The game is dying

Madz101

I've been playing this game for quite a few years and its sad to see this happen. 

Its the truth and its happening the non Russian servers are dying people around me are being inactive or leaving. 

Its become a seasonal game honestly 

You play at either of the 3-4 yearly events or you don't ...

Guessing from guild population and people that log atleast 4 days a week 

its less than a thousand players on both sides in total (specifically talking about Eu Emerald).

The game move to add it on steam hasn't worked out quite well for increasing the popularity of the game. 

I feel we have to take some sort of measures to get more players. 

Its been awfully quiet and very robotic in terms of any changes in power or population growth and if there is a new face in the game its usually old players coming back but 2 others leaving... 

Merging servers is quiet impossible in terms of timing the events but other stuff like merging dealer or having some sort of cross server event would be a good idea. 

Knowing that many people still love 2D pixel rpg games i think WS can do better.. 

Rather than (don't want to be ungrateful or negative) having same repetitive events we could add something like sharing achievements or other game stuff to social media and earning rewards. 

Having collabs and crossovers with other games/animes/movies like other games. 

That's it for me. 

what's  your take on this and how can we increase the population of the game? 

Edited by Madz101
spelling

20 minutes ago, Madz101 said:

I've been playing this game for quite a few years and its sad to see this happen. 

Its the truth and its happening the non Russian servers are dying people around me are being inactive or leaving. 

You play at either of the 3-4 yearly events or you don't ...

Guessing from guild population and people that log atleast 4 days a week 

its less than a thousand players on both sides in total (specifically talking about Eu Emerald).

The game move to add it on steam hasn't worked out quite well for increasing the popularity of the game. 

I feel we have to take some sort of measures to get more players. 

Its been awfully quiet and very robotic in terms of any changes in power or population growth and if there is a new face in the game its usually old players coming back but 2 others leaving... 

Merging servers is quiet impossible in terms of timing the events but other stuff like merging dealer or having some sort of cross server event would be a good idea. 

Knowing that many people still love 2D pixel rpg games i think WS can do better.. 

Rather than (don't want to be ungrateful or negative) having same repetitive events we could add something like sharing achievements or other game stuff to social media and earning rewards. 

Having collabs and crossovers with other games/animes/movies like other games. 

That's it for me. 

what's  your take on this and how can we increase the population of the game? 

It's all about advertising. 

Advertise it on the right Youtube Channels and you'll see a lot of population Growth.

And that is already happening right now.

:sigh-crazy-rabbit-emoticon:

But i dont think the game is anywhere near death.

Just now, Zahard said:

But i dont think the game is anywhere near death.

Its dead inside atleast. 

Its hollow is what i mean. 

Maybe its not close but its getting there init? I was pointing at the Non Russian servers specifically...its happening everyone knows... 

Advertising is kind of not our job.. but people tried i mean making WS videos although not a lot of stuff to show. 

We might brush it aside as a casual clicking mmorpg but definitely its not.. cuz u fall behind very fast if u quit for like 3-4 months...

Just now, Madz101 said:

Its dead inside atleast. 

Its hollow is what i mean. 

Maybe its not close but its getting there init? I was pointing at the Non Russian servers specifically...its happening everyone knows... 

Advertising is kind of not our job.. but people tried i mean making WS videos although not a lot of stuff to show. 

We might brush it aside as a casual clicking mmorpg but definitely its not.. cuz u fall behind very fast if u quit for like 3-4 months...

I didn't mean ,  players doing the advertising.

I meant the company investing in advertising.

As in , big youtubers promoting the game and etc.

But i do think the community has a big role to play in that sense.

Helping new players is a must , for example.

:advise:

2 minutes ago, Zahard said:

I didn't mean ,  players doing the advertising.

I meant the company investing in advertising.

As in , big youtubers promoting the game and etc.

But i do think the community has a big role to play in that sense.

Helping new players is a must , for example.

I get what you're saying but is it that easy because of the state of the game players are very laid back about sharing anything related to WS and there is no integration of sharing the game on social media kind of stuff in the game itself.. 

The administration itself has been very passive about advertising because it doesn't show anywhere honestly or i maybe blind but yea this is my opinion :unknw:

Just now, Madz101 said:

I get what you're saying but is it that easy because of the state of the game players are very laid back about sharing anything related to WS and there is no integration of sharing the game on social media kind of stuff in the game itself.. 

The administration itself has been very passive about advertising because it doesn't show anywhere honestly or i maybe blind but yea this is my opinion :unknw:

I've actually seen quite a lot of advertising on youtube videos.

It actually really surprised me recently.

And talking about helping new players people wont walk and help every other new player because 100% being curt and no filters people are selfish in some way or lazy in the end and we can solve this very very easily. 

By adding a reward system for helping actual new players...

:pheew-crazy-rabbit-emoticon:

I can be technical here if you want.. 

Heres an idea

Help a new player = get a reward 

in order for this system to not be abused 

add a daily limit 

AND add a system where u can only avail these rewards if u have played for a certain amount of days for example 30 days of login. 

And the level gap between you and the new player. 

And a system where its recognized that its an actual new player not an alt. 

Therefore u can't abuse the system. 

maybe its a wishful idea but i have seen it in other games and it definitely works:advise:

59 minutes ago, Drakoknight said:

As a matter of fact I have seen a few more new players recently

well the number of replies to this post shows... 

and honestly cmon how many new serious or growing players have you seen.

I have seen like 8-10 for the past few months and some just quit already...

Having actual players is whats the problem... :uhuh:

Especially right after horror everything went silent like boom event ends active players went half and atleast 8 players i know straight up quit.. 

Infact even one guildmate quit today after deleting his own gear and stuff.

Edited by Madz101

7 hours ago, Madz101 said:

well the number of replies to this post shows... 

New players might not even got a forum account nor know that a forum exists, since they are indeed new players

The game has huge huge design flaws that would put me off if I was a new player.

You pay good money to spend time in dungeons in which the loot tables usually contain bunch of dogshit which doesnt even pay back the money you spent to enter + a very very low % of getting an very expensive item which makes you keep trying cuz "I might get lucky  the next run".

Then you take the gear you got and you spend couple of hundreds of dollars in order to be able to GAMBLE to improve the item immensely. Then you gotta spend more money cuz there´s arena gear which you also need to gamble to increase and also now, you gotta gamble your way through under water gear as well. And after a few months, new gear thats has slightly different shade of the previous color and a little bit better % of stats is released and the spending cycle repeats.

The milking that goes on through the amp system, rune system, all different kinds of boxes, etc, is just ridiculous, it made me stop playing and I imagine it also stops new players from continuing playing the game once they understand how it works.

Edited by Mercurry

15 minutes ago, Mercurry said:

The game has huge huge design flaws that would put me off if I was a new player.

You pay good money to spend time in dungeons in which the loot tables usually contain bunch of dogshit which doesnt even pay back the money you spent to enter + a very very low % of getting an very expensive item which makes you keep trying cuz "I might get lucky  the next run".

Then you take the gear you got and you spend couple of hundreds of dollars in order to be able to GAMBLE to improve the item immensely. Then you gotta spend more money cuz there´s arena gear which you also need to gamble to increase and also now, you gotta gamble your way through under water gear as well. And after a few months, new gear thats has slightly different shade of the previous color and a little bit better % of stats is released and the spending cycle repeats.

The milking that goes on through the amp system, rune system, etc, is just ridiculous, it made me stop playing and I imagine it also stops new players from continuing playing the game once they understand how it works.

I do agree

I mean, you can't expect a big playerbase from a mobile MMORPG. This is one of the most time consuming sort of games, not everyone is willing to play that much time. (+ MMORPG's are slowly dying as a genre)

18 hours ago, Madz101 said:

in fact what keeps a bigger flow of players are the events if they stop the players stop too.

@MercurryThis was one of the most true reply that I have seen so far. The dungeon system is really expensive if you count on what players call "luck" I often sold the seeker's stamina because I was tired of waiting for a drop from the tooth fairy. the amplification system is the same thing "luck" and even if you have invested and left the +10 equipment there will always be others with better statistics that will force you to continue the cycle because nobody wants to continue with obsolete equipment

The main reason I feel that MMORPG games are dying is really because of social reasons. Look at games like Fortnite and Pubg. They both strived until other games came along. Such as Cod. I feel that MMORPG games will come back just like Table Top rpg games has. We just gotta wait

6 hours ago, Shoujo said:

@MercurryThis was one of the most true reply that I have seen so far. The dungeon system is really expensive if you count on what players call "luck" I often sold the seeker's stamina because I was tired of waiting for a drop from the tooth fairy. the amplification system is the same thing "luck" and even if you have invested and left the +10 equipment there will always be others with better statistics that will force you to continue the cycle because nobody wants to continue with obsolete equipment

Thats where population comes in if people are unable to sell useful or meta items gears whatever, its cuz the drops have surpassed the amount of people.. 

11 hours ago, Higgings said:

New players might not even got a forum account nor know that a forum exists, since they are indeed new players

Thats one of the points in the topic how to get new players to interact with the older player base... 

We can have one hell of a community.

If Devs are expecting suddenly random increases in population like 3-4 years ago its not happening. 

Imagine getting awarded for registering at the forum. 

And having level locked internship in the guild, meaning u are a passive member of the guild. You might not be able to join events and stuff but u can use the guild buffs to level up get a grasp of the game. 

Well only if devs read these suggestions.

:too_much_cuteness:

16 hours ago, Mercurry said:

The milking that goes on through the amp system, rune system, all different kinds of b

oxes, etc, is just ridiculous, it made me stop playing and I imagine it also stops new players from continuing playing the game once they understand how it works.

so true...the amping needs to have more options other than signs and spheres...😩

2 hours ago, Craftyguy said:

so true...the amping needs to have more options other than signs and spheres...😩

The easiest way to fix this would be to make signs not be Miracle shop exclusive and available to be farmed from mobs, quests and bosses (No, I dont count 10 signs from a guild tourny as a reliable source of signs, neither do I count the possibility of getting a piece of sign by completing the high end Kota quests in Swamps).

But obviously, this would greatly reduce the amount of money the game is producing so its never going to happen.

I´ve played this game for a decade, I was there when the amp system was introduced, I thought it was pretty cool but I remember trying to find out which mobs or bosses drop signs, I could only get spheres by farming. 

The content the devs are producing, especially the last year, is crazy good. But sadly, the game is pay2win in the roots and that keeps me from actually playing it and investing time in it.

18 hours ago, Mercurry said:

The easiest way to fix this would be to make signs not be Miracle shop exclusive and available to be farmed from mobs, quests and bosses (No, I dont count 10 signs from a guild tourny as a reliable source of signs, neither do I count the possibility of getting a piece of sign by completing the high end Kota quests in Swamps).

But obviously, this would greatly reduce the amount of money the game is producing so its never going to happen.

I´ve played this game for a decade, I was there when the amp system was introduced, I thought it was pretty cool but I remember trying to find out which mobs or bosses drop signs, I could only get spheres by farming. 

The content the devs are producing, especially the last year, is crazy good. But sadly, the game is pay2win in the roots and that keeps me from actually playing it and investing time in it.

In my opinion its a mild p2w than compared to other games ive tried playing. 

Thats why i am concerned or i would quit as well. 

Has potential but its not being tapped into... :pheew-crazy-rabbit-emoticon:

4 hours ago, Madz101 said:

In my opinion its a mild p2w than compared to other games ive tried playing. 

Thats why i am concerned or i would quit as well. 

Has potential but its not being tapped into... :pheew-crazy-rabbit-emoticon:

Items that are required to get the best gear are exclusively sold for money, even if you yourself dont pay the money, somebody else has to purchase them. On top of that you just gamble away the money to get a chance to get better gear. That is clean p2w.

23 minutes ago, Mercurry said:

Items that are required to get the best gear are exclusively sold for money, even if you yourself dont pay the money, somebody else has to purchase them. On top of that you just gamble away the money to get a chance to get better gear. That is clean p2w.

This is how the world goes, not only the game. If you won't buy something, someone else will. Life itself, in this sense, is P2W. The amping scenario is another story again. It's a choice. You know that amping requires "luck" or RNG, thus you know that amping might lead to failure. Nobody wrote that you have to be maxed: levels like +7-8 are what the majority of players are walking with, at it usually requires something like 4 sets of signs. Some classes don't even need to be fully amped, but only a piece of their equipment is enough (staves for healers/casters). The game has developed several ways to earn money nowadays. You just need time and eventually you'll become rich. 

9 minutes ago, Higgings said:

This is how the world goes, not only the game. If you won't buy something, someone else will. Life itself, in this sense, is P2W. The amping scenario is another story again. It's a choice. You know that amping requires "luck" or RNG, thus you know that amping might lead to failure. Nobody wrote that you have to be maxed: levels like +7-8 are what the majority of players are walking with, at it usually requires something like 4 sets of signs. Some classes don't even need to be fully amped, but only a piece of their equipment is enough (staves for healers/casters). The game has developed several ways to earn money nowadays. You just need time and eventually you'll become rich. 

I am not arguing the game is unplayable without playing money. I am saying the system of gear improvement is designed badly for players experience and instead clearly focuses on being as profitable as possible, I dont think you can argue in any way that this is not the case.

50 minutes ago, Mercurry said:

You can't buy equipments with miracle coins. But if an item is extremely rare, the person who pays more will obvioysly get the item. 

Just now, Nolan said:

You can't buy equipments with miracle coins. But if an item is extremely rare, the person who pays more will obvioysly get the item. 

I am not talking about getting the piece of gear itself, im talking about amplifying and enchanting it, which increases the character strenght multiple times and the fact, that even when you choose to purchase Signs from other players to amplify your gear, it still requires the someone to spend money, in order for you to improve the gear.

4 minutes ago, Mercurry said:

I am not talking about getting the piece of gear itself, im talking about amplifying and enchanting it, which increases the character strenght multiple times and the fact, that even when you choose to purchase Signs from other players to amplify your gear, it still requires the someone to spend money, in order for you to improve the gear.

If that guy hadn't spent his money, he wouldn't have been rich and strong by now. If nobody spent money for signs, everyone would be +0 and strong. 

Amping comes from a choice. From the one who buys signs for Coins to the one who buys signs for gold. 

1 minute ago, Higgings said:

If that guy hadn't spent his money, he wouldn't have been rich and strong by now. If nobody spent money for signs, everyone would be +0 and strong. 

So it seems you agree with my opinion about the game being p2w?

I don´t understand at the moment what are you trying to say, of course its your choice to amplify or to not amplify, but how is connected to my points? 

45 minutes ago, Mercurry said:

So it seems you agree with my opinion about the game being p2w?

I don´t understand at the moment what are you trying to say, of course its your choice to amplify or to not amplify, but how is connected to my points? 

I agree that the game should be more generous in terms of Signs being more accessible. I disagree on the game being P2W, since there is a way to be on the top legally without spending a coin. You are associating these options as a P2W way to play the game. A P2W game forces you to spend, this game doesn't. BUT, it's also true that if you don't spend, you'll take x3 more time than a Coin User to upgrade your character. That's more the way it is. 

1 hour ago, Higgings said:

I agree that the game should be more generous in terms of Signs being more accessible. I disagree on the game being P2W, since there is a way to be on the top legally without spending a coin. You are associating these options as a P2W way to play the game. A P2W game forces you to spend, this game doesn't. BUT, it's also true that if you don't spend, you'll take x3 more time than a Coin User to upgrade your character. That's more the way it is. 

I am a free to play person. Although I have spent money but it was for cosmetics and some event chests. I do get some signs from the second hand dealer. Really the amp system does need to be reworked. I would say more like something from Black Desert would be better

Well the amping system wont be changed any time soon and we are straying too far into that specific topic. 

Yes we might need to tone down the p2w a bit to attract players but it does allow older players to steamroll ahead more doesn't it? 

I haven't seen any comments from a support person or a dev yet... 

😂well all we can do is try.