Deathly eye skill is completely useless?

krzyskillz

The deathly eye skill for the necromancer is just a waste of space. It is completely useless because it doesn't even damage the enemy or anything. The percentage of hp they loose is only noticeable if they have full HP. And even then, a few second later, they get that hp back. What's the point of the skill?

The deathly eye skill for the necromancer is just a waste of space. It is completely useless because it doesn't even damage the enemy or anything. The percentage of hp they loose is only noticeable if they have full HP. And even then, a few second later, they get that hp back. What's the point of the skill?

Hell no,its the 2nd best skill for necro after nightmare.

U must use 2x deathly eye and followed by poison skill will get 3x dmg ticks depending on ur dark dmg. Pro necros always trying to get this combo running.

Also Deathly eye is very useful hunting big hp bosses like Demon or Sam han with 1.5m hp ,using deathly eye at start can make 90k dmg in 2x deathly skill.

Hell no,its the 2nd best skill for necro after nightmare.

U must use 2x deathly eye and followed by poison skill will get 3x dmg ticks depending on ur dark dmg. Pro necros always trying to get this combo running.

Also Deathly eye is very useful hunting big hp bosses like Demon or Sam han with 1.5m hp ,using deathly eye at start can make 90k dmg in 2x deathly skill.

Or then again you could use it to steal boss hunts. :crazy:

How can u steal boss drops? still  have to give 10% dmg to get the drop right?

Eye reduces total boss hp , does not dmg.

Im not sure ^ kind of a new player about 3 months old(necro lvl  20)

It counts as damage. You get a head start to doing that 10% damage.

• 3 weeks later...

It counts as damage. You get a head start to doing that 10% damage.

its not about who makes 10% dmg first, its about which 1player can deal most amount of dmg in the first 10% hp of the boss, will get the drop and whos in party with him before dealing the dmg will get drop also

if a boss has 40khp than a player only must deal most dmg in the first 4k hp hit, ill just have to hit more than 2kdmg than ill get drop for sure

• 3 weeks later...

Deathly eye is hard to use; u need some reflex and no delays at u re phone/computer to use as combo with sleep and poison spittle during healing and shielding. Druids have easier mechanic of this kind of spell but; if u hunt a boss with 3 necros and all will spam deathly eye (there is higher chance to pop-up) and then all will use poison spittle it can deal huge amount of dmg, and use deathly eye at start is good advantage too.

• 3 weeks later...

Nope, u can put deathly eye effect after ~ 1 max 5 use of skill on boss.

Na it's completely random.

But it's possible to put the effect on bosses. It's just that it doesn't happen very often.

Na it's completely random.

But it's possible to put the effect on bosses. It's just that it doesn't happen very often.

Of course it is random I just said ~uses of skill put effect.

• 1 month later...

Its not completely useless but imo they should buff this skill a bit. Maybe increase number of poison ticks from 3 to 4 or reduce skill cooldown.

I don't neccesarily like the idea of raising the ticks to 4 because that might interfere with certain combos pulled off with nightmare.

I don't neccesarily like the idea of raising the ticks to 4 because that might interfere with certain combos pulled off with nightmare.

This

But maybe buff the damage by 20-30 damage or only needs to be applied once for poison effect.

There have been previous posts about the deathly eye being useless (which I have posted also), I believe that it should be removed and have something else in place for it, it is only useful I find for bosses and such, too difficult to use in PVP :facepalm:

I think it should remain difficult do use in pvp (but in 1v1 its easy if you have at least level 3 nightmare).

In my opinion they should give a better reward for for landing this skill.

Maybe give it another utiliy, for example, all targets affected by it twice receive a debuff on heal (inverse of that merman skill which increases heal).

• 2 weeks later...

This

But maybe buff the damage by 20-30 damage or only needs to be applied once for poison effect.

once for Poisen effect... great...

i'll continue my necro Darling from now  :yahoo:

• 3 weeks later...

i think it is almost useless against enemies like druids or bd  the ones who can block and attack u  at the same time cause they wont wait for u to give two hits then poison so till u land the attacks u will be almost dead so not much helpfull ,,they should at least make it deals demage if used  alone and poison if  it used twice