadow is a good choice, their interaction with each other will give a really good healing plus its good for both PvP and PvE. if you are mainly going for PvE then steel would be the better choice here for life stealing with the AoE damage from hordes of mobs

the safest way to do a skill build is going for 1 damaging skill, 1 healing skill and 1 defensive skill.

for the damaging skill, its either sharp shadow, curse, steel or even death call depending on what you are using the dk for

the healing skill could either be saturation or secret reserve

and the same should apply to defensive skills. like aura of hatred, blood protection or recently even secret reserve

you could deviate from this basic formula depending on how your dk is doing, for example if you feel like you have enough armor/defense then you could drop the defensive skill in favor of more dmg or healing

or there is the case of not wanting to tank at all, in that case you will go for a 2 damage, 1 healing, 0 defense kinda build

Edited by Ogull

On 1/14/2021 at 9:32 PM, Ogull said:

call.jpg.20ee9c225c488ae7bd76c42e241602af.jpg Death Call

Type: Active

Usage type: Instant

Energy Cost: 20 units

Cooldown: 14 seconds

All enemies with the radius of death call will attack the death knight, enemies near the death knight will receive magical damage for the duration of the effect.

• Magical damage dealt: 50% 60% 70% 80%
  • aggression amount: 15000 35000 80000 140000
  • Effect Duration: 6 seconds
  • Area of Effect: 7x7 all levels (shape of a square, see spoiler below)
  • 1.5 seconds interval between damage pulses (equal 4 pulses of damage)

So, do I understand it right, that it does 80% mdmg 4 times and can be crit? 

Okay. One more question. As phy dmg dk I have satur 3/4 hurricane and aura 4/4 and I'll get reserve 3/4. My base aggro is 5/5 with 60% relic and it is not enough. 

Investing points to dc is not really worth for me, as pdmg dk. So how am I able to tank dg, when boss is attacking my party mates even I'm using both agros asap? 

58 minutes ago, Darkcaller said:

Okay. One more question. As phy dmg dk I have satur 3/4 hurricane and aura 4/4 and I'll get reserve 3/4. My base aggro is 5/5 with 60% relic and it is not enough. 

Investing points to dc is not really worth for me, as pdmg dk. So how am I able to tank dg, when boss is attacking my party mates even I'm using both agros asap? 

you have to level up dc, there is no way around it. if your plan to tank that is, then dc is the most important skill to have, it deals double the aggro provocation deals in a big AoE. don't think about it as a damaging skill but as a aggression skill like provocation

9 hours ago, Ogull said:

trying to figure out sharp shadow damage:sad:wish me luck bois!

1611445213_sharpoonsheet.PNG.2123e0a07231cc883b6e03a98da70bdd.PNG

imageedit_2_2019856746.jpg.ffd1a224e3083fe9a37efbe18287403f.jpgimageedit_1_8061520519.jpg.5f0c7333d062d9f3a4bd724f6cc99966.jpg

i think you might be taking these skills too seriously

8 minutes ago, Jcbreff said:

i think you might be taking these skills too seriously

at this point it became personal 🔪 I'm gonna figure it out

1 hour ago, Ogull said:

at this point it became personal 🔪 I'm gonna figure it out

and then once you figure it out devs will just change something and you have to do it all over again

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Filipe Ramon said:

The best. I'll make a guide based on your post if you don't mind.

ofcourse you can! good luck with your guide.

В 26.12.2021 в 21:43, Ogull сказал:

at this point it became personal 

беги отсюда, коллега. тебя засосала трясина. мир вокруг удивителен и разнообразен. есть девочки, бары, есть возможность выучить русский, и после этого откроется новый мир. бросай херней заниматься.

Млять, что я написал? Как гребаный гугл справится с "бросать херню" Извините, жители другого полушария, вечного вам лета, и с общим праздником!

Edited by акм

32 minutes ago, акм said:

беги отсюда, коллега. тебя засосала трясина. мир вокруг удивителен и разнообразен. есть девочки, бары, есть возможность выучить русский, и после этого откроется новый мир. бросай херней заниматься.

Млять, что я написал? Как гребаный гугл справится с "бросать херню" Извините, жители другого полушария, вечного вам лета, и с общим праздником!

"eternal summer" is all we desert dwellers have :giveheart:

4cvt4sb.jpg.9277a4d693948d6cd487980f80e19ac4.jpg

22 минуты назад, Ogull сказал:

"eternal summer" is all we desert dwellers have 

И у вас все плохо? Вы же там к Америке поближе вроде как? 

Сцука, как гребаный гугл переведет "вроде как"? 

Ну херня, я упертый, я индейцев заставлю по-русски говорить.

On 12/26/2021 at 9:36 AM, Ogull said:

imageedit_2_2019856746.jpg.ffd1a224e3083fe9a37efbe18287403f.jpgimageedit_1_8061520519.jpg.5f0c7333d062d9f3a4bd724f6cc99966.jpg

you can try to cast it with even lower attack thanks to negative effects, you should be able to reach an enought low amount to achive what you are aiming for wich is the raw increase, but for that you should try on deathknights of different level too since it can also depend on the character level as for raw damage from the skill

try with the following (at the same time): bladedancer's sap, barbarian's roar, necromancer's mental pit and chieftan's trashing, at the maximun development ofcourse

in case give also to me to info and i will try too to gain the formula

On 12/26/2021 at 10:36 AM, Ogull said:

I put those numbers in a coordinate system and noticed that they form lines and based on those lines I got the following formulas:

Shap shadow lv1:

(848*x+52383)/599=y

lv2:

(938*x+91762)/599=y

lv3:

(1029*x+124517)/599=y

lv4:

(1150*x+146039)/599=y

where x=mdmg and y=Sharp shadow dmg

Line.PNG.7fa64ca25aa455b29deb640d9d6a0228.PNG

These formulas don't seem to always give 100% correct answers but I hope this helps anyways.

On 1/9/2022 at 12:15 AM, Phosphatase said:

I put those numbers in a coordinate system and noticed that they form lines and based on those lines I got the following formulas:

Shap shadow lv1:

(848*x+52383)/599=y

lv2:

(938*x+91762)/599=y

lv3:

(1029*x+124517)/599=y

lv4:

(1150*x+146039)/599=y

where x=mdmg and y=Sharp shadow dmg

Line.PNG.7fa64ca25aa455b29deb640d9d6a0228.PNG

These formulas don't seem to always give 100% correct answers but I hope this helps anyways.

it will be put to good use :panda7: thanks for the contribution :giveheart:

On 25/12/2021 at 16:50, Ogull said:

você tem que subir de nível dc, não há como contornar isso. se o seu plano for tankar, então dc é a habilidade mais importante a ter, lida com o dobro das ofertas de provocação agressiva em um grande AoE. não pense nisso como uma habilidade prejudicial, mas como uma habilidade de agressão como provocação

I use a tank-oriented build. Aggression 3/4. Reserves 4/4 Blood protection 4/4 and saturation 3/4. for PvE I liked it, but I can't do anything in GvG or PvP and it's bothering me, what do you suggest I do? I like tanking but I can't get much out of this build in PvP and GvG

21 minutes ago, AntraxXL said:

I use a tank-oriented build. Aggression 3/4. Reserves 4/4 Blood protection 4/4 and saturation 3/4. for PvE I liked it, but I can't do anything in GvG or PvP and it's bothering me, what do you suggest I do? I like tanking but I can't get much out of this build in PvP and GvG

yea i thought so. you don't have a damaging/CC spell

its gonna be damn near impossible to do everything, try to find the sweet spot between PvE & PvP. you seem to be having 3 defensive skills 2 of them are a healing skill. try exchanging blood protection for a damaging skill, sharp shadow is a really good choice, it offer good damage as well as stun for PvP and also heals you if you are under the effect of saturation. otherwise knight curse is a good skill for large scale PvP's and GvG's

Consider Knight Curse only if you're building your char upon magic dmg. Stick otherwise to Sharp Shadow. ^^ 

• 2 weeks later...