New experts announced

Hourai

-Templar will finally receive a massive aggro skill.
-next ability will delight the magical templars, because now it will be possible to inflict a lot of damage, but not by the hero himself... but by his personal elemental!
-one more skill will appeal to those who like to rush into a crowd of enemies head first - now it can be done from a great distance, and with an additional slowing effect.
-a skill that will give the character such parameters as health and block, but with one curious feature! We can all agree that this set would be a little unfair in relation to Templars who prefer a staff, so the bonus will vary depending on the type of active weapon. Which parameter will replace block - try to guess in the comments.

All this coming from the official Warspear Online facebook post

What are your opinions?

It frightens me that the Templar is getting one more CC ability.

But...

We will have to wait and see how it will turn out.

:flying-crazy-rabbit-emoticon:

10 minutes ago, Zahard said:

But...

It frightens me that it will be even tankier than a DK 

:vp-looking:

1 minute ago, Higgings said:

That is already a given unfortunately  :cry1:

15 minutes ago, Zahard said:

But...

If its anywhere near how I imagine it to be which is; Paladins harad call but instead of stun, slow movement; then its gonna be partially of any great use but still worth a shot. Now if it has a 5x5 radius and slows down everyone in, which probably won't be, that'll be crazy good

As for the tanking part, I believe we'd be equal to DKs if Mantra was a passive instead of active, but yeah, new classes vs old classes, long story

My thoughts....

Current templar is a Control-support. So now it can tank, with aggression skill. 

I am wondering if the movement debuff from the gap closer skill will stack with Whirlwind's. Though the skill will rarely be used for staff users.

On the 'Health & block' active skill, assuming its the "skill with constant energy consumption", I was hoping it be Stun and CD/Accuracy. Though I assume, Stun may most likely be for staff.

On the elemental skill....Well it looks to be a Melee pet. However, I am not sure if it matches the 'Story lore' behind the Templar class. 

Anyway the energy costs for overall gameplay along with Merman gear buffs, makes me wonder if I will be spamming energy potions again.😅

6 hours ago, Risc said:

Anyway the energy costs for overall gameplay along with Merman gear buffs, makes me wonder if I will be spamming energy potions again.😅

140 energy regen is not enough for x2 merman auras, can't imagine throwing a 3rd constant energy consumption skill in...

6 hours ago, Risc said:

Just now, Hourai said:

140 energy regen is not enough for x2 merman auras, can't imagine throwing a 3rd constant energy consumption skill in...

this is something that worries me because the energy consumption of the Templar’s abilities is already very high.

15 minutes ago, Shoujo said:

this is something that worries me because the energy consumption of the Templar’s abilities is already very high.

Yeah, mana regen amulet/shield/cape/belt/rings and I still have to use mana castle scrolls to be of any decent output in a dungeon. And now considering 1 extra constant energy skill, plus minion/aggro to be used, that's gonna get nasty...

Well I think the new experts for Templar is very good compared to my initial impression. And the concern on this has been addressed - "For absolutely all skills of the Chieftain and Templar reduced energy consumption.". 🙂

32 minutes ago, Risc said:

Well I think the new experts for Templar is very good compared to my initial impression. And the concern on this has been addressed - "For absolutely all skills of the Chieftain and Templar reduced energy consumption.". 🙂

I feel the same, im also pretty happy they chose to "cater" more to the hybrid side of the class instead of having us to choose either physical or magical.

Looking forward to test server to decide the new build

On 12/11/2020 at 11:46 AM, Higgings said:

:get-out-crazy-rabbit-emoticon:BY THE GODS 

Tested the new expert skills on Test server and few other class changes. Here are my thoughts: (Not tested much with the staff. Prefer mace and shield mostly.)

• Power of the Heaven - The skill description's stats are not very clear when you level it to 4/4. However, its good overall based on hp and block rate increase.
    It has few issues however. The energy it consumes during combat is a lot. Especially when paired with Merman gear skills. When you activate it, it does not fill up the difference in hp instantly. This can be a detriment during arena. Finally animation wise, which is more of a personal opinion, it does not sync well with Merman gear buff and the orange circle from Deity statue.
  • Particle of Life - The skill is very good. 4/4 all the way. No complaints on this one. 😄
  • Branded by the Sun - It has very good range when maxed. However, the heal works like secret link of druid. Lower the hp, higher the heal. The amount of healing done is great. 
  • Onslaught - Good Gap closer with 6 yards range. Good damage. I would just leave it at 1/4. Personally, I can't help but wish there was a stun or silence, instead of movement debuff, which is just 15% at base level and 30% at max level. Though I understand, this opinion will draw criticism. Anyway, have to be careful with this, if the opponent players have a radius relic equipped on skills that can be applied beyond 6 yards.

Energy costs - I feel the changes done on the energy costs need to re-looked at. Not finding much difference. For example consider the below skill - Whirlwind of Repentance (Aoe skill). In the current meta it has 28 units as energy consumption at 5/5. 
image.png.210a9c14f5b0056799f712c7f4e4e62d.png

However, in test its just 25 units.
image.png.d8f408edcc75238a0cce8eed6dcb1ec9.png

Overall comparing all basic skill energy costs, the consumption has reduced only by 2 or 3 points. On experts, I have observed the energy cost remain same as before.

Edited by Risc

5 minutes ago, Risc said:

Tested the new expert skills on Test server and few other class changes. Here are my thoughts: (Not tested much with the staff. Prefer mace and shield mostly.)

• Power of the Heaven - The skill description's stats are not very clear when you level it to 4/4. However, its good overall based on hp and block rate increase.
    It has few issues however. The energy it consumes during combat is a lot. Especially when paired with Merman gear skills. When you activate it, it does not fill up the difference in hp instantly. This can be a detriment during arena. Finally animation wise, which is more of a personal opinion, it does not sync well with Merman gear buff and the orange circle from Deity statue.

It's just bugged and says "1% HP" at all levels, whereas its 5%/10%/15%/20%. I like it, but as you said, doesn't instantly heal the difference, and it feels a bit on the low end anyway, considering Charmers get 20%HP/30%mana/9% block on a very easily cycled skill. 

6 minutes ago, Risc said:

• Particle of Life - The skill is very good. 4/4 all the way. No complaints on this one. 😄
  • Branded by the Sun - It has very good range when maxed. However, the heal works like secret link of druid. Lower the hp, higher the heal. The amount of healing done is great. 

I agree the minion is just fine, I like both the physical start and the magic autos on it, as well as it being able to be casted from range.

The aggro heal itself seems like it could do with a fine tune considering heal pot alone makes it heal way above max and its ridiculous, but overal usefulunknown.png

8 minutes ago, Risc said:

• Onslaught - Good Gap closer with 6 yards range. Good damage. I would just leave it at 1/4. Personally, I can't help but wish there was a stun or silence, instead of movement debuff, which is just 15% at base level and 30% at max level. Though I understand, this opinion will draw criticism. Anyway, have to be careful with this, if the opponent players have a radius relic equipped on skills that can be applied beyond 6 yards.

It's 5 yards from what i've seen and played around, but yeah, unless they add silence/stun to it, it's basically suicide in a single skill, with unnoticeable slow at all levels.

And the mana cost reducing was a joke, 3-5 mana off per skill is not making any difference, if you have 4/4 block/hp skill in arena set you're basically 0 mana in 5 skills

43 minutes ago, Hourai said:

It's 5 yards from what i've seen and played around, but yeah, unless they add silence/stun to it, it's basically suicide in a single skill, with unnoticeable slow at all levels.

Just want to add...Movement skill debuff is more or less useless against ranged targets, unless they are trying to kite. So I observed that if I use Onslaught as an opener, in arena, all active experts enter the default global cooldown. In that window, the only stun skill to use would be 'Reverse flow'. However, it does take a bit of time to place at the right position and it may break the dps rotation, as it will throw the target away.

Edited by Risc

12 minutes ago, Risc said:

Just want to add...Movement skill debuff is more or less useless against ranged targets, unless they are trying to kite. So I observed that if I use Onslaught as an opener, in arena, all active experts enter the default global cooldown. In that window, the only stun skill to use would be 'Reverse flow'. However, it does take a bit of time to place at the right position and it may break the dps rotation, as it will throw the target away.

I started using charge as an opener, with whirlwind as 2nd skill to slow everything and try to punch to begin the combo as soon as possible. If i get stunned, I charged into it... Flow is ridiculous to try and land after charging, esp with the screen shifting closer to target

Aggro heal seems to be fixed, no longer heals according to missing HP.

1100 magic 1/4 aggro = 1210 healing

1100 magic 2/4 aggro = 1320 healing

1100 magic 3/4 aggro =  1430 healing

1100 magic 4/4 aggro =  1540 healing

5 hours ago, Hourai said:

Aggro heal seems to be fixed, no longer heals according to missing HP.

1100 magic 1/4 aggro = 1210 healing

1100 magic 2/4 aggro = 1320 healing

1100 magic 3/4 aggro =  1430 healing

1100 magic 4/4 aggro =  1540 healing

Not that bad of scaling. Have you tried to use it with a mace and a shield?

18 minutes ago, Higgings said:

I have tested it. My magic with mace (Grace included) is around 591.

1/4 was about 527. 4/4 about 827. (Rough figures, as I recall). So it can be inferred, comparing the stats, each level increases the heal value by 100 units.

23 minutes ago, Higgings said:

On 626 magic with mace

1/4 688

2/4 751

3/4 813

4/4 876

It was decent for what I could get, yeah, just wish missing an attack (dodge, parry, block) still gave me the heal because that got me killed at T5 boss Admiral during tests lol

Edited by Hourai

Well it has been a good round of tests.

Assuming tomorrow is the update...Here are my thoughts on the build I will likely pursue in general with DPS and Survivability in mind. To note, the below build is based on my gear and play style. Its not by any chance an optimum build. Its only for reference.

One Hand Melee & Shield - Lv 32 Build | Physical mace with magic as secondary stat. Base enchant is also magic. Armor, gloves, belt, accessories all add magic bonus.

Basic: Blame - 1/5 | Whirlwind of Repentance - 5/5Reverse Flow - 3/5Grace - 5/5 | Combat Support - 1/5

Expert: Harad's Teachings - 1/4 | Touch of Truth - 1/4 | Mantra of Healing - 1/4 | Deity Statue - 1/4 | Forbidden Trick/Sucker Punch - 4/4
Power of Heaven - 1/4 | Particle of Life - 4/4 Branded by the Sun - 4/4 | Onslaught - 1/4

Reason (Skill details in no particular order): The build is focused on burst dps and healing via Branded by Sun. My gear is mostly composed of Horror weapons and accessories. So I generally have 20 to 30% of 'Steal health' bonus.

"Branded by Sun" vs 'Passive' - Templar at the time of release, was based on Stun. Stun procs were needed to heal. Stuns are not very reliable as they tend to get resisted. I was hoping, there was a passive to improve the stun rate and lessen the chance of resist. Nevertheless, one has to work with what one has.

Granted "Branded by Sun" may not be very reliable in party, if someone's auto attack is quicker. However, solo wise and group party wise, it improves the overall healing.  And it has a short cooldown. The stigma lasts for 12 seconds at 4/4. Unlike the RNG involved in stun proc heals. So in terms of On demand healing, the aggro skill is better than the passive.

"Whirlwind of Repentance" is very useful. Its the only AOE skill for Templars. Can reduce accuracy and movement speed. Blame is better with staff.
"Reverse flow" needed, for escape, control or PVP. Ensure you have a relic, which increases the base targets for arena.
"Grace", always needed for higher damage/heal.
"Combat support"...Not very useful in terms of sustainability, Can be used as an emergency shield and movement. Though given the limited action bar slots...I might disregard it.

"Touch of truth", useful in arena. Not much use in PVE unless paired with Blame for the stun.
"Mantra of healing" - It has some utility use now. I just use it for emergency healing. Be careful if you are using it on someone else, lest they accuse you of trolling them.😋

"Deity Statue" - This needs to be improved. It hardly gives any good damage mitigation overall. The only thing is to use it as a decoy when passing a zone.

"Sucker Punch" - Have to be careful when being around a mage with this. But overall, its a great damaging skill for Physical dps.

"Power of Heaven" - Well naming aside...the skill does not deliver much from my opinion, unless, my gear is built like a Warden. The thing is Block stat is for warden, not for Templar. Our passive is built on stuns, as pointed earlier. Health bonus is also not much, based on the gear I have. Also it consumes a lot of energy. As such I feel its better to rely on Merman gear buffs. 'Thirst for life' is a much better damage mitigation skill for PVE. (To be noted, given the short supply of Merman gears and high cost, not everyone may get it at present.) And just for those unfamiliar with the skill I am stating, its this one: 

image.png.33c442fb2ad6d88237ddc4439cb675fd.png

And just to add, I am yet to purchase the armour and gloves, needed for "Crushing Will" from Merman Cloth gear. So I hope someone can post their thoughts on using it with Templar. As for as staff users, the penetration is useful...Though Templars are neither mages nor priests...So I am not sure, how it helps them in the long run, given the skills they have now.

"Particle of Life" - As explained in previous posts is great for any build. Though to note, as its pet based, expect it to stray away sometimes, after killing the primary target.

"Onslaught" - A good gap closer. Explained well in previous posts.

Staff Build - Lv 32

Unfortunately, I have no idea where the staff game-play is heading. Perhaps it was made to add a sort of  balance to Charmer...well its not working out, from my perspective.

Basic: Blame - 5/5 | Whirlwind of Repentance - 1/5 | Reverse Flow - 3/5Grace - 5/5 | Combat Support - 1/5

Expert:  Particle of Life - 4/4 | Remaining 6 points - Whatever suits one's needs...

Currently its just a single target dps. When the pet is active, in terms of dps...its just the old rotation...Grace-Blame...

Edited by Risc

And just to add, I feel there will be not much changes to the energy costs for Templar. So I would suggest having 250+ Energy pool and High energy regen. Though this will cause one to lower other needed stats. 

Just to wish to add my thoughts on the rotation. Its mainly built with Mace & shield play style. I hope in the near future, the action bar slots are increased. 

I mostly play on pc. Though time to time on a mobile.

image.thumb.png.f2770f5a625b542782d38f9a8636034c.png

Above is how I place my skills. 1 to 5 holds the skills frequently used, The rest based on usage and such.

Grace has to be always active, be it Dps or healing. So always keep it where its easy to spam it.

There is no particular order for PVE. Its based on your gameplay and such.

I have placed Onslaught and Vortex close to each other. As I have been trying to ensure Vortex is placed immediately where the cursor points to when I click the target, the moment I charge. It may be hard for mobile users, given the screen-shifts and such.

So to summarize, as far as arena is concerned, this is the approach I am currently taking...Activate Grace and Power of Heaven after being teleported to the arena.. Onslaught>>Vortex>>Sucker Punch>>Whirlwind>>Touch of Silence/Elemental (Assuming you have not died after the charge 😹)>>Blame or other skills.  

Anyway there are always lot of variables in arena, rotation vary based on that. So just do what you can. 🙂

Edited by Risc

20 minutes ago, Risc said:

Well it has been a good round of tests.

Assuming tomorrow is the update...Here are my thoughts on the build I will likely pursue in general with DPS and Survivability in mind. To note, the below build is based on my gear and play style. Its not by any chance an optimum build. Its only for reference.

One Hand Melee & Shield - Lv 32 Build | Physical mace with magic as secondary stat. Base enchant is also magic. Armor, gloves, belt, accessories all add magic bonus.

Basic: Blame - 1/5 | Whirlwind of Repentance - 5/5Reverse Flow - 3/5Grace - 5/5 | Combat Support - 1/5

Expert: Harad's Teachings - 1/4 | Touch of Truth - 1/4 | Mantra of Healing - 1/4 | Deity Statue - 1/4 | Forbidden Trick/Sucker Punch - 4/4
Power of Heaven - 1/4 | Particle of Life - 4/4 Branded by the Sun - 4/4 | Onslaught - 1/4

Reason (Skill details in no particular order): The build is focused on burst dps and healing via Branded by Sun. My gear is mostly composed of Horror weapons and accessories. So I generally have 20 to 30% of 'Steal health' bonus.

"Branded by Sun" vs 'Passvie' - Templar at the time of release, was based on Stun. Stun procs were needed to heal. Stuns are not very reliable as they tend to get resisted. I was hoping, there was a passive to improve the stun rate and lessen the chance of resist. Nevertheless, one has to work with what one has.

Granted "Branded by Sun" may not be very reliable in party, if someone's auto attack is quicker. However, solo wise and group party wise, it improves the overall healing.  And it has a short cooldown. The stigma lasts for 12 seconds at 4/4. Unlike the RNG involved in stun proc heals. So in terms of On demand healing, the aggro skill is better than the passive.

"Whirlwind of Repentance" is very useful. Its the only AOE skill for Templars. Can reduce accuracy and movement speed. Blame is better with staff.
"Reverse flow" needed, for escape, control or PVP. Ensure you have a relic, which increases the base targets for arena.
"Grace", always needed for higher damage/heal.
"Combat support"...Not very useful in terms of sustainability, Can be used as an emergency shield and movement. Though given the limited action bar slots...I might disregard it.

"Touch of truth", useful in arena. Not much use in PVE unless paired with Blame for the stun.
"Mantra of healing" - It has some utility use now. I just use it for emergency healing. Be careful if you are using it on someone else, lest they accuse you of trolling them.😋

"Deity Statue" - This needs to be improved. It hardly gives any good damage mitigation overall. The only thing is to use it as a decoy when passing a zone.

"Sucker Punch" - Have to be careful when being around a mage with this. But overall, its a great damaging skill for Physical dps.

"Power of Heaven" - Well naming aside...the skill does not deliver much from my opinion, unless, my gear is built like a Warden. The thing is Block stat is for warden, not for Templar. Our passive is built on stuns, as pointed earlier. Health bonus is also not much, based on the gear I have. Also it consumes a lot of energy. As such I feel its better to rely on Merman gear buffs. 'Thirst for life' is a much better damage mitigation skill for PVE. (To be noted, given the short supply of Merman gears and high cost, not everyone may get it at present.) And just for those unfamiliar with the skill I am stating, its this one: 

image.png.33c442fb2ad6d88237ddc4439cb675fd.png

And just to add, I am yet to purchase the armour and gloves, needed for "Crushing Will" from Merman Cloth gear. So I hope someone can post their thoughts on using it with Templar. As for as staff users, the penetration is useful...Though Templars are neither mages nor priests...So I am not sure, how it helps them in the long run, given the skills they have now.

"Particle of Life" - As explained in previous posts is great for any build. Though to note, as its pet based, expect it to stray away sometimes, after killing the primary target.

"Onslaught" - A good gap closer. Explained well in previous posts.

Staff Build - Lv 32

Unfortunately, I have no idea where the staff game-play is heading. Perhaps it was made to add a sort of  balance to Charmer...well its not working out, from my perspective.

Basic: Blame - 5/5 | Whirlwind of Repentance - 1/5 | Reverse Flow - 3/5Grace - 5/5 | Combat Support - 1/5

Expert:  Particle of Life - 4/4 | Remaining 6 points - Whatever suits one's needs...

Currently its just a single target dps. When the pet is active, in terms of dps...its just the old rotation...Grace-Blame...

As staff user you want to use combat support 5/5 instead of reverse flow and the last 4 points into some utility statue mantra or the new aggro skill 

Bcs like u said, the staff game play is very underwhelming I hope they improve it BUT NOT on the costs of the mace bcs I feel the mace might be just right now. Not sure about their role in pve yet

18 hours ago, Risc said:

I am yet to purchase the armour and gloves, needed for "Crushing Will" from Merman Cloth gear. So I hope someone can post their thoughts on using it with Templar. As for as staff users, the penetration is useful...Though Templars are neither mages nor priests...So I am not sure, how it helps them in the long run, given the skills they have now.

As said someone who owns both cloth and heavy merman pieces and I have ran many a dungeons with mana problems

Crushing will is one of my favourite things to have, and if I were to pick between heavy or cloth, i'd stick with cloth. Free critical and critical damage/healing on top of practically 80% uptime of 30% extra magic is a godsend for both mace/shield and staff users. It makes staff templars powerhealers and viable DPSers due to the nature of high hitting attacks (blame/minion attacking) and regardless if you've levelled up the healing skills, able to get very high crit heals. Plus that 8% penetration build, all the more power!

Don't sleep on staff templars for PvE, they might just be on-par with maces.

Though, as per the nature of my posts, they all come with a practically +10 award viewpoint on it, so there may be some discrepancies between my view and others'

18 hours ago, Mephi said:

As staff user you want to use combat support 5/5 instead of reverse flow and the last 4 points into some utility statue mantra or the new aggro skill 

Bcs like u said, the staff game play is very underwhelming I hope they improve it BUT NOT on the costs of the mace bcs I feel the mace might be just right now. Not sure about their role in pve yet

I don't find it underwhelming at all, if anything I find it pretty fun. I do wish we had one more magic damage spell, sure, since physical just got another 2 on top of whirl and punch, but other than that its great.

Hourai, is Staff or Hybrid damage better for PvP? 

Also, what are the best skill builds for PvP for Staff and Hybrid? Mainly Staff because I'm a staff Templar and with the new experts I feel a bit lost.

Big fan btw. 

13 hours ago, Murus said:

Hourai, is Staff or Hybrid damage better for PvP? 

Also, what are the best skill builds for PvP for Staff and Hybrid? Mainly Staff because I'm a staff Templar and with the new experts I feel a bit lost.

Big fan btw. 

Imo hybrid damage wins in PvP, but then again, I haven't tried an arena staff for pvp, which would probably make a big difference.

Skill build wise, @Risc did post some builds above, im personally using his hybrid build as well, offers good healing and damage overall.

During test server I tried; 3 flow 5 grace 5 combat support 4 minion 4 hp/penetration 4 passive, and it worked just fine, though a lot of mana was gone real quick, so might want to replace hp/penetration with either mantra or silence if you fight a lot of melees

Let me know how it goes

On 13/12/2020 at 12:54, Shoujo said:

Isso é algo que me preocupa porque o consumo de energia das habilidades dos Templários já é muito alto.

Concordo.. a skil deveria ser uma skil passiva da mesma forma que os Blade dancer tem uma passiva que aumenta 40% do dano e ela não gasta energia alguma!!!

Pra finalizar..... Criaram uma classe que não dá dano e nem tanca apenas stuna mais ou menos e que não será convidada para ir nas TORRES farmar e também não fará nada solo... Me arrependi de ter evoluído o meu..m sendo que o cacique é bom no PvP e também é muito superior no pve dito isto kkk criaram uma classe que assim como os paladinos precisa de rework urgente 🙂

• 1 month later...