Opinions on Gear Setup for Attack Speed Chieftain?

Crowns

With the recent update to Chieftains' new experts, I have been pondering over the possibility of an Attack Speed Chieftain with Leather Armor for both PVP and PVE purposes. 

Would love to hear the thoughts of more experienced players here. Skill builds would be greatly appreciated too. 

Personally, I've been a full magic -> mixed damage Chieftain but wish to explore slightly out of the main meta. 

Any suggestions? 

36 minutes ago, TheWho said:

Chieftain isn't in meta. The weakest and the worst class in the game currently. 

You can't consider a class overall weak on one side only. Certainly it might need a buff on PvP terms, but on PvE, it's AoE damage sounds (and seems too, especially in dg) perfectly good on PvE scenarios. 

Только что, Higgings сказал:

You can't consider a class overall weak on one side only. Certainly it might need a buff on PvP terms, but on PvE, it's AoE damage sounds (and seems too, especially in dg) perfectly good on PvE scenarios. 

Aoe damage dealing is the only thing he is the best at, okay. He sucks in any other category. It is not a hero, but wasting of time and money.

Hunter is also good at aoe damage, especially when there's a few of them. There's no crucial need in this hero, much more when it gets nerfed.

By the way, in 9.2 Chieftain has become weaker in pve as damage dealer, aoe as well. 

15 minutes ago, TheWho said:

By the way, in 9.2 Chieftain has become weaker in pve as damage dealer, aoe as well. 

My sincere apologies for my ignorance, but how is that? 

4 минуты назад, Higgings сказал:

My sincere apologies for my ignorance, but how is that? 

You never used relic, which gives 100% crit. damage with Rage?

I dealt 10120 damage with every cast of the Eagle Eye, now it's reduced by 32-64% every cast of the skill. The new dd skill doesn't cover it. Does not even cover it in 1 target. What if there more than 1 target? I'd better take Hunter with immediate aoe damage, that nerfed chieftain with aoe damage over time. This is nothing but nonsense.

2 hours ago, TheWho said:

You never used relic, which gives 100% crit. damage with Rage?

I dealt 10120 damage with every cast of the Eagle Eye, now it's reduced by 32-64% every cast of the skill. The new dd skill doesn't cover it. Does not even cover it in 1 target. What if there more than 1 target? I'd better take Hunter with immediate aoe damage, that nerfed chieftain with aoe damage over time. This is nothing but nonsense.

Oh, now I get it. It was a nerf which, according to you, was unnecessary. The same given to the PvP scenario. 

1 час назад, Higgings сказал:

Oh, now I get it. It was a nerf which, according to you, was unnecessary. The same given to the PvP scenario. 

It was the weakest melee dd class. We have received a new dd skill, but the class only got weaker. That's not healthy.